Let's Love Tonight

By fallingheartsxx

BOOK 2 of the Let's Hurt Tonight series. More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Author's Note

7

14.3K 295 43
By fallingheartsxx

Sorry, this chapter took me forever to write omg. I literally wrote it, hated it, then deleted the whole thing only to repeat the process like 5x.

...

Amelia

I'm in a daze as I change out of my graduation dress and into shorts and a sweatshirt. I can't believe I graduated today and I can't believe that Harry showed up. I honestly thought that he wouldn't either because he was busy or because he felt awkward coming. But either or it warms my heart knowing he came out all this way to see me on a day that meant so much.

I step out of my room and vaguely hear my siblings conversing with Harry downstairs. My family took us all out for a late lunch after graduation and then afterwards we came home to change and relax for the night. Harry was initially going to go back to the City where his hotel is but I told him to stay and spend the night with us. Mom offered to make up the spare room, but Harry and I secretly know that he won't be staying there. 

I walk downstairs and find Harry in the den with my siblings while a mindless show plays not he television. All of them look exceptionally comfortable in sweats, including Harry. It's hard to believe we were all so dressed up less than an hour ago.

"Amy, do you believe in ghosts?" Mikey asks me as I lean in the doorway.

"Is that what you guys are talking about?" I ask, amused.

Mikey nods.

"James and Charlie said they're not really but I've seen some spooky activity recently,"

"Is that so?" I ask him.

"Yeah. I think our house is haunted," Mikey says.

I roll my eyes.

"The house is only haunted by the likes of you lot," I half-tease. "Now if you don't mind, I'd like to borrow Harry for a minute,"

Charlie and James giggle as Mikey pouts at my response. I grin lightheartedly as Harry stands up from the chair he was in and follows me as I walk into the living room. I take a seat on the tan couch, facing the other end where Harry sits.

We sit in silence for a couple of seconds, neither of us knowing what to say right now. We hadn't conversed that much after our initial greeting, both of us knowing we needed to have a heavier conversation. We spent the majority of lunch just silently holding hands while my parents kept most of the conversation going. 

"I'm sorry," Harry breaks the silence. He looks at me with a downtrodden expression. "I know I explained it all in the letter, but I still feel guilty about everything that happened. I shouldn't have believed Shannon and I should have talked to you instead of shutting you out like I did,"

I smile sadly, remembering that night. I tried my best to block it from my memory but it still haunts me in a deep part of my brain.

"I know you were upset. I would have been too," I tell him, quietly.

"Maybe, but I was just so...in my head. I don't know how I could have been so thick headed to think you'd use me,"

I shake my head.

"I get it, Harry. Really. In the heat of the moment it probably came across as that," I say. I sigh. "I should have just told you about my paper from the beginning. I only held off because I wanted it to be perfect when you read it. I kept changing my wording until the very last moment,"

Harry smiles at me.

"I thought it was beautiful. I read it several times that night and then again in the following days. I don't mind that you didn't tell me initially," he says. "When - when did you know you wanted to write about me?"

I bite my lip as I think. I think deep down I always knew it would be Harry. That thought crossed my mind several times as I got to know him. As I fell in love with him the urge got so strong to the point where I knew that I couldn't write about anyone else. It always came back to Harry.

"California," I answer, firmly. I smile as I remember my visit. "It was the first night we slept together. Not sexually, but New Years Eve when you asked me to spend the night with you. I was so happy and content and I knew then I was in trouble. I fell for you really hard that trip and on the way home, I spent the entire plane ride writing.

"I knew I loved you, however, when you came back for me over Christmas break. I was upset you didn't keep in contact with me, but it was like my world had come back together when I saw you again. I don't think I knew I was in love with you but looking back on it, I know I was,"

"That long ago?" Harry whispers. 

I nod. 

"Yeah. It just took me a while to come to terms with it," I admit. 

I know I've told Harry this all before in our heated argument, and I know I mentioned it briefly in my paper, but I get the sense that he needs to hear it again for his own sanity. There's something so personal about this profession and I think that Harry longs for those heartfelt moments. 

"I'm sorry if I rushed things," Harry tells me, softly. "I didn't mean to. I knew I loved you and it just slipped out one day,"

I shake my head. 

"It wasn't you, Harry. You just caught me off guard and I needed more time to figure myself out. I loved you when you told me but I just didn't know it, if that makes sense. I was scared," I tell him. "Besides, it was Shannon who really threw a wrench in it. I had formulated this plan that I was going to show you my paper over dinner or something and we'd have this nice moment,"

Harry frowns. 

"I'm sorry," he whispers. "Uh, Mitch told me you moved out,"

I scrunch up my nose at the memory of our quarrel.

"Yeah. It wasn't pretty. She....well she tried to paint you as this monster and I wasn't having it," I say, laughing slightly as to break up the tension I can feel forming between Harry and I.

"I didn't mean to cause this," he says. 

I look at Harry with a confused expression.

"Harry, you didn't cause anything. It was all her. She's always been kind of flighty and from the moment you and I met it's like she's been extra fake towards me. She's made comments about you finding someone better than me and just her whole attitude shifted. There was a big lead up towards me moving out but hearing her talk poorly about you and her trying to split us up really set me off," I explain.

Normally I wouldn't let a boy come in-between a close friendship of mine, but quite honestly I was already having issues with Shannon. I think we were trying to be closer than we were and it just wasn't working. I wish it didn't have to end like it did but honestly it's for the best that we go our separate ways. 

"I'm sorry, darling," Harry says with a frown. "Do you still have to pay the lease?"

"Yeah," I answer, sighing heavily. "Only until September though because that's when my lease is up. But if Shannon or the landlord finds another roommate then we'll sublet so I don't have to pay,"

"How about you let me pay it?"

My eyes widen at his proposal and I frantically shake my head.

"No way," I firmly state.

"I let you walk out, Amelia. I accused you of using me. The least I could do is pay your rent while you're not even living there. It's not fair that you have to pay when you aren't staying there,"

"It was my decision to leave the apartment, Harry. I'm not letting you pay. Legally, I'm bound to a contract to pay. I knew what I was doing when I walked out," I tell him.

"I just want to help. I'm your boyfriend after all," he says, but then his eyes quickly widens and his cheeks flush. "That is if you want me to be," he adds quietly. 

I smile at his nervousness.

"I would very much like you to be my boyfriend, Harry. I thought that was apparent from when I saw you earlier and our conversation just now," I tell him.

He shrugs.

"I was just nervous you would have changed your mind," he mumbles.

He averts his eyes but I scoot closer to him, gingerly taking his hands in mine.

"I meant what I said. I never stopped loving you. I was just hurt, but my heart was always yours," I tell him.

He looks back at me, a smile slowly spreading on his lips.

"That was sappy," he mutters, but by the look on his face I know he loves it. "You love me?" He asks.

I nod.

"Yes, I love you, Harry," I tell him.

"I love you too," he says as relief crosses his features.

I grin as Harry leans forward and presses his lips to mine. We mold perfectly together and move in sync, causing my heart to flutter. I missed him more than I thought possible. It doesn't even make sense how I could love someone as much as Harry. I didn't think it was possible.

Harry and I both break for air and rest our foreheads against each other. He giggles as he stares into my eyes.

"I've missed you so much," he whispers.

"I've missed you too," I say. "I'm really glad you came today. Thank you,"

"Of course. I promised I would. I was a little nervous you wouldn't want me there but it was worth the risk, my love,"

Harry pulls away slightly and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"Does this mean you forgive me?" Harry asks.

I roll my eyes jokingly.

"Yes," I tell him. "But Harry, if we fight again I don't want either of us to walk out on each other. I know we both technically did that but I realized I'd rather fight with you than be without you,"

Harry smiles and his cheeks turn the slightest shade of pink.

"Agreed. But I would just rather not fight," he says.

"Me too,"

My heart flutters as I look at Harry. I feel like a school girl sitting beside her crush in class.

Sighing, I stand up, pulling Harry with me since his hands are still in mine. 

"Come on," I say. 

"Where are we going?" he asks me, cocking his head to the side. 

I stand on my toes and kiss his neck. 

"We're going to go do what my siblings and I used to do after we fought," I tell him. "We're going to make a fort,"

...

So I have another Harry book coming lol

I KNOW I KNOW I already have two out (plus another two unfinished non-Harry books). My goal is to finish the non-Harry books soon and then see where I am with Let's Love Tonight and The Night We Met. I might finish one or both of them before publishing the new one because quite frankly it is super hard to update so many books at once and this new one needs A LOT of attention lol I'm so excited about it though. It might be my favorite so far oooo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 23.8K 58
**Karma always has a way of biting you in the ass** Deception, manipulation and lies ruined the high school romance between a popular and tries-too-h...
11.9K 2.9K 33
He's always been the boy with flowers in his hair. She's always been the one to put it there. A story about a boy who can write songs on a dime and...
298K 6.5K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
469K 19.7K 62
When a young prince is obliged to leave his castle in order to learn how to rule his kingdom properly, he realises the world is not how he imagined i...