The boy who was given up

By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

Harry Potter, a young wizard thrust into a world of death, evil and lies. In order to navigate through the fo... More

Chapter One: The Night Of Terror
Chapter two: The incident
Chapter three: Diagon Alley
Chapter four: Welcome to the gang
Chapter five: Sorting
Chapter six: Class and confrontations
Chapter seven: The boggart and flying
Chapter eight: Weekends, God fathers and the strange man...
Chapter nine: New information, who is this dude?
Chapter ten: A disastrous end to year one...
Chapter eleven: Coming home and starting again
Chapter twelve: God fathers
Chapter thirteen: Parties and sleep overs
Chapter fourteen: The zoo
Chapter fifteen: Back to school
Chapter sixteen: First day detentions!?
Chapter seventeen: The voice
Chapter eighteen: McGonagall and Dueling classes.
Chapter nineteen: The diary...
Chapter twenty: Answers and secrets
Chapter Twenty-one: Stopping the basilisk and rage...
Chapter twenty- two: Inheritance...
Chapter twenty-three: Gringotts...
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training
Chapter twenty-five: Mastering and the holidays
Chapter twenty-six: Year three and secondary responses
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The inheritance...
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The scolding and the "incident"
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Memories
Chapter Thirty: Questions and TEA...
Chapter Thirty-One: The first date
Chapter Thirty-Two: Hostage
Chapter Thirty-Three: The new era
Chapter Thirty-Four: Christmas Special
Chapter Thirty Five: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty Six: The Triwizard tournament announcement
Chapter Thirty Seven: The silent war
Chapter Thirty-Eight: DADA? I think not
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Sleep Over Part One
Chapter Forty: The Sleepover Part Two
Chapter Forty-One: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Feeling light-headed?
Chapter Forty-Four: The Shadowland
Chapter Forty-Five: And the Champion is...
Chapter Forty-Six: Too Much
Chapter Forty-Seven: Getting out of it?
Chapter Forty-Eight: Helping Harry
Chapter Forty-Nine: The First Task
Chapter Fifty-One: The Garden
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Second Task
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Annoying Beetle
Chapter Fifty-Four: Ballroom dancing
Chapter Fifty-Five: Is that a promise?
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Final Task Part One
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Final Task Part Two
Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Final Task Part Three
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Infirmary
Chapter Sixty: The Beginning Of Forever
Chapter Sixty-One: Here is to Forever
Chapter Sixty-Two: Not Even Death Could Part Us, My Love.

Chapter Fifty: The Clue

2.7K 92 16
By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

After the cheering had died down and everyone had joined the crowds once again, all four champions stood on the same stone that they had battled a dragon on.

"Thank you once again all for coming and I would just like to ask for a huge round of applause for our four champions!" McGonagall's voice boomed.

The crowd all stood in the stands and cheered and clapped as the champions held their heads up high.

McGonagall hushed the crowds before saying "Now all of the champions have successfully completed this task and have all gained the clue that will help them succeed the second challenge, without it they will have little to NO chance of succeeding!"

The crowd once again cheered and clapped in excitement for the next challenges to come.

"However, some exceeded better than others in this challenge! Based on their time taken to defeat the Dragon and the accuracy and complexity of the spells that they cast, in fourth place Fleur Delacour!" There was a huge round of applause from the crowd and Fleur smiled and bowed to the audience.

"In third place was Cedric Diggory!" McGonagall boomed!

There was an eruption of applause from the students of Hogwarts.

"And in second place... Victor Krum!" McGonagall exclaimed. 

There was a huge round of applause from both Hogwarts and Durmstang because it meant that Harry had won.

"Finally in First place was Mr Harry Potter!" McGonagall exclaimed with a huge smile, she then handed Harry a bouquet of flowers and an envelope.

"What's this?" Harry asked her, signalling at the envelope.

"A cash prize, it is the rules that every winner has to receive one," She said smiling at him.

"What? No other people need this more than I do-" Harry protested to her, already thinking about two twins in particular.

"I knew you would say that Harry, and we must give it to you according to the roles but the person can give it to whoever they wish to," McGonagall said looking at the young boy with pride.

He smiled up at her, "Thank you." 

"Anytime my dear, now it looks like there is a group of people rushing over to see you so I will take my leave now, good luck," McGonagall replied before walking over to congratulate the other participants.

"Harry! First!! You deserve it!" Draco and Dudley yelled as they ran over to him. 

Shortly followed by, Petunia, Mr and Mrs Malfoy, the Potters, the Weasley twins and the rest of Harry's friends.

"Thanks guys," Harry said with a smile.

"Yeah Harry with your awesome performance you earnt us  200 galleons easy!" Fred started.

"No one bets on the underdog my friend," George finished with a huge smile.

"You guys bet on me! What if I lost?" Harry asked concerned that they were throwing away the money that they were saving for their business.

"Of course we did Harry! And we knew you wouldn't lose!" They exclaimed in unison.

"Well, since you had such faith in me this is for you," Harry exclaimed happily.

"What is it?" Fred said as he took the envelope Harry had outstretched.

Inside they looked and saw at least 200 galleons.

"Harry! We can't take this!" They exclaimed.

"Of course you can, it's for your shop that you are saving up for!" Harry defended.

"You're our friend Harry we can't take this, it is one thing to bet on you," George started.

"But it's another to take money from you, and that we won't do!" Fred finished with conviction.

"Just think of me as an investor, okay?  I really like the place you both want to build and I honestly think that you guys will be so successful so I want to help in any way I can seriously take it!" Harry said sincerely.

Fred and George smiled and replied, "Thank you, Harry, since you're technically an investor now we will have to put you on the or list for our new products." Fred and George said cheekily.

"I would love to sample some!" Harry exclaimed.

"As long as it isn't around us it's fine." Petunia chimed in.

They all chuckled at the light-hearted atmosphere between them all.

"Well we all best be heading off I can see that pesky reporter coming this way," Lucius said looking over to where Rita Skeeter was practically running over.

"Yep, I agree let's go before she badgers me with more questions!" Harry exclaimed.

"Okay Darling well I love you and I will see you soon, don't forget to call," Petunia said warmly.

"I won't Mom, see you guys soon," He added giving them both a quick hug before they all ran their separate ways.

Bursting in through the Slytherin common room doors came the group of excited teens.

"Open it, Harry!" Pansy exclaimed.

"Yes! Yes! Open it!" Draco exclaimed jumping around.

"Okay okay," Harry laughed before tracing the elegantly carved lines of the golden egg.

Harry then flicks the notch holding the egg intact.

A horrible ear piecing screech erupted from the egg.

Everyone flinched away and attempted to block their ears from the horrible noise.

"Make it stop!" Theo screamed, the sound drowned out by the screech.

Harry in a panic to make it stop, hurtled it at the wall, trying desperately to get the noise away from the.

The egg hit the wall with a clunk and slid down into the fishbowl currently holding 3 Bettas, also called Siamese fighting fish. 

The screeching stopped suddenly and a beautiful voice sang out, 

"Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching, ponder this;
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour-long you'll have to look,
And recover what we took,
But past an hour — the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

The song repeated once again as Harry slowly walked towards the egg. 

Pulling it out of the water the screeching immediately started again but this time Harry shove the lock back into place and the screeching stopped.

"Wow..." Blaise commented in awe.

"An hour-long you'll have to look... Wait does that mean you have to be under the water for an hour?" Hermione asked concerned.

"I guess... I guess it's time to start researching again..." Harry commented.

"No, you need to take a break, just for the night!" Draco pleaded.

"Yes, you just killed a dragon Harry, you can find a way to breathe for an hour and party the night away," Theo said grabbing a trunk that was hidden under the coffee table.

"I didn't kill the dragon, just knocked it out!" Harry defended.

"Killed sounds cooler but anyway do you know why we know this?" Blaise asked.

"Why?" Harry asked amused.

"Because we have a whole trunk of butterbeer and the whole night to kill!" Theo said happily opening the trunk to reveal six bottles of butterbeer.

'Well..." Harry trailed off as he looked into the pleading eyes of Draco.

"I think there is no saying no!" Harry exclaimed happily.

Regardless to say, the group had a day to remember and a night that they would never forget. Filled with laugher and joy. The best friends one could ever hope for, a night where the best of friends could be themselves and just have fun without the worries of the outside world and for that, the night was a gift to them all.

A/N Hey guys I once again hope that everyone is safe and feeling loved, if not my dm's are always open for you guys to talk if you want to <3 Have a great day/night munchkins!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 1.6K 13
After the war, Harry finds out that Dumbledore had decided how his life would be until his death. He also found some heart shattering facts about his...
13K 250 7
Harry Potter son of Jameson and Lily Potter. Harry is the older brother Emmett Potter the 'wrongly' declared boy who lived. The night Voldemort attac...
88 2 11
A search for the truth. A battle of friends. A longing for love. A trial of loyalty. Follow Diana Prince through her years at Hogwarts. This will be...
431K 11.7K 35
Harry finds out a secret about his past. Betrayed and hurt, Harry turns to the only person who can help him in his quest for revenge. Takes place dur...