one. zero eight five

as delilah closed her locker, she turned to talk to santana as purple ice hit her face, stinging everywhere. her she wiped her eyes with her hands as the cold ice stuck to her hair and eyelashes. "fucking lesbos," karafosky muttered, walking away from her. "reckon lopez is," she and santana both heard before he walked away, talking to another boy on the football team. this was it, delilah's first slushie. santana had promised that she wouldn't let her get slushies, she said she would go after whoever did it. so why was her supposed 'knight in shining armour' stood in shock.

she started to shiver, struggling to hold back the tears as the impact and embarrassment started to fully sink in. sure, the pain of the cold ice stung, but what really hurt was the embarrassment and santana not helping her.

"come on, lets go to the bathroom," a voice said, she turned expecting it to be santana but no, it was rachel berry. the girl who she was nothing but uncivil to, the girl who she left hate comments on her singing videos but still she was rinsing her hair in the sink. "you need to be quick, your hair is lighter than mine so it might stain," rachel said, helping the blonde get tiny ice clusters out of her hair and off her uniform.

"here," she sighed, handing her a sweatshirt, "i always have spare clothes, this happens a lot," she said. "lets go to glee club, or we will be late," she said, dragging her hand. "you'll get use to it," she said as the girls walked in. santana sat next to brittany, not making eye contact with the blonde, guilt, regret and confusion clouding her mind.

her reputation was at risk, she couldn't have people find out about her sexuallity. she couldn't go to the bottom of the pyramid. she couldn't let people think delilah and her had a 'thing'. that was anything but an option.

"the slushie war has commenced," kurt said, as delilah was finishing off wiping her hair dry with a towel, from mercedes. "if delilah got nailed, none of us are safe," she says as quinn comes over to the girl. "it's okay, you're okay," she whispers as she takes her seat as mr schue walks in. delilah goes to sit by rachel, as annoying as she is, she helped her.

"okay, guys, we're a little behind for sectionals, thanks to our sue sylvester detour, but you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right?" he asked but no one responded. "and i'm gonna keep you guys fired up, plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups," he said, turning the music into a lesson. "sometimes things are so different, they don't feel like they go together, but the big difference between them is what makes them great," he said pausing to think of a good example,"like,chocolate and bacon," he finished. eww."or glee club and football!""exactly, but you've proven that it is a great combination, so," mr schue said handing out sheet music. "here is my personal favorite song and your homework for the week is to find an unexpected mash-up to go with it!" he said happily but everyone looked slightly skeptical. "bust a move?" kurt said. "yeah, this song is old school," santana said and delilah tried her best not to look at the girl, scared she would break down into tears from simply looking at her. "delilah, do you think you could sin-" mr schue started but the girl was already halfway out of the door.

"lilah, i don't think we can do this anymore, my reputation," santana sighed, her heart breaking at the fragile girl crying in the school bathroom. "san, i need my best friend here for me, i don't need someone who i make out with when movies are playing, as much as i love it, i need you here," delilah spoke, her breathe hitching as she tried to breathe. "quinn, you can have quinn," she said, trying to shake the guilt away of what she was about to say. she was santana fucking lopez, the cold bitch who didn't give a fuck about other people's feelings, she wasn't someone who cared. "but you understand san, is you reputation that important, you'd rather lose me?" delilah asked, trying to collect herself. "delilah, i think it's best if we spend some time apart, i can't have people, you know," santana said, double checking that quinn was walking down the corridor, not having the heart to leave the girl completely alone. "san, please, what these people think of you wont matter in three years," delilah sobbed. "sorry," santana said, exiting the bathroom.

"come on, it's okay, you're gonna be okay, you've got me," quinn said, hugging the girl. she was there for quinn when she was bullied in her old school, now it was her turn. "sleepover at mine," she said, it wasn't a question - she was going to make delilah have the best night of her life, she needed a reason to smile after what happened this week.