Pretty Rich Boys

By grraciie_

Kara Wynters is not rich. But lucky for her, she is a musical prodigy. By the age of six, she could play mor... More

P R E F A C E
C H A R A C T E R S
A E S T H E T I C S
part i.
part ii.
part iii.
part iv.
part v.
part vi.
part vii.
part viii.
part ix.
part x.
part xi.
part xii.
part xiii.
part xiv.
part xvi.
part xvii.
pat xviii.
part xix.
part xx.
part xxi.
part xxii.
part xxiii.
part xxiv.
part xxv.
part xxvi.
part xxvii.

part xv.

78K 2.8K 7.7K
By grraciie_

"Go Sebby!" Auggie shouts as he jumps out of chair and clapping his hand heavily. Sebastian rides past on his dark horse and flashes a smile in our direction. Auggie whistles and points at his friend, "I love you!" 

I can't help but laugh at him as Auggie continues to clap. I glance to my side at Quinn who was focused on the game playing in front of us. So far, the team in white were winning by a couple points. 

And I'm not saying that it's because of Scott...but that's exactly what I'm saying. 

He was so amazing at the sport and it was sending my indecisive-ass crazy because I couldn't pick who to cheer for. I just sat and clapped when either team scored, too busy staring at all the handsome guys on the field than actually paying attention to the game. 

I mean, priorities right?

"Man, I love this sport." Auggie sighs as he sits back down his chair with a happy smile on his face, "I was definetly louder than those girls, right?"

I glance a few tables over from us which was occupied by a handful of beautifully dressed young females. They were all screaming the names of either Sebastian or Scott, desperately attempting to get their attention. 

I'm pretty sure one fainted when Scott rode past a couple minutes ago. 

"Oh yeah." I nod with a cheeky wink as Auggie pumps his fist through the air. Gen rolls her eyes at her brother before resting her head against my shoulder. She was like my personal teddy-bear. 

We continue to watch the game in front of us. I could barely hear the commentators over all the shrieking going on around us. I mean, I give them points for effort but the only thing their gaining here is  laryngitis. 

Suddenly, two horses collide amongst the chaos and one of the navy players fall to the ground. Gen and I jump in fright as everyone slows down. A couple of players including Sebastian get off their horses to check on their teammate. It was a pretty nasty fall. 

"Sebastian is just so kind." I hear a girl sigh in awe, "Look at him helping his teammate up." 

I roll my eyes and turn around before I could stop myself, "Do you even see the other players helping? It's not just him, calm down." 

The girl and the rest of her family stare at me with wide eyes. I quickly turn back around, slightly embarrassed that I had snapped at them like that. It wasn't even half time and I was sick and tired of all this doting on the same two boys. 

It's as if they were the only players on the field. I mean, sure, they were the best two players out there but the other guys were trying their best two. I felt bad for them. 

"Wait," I say when my eyes land on another guy running across the field towards the umpires, "Quinn, who's that?" 

"Who?" Quinn says and I point forward, "Oh, he's the third man. The umpires obviously can't decide whether to foul the white team or not. It's kinda like a stalemate in chess." 

I blink at him in silence. Then, I frown slightly and ask,  "Did you say cheese?" 

"Chess, Kara." Quinn laughs at me as he folds his arms across his chest, "Are you always thinking about food?" 

"Yes." I nod simply, "What else is there to think about?" 

Quinn chuckles quietly to himself before looking back out towards the field. I watch as the umpire blows his whistle and the navy team start clapping. I frown in confusion as I lean forward mindlessly put my hand on Quinn's bicep to balance myself.

"What does that mean?" I ask as I see Quinn's head turn to look at me in my peripheral vision. My gaze moves from the umpires to his head to see him staring down at my hand. I blink at him, "Hello? Polo-wizard, I'm still lost here." 

"Oh—uh—" Quinn buffers as he swallows, "The navy team were just awarded a penalty foul." 

"Cool." I smile up at him before settling back in my chair, waiting for the game to continue. Quinn clears his throat as he turns in his chair so his back was facing me. Weirdo. 

Sebastian was the one to take the shot at goal. And of course, he scores it with ease. Everyone rises to their feet except out table—well, our table sans one. Auggie was jumping up in the air while clapping his hands. 

"That's my beautiful son!" Auggie shouts excitedly as we all laugh at him. Gen was shaking her head as she places both her hands over her face in embarrassment. I giggle at her as I wrap my arms around her shoulders and squeeze her gently.

The teams continue to play through the game and we continue to watch. I had gotten use to the trembling ground by now—that is after I had a massive panic attack because I thought there was an earthquake. Not my finest moment, I must admit. 

I watch as one of the boys in the white hits the ball along the edge of the field. He looked familiar and I'm guessing he goes to Briarwood as well. I'm not the best at names but I'm super good at recognising faces. 

He hits it into goal and scores but no one cheers for him. Well, not in the way they did for Sebastian or Scott. 

So I stand out of my seat and start cheering for him. 

"Woohoo! Yeah! Go you!" I shout while bouncing up and down on the grass in bare feet and clapping my hands excitedly. People were staring at me but I didn't care. They were probably offended that I wasn't cheering for their knights in shining army. 

He rides past me with a soft smile and I give him two thumbs up. I then sigh as I sit back down in my chair. I lazily gaze around, noticing Auggie, Gen and Quinn were all staring at me with shocked expression. 

"Kara, who is that guy?" Auggie asks as he thrusts a thumb in the direction of the boy. 

I shrug with a large, cheesy grin, "I have no fucking clue." 

They all chuckle at me before we go back to watching the match in silence. I noticed Scott and Sebastian started playing a bit more for themselves rather than their teams. They were becoming more dominant over the game than anyone else. 

Eventually, the umpires blow the whistle to signal halftime. The polo players take their horses to the grooms as people start to get out of their chairs and walks onto the field. 

"Yay, it's my favourite part of the match!" Auggie exclaims as he explodes out of his chair and leaps over the flag bunting. 

"Augustus, get your ass back here. You're going to embarrass me!" Gen huffs as she too stand and marches angrily after her brother. I glance around, lost and confused as to why everyone was walking out onto the field. 

"Divot stomping." Quinn explains as I glance at him with wide eyes, "It's a polo tradition. The crowds go onto the field and put all the uprooted grass patches back into the ground." 

"Oh, that sounds like fun!" I say as I stand from my chair to follow after Gen and Auggie. But suddenly, Quinn grabs onto my wrist and I stare down at him, "Yes Quinn, that is my wrist. Good job." 

I go to walk off again but Quinn tightens his grip, "No, you...you can't go." 

"...Why?" I ask as I narrow my eyes in suspicion. 

"Uh, Sebastian and Scott and told me to keep you at the table during the divot stomping." Quinn explains as I sit back down in my seat. His grip loosens on my wrist, "They said you have to stay here." 

I glance out towards the field, wondering why the hell I wasn't allowed to go. I notice all the finely dressed young men around my age walking around and I realised something. 

They don't want me embarrassing them in front of their friends. 

Well, fuck them then. 

"Okay, I'll stay here." I nod with a small smile. Quinn returns a more thankful grin as he let's go of my wrist and turns back to the staring at the field. 

The second his eyes were off me, I was leaping from my chair and hopping over the flag bunting. 

"Shit! Kara!" Quinn shouts behind me as I pick up the front of my dress and run out onto the field. My heels were still sitting under the table so my bare feet pounding along the soft grass. 

I slap my hand on top of my head to keep my hat on. Glancing over my shoulder, I see Quinn chasing after me and it sends adrenaline through me. I weave in and out of the people, trying to avade him. 

I spin around as Quinn catches up to me. I move left to right as he does the same, ready to catch me as I moved. 

"Why are you doing this?" Quinn asks as he glances around to see people staring at them. He was worried about what they were thinking and what they were saying. I, quite frankly, couldn't give a flying shit. 

"You need to have fun, Quinn." I tell him as Quinn's eyes meet mine. I then run forward and tap his shoulder, "Tag, you're it." 

I then take off running around all the people. I glance over my shoulder again and laugh wildly when I see Quinn chasing after me with a bright smile of his own. Good, he needed to let go of who he was pretending to be and just be a goddamn kid for a second. 

"And look at these two, enjoying their own game of tag during the halftime!" The commentator announces over the speaker system. He chuckles through his microphone,  "Oh to be young again." 

I squeal loudly as I run around a person, only to be caught by someone's arm. I stumble over my feet but he catches me with ease. I grip onto his arm while staring up at him. 

Quinn smirks down at me, "You're it." 

He then takes off running. I can't help but laugh before putting one foot after the other and sprint after him. 

My feet were going to be so dirty after this but I was having too much fun to care.  

✤ ✤ ✤ ✤

"You're all sweaty." Gen pouts as she wipes my face with the white napkin, "This is all Quinn's fault." 

She glares over my shoulder at Quinn who sat on the other side of me, gulping down at glass of water. 

"I'm the one who suggested we play tag." I smile at her as she continues to wipe my neck. I glance across the table at Auggie who was wiping the arms off his own tan suit jacket. 

"At least you're not the one who fell and almost ate literal horse shit." Auggie scoffs and I giggle at him in return. Half way through our game of tag, we ran into Auggie who decided to play as well. 

There was no surprise there, Auggie was too in tune with his inner child. He basically is the inner child.  

"Did you have fun though?" I ask as Auggie's frown instantly turns into a bright grin and he nods. I then tilt my face slightly so I was staring at Quinn over my shoulder, "What about you Quinn?" 

"I...uh...yeah." Quinn nods as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. He then smiles softly at me, "Yeah, I did." 

"See? It's not hard to have fun even if it's just for a little bit." I explain with open arms as Gen forces my head back to face her and continues to wipe my skin down. She was so cute when she was worrying over me like this. 

After we were all cooled down, we begin watching the match that had resumed once more. I couldn't take my eyes off of Scott and Sebastian. They played more and more for themselves and usually that's the downfall of a team, but that wasn't the case with them. 

Eventually, the navy team caught up and they were in a tie. Scott would score and then Sebastian would score. I could see their teammates were getting a little annoyed at them because they were basically hogging the ball. 

At one point, Scott ends up hitting the ball a little too hard and it flies into our tent. It lands in an old lady's bowl of soup and the yellow-green liquid splashes up onto her and the woman surrounding her. 

While everyone stares at her in shock, I couldn't stop myself from bursting out into laughter. I was sliding down my chair and wrapped my arms around my stomach as I continued to giggle relentlessly. 

I was laughing so much that I had caused Gen to start laughing uncontrollably as well. We collapse on each other, causing our heads to collide which in turn humours us even more. 

Through my watery eyes, I could see Scott sitting on top of his horse. He had obviously come over to here to make sure everyone was alright, but he was just staring at me with a fond smile on his face. 

He then chuckles to himself and pulls on the leather reins to turn his horse around. 

After Gen and I had cooled down and apologised for laughing so much, we watch the rest of the match with small, amused smiles on our faces. It felt really nice to have a friend that was a girl. Even though she was younger than me, we were still so similiar. 

The commentators were getting more rowdy as the clocks wound down. So were the people around the field, in our tent and in the other huge white tents. They had all paid huge amounts to be here and they were obviously getting their money's worth. 

Sebastian scores again and the whole crowd erupts. I had to block my ears from all the squealing that surrounded us. Gen places her hands on top of mine and I give her a thankful smile. She must be use to this considering she was a Fitzwilliam. 

When the squealing had calmed down, Sebastian trots past with a cocky smirk. It was obviously the end of the chukka which Quinn had informed me was similiar to rounds in polo. Thank god for Quinn because I would be so damn lost here. 

Auggie was absolutely no help at all. Everytime I asked him he always told me to 'look at the pretty ponies'. He was too adorable for his own good. 

Sebastian probably felt like a god sitting a top the impressive black stallion.And I mean, he looked every bit a god up there.  I couldn't help but scoff and roll my eyes at him. 

"You cheer for another but not me? You wound me, Kara." Sebastian tells me as he stops in front of our table with a gloved hand to his chest. I didn't realised he had seen me cheering for that boy. 

"Oh don't worry you'll get over it, Sebastian." I smirk at him as I fold my arms over my chest, "You're playing okay though." 

He laughs, "Just okay?" 

"Sebastian! I think you're playing incredible!" One girl exclaims as she waves her hand at him. I felt sorry for her, being so desperate for someone who wouldn't even remember her name after tonight. 

Another girl sticks her hand in the air, "Yeah, me too!" 

"Thank you, ladies. I hope you're enjoying the match?" Sebastian asks as he places his fake smile on his lips while staring at them. His fake smile was just as handsome as his normal one, but there was a certain warmth missing. 

"Yes, I am!" The surrounding girls shriek in a chorus of high octaves and sounds similiar the tune of ugly baby birds begging for worms. I cringe as my ears pick up on the strained, ear-piercing notes of their voices. 

"That's good," Sebastian nods as he adjusts his grip on the reins as the horse moves back and forth, obviously bored with everything. "How about I score the next goal for you, Kara? Will that make you cheer for me?" 

I smile with a small sigh, "...Nope." 

"Score it for me, Sebby!" Auggie sticks his arm up, "I'll rip my shirt off to cheer for you and slide over the field like a motherfucking penguin!" 

"Thank you, Auggie." Sebastian chuckles as he turns his gaze back to me, "I—" 

Suddenly, Sebastian and his horse and pushed forward by someone else walking past on their horse. 

"Get off the field if you're not going to play." Scott grumbles as he trots off back to his side of the field. Sebastian glares after him as the air turns awkward and silent around us. 

He turns back to me and I give him a small, sorry smile. I felt bad for the both of them, they obviously hadn't talked yet and both of them were hurting; that much was clear. 

Sebastian nods before turning his horse away and gallops across the field. 

"What...the hell was that!" Gen exclaims as she slaps Auggie on the arm, "You are not a penguin." 

"But I could've been." Auggie challenges as he glares back as his sister, "I could've been on the cover of Polo Weekly." 

"If I ever see you on that cover I will murder you so damn hard, Augustus." Gen threatens as she points a stern finger at him. I can't help but giggle at their sibling rivalry as I glance back at Quinn. 

He was staring at me as if trying to solve a puzzle or something. 

"I'm not a Rubik's cube, Quinn." I chuckle as I tilt my head to the side, "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing." Quinn clears his throat as he folds his arm and stares back out over the field. 

I roll my eyes as his mysteriousness and settle back in my set. The match continues on with Seb and Scott getting more angrier with their hits and the way they were basically slamming into the other players. 

Gen puts her arms over my shoulders and I lean back against her chest, a little more comfortable than the back of the white chair. We laugh as Sebastian and Scott accidentally run into each other but our laughing sobers up when we see both of them hop off their horses. 

Everyone went silent until the only sound was distant chatter and the horses on the field. 

"You got something to say to me, Sebastian?" Scott seethes as he walks up to Sebastian. He was taller than him but not by much.

"Hey, you fucking ran into me." Sebastian challenges as they suddenly get really close. It was literally a stand off between two alphas, their faces were extremely close as they glared at each other. 

The umpires were blowing there whistles as they ran over to him. 

"Always making excuses, aren't you?" Scott scoffs as he shoves Sebastian's chest. 

"Fuck you, Scott." Sebastian shouts as he pushes back. Both of them grab onto each other's chest as their teammates rush over and try to split them up. Soon there was a huge crowd in the middle of the field, trying to break them up. 

"Here we go again." Quinn sighs beside me as he runs a hand through his head. He glances across the table, "You alright, Auggie?" 

"I'm so sick of this." Auggie sighs as he stares at me, "They're not always like this Kara." 

"It's fine, Auggie. Seb told me what happened between them." I smile as both Quinn and Auggie's eyes widen in shock. I chuckle at them, "What? You're acting like it was impossible?" 

"Ah, because it is. Seb barely tells anyone. I'm pretty sure we're the only other two who know." Auggie explains as he flicks a finger between himself Quinn. 

"Well, now you've got one more person to sit with in the awkward silence when those two fight." I give Auggie a small soft smile which he returns. 

Then, Gen's chest rumbles beneath my head, "Wait—what happened between them?" 

Quinn, Auggie and I all widened our eyes as we thought the same thing; oh shit. 

there were a couple cute moments in this as well as scott and seb getting into a fight

who do you think would win in a fight between them if there was no one to seperate them

oh fuck, that sounds like i'm condoning violence or something

also, our kara is a little blind and innocent but remember she's never had friends before let along friends that are guys

anyway, let me know what you thought!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 66 17
They never tell you what to do when five girls from your school go missing. They never tell you what to do when you witness them getting murdered in...
11.2K 325 53
He is wealthy and she is poor, As children, he would always bully and mock her in front of her friends and schoolmates because she was fat, a nerd a...
380 10 9
Isabella Van Doren, a 17-year-old attending public school, receives a scholarship for her senior year at the esteemed Vanguard Academy. Despite her f...
127K 5.4K 24
โMysterious," he hummed in amusement. "I like it. Are you new then, mystery girl?โž - High school is like a game of chess. You have to gamble the move...