Hidden Under the Moon [Stiles...

By KarenAKAMint

Book 1 - Seasons 1 and 2 of Teen Wolf All right of Teen wolf belongs to Jeff Davis, but anything revolving ar... More

Season One
Prologue
Body Hunting
The New Girl
The Truth is Out
All for You
Official
Hostage
Werewolf Oven
Hangout
First Date
Mother's Boyfriend
Magic Bullet
Movie Crashers
Man of my Dreams
Mountain Lion
Argent History
It's Her
Blood
Night School Pt. 1
Night School Pt. 2
The Nightmare
Brat Under the Moon
The Beta
The Necklace
My Father
Awful Nightmare
First Fight
Dresses
Bloody Formal
Season Two
Beacon
Stalked by Hunters
Werewolf Ex
Immune
Connection
Scout
The Reptilian
Insane
Kanima
Testing Patients
Jackson
Not Gay
The Barnett History
The Lela Name
Future
Restraining Order
Restrained
Arguments & Theories
Life and Death
Connecting the Dots
Be the Spark
Pictures
I'll Show You Fun
Drink of Nightmares
Proof
Fury
Let's Play a Game
Master Plan
Epilogue
Book Two! Soon....
Book 2 is out!
10K Special!

Independence Day

193 4 0
By KarenAKAMint

Chapter 55

"You know," I spoke up as I laid in the hospital bed, staring holes on the plain white ceiling, "I'm starting to hate being your daughter..."

"What does that even mean?" Jessica asked as she let out a laugh from the sudden comment.

I lifted my hands and waved it about the room and them motioning to myself, "All of this! If you weren't a doctor, you would just have me in the house, with the simple claim of me being sick..."

"Too many witnesses," Jessica sighed, "If Gerard never came to the station, I might have just taken you home and kept you there, but then there is the fact that Noah and Melissa were also there."

"Maybe I should just stop pretending to be human and just accept what I am," I told her, looking over to her, "I think it would have saved us from all of this drama."

"It would only look bad for us," Jessica answered back.

"Us or the family name?" I threw back, "I mean, we shouldn't have to worry about what anyone thinks. You fell in love with a werewolf with an addiction to power. You shouldn't be shames for that. Hell, you wouldn't be the first Barnett to do so."

"You have always had such a carefree feel to it all," my mother smiled over to me, "That's what I take pride in you having."

I smiled back.

The door opened to reveal a smiling Stiles popping his head in, "Hey."

"Stiles!" I smiled, cheering for him, "What are you doing here?"

"Scott and I were allowed to go home early after out session with Ms. Morrell," Stiles replied, "Has she seen you yet?"

I shook my head, "No, not yet. I'm not saying a thing to her. There's really nothing to say. Matt held us captive, obviously tried to kill us all. I was placed in the hospital because of his. Not to mention the fact that he really was a stalker who had a picture of me all over his bedroom walls. He literally told me that to my face and I was too shocked to even take it seriously!"

"When did he tell you that?" Stiles asked, shocked at the sudden news, "Why didn't you tell me about it?"

"It was at the party, he asked to explain himself with the weird pictures Allison found on his camera," I told him, "I didn't tell you because we rushed to your dad soon after all of that."

Stiles took a seat at the edge of my bed as he took my hands in his, "I'm sorry you keep getting the worse end off all of these things."

"Thanks," I smiled at him, "It's not something we could help with."

"I'll leave you two to talk," my mother smiled over to us, "I have to meet someone."

"Who?" Stiles and I both asked, turning toward her as she reached for the door.

Jessica gave us a confused look before she replied, "I'm going to meet with an old friend. Someone that knows about all of this. They might be able to help with the sudden change of master."

We both nodded, but before she was able to go I called out to her, "Can you make sure Mel is okay? She's not talking to either me or Scoot after what happened..."

"I'm trying," Jessica sighed, "She thinks I'm a werewolf as well. I think time will help her get her thoughts together."

"Alright," I sighed.

Stiles took my hand as he tried to soothe my nerves from all of this. The shot of electricity was enough to send a smile and warm feeling throughout my body. After everything that happened at the station, I felt oddly connected to Stiles. I had started to hear faint words like I was able to hear his thoughts in a way. Like now, I could make out the word drowning.

"Hey," I nudged him, my face in a worried frown, "What happened with Ms. Morrell?"

"We just talked about Matt and what happened at the station," he sighed, "Not to mention that she told us that Matt was found dead by the river. He drowned to death."

"Yeah," I sighed, "My mom mentioned that yesterday. So, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm getting there," Stiles offered me a smile, "I'm a bit shaken from all of this. I'm just happy that my dad got his job back."

"That's great," I beamed.

"So how long are you staying at the hospital, this time around?" Stiles asked looking at the white bandage wrapped around my head.

"I should be out on Wednesday," I answered him, "So, I'll be at the championship game. Cheering you on."

Stiles smiled shyly as he took my hand, "Thanks, even though I don't play."

"I'm your number one fan, Stiles," I grinned, "Player or no, you are still a part of the team. I am only there for you, maybe Scott, but mainly you."

"Thanks, baby," he smiled kissing my hand, "Are you hungry?"

"Starving," I laughed.

---

Wednesday came and went. I was able to go to school that day. People were looking at me strangely, but I didn't care. They only wanted to see me break under the pressure, but I wasn't going to. I was much stronger then they think. Hell, if I could have been left out of the hospital much sooner, I would have walked these halls and faced all of them. They just kept me in my room to make sure I didn't have any mental break after what happened, but nothing. All because I knew everyone I love is safe and sound.

Lydia had came by to visit me on Monday. It was when the actual news came out to the public. She had been so worried as she tried to ask more questions I had good answerers for them. Once I had calmed her down we talked, making sure to catch up with each other. She seemed a bit off, but I didn't push for why I didn't want her to leave me in the room by myself before Stiles had came by. What I did learn during her visit, is the fact that Allison was different, on top of her not being around school anymore.

That... that was the one thing that I didn't want to hear.

That only meant one thing.

Allison had allowed herself to be controlled by her grandfather.

Allison was now the enemy, I was going to need to fight.

The worse thing is, Gerard was more than likely informed about what I really am because Scott had told her about me.

Now, as I walked the halls, I have been keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Strangely, I haven't seen any of the agents around. That was unnerving, to say the least. It made me be on edge, which only made my session with Ms. Morrell to not go as smooth as I wanted it to go.

"Juliette?"

I jumped a bit from being pulled out of my thoughts by Ms. Morrell. We were in her small office for my after school session. Stiles will be having it tomorrow and Scott has it during the free period today. I had asked to have Stiles with me, but Ms. Morrell had explained it would be best to do it without him so I wouldn't fall back on him.

I get that, I do, but at this moment, the Argents are making my nerves skyrocket.

"Yes?" I looked at her, "Sorry, I was just thinking about everything."

"Tell me what you have been thinking about," she smiled, interlocking her fingers together on top of her desk.

I looked down at her hands but then turned back to look at her fully before answering her questions, "I've been thinking about how everyone is looking at me like I'm weak."

"Like how they looked at Lydia?" Ms. Morrell asked.

I shook my head, "No. They looked at her like she's gone crazy, even though she is far from being crazy. She's the smartest girl in school. Personally, I think she's smarter than you. No. Everyone is looking at me like I'm fragile. This is the third time I miss school from being attacked or injured since this semester started."

"It's only human to be hospitalized after all of that," Ms. Morrell smiled, "What's so bad about it?"

"It's not the human part I'm worried about," I scoffed, crossing my arms, eyeing her strangely, "It's about the idea, that I am doing this to bring attention to myself and away from Lydia. People have always thought I always wanted to take her spotlight when I don't. All the events that have happened to me, I didn't have control over them. The first one was because I was trying to get the wolves away from Lydia. The second was because of some allergic reactions I must have gotten that need me to get a blood transfer. Then the fact that Matt pushed me so hard, my head cracked open from impact."

"What do you think about what happened with Matt?" she threw in.

I looked at her, confused by the connection she got from what I said to her questions.

I shrugged, "Matt was going to hurt my friend. As much as he kept telling me that he wasn't going to hurt me, he ended up doing just that. Matt might have been murdered, because let's be honest, he was terrified by water. He would have never walked anywhere near the river. He might have done horrible things to me and my friends, hell he murdered so many people, but death is never the answer to anything."

Ms. Morrell looked deep into my eyes as she looked for something.

"Tell me about your friends," she smiled, "You seem to be a protector in a way."

"What is there to say?" I told her, "I tend to make sure they are doing well. There is nothing else about it."

"What about Allison?" she tilted her head to the side, "Are you two close?"

"I mean we're friends," I looked at her, clearly confused by the question, "It's hard to say we are close. She dated Scott and she's Lydia's friend. Really she's more of a friend by connections. I wouldn't say we are close. Our family has history that we try not to bring up."

"What about Scott?" she moved on to someone else.

"What about Scott?" I asked back, "Scott and I have been friends since we were in diapers. I see him as my brother. I would protect him to the very end. The same goes for Lydia and Stiles. I would put my life in the line if it means keeping them safe."

"Is that what caused Matt to hurt you?" Ms. Morrell asked, "You kept trying to get in the way?"

"Who cares," I exclaimed, finally tired of her go around questions, "Matt was stalking me. He took pictures of me when I was at home. Pictures at my most vulnerable.  He even took pictures of me with Stiles and went as far as taping his face on Stiles to play whatever fantasy of dating me. Can I go now? I don't need this. I have my own therapist, I don't need to tell you shit."

"Language," Ms. Morrell's smile fell a bit, "I'm trying to help."

"Help me by not asking me stupid questions. You're not going to get anything from me," I snapped, getting my bag and storming out of the office.

I made my way out of the school, raging as I allowed my feet to take me over to Stiles' jeep. He had promised to wait for me, which was amazing that he had after that disaster of a therapy session. I didn't lose a beat as I came up to the passenger door and opened it in a flurry of rage.

"Whoa!" Stiles jumped from the sudden actions.

I didn't apologize as I just got into my seat and closed my door, "Can we just go home now?"

"What happened, babe?" Stiles asked as he started the car, "Why are you so angry?"

"I'm angry at Ms. Morrell and her stupid questions. I would like to just go home and cuddle," I grumbled, "Can we just do that?"

"Of course," Stiles nodded, pulling out of the parking spot, "Do you... do you want to talk about what happened?"

"No..." I sighed, "I just want to end this day."

"We can just cuddle and watch a movie before you go home," Stiles offered.

"Can't I just stay with you tonight?" I asked, "Or we can stay at my place. I just don't want to leave your side. I've been Stiles deprived for too long."

That got a laugh from him, causing me to fade away from my frown, "I guess your place it is."

---

The day of the championships quickly came around. I was at Stiles' place as I watched him get his duffel bag ready for the game. I was wearing his training jersey with his name on it along with a turtle next shirt to fight the slight chill tonight. I was on the phone with Lydia as I waited for Stiles, but when he was done, we said goodbye.

"Ready to go?" Stiles asked me, a grin on his face.

I nodded, "Ready. Let's win championships."

Stiles took my hand in his as we walked out to his car and headed over to the school. When we arrived to the school, I walked around the halls as I waited for the proper time to enter the locker room to listen to Coach's usual Independence Day speech he makes. As I lingered around the locker room, I paused when I noticed Aunt Mel approaching the locker room as well.

"Aunt Mel!" I exclaimed, "You made it!"

"Hi sweetheart," she smiled, "How are you doing?"

"I'm better," I offered, "Ready for the game?"

"I'm nervous for Scott," she offered, "Do you think he'll be okay?"

"I'm sure he'll do well," I smiled back, "He's always been able to find a way around situations thick this."

"So..." Aunt Mel asked You knew about Scott?"

My smile fell a bit before I nodded, "I did. I'm sorry we didn't tell you but I thought it would have been better to not tell anyone."

"I get it," she smiled, "I just worry about him."

"I do as well," I smiled back, "I worry about both my boys."

That got her to laugh.

I nudged her to the locker room as we enter the locker room just as Coach was about to begin his speech. I rushed over to Stiles, as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as I stood behind him. Aunt Mel stood beside me with her arms crossed as she listened to Coach.

"Good morning," Coach began, "In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind."

"What?" Melissa asked, clearly confused by all of this.

"Mankind," Coach continued without missing a beat, "That word should have new meaning for all of us today."

"What the hell is he talking about?" Melissa asked us.

Stiles, without looking away from the coach, he answered, "He does this every year."

"Seriously?" Melissa asked, shocked at the thought.

"Yup," I answered, popping my p, "One of the reasons I like coming to the locker room for a major game."

"What's the other reason?" Stiles asked, glancing up at me.

"You," I smiled down at him.

That got him grinning, but we both looked back to Coach.

Coach continued, "We are fighting for our right to live."

The room erupted with screams from the players.

"What is this?" Melissa asked me.

I laughed a bit, "Yeah, it's the speech from Independence Day."

"But as the day the world declared in one voice - " Coach continued while we spoke to each other.

"It's Coach's favorite movie," Stiles offered.

"We will not go quiet into the night!" Coach exclaimed into the megaphone.

"He doesn't know any sports speeches?" Melissa asked, confused.

Stiles and I both shrugged as I replied with, "I don't think he cares."

"Today we celebrate our Independence Day!" The coach finished his speech.

The room erupted with the shouts from the players, including my own. That earned Stiles and a few players look over to me, confused by what I did. I shrugged as Coach winked and gave a thumbs up. I wasn't Coach's favorite for nothing.

"Well spoken, coach," Gerard announced, causing my smile to falter, "I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan. So don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."

"You heard the man," Coach started calmly, "Asses on the field!"

Stiles stood up from his seat on the bench as he turned to me. He gave me a quick kiss on my lips before he rushed out to the field with the rest of the players. I turned to Melissa and began to guide her out of the locker room. When I looked over my shoulder, I noticed Gerard looking over at us, but I just glared at him before turning back forward.

"I hate him."

I glanced over to Melissa as I asked her, "What do you mean?"

"Gerard," Melissa commented, "I don't like that guy..."

"Did he do something to you?" I asked, getting angry at the thought.

"He's trying to use me to get to Scott," she stated, causing me to boil in rage, "Whatever is happening, he's not going to stop until he gets what he wants."

"Don't worry," I offered her reassurance, "I'll make sure he doesn't do anything to him or anyone at that matter."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 44 12
Much of Season 2 revolves around new Alpha Derek's attempt to form a new pack. Lydia's remarkable recovery from the Peter Hale attack comes with side...
404K 10.9K 49
Carver Williams isn't scared of many things. One of those fears, however, she didn't think were true. The mere thought of werewolves and the supernat...
276 22 7
Carmen McCall had never taken interest in whatever idiotic shenanigans her adoptive brother and his best friend got pulled into, until she notices th...
2.5K 71 12
Scott McCall is bitten by The Alpha and turns into a werewolf. He then must learn how to balance being a werewolf with his normal life, including his...