one. zero six

SEASON ONE | EPISODE SIX

delilah sighed, annoyed at the choir room making too much noise as she was trying to watch a video on youtube about a panda. "five, six, seven, eight, step, turn, out, in, ball-change, step ball-change step, you, you, you, you and ba-ba-ba. turn," mr schue yelled as some people did the choreography they were trying to do.

"come on, guys, you're sleepwalking on me here,give me some energy," he yelled as delilah got closer to kurt, changing the video over to a grape stomping one. "we've got sectionals in two-" he started before mercedes interrupted him. "please, sectionals is going to be a breeze," she said, smiling. most of the glee club shared this view, thinking sectionals would be easy.

"maybe so," he said as delilah's eyes wandered over to an certain latina who was sat by brittany, with an almost annoyed look. "but if we coast through sectionals, we're gonna get killed at regionals," mr schue continued, as she glanced back to the video and tried to hold in giggles at the funnier parts. "we have got to be on our game," he said but the pair couldn't keep their laughter in.

"sorry, funny youtube, it's the grape stomping one," kurt answered mr schue's disapproving look as delilah looked down, guiltily. will sighed and walked over to the whiteboard, pinning pictures onto the whiteboard and turning his attention back to the glee club. delilah found herself in quinn's arms, being slightly embarrassed about being so loud.

"every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right, but they used competing with each other to make themselves even better," he explained to the glee club.

"i don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool," kurt said. "what if it shocks the swimming pool so it breaks so then they make it with a house so then the swimming pool will be safe," delilah suggested, very quietly. "i like safe swimming pools, sometime when i go under the water though, i forget to breathe," she said, causing the cheerios to look at her, concerned.

"just go with it,you guys have become complacent," mr schue sighed. "you were great at the invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through sectionals,okay, split up." he says and everyone gets up. "guys on the left side, girls on the right side," he said as everyone went to different sides of the room, kurt following the girls.

"kurt," he sighs, as he moved back to sit on the girls side. "here's the deal, two teams. boys versus girls, one week from today, you will each perform a mash-up of your choice," he said and some of them had confused looks. delilah grabbed santana's hand, suddenly feeling uncomfortable but she wasn't sure why.

"what's a mash-up?" puck asked, but for delilah it was like he screamed it, she squeezed santana's hand and looked up nervously, her face going pale as if she had seen a ghost. "lilah, you okay babe," santana whispered but it was like delilah's throat had tightened, she couldn't breathe, let alone talk.

"a mash-up is when you take two songs and mash them together to make an even richer explosion of musical expression,boys will perform on tuesday, girls the next day," he said. " i want you guys to go all out, okay, costumes, choreography," he continued but rachel look sort of annoyed at the whole thing. "whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number that we do for sectionals," he said.

"wait, who's going to be the judge? your gender makes you biased," she said and delilah knew what was coming next, she had been in this situation before, the dry throat, racing heart and sick stomach was too familiar.

"there is going to be a celebrity judge," he said but rachel still didn't look satisfied. "mr schue, it's not fair that we have to have delilah, she doesn't do anything and will drag us down," she said, glaring at delilah, who was already not in a good place.

"q..quinn," she stammered, needing to get out of the crowded choir room and somewhere quiet, knowing sanata was about to go 'all lima heights' as she put it. "listen, berry, just because delilah doesn't like to waste her breathe on you doesn't mean she couldn't sing circles around you," she said, spitting every word before grabbing rachel's shirt and pinning her against the wall, shouting all sorts of insults in spanish and english.