Gone and Forgotten - Spinel x...

By CrystalUniverse_

Y/N has lived with Steven and the Crystal Gems for most of his life. All it took was one day, to change his l... More

Chapter 1 - An Emergency
Chapter 2 - Here We Are
Chapter 3 - Who are you?
Chapter 4 - Your New Best Friend
Chapter 5 - Hijinks Will Ensue
Chapter 6 - Like a Rock Show!
Chapter 7 - The Garden
Chapter 8 - Change (Finale)
Episode 1 - Homeworld
Episode 2 - Nightmares
Episode 3 - Unexpected Events
Episode 4 - Departure
Episode 5 - Loss
Episode 6 - Something New
Episode 7 - Reunion
Episode 8 - Trauma
Episode 9 - Training
Episode 10 - Date Night
Episode 11 - A Thought
Episode 12 - Friendly Help
Episode 13 - Lets Play a Game
Episode 15 - The Full Story
Episode 16- Tag You're It
Episode 17 - Together
Season 2 Ep 1 - Surprise!
Season 2 Ep 2 - The Diamond Way
Season 2 Ep 3 - The Wrong World
Season 2 Ep 4 - Know your Enemy
Season 2 Ep 5 - Going to Kindergarten
Season 2 Ep 6 - Allergies
G&F - Art Book

Episode 14 - Diamonds

629 19 10
By CrystalUniverse_

~Home World~

Y/N and Spinel walk through the palace halls passing the throne room along the way. Small footsteps can be heard running up to them from behind causing them to turn around.

Y/N & Spinel: Doc?!

Doc: *tries to catch her breath and salutes* Hello my Diamond!

Y/N: Doc, it's just Y/N.

Doc: I *blushes* Ahem, sorry.

Spinel: Wanna join us? we were just on our way to talk with Blue?

Doc: Sure!

As they walked down the corridors Y/N notices gems staring at him and whispering to each other, he begins to feel uncomfortable and rubs his arm as more gems stare. Spinel notices and nudges his arm with Doc growling at the gems.

Spinel: Dollface? Are you okay?

Y/N: *smiles* Yeah, I'm good.

Spinel: *She glares at the group of gems while holding onto Y/N* Do I need to kick some gem's ass? *the gems step back scared*

Y/N: *laughs* No don't worry, it's fine. Let's just head to Blue's room.

The three walk up to Blue Diamond's room but notice Blue Pearl isn't there.

Y/N: Where's BP? Hmm, I guess she's at little home school. *knocks on the door but there is no response* I guess Blue's gone too.

Doc: What about Yellow Diamond? Maybe she could help you two!

Y/N: Oh. Uh, I guess?

After walking across the to Yellow's palace they arrive at Yellow's door and sees Yellow Pearl next to it.

Y/N & Spinel: Hey YP!

YP: I guess you two are sticking with that "nickname".

Y/N: *shrugs* Was it that obvious? *Spinel giggle*

YP: Ugh. Yellow Diamond is inside. *she opens the door and salutes* My Diamond, you have guests.

Yellow: Who is it, Pearl? *looks to see the three* Oh Spinel, Y/N, hello.

Spinel: *jumps on Y/N's shoulders and waves* Hi Yellow!

Y/N: Sup Yellow!

YP: *stops Doc from walking any further* Rubies are to stay outside.

Doc: *grows a slightly sad look* b-but...

Y/N: It's okay YP, she can come in.

YP: Yes Black Diamond.

Y/N: *quickly turns around and points at her* Don't call me that. *YP flinches*

Spinel: *holds his hand* Hey, it's okay. *he looks at her before calming down*

Doc walks in passing Yellow Pearl giving her a smug look before standing next to the two and salutes Yellow Diamond.

Doc: Yellow Diamond.

Yellow: *sits up* At ease ruby. *walks towards the three* How are you two?

Spinel: *grabs Y/N and stretches her way to sit on Yellows shoulder* Oh y'know, the usual. *Y/N slightly grabs his chest in pain* What about you?

Yellow: I've been on diplomatic missions establishing peace between gem kind and other planet's species.

Y/N: *he looks in shock* Whoa, okay.

Yellow: Is there any progress on Earth for the rogue peridot?

Spinel: Well about that~ *she looks at Y/N and nudges him*

Y/N: A couple of weeks ago we came across a "corrupted" gem. It was made by Prism as a test to recreate *looks at his gem* this thing. aannddd~ *he looks at Spinel*

Spinel: Oh! We came across Her and her goon!

Yellow: What? Why didn't you tell us about this sooner?

Spinel: *awkwardly giggles* Sorry Yellow, we've just been really busy.

Yellow: *Sighs and rubs the bridge of her nose* As long as you're safe that's fine. Tell me what happened?

The two fill Yellow Diamond in about the corrupted gem and the fight with Red.

Yellow: How did you defeat a corrupted gem Y/N? *Spinel looks at Y/N wondering the same thing*

Y/N: Well...I guess I got lucky. What about you guys? Did you find anything?

Yellow: Hmmm, We searched the lab's console for any file related to you and your gem, we were able to recover a significant sum of data. *she brings up a screen showing them past reports* Prism tried to produce the "gem" by itself without using any subjects for a short while. Her goal was to have a gem fuse with it in an attempt to merge the two. But it would only cause the gem to deform and lose all sense of reality with shattering following soon after.

Spinel: Wait, so you're saying the bismuth we fought willingly became that?

Yellow: Most likely yes.

Spinel: *She looks at Y/N seeing he looks as if he came across a horrific realization* Y/N?

Y/N: I-I could have killed you...

Spinel: *looks at him confused* W-Wha?

Y/N: When we fused, I could've killed you.

Yellow: W-What? *she looks at them with shock*  you two fused!?

Spinel: *rubs the back of her head and blushes* Yeah~

Yellow: Spinel you weren't affected in any way were you??

Spinel: No? Why would I be?

Yellow: Well because of his gem of course!

Spinel: I...um...

Y/N: ...

An awkward silence filled the room.

Y/N: *whispers to Spinel* I-I'm gonna go find Blue. Please, keep Yellow company for a while.

Spinel: *whispers* Will you be okay?

Y/N: *kisses her on cheek and whispers* Yeah

Yellow: What are you two whispering about?

Y/N: *smirks* you didn't hear? We're right next to your ear. *he hops off Yellows shoulder and begins to walk to the door* I gotta head out for a quick second. *he turns to the two* Love you Spinel!

Spinel: *waves* Love ya too Dollface, You better come back soon!

Y/N: *chuckles* I will! *looks at the small ruby* Come on Doc. 

Doc: *salutes* Yes my Diamond. *he looks at her and shakes his head* Ah, sorry.

Y/N: *right before he leaves he stops and looks over his shoulder* Oh, and Yellow. *she looks at him* I didn't ask for this. 

Yellow looks as if she's going to say something but doesn't as the two leave Yellow's room. Y/N and Doc begin to walk down the palace corridors. Scenes of the fight with the bismuth play through Y/N's mind as they walk. From the black electricity coursing through his hand to nearly shattering the gem. Y/N freezes and gets shivers down his spine, still unable to believe he nearly did that. He lets out a sigh and leans against one of the hall's walls and slides down sitting.

Doc: Y/N? What's wrong?

Y/N: It's nothing... *brief pause* okay it's something.

Doc: *sits next to him* Do you wanna talk about it?

Y/N: It's this thing. *he slaps his gem* ow. I didn't ask for it. I didn't want it, but I have it. I mean you saw how Yellow reacted to the whole fusion thing. *brief pause* She thinks I'm a freak. I guess I am, I'm not even a real gem. Hell, I'm definitely not a Diamond.

Doc: *puts her hand on his shoulder* She's just confused, all the Diamonds are. There's never really been a synthetic diamond before so this is new even for them. They just want to be careful.

Y/N: *sighs* Yeah I guess you're right. There is just one thing that's confusing me tho.

Doc: What's that?

Y/N: What about White? I haven't talked to her ever since I was taken. Yellow told me she was leading a research team to find out more about my gem, but besides that, I heard nothing. You'd gotta think if there's a new Diamond she would want to talk with them, right?

Doc: You gotta remember she is White Diamond she's probably has a lot of work to do right now.

Y/N: Yeah true. *looks at Doc and ruffles her hair* Thanks for the talk Doc.

Doc: *smiles* No problem my Dia- Y/N.

The two sit back up and continue to walk. They make it to Blue Diamond's palace but before they could enter they see a platoon of rubies marching in alongside them. Doc quickly hides behind Y/N, he looks behind him seeing Doc scared.

Y/N: Doc? What's wr-

???: Oh, If it isn't our failed "commander".

Y/N: *looks back seeing the ruby* Eyeball!?

Army: Oh look! It's the monster.

Y/N: *clenches his fists* Excuse me??

Eyeball: *laughs* Everyone knows about your fake gem and the damage you caused. *she walks up to the two* I find it funny how the failure is now under your command. *looks at doc* You must be really desperate for approval.

Doc: *speaks quietly* I-I'm not a failure...

Y/N: *gets visibly angry* Leave her alone you little twerp.

Eyeball: Oh and what are *pokes him* you going to do huh?

Ruby 1: *visibly scared* a-are you sure we should pick a fight with a d-diamond?

Ruby 2: yeah we c-could get shatte-

Eyeball: *she turns around and slabs the ruby* HE'S NOT A DIAMOND! HE AN OFF-COLOR, H-HE IS AN ABOMINATION!

Y/N: *he picks up Eyeball by her collar and looks into her eye* Let's get one thing clear you little shit. Doc is not a failure, if she was she wouldn't be here right now, and for the other thing. Call me an abomination or a monster one more time and I'll-

Y/N is cut off by Eyeball taking out her dagger and trying to swing at him but he drops her before she could land the hit.

Eyeball: RUBIES ASSEMBLE!

The four rubies huddle together and they begin to fuse. A giant ruby now stands before them ready to fight.

Ruby: You're gonna regret that!

The giant ruby pulls back her fist and swings it at Y/N. He quickly dodges underneath and punches her in the chest causing a strong shockwave to go in all directions. The Ruby instant defuses and the four tumble to the ground. Y/N looks at the four rubies with black sparks dancing around his fingertips.

Eyeball: *rubs her gem* how did you-?

Y/N: Get out of here now! *gets close to Eyeball's face* And if I ever see you again, you better be prepared to run.

Eyeball and the other rubies instantly get up and run off.

Y/N: *the sparks fade from his hands and he looks to Doc* You okay?

Doc: Hah! *Y/N gets surprised* You really showed them! When you punched them like *she playfully punches the air* Wa pow! That was awesome!! Wait, what's wrong with your eyes?

Y/N: What do you mean? *he looks at his reflection in Docs visor seeing diamonds in his eyes* W-what!? No, no, no, no *He frantically rubs his eyes and looks back seeing them back to normal* I... I really need to talk to Blue.

Y/N and Doc run into the palace and arrives at Blue's door. Blue Pearl is seen standing next to the door.

Y/N: Oh thank the stars you guys are back. Can I please talk to Blue it's important.

BP: Of course. *she opens the door* Right this way. *she leads the two into Blue's room, Blue is seen laying down looking on a screen of one of her colonies* My Diamond, Y/N is here to see you. *she bows then returns to the door*

Blue: Oh hello Y/N! *sits up* How are you?

Y/N: I'm kinda freaking out right now!

Blue: *grows concerned* What's wrong?

Y/N: Well besides Yellow being Yellow, I think my diamond side is coming through.

Blue: *pats the spot next to her* Come sit with me. Tell me what's going on.

Y/N: *begins to walk to her*  Well my pupils were just diamonds and I just punched a group of rubies out of their fusion with one hit. *he sits next to her* I don't know what's going on with me! I fought a corrupted gem a week or two ago and I had electricity coming out of my fingers! *looks at his hands* I-I wanted to shatter it. I don't want to cross that line, *a lump forms in his throat*....I-I don't want to be like my dad... I-

Blue shrinks down and hugs him. He grabs onto her blue robes hugging her back crying into her shoulder.

Blue: *rubs his back as she talks* I know you don't Y/N, and you're not. You are a strong and loving person, your father was not that.

Y/N kept a tight hug on her but not too tight. After a minute or two he pulls away and wipes the tears from his eyes. The Diamond jingle can be heard causing Blue to revert back to her normal size and Yellow Pearl enters the room.

YP: Blue Diamond. My Diamond is here to see you.

Yellow walks in with Spinel still on her shoulder. Spinel looks at Y/N noticing his swollen red eyes. She quickly hops off Yellow's shoulder and runs up to Y/N holding his cheeks in her hands. The Diamonds begin a Conversation as the two talks.

Spinel: Dolly What's wrong? Are you okay?

Y/N: *softly smiles* Yeah.

Spinel: What happened?

Y/N: I-it's nothing.

Spinel: Y/N, please.

Y/N: *looks down* I-I don't know what's going on anymore.  This thing, it's changing me. Spinel, I'm scared the gem is taking over.

Spinel: What? *she holds his hands* Y/N what do you mean?

Y/N: On the way here Doc and I came across her old crew. They fused and tried to attack us, but *he looks at his hands* something took control. I knocked them out of their fusion, and when Doc looked at me she saw that my eyes had diamonds in them *he feels a lump form in the back of his throat* and when we fought the bismuth...I... I tried to shatter her. *she looks at him with concern* I don't know anymore...I *he's cut off by Spinel kissing him*

Spinel: Whatever's happenin' to you, *she smiles at him* will face it together. *she wraps her arms around him multiple times* I got your back ya goof. *he smiles and returns the hug*

Yellow: Y/N?

Y/N: *The two look up at her* Yeah Yellow, what's up?

Yellow: I just wanted to say...*looks away* I'm sorry.

Y/N: *the two look at her shocked and Y/N begins to laugh* Aw Yellow~ You're getting soft on me!

Yellow: Excuse me!? 

Blue, Spinel, and Y/N begins to laugh as Yellow gets agitated. 

~In a Dark Room Somewhere~

Prism: It appears the synthetic's mental state is deteriorating. It's going to become unstable, uncontrollable-

Red: *Walks into the room, her gem shines against the monitors light revealing it's deformities* What's the status on the synthetic?

Prism: O-Oh,  It's discovering n-new abilities surprisingly fast. One of my drones were able to document the fight before we arrived. *she pulls up a video of him fighting the bismuth* It appears he has no real control over them, as of right now he has enhanced strength and agility. He is able to bubble but In certain circumstances, more diamond-based abilities show through. 

Red: *watches Y/N poof the bismuth on the monitor and smiles* Good.

Prism: Huh?

Red: I want him to learn more about his abilities. *grits her teeth and smiles* I want a fair fight. Continue observation on the runt. 

Prism: Y-yes my jasper...

Red: Excuse me?

Prism: my apologies... my Diamond.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.3K 751 18
๐—” ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐˜๐˜†... ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐˜? ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ! ๐—œ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—œ'๐—บ ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ...
7.3K 306 17
"Maybe Beach City will be the break I need." Placed after 'Steven Universe' and before 'Steven Universe: The Movie'. Sequel already available!
69.6K 1K 21
This is a one shot, which means each chapter is a story where you end up with a character from the series. The movie doesn't belong to me either does...
81.3K 1.5K 39
you are a gem living in little homeworld, recovering from years of corruption on earth. but thanks to the newfound peace obtained from Steven himself...