Alpha Klayton | ✔️

By sunxmoon__

"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed... More

1 |
2 |
3 |
4 |
5 |
6 |
7 |
8 |
9 |
10 |
11 |
12 |
13 |
14 |
15 |
16 |
17 |
18 |
19 |
20 |
21 |
22 |
23 |
24 |
25 |
26 |
27 |
28 |
29 |
30 |
31 |
32 |
33 |
34 |
35 |
36 |
37 |
38 |
39 |
40 |
41 |
42 |
43 |
45 |
B O O K T W O

44 |

30.3K 1.2K 153
By sunxmoon__

Have you ever been to a Halloween party as a kid; the one where the mom makes you stick your hand in a bowl of spaghetti?

When you're a kid, you squeal and jump back —thinking you have just touched a bunch of worms.

Today, I grew up, and my hand reached deeper.

~

I was snapped back to reality.

It wasn't Halloween —this was no cruel joke.

I was holding a heart in my hand.

The heart; I could feel that it was a strong organ, pretty much all muscle, and to feel it pulsing in my hand was unlike any other rush of adrenaline.

With every beat of her heart, mine beat twice.

I was stronger. My body pumping blood faster; because I was finally ready.

I wasn't sure how I had broken through the skin and the sternum, but it didn't matter.

I was going to do what I was promised. I could feel every inch of my body humming, bracing for the power about to be expelled.

I twisted my hand. Hard, with all the might I had, and pulled back.

The next moments moved in slow motion, I was unsure if I was truly awake.

The force of my tug made me stumble backwards. I felt as if I had been kicked in the stomach, all the air leaving my body.

My immediate flight response had me bringing my arms around my centre. My hand releasing the object that still seems to pump in my hand. I refuse to look, knowing I will find the bloody mess that is Artmetis's heart. Instead, I search for her body on the ground.

I find chaos around me, people are running, screaming, unable to comprehend the scene before them. But they seem to be hazy, as if they don't really exist. 

And then there is Klayton, making his way to me from where he had fallen across the lawn. He is crystal clear, as I watch his every move.

I look into his eyes, expecting to see the relief I was feeling. Instead I find them brimming with panic —which additionally matches my own. I start going towards him... I just want to feel his embrace.

My steps are heavy, each time I lift a foot off the ground I can feel the weight pulling me back down.

Then my line of sight is cut off.

Artemis standing in front of me. Well, as much as someone could stand in her shape.

Her bow and arrow appear on her back. My eyes follow to the hole in her chest. Tendons and hanging tissue indicate the massive damage that had been inflected. I could see her bent ribs, the bones sticking in every direction. And beyond the muscles the gaping empty cavity that should have held her heart.

I am unable to process how this is possible. I have no time to think for myself. I needed help, I didn't know what to do.

I feel a warmth behind me. I see a flash of pink hair.

Destiny.

I feel her breath on my ear, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"Take it Adira, it's the only thing keeping her alive, the source of her power. Take the bow and arrow for yourself!"

And then she was gone —as if she had almost never been there. Maybe she hadn't.

I move quickly. My eyes roam the ground until I finally find what I need. I pick the small tissue back up, with a speed I didn't know I had.

This time when I stand back up there is an arrow pointed at my head. I am not scared. I know what I have to do.

It fits perfectly in the palm of my hand. The hard tissue greased by her blood that seeped down the back of my hand.

I squeezed.

The heart is a tough muscle, so let my fingernails dig in, gouging holes into the surface. More blood springs out.

I stare Artemis in the eyes as I watch her stumble at the action.

The arrow goes flying, whizzing passed my head, her aim affected by the sudden jolt of her body.

I squeeze harder, allowing my fingers to crush the walls. The veins burst and it is almost as if the organ deflates. Her knees buckled and I took my chance. I drop the heart back on the ground, not concerned with it any longer.

I grab the silver bag, filled with what seemed like a never-ending supply of wooden arrows. I hear a growl as I stand over her twitching body; the bow locked in her fingers. I turn my head to meet the source of the sound. There is Klayton, his large wolf towering over the scene.

I could see the wild in his eyes and I watch, almost in surprise, as he bends his head down and eats the heart.

Artemis stopped moving. Her hand still wrapped around the handle of the bow. I reached down, unconscious of my own actions. I prayed it out of her hands, hearing the snap of her fingers. I could hear nothing, nothing but my own breathing. At least I knew I was alive. I sling the quiver over my back and feel the bow's weight in my hand.

I pull out my first arrow. I don't even know what I am going to shoot until the arrow is whizzing through the sky.

Aimed at the moon.

Klayton's howling echoing in the background.

In the darkness I see light, I spin around. I can't figure out where it is coming from. Not until I see Klayton, back in human form, blood dripping from his mouth, looking at me.

I look down at my body. My glowing body. All of a sudden I became hyper-aware of the sensations.

I was tingling, all over, although it didn't hurt. Not like the many other pieces of the soul I had collected.

It was almost as if those were preparing my body for the next moment.

I took a breath.

My first breath as a moon goddess.

My body shivered, because with that breath my life seemed to be starting over.

It was like every insecurity, doubt, and helpless thought was washed out of my body. My whole life I had felt like an animal who just wanted to get out. Expect now I knew it wasn't an animal hiding inside of me.

It was a Goddess.

My bow and arrow disappeared, but I just knew if I ever needed it, it would reappear.

I looked at the moon and I felt like I could hold it in my hand, command it if I needed too. The glimmer of white that the moon encompassed made me feel empowered; we felt as one.

I finally looked back around and found Klayton at my feet.

Bowing.

That's when it hit me, what I really was capable of doing —I could make the earth stop in its tracks. I could change the course of nature. I could perceive events on other worlds, or in any space and time, in my deepest inner mind, and in the minds of others.

I had a lot to learn about my newfound power, this great energy I had the ability to exert. But, looking down at my mate, submitting himself to me, I knew I could do anything with him.

I pulled him up, kissing him briefly. I had something to do first before we could relish in the moment.

I wanted to be better than her.

I found her body. She looked almost innocent lying there. There was no longer darkness shrouding her. She was just a body. A body that belonged to the moon.

I reached down, gently touching the side of her head. I spoke the words I had heard Klayton speak earlier.

Earth is beauty dressed,

Here you are to be blessed,

The moon accepts all that die,

And here is where you lie.

Such exacting your final breath,

Love is nearer than promised death

And with this touch we give

I forgive, so one can relive.

And then I kissed her forehead.

~

The packhouse was buzzing, everyone coming down from the stress of the events at the funeral. Rumours were spreading quickly, but Klayton said he would address them when nerves were no longer as delicate.

Instead of engaging in the chaos, we escape. We find ourselves walking. We walk by the observatory, which no longer seems as intimidating. Nothing does.

I felt right; I feel complete. It was like my whole life I was missing something, but I didn't even know it. I could feel the power running through my body, humming, radiating off of me. 

Eventually, we made out way to the library, where we sat on the floor and didn't speak for a long time. I would get up and walk around, running my fingers along the spines of the hundreds of ancient books. I would always find my way back to him, on our spot on the floor.

We were alone at last and the sexual tension in the room could be cut by a knife. Finally, we could be together, no Artemis, no baggage.

Just us, and it was like electricity filled the air.

I didn't waste a second.

I tore my dress off, exposing my body, before pressing myself up against him. I knew instantly he wanted this as bad as I did.

"Adira," he moaned, ecstatic from my instant arousal, and with a hungry look, he swept down. Right there where we stood, me grasping onto his shoulders as his head ducked between my thighs.

I squirmed as he licked my parting lips, swollen and wet with arousal. He made his way into my slit as far as he could go, getting to taste me.

My body fell weak to his tongue. He was controlling me in every way. The pleasure continued to build and build. I almost couldn't take it anymore and wanted to scream out in bliss.

Klayton started to move his tongue at a more rapid pace. I arched my back involuntarily; my whole body was reacting to him. The build-up seemed like it was the first time all over again. He was worshipping his new Goddess.

"Adria," Klayton said softly. I timidly looked up at him, at his mercy. "I will take care of you," he said softly. "I will make sure to get you everything you need."

And at that moment, that is exactly is what I needed, not to be the powerful Goddess, but me... Adira; a girl whose world would never be the same after that fateful day where she found her true mate.

And I can't wait for what tomorrow brings.

~

🖤 The book is not over yet! If you wish to stop here you can but there will still be another update very soon. Thank you for reading, please vote and follow me 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773K 20K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
195K 11.8K 76
[COMPLETE] Kyra's life as a human is over. Bitten and riddled with strange symptoms, she has been ripped from the only life she's ever known and thro...
1.2M 43.3K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
1.4M 36K 37
*not edited* The prophecy says that every thousand years, Alpha twins would be born. They would share the same mate and share the Alpha power equall...