The Mafia's Weakness

By volleyball238

Ruby O'Brian was born into this world of guns and war. After being away at school she comes back to some News... More

Simply Business
Hey
Puppy
All Mine
Delete my number
I win
Never far away
Family first
Dancing with the devil
The one
Date night
Sorry
Weakness
Tell all
Keep walking
Together for life
No more drinking
Honeymoon
Going bad
Don' let go
Birthday party
Boys will be boys
Miss you
Back where you belong
Kids!
Mafia after all
Rat
Keep watch
Do what you got to do
Find them
Stand together
Eyes open
Asking for help
The pain
How would you feel
The name lives on
Family is family
Author here!!
Author here!!!
Last one

One of the family

124K 3.3K 734
By volleyball238

I pushed the door open fast and slammed it on his face as I ran up the stairs to our room which I'll be leaving shortly because I'm not sleeping with him.

I grabbed a few things and and put them in a bag before going down the hall to another room.

Getting changed made me realize that I was truly alone and the events of tonight played over in my head.

Eric's kiss wasn't like how I thought it would be. I felt nothing. For years I thought I would feel butterflies and be over the moon when he first kissed me. But I felt nothing with him. There was no electricity like I got with Colton. No matter how much of an ass he was I felt something with him.

Laying in bed wasn't working. I kept moving around trying to get comfortable but it wasn't happening.

I got up and walked over to the balcony to go outside.

Why did I feel something with Colton. It's like no matter how hard I try this ass hat still found a way for me to like him. He found away to be in my mind and stay there till I could be with him.

But he was a cold heartless man who couldn't be loved. And I was married to him.

I looked down at the ring he gave me and ripped it off my finger. It took everything in me not to drop it off the balcony. I resorted to dropping it on my dresser as I walked back in to grab a book from the shelf beside the dresser.

Even that couldn't put me to sleep. I stayed up for the rest of the night into the day laying in bed not wanting to move. I felt broken and empty and hurt. I didn't want to move.

The next few days it was the same. I would only get out of bed to get a shower or to use the bathroom. Axle and Red would bring me in food when I needed it. I really wouldn't eat though. I didn't feel like it.

On the 5th day Red and Axle both came in. That was today.

It was mid afternoon when they busted the door open.

"Come on vampira we need you up and moving around!" Axle called as he made his way over to me.

"I'm not in the mood." I said softly as I turned away from them both.

"Come on my brother brought you some good food over! He got you chick fil a!" Now that got my attention. I had told Red once that I would do anything for this food.

Red placed the bag down right in front of me and it was like I had a new found energy.

"Quinn brought it over while he went to a meeting with Colton."

I sat up taking the bag and digging through the bag.

"What does your whole family work for him or something?" I asked as I put a fri in my mouth. Axle tried to take one from the bag but I moved away from him holding the bag closer to my chest.

"Something like that. My dad was his dads right hand man before he got shot saving my mom."

"I'm so sorry." I said feeling like an ass. I had let go of the bag a little giving Axle the time to steal some fries from me.

I snapped back to him hitting him on the upside of the head before I turned back to Red.

"It's ok." She smiled a small smile remembering him. "Now me and Quinn work with Colton because of all his dad did for us and for what Colton does for us as well. He pays for our mother's treatment and gives us safety."

"Your mothers treatment?"

"She has cancer." She said plopping down on the bed next to me.

"Wow way to make the girl happy again." Axle laughed as he laid back putting a pillow under his head.

"Well it's getting her to talk."

I had almost forgot I haven't really talked to anyone in a few days.

"Why don't we watch some movies? Sure that will make us all feel better." Axle said as he picked up the remote to turn the tv on.

Somehow after one movie we were all out like a light. Reds head was on my leg as she slept and my head and half my body was on top of Axles. I woke up when I head the sound of screaming. We had watched some scary movie that I wasn't to keen with. I grabbed the remote turning the tv off.

"Ahh my back." Red cried as she sat up cracking her back.

"Your back...what about my leg." I laughed looking down at the red mark she left behind. And my leg felt really numb now.

"Will both of you kindly shut the hell up." Axle hissed as he pulled the pillow over his head.

"Come on." Red hit his stomach making him jump up in pain. "We got to go do some work."

Red grabbed the empty bag of food as she made her way out.

"Hey Axle." I called as he got up off the bed. He turned back around to face me.

"How has Colton been?" Even if I was mad I couldn't help myself not to ask.

"Hell." That didn't make me happy hearing that.

"He drinks every night now which wasn't like him. He has dinner and then goes to his office till the next morning."

I looked down at the sheets feeling a pin on my heart. He wasn't doing good and I couldn't help but feel guilty. But he hurt me in so many ways that I don't think I can be ok.

"Can I ask you...what happened that made you two hate each other and not talk? Me and Red watched you come home a few nights ago and pack a bag to move into here. You don't wear your wedding ring anymore either."

I looked down at my had that felt empty with out the ring. It was weird.

"He thought I was cheating on him." I laughed dryly getting up to get ready for my shower.

"He saw me escaping a room with this guy and accused me of cheating on him while I wore that ring."

Axle straighten up a little as I continued.

"I mean how am I supposed to be with him when he can't even trust me. I try Axle! I have tried so damn hard but it's like something is keeping him from opening up to me and stop treating me like I'll...I'll break him."

"Ruby..."

"No Axle! I mean I wanted to work things out with us but he didn't see that. He told me that it was best that I hate him! Will he got his wish!" I started to cry. Tears fell down my eyes as I went off. I hadn't talked in days so this was a new found wind.

"Ruby." Axle started to come to me but I wasn't finished.

"No! And even through this all I still can't help to ask if he's ok because I can't stop caring about him."

Axle grabbed me and pulled me in for a hug as I broke down crying in his arms. We stayed like that for a while till he pulled away and sat me down on the bed.

"He never told you?" He asked keeping his eyes locked on mine. I shook my head not knowing what he was talking about.

Axle got up rubbing the back of his neck as he passed back and forth.

"Few years back Colton had this girlfriend. He had been trying to give you your space and even see if he could find someone his age...you are young." I chuckled remembering that Colton was 6 years older then me.

"Anyway they were the perfect couple. We all thought that maybe he had finally gotten over you and was going to settle down with this girl. Then one day Colton came home and found her in their bed with his best friend." My jaw dropped as I head what he had said.

"Colton does trust you Ruby...it's just taking a little more time for him to fully trust you. He doesn't want to get hurt again and does a really good job at hiding it. Well I guess that helped clear some things up.

"He also wants to protect you Ruby." I looked back to axle as he continued.

"You being to close to him could get you hurt and once again he's stubborn and doesn't want that so he pushes people away." He chuckled shacking his head.

"You seem to know a lot about him."

"I should. He's my stepbrother." My jaw almost hit the floor when he said that.

"Mr. Salvatore had a wife way before the new Mrs. Salvatore." He laughed.

"Wow this is all just crazy now."

"Yeah well someone has to get you ready for the crazy family. Welcome." He put his hands in his pockets before he walked off leaving me to my own thoughts.

I walked over to the ring on the desk and picked it up and examined it a little before putting it back on my finger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4.2K 48
Kai Parker, a 27 year old mafia king. He never had things the easy way. But in the end, he always gets what he wants. Rose, separated from her parent...
376K 11.9K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
630K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
48.9K 844 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...