Valiance And Love | ✓

By AllisonAsh

There are things you need to know about Ally aka Allison Hart : 1) She's a hotshot lawyer with a hundred per... More

Valiance And Love
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Thirteen

1.5K 88 41
By AllisonAsh

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.
-
Socrates

___________________

I'm having the best dream about being curled up under a bunch of blankets, in a pitch-dark room with nothing but my laptop and TV. I start hearing a voice singing. It starts making this dream of mine turn into a little bit of a nightmare.

I realize I'm not dreaming a few seconds later when I hear someone who actually took private singing lessons butchering the song as she sings along to it at the top of her off-key lungs.

"Hope, it is way too early for this shit," I grumble, having no clue what time it actually is. "And why, for the love of God, are you singing? Do you want to kill me?"

She has my full support for the plan to kill you.

Keep dreaming but not going to work.

When I make the mistake of opening my eyes, I wonder if Hope roofied me with pot chocolate again while I slept. After reaching my husband's beautiful house yesterday, I couldn't take a tour since you know I was too tired to stay awake and choose to sleep in the first bed I saw.

Now? Now it looks like someone kidnapped me because... is this seriously a guest room?

The whole room is painted black with black sheets and pillows. As if it's a icing on top, there's a black U-shaped couch, accent tables and I see two rooms which probably are the washroom and closet. No painting, no decors! Nothing, it's blank.

I was too tired yesterday that I didn't notice anything. I just pulled myself out of my dress and jumped onto the bed without noticing another thing.

I turn towards the door only to find Hope, she's wearing a pink floral dress, her hair tied into a ponytail. Sitting up slowly as Hope continues to sing, bop along to the music playing from somewhere else in the house, and check out her reflection in the mirror above the dresser, I hug the black quilt closer to my chest, wondering what the hell is going on. Looking down, I blink a few times and rub my eyes when I realize it's morning and my husband is nowhere near me.

Dammit it!

Quickly scrambling around in bed, I grab my phone from the nightstand.

"What the heck?" I screech, the noise making Hope whirl around from the dresser across from the foot of the bed.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Hope says with a bright smile. "I'm sorry to say there's no room service. But I learned how to make toast and it was so cute! I also had real tea for the first time since five years, and God as my witness, I wept. Right there at the table in the kitchen, eating toast off of a plate I-"

"Hope," I shout, throwing my arms out and making wide, crazy eyes at her.

"Oh! Yes, I'm sure all this is very common before coffee." Hope nods, glancing around the room. "You know what? I slept till eight today. Eight! It's been an year since I didn't see five a.m and you know what that means to me. And yeah, after waking up I rushed here to check on you but you were asleep so I met the staffs. The watchman, security, gardener and the young maid are amazing and they already love you but the main chef –or you can call her the old, bitchy chef because she is one— is grumpy. I mean she's not very happy with the news of Daniel's wedding... with you. She glared at me when I asked for a coffee but the young girl was so kind that she made me a tea and helped me make a toast." Hope nods approvingly.

"What time is it?" I ask, sliding out of bed and glancing at the walls, cringing slightly.

"Oh, it's eleven. You know what? I've had six cups of tea. Wait, no. Eight," she says with a shrug, reaching behind her and grabbing a mug she set down on the dresser.

"What is happening right now?" I whisper, shaking my head and staring at her as she sips from her mug which has the picture of Chris Hemsworth. Of course, she never forgets to bring her own cup with her.

"Well, for one, you were almost drunk after the dancing. You drank too much wine so Daniel took you home after bidding farewell to everyone and I followed you here," Hope states, grinning widely. "I knew you wouldn't be able to enjoy your wedding night since you were drunk and all but I didn't expect him to show me the guest room for you to sleep. He's seems a bit uncertain about you."

Not a surprise. People are not very sure when it's about you.

Setting her mug back down on the dresser, she walks over to me and grabs both of my hands.

"I don't want you to panic, but your plan of letting everyone believe that you both are in love may not work. He's gone to work with Ryan and I bet that's not something a married man in love would on the first day after his wedding. It seems this is a little bit crazy," Hope says, squeezing my hands. "But let's focus on you. What's happening right now is a bit different from what you planned, Ally, and you need to just embrace it. I mean.. you did hear his vows right?"

That was so sweet.

Hope lets go of my hands and walks over to the end of the bed.

"Accept it, Ally," Hope orders. "Feel it and maybe eventually you'll start to not loathe relationships so much. I must say, love is not my thing but I appreciate the bond and love between others. Well, aside from your parents, that's a weird one," Hope says, her face cringing slightly at her mention of my parents. They do have a complicated relationship.

"I agree, Daniel isn't very fond of you like most of the guys but at the same time he has a soft spot somewhere for you. All he did was stomp around muttering while you drank so much. But he's adorable, in a sort of way. I would not disapprove of you feeling his spirit while you're on this deal. A little fling for six months, if you will. He's not my type. He's married too. But you should totally go for him."

I stare at her for few seconds and then I laugh out loud at her.

"Not gonna happen," I tell her.

You big, fat lair.

"I'm here to do a job not for love. And isn't it an irony? He married me to get out a fling and now me starting another fling with him is ridiculous. And you know what? Married people having sex is not called fling, it's not normal and I definitely plan to do it but no way that's going to end in love. Six months and it's done."

"Your conscience says otherwise. She spoke to me last night while you were sleeping. She said, 'Hope, help me. It's time Ally stops her playgirl habits and settle down happily with husbands and lots of kids,'" she says, her voice going up a few octaves.

When did you talk to her?

I didn't but she got it right.

Shut up!

"Also, you were passed out and didn't see how he was with you. He's definitely interested. He looked at you the way I look at my shoes." Her expression softens.

"He spent all of his time with me by grumbling how annoying I am," I scoff.

I don't need a man. I don't want a man. I need a fulfilling life that makes me happy. That's it. Which means no permanent guys.

Nonsense!

"When you started tipping forward, I've never seen someone move so fast," Hope starts to explain. "He scooped you up like a superhero and went charging up to the car with you cradled in his arms, barking orders to me about how to reach his home. And as soon as he got you here, he wouldn't stop fussing over you. Gave you his coat because you were cold, then took it off because I brought a blanket for you."

I roll my eyes at her. "Stop exaggerating. Now, we have some work. Call Sam and ask him about the details I asked while I get fresh," I order, moving towards the bathroom.

In the bathroom, I strip off my clothes and quickly clamber into the shower to be under the stream of water. I hold up my face into the torrent. A smile reaches my lips when I remember yesterday's events. It was one of the most beautiful day of my life and I loved every moment of it.

Now, I'm back to actual life. Back to work which is of course helping Daniel but he's nowhere. If he goes for work the very next day after his wedding then it's going to be hard to make people believe that we're in love as Hope said. One wrong move and everything's a mess.

Annabelle is a top model and her words are sharp as knife. If she brings proof in front of media about her relationship with Daniel then that leads to him loosing his company. As much as I know, it's not just some photos and videos that Annabelle has as her weapon. Her control on him is unknown to me so it's best I be careful.

Whatever it is, my role in his life is very important right now. I'm not sure about everything but acting as if we're in love is the first plan. We want some support from people and we get that only if we're in love. Moreover, I also have to hide that the business deal is the actual reason for wedding since that brings bad reputation and my parents asked me to help them  in return of Ashley's custody. Ashely is staying with Cassy, bringing her with me isn't a good option.

I sigh. The water is warm and soothing. I could stay under this shower, forever. I reach for the body-wash and I rub it all over myself. I climb out of the shower soon and grabs three towels. I put my hair in one and wrap it on my head. I dry myself and then wrap another towel around myself as I walk out of the bathroom and strolls towards the walk in closet.

I find all my clothes arranged neatly. Must be Hope who did it. I choose an elegant cotton fitted, zipper blend pant and lantern top blouse. I dress quickly. I grab my hair dryer to dry my hair and is successful in doing it. I comb my hair and styles it into a French braid.

I walk out of the room to find Hope and finds her in the living hall. It's huge. And thankfully the walls are cream color. I find her seated in the hall which is very spacious and looks hmm.. boring. There are so many couches with cushions and a coffee table in front of it. There are some fashionable light lamps and paintings hanged on the wall but other than that it's plain.

Hope stops sipping her tea from the cup when she catches the sight of me. My gaze turns towards the girl standing beside her. "Don't give her anymore tea," I order, walking towards them. The girl gulps before nodding her head.

"Ally, it's been an year," Hope complains like a small kid.

I settle beside her and pour myself a cup of coffee. "Your doctor clearly suggested you to avoid tea since you can't stop drinking it when you start drinking. I forgive you today but no tea for another week. Carry on with your coffee."

Hope glares at me. "Coffee is not good either."

"I know but you never drink eight cups of coffee a day. You hardly drink one so that's perfectly fine," I tell her as I take a sip from the coffee. I turn towards the girl. "What's your name?" She looks like she's fifteen but I'm not sure.

"R-Rebecca," she stuttered.

I smile at her. "I won't be here for lunch so nothing for me and Hope. I'll be back for dinner and I'm allergic to strawberries so please avoid that in any food you prepare for me. Is that okay?" I ask politely.

She smiles before nodding her head, she walks away and I turn towards Hope. "Did you post the pictures?"

Hope nods her head, grabbing a cookie. "Yes. I posted a pic of yours and then the decorations but nothing of Daniel."

"Post our wedding picture. Something that looks warm and cosy," I instruct her as I lean back against the couch.

"Okay but this works only if Daniel does the same. He needs to post something about you and make it sound romantic."

I nod my head. "We can do that. After the coffee, we're going to his office. There are few things I need to talk to my husband."

Hope frowns. "Wait, I have a doubt. You told that this Annabelle has some pictures and videos of them together but how much harm can they cause? Everyone has a fling these days, casual sex is common and why will that cause problems?"

I shake my head at her. "Daniel's company has some policy and it's clearly stated that the shareholders should not get involved themselves in any type of personal relationship without informing it to the remaining shareholders," I say. Hope raises her brows. "Annabelle has a small share in the company though it's her father who takes care of everything."

Hope nods her head in understanding. "Consequences?"

"Yes. He may loose his shares and maybe even the shareholders. If Annabelle sells her shares to one of the rivals then all those can lead to a huge mess. There are chances he might loose the company, it's complicated. Moreover, Annabelle won't stop until she gets Daniel. It's like she's obsessed with him. I.. I don't know.. all these are things I have heard from Ryan, I can't be sure until I see her and Daniel together."

I place my cup on the coffee table before standing up. "We need to leave," I tell her. Hope nods her head.

We need to have some talk hubby.

"Mam, you can't go in there," a blonde woman shouts but I ignore her as I enter the private elevator reserved for Daniel along with Hope. "Security," she shouts but before they reach near me, the elevator doors closes.

It's almost twelve and we're in Avery Industries. I asked the receptionist about Daniel but she told me that I can't meet him without an appointment and that he's in the conference hall. I gave her my best smile before I choose not to respond to that and moved towards the private elevator. I press the twenty first floor button which is where the conference hall is situated. Daniel's office is in that floor too.

"Why did you do that? We could have used the regular elevator after calling Daniel," Hope tells, frowning at me.

I grin widely with my hands tucked into the pockets of my pant. "First, I want to surprise Daniel so no calling him. Second, when an unknown beautiful woman uses the private elevator reserved only for their boss then that brings news to the whole company. Gossips starts and spreads like a wildfire so it becomes easy. My existence in his life should be known to the whole company which reduces Annabelle's chance to cause a tornado is his life. It's okay, you're a kid. It takes time to understand brilliant things."

Hope glares at me. "Of course," she mutters under her breathe.

"I saw a woman today with Daniel," she says casually as the elevator rolls to a stop and the doors slide open.

"Who?" I ask as I pull my hands free from my pockets and follow her out, the sound of my heels clicking in unison on the industrial tile floor with my Hope's shoes.

"A woman in her mid twenties whom I guess is his secretary. She has her eyes on him. I bet they had sex in the office," she says.

What?

Jealous?

No!

"Fine, I say that he didn't have sex with her in the office. If I win, you have to buy me lunch."

Hope nods her head immediately. "Agreed. If you loose, I get to drink tea everyday for another one month."

"NO!" I exclaim.

"Yes," Hope snaps.

I bite my lip. "Fine."

We turn right at the end of the hall, I see a sign on the door to the conference room. I take a deep breathe as I slowly open the door.

"What the fuck where you thinking?" I hear a familiar voice shouting at someone.

I scan the room and I'm quite impressed with the interior design and the color. It looks perfect for a conference hall. The room has acoustic ceilings which is well designed with sheet wall panels, the room look dark but contains a positive vibe at the same time. There's a huge U-shaped, gray conference table in the centre of the room and black chairs around them, a huge screen is on the wall and cameras at every corners. There are separate black leather sectional couches and accent tables placed at one of the corner of the room and a coffee machine at another corner.

I turn my attention to the people present in the room. There are around sixteen people including both men and women. I turn towards Daniel who's standing in the centre of the table in his black suit, looking handsome as always. He continues shouting at a man who's probably in his early twenties. The man stands there with his face red, looking down ashamed while the others in the room throws him pity looks. Everyone are seated expect Daniel, this man and another guy who looks as the same age of Daniel.

"Is shouting at others called conference?" Hope asks in her low voice, standing close to me. Nobody has noticed our presence yet so I decided to let them know about my arrival.

"Stop shouting, Daniel," I tell as I move towards him. All heads turn towards me except Daniel's but I can tell that he looks quite shocked. His body still.

Slowly, he turns his head towards me, his blue eyes throwing daggers at me. I give him my best smile when I reach near him. "Whatever the reason is stop growling like an animal," I snap, earning gasps from the audience sitting there.

Then there's just silence.

Did you jump into the lion's den?

Probably.

"What in the world are you doing here?" He shouts at the top of his voice. Then there's silence again, pin drop silence.

I purse my lips, blinking at him. I turn towards the audience who are staring at me with wide eyes. I give them a sad look. "Do you guys think this is right?" I ask only to earn confused looks. "We've have been dating for past few months and I never interfered in his work because I know he loves his work. I always supported him in that but today I can't do that," I tell them. Their confused gazes turns to curiosity and I do a victory dance in my mind.

Are you serious right now? When did you two started dating?

"We got married yesterday," I announce, the room fills with gasps. "We had our wonderful wedding night and in the morning when I wake up, I find my husband gone to work without telling me a word. I mean.. I understand he has work to do but he could have told me a word before walking away. Do you think this is right?" I get many head shaking from the women.

Why are they shaking head? They believe you?

"Allison," Daniel hisses, turning me towards him. "What are you doing here?"

I frown at him. "I'm here to see my husband. Don't tell me I can't do that."

I turn my head towards the door only to find the receptionist, security and the woman who shouted at the lobby entering the room. "We tried to stop her sir but she used your private elevator," the woman tells, looking tensed.

"It's his wife, Rachel," one of the woman sitting there tells causing the lobby woman to gasp in shock. I give her a wink before I turn towards Daniel.

"I have work. What do you want?" he asks, glaring down at me.

I take that as an opportunity to wrap my arms around him, hugging him. Gasps and giggles fills the room but I ignore them as I inhale his deep smell. He pulls me away from him, holds my hand and turns towards the audience.  "Excuse us, I need to have a talk with Mrs. Avery," he grit out as he moves towards the pulling me with him.

"By talk he means a quickie," I shout and the crowd laughs before I disappear from the room.

He pulls me towards his office, closing the door behind him and pressing me against the wall. "What are you doing here?"

I smile at him as I lean towards him and whisper in his ears. "I don't know. Maybe I wanted to see my hubby." He stares at me for few seconds and then his lips twitch and before I know it, his lips are on mine.

Mission accomplished!

Seriously?

Yup!

Hey guys!

Hope you all are safe and having a good time.

So what do you think? I know you all not exactly happy with my late updates but there's nothing I can do to help with that. Anyways, please vote and feel free to drop a comment or two. Take care, stay safe.

Allison ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 13.7K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
6.9K 882 16
First love is hard enough. It's new and exciting and absolutely terrifying and maybe even unrequited. When it's difficult for Skyler to move on from...
267K 16.4K 26
~~ Book 3 of The Marrying You Series. This can be read as a stand alone but I recommened you read the other two books too. ~~ Vanessa Brady is thirty...
3.5M 133K 70
#Book 1 #3 in humor on 13.5.18 #33 in romance on 03.04.17 Started on : 5th december 2015 Ended on: 14th february 2017 Teresa Scarlet is witty, pretty...