ATLA- Faith's Story

smollpika tarafından

After becoming a young AirBending prodigy she decides to risk her life to run away with her best friend. She... Daha Fazla

Book 1 Chapter 1: In the Iceberg
Chapter 2: The Avatar Returns
Chapter 3: The Southern AirTemple
Chapter 4: The Warriors of Kyoshi
Chapter 5: The King Of Omashu
Chapter 6: Imprisoned
Chapter 7: Winter Solstice part 1~ The spirit world
Chapter 8: Winter Solstice Part 2~ Avatar Roku
Chapter 9: The WaterBending Scroll
Chapter 10: Jet
Chapter 11: The Great Divide
Chapter 12: The storm
Chapter 13: The Blue Spirit
Chapter 14: The FortuneTeller
Chapter 15: Bato Of The WaterTribe
Chapter 16: The deserter
Chapter 17: The Northen AirTemple
Chapter 18: The WaterBending Master
Chapter 20: The Siege Of The North Part 2
Book 2: Chapter 1: The Avatar State
Chapter 2: The cave of two lovers
Chapter 3: Return to Omashu
Chapter 4: The swamp
Chapter 5: Avatar Day
Chapter 6: The blind bandit
Chapter 7: The chase
Chapter 8: Bitter Work
Chapter 9: The Library
Chapter 10: The Desert
Chapter 11: The serpents pass
Chapter 12: The drill
Chapter 13: City of walls and secrets
Chapter 14: Tales of Ba Sing Se
Chapter 15: Lake Laogi
Chapter 16: The Earth King
Chapter 17: The Guru
Chapter 18: The crossroads of destiny
Book 3: Chapter 1: The awakening
Chapter 2: The Headband
Chapter 3: The painted lady
Chapter 4: Sokka's master

Chapter 19: The Siege Of The North Part 1

684 19 1
smollpika tarafından

Katara is set to spar with a young boy named Sangok. She eyes her opponent with a look of determination. Sangok looks at her with a frightened expression on his face, shaking slightly. He summons a globule of water, freezes it into an iceball, and fires it at her. Katara, however, is quick to melt the iceball and, turning around swiftly, bends a wave of water at him, which she proceeds to freeze, thus suspending Sangok in an icy trap.

Pakku: (Displeased.) Nice try, Pupil Sangok. (Sangok tries to break free.) A couple of more years and you might be ready to fight a sea sponge. (He unfreezes the ice; Sangok falls to the ground dazed.) Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara?

Faith: (Stands up straight.) I will.

Pakku looks at her and smiles as the two girls stand face to face. Katara only smiles widely and sends a stream at Faith. Faith ducks under it, Katara bends the water from behind Faith as the AirBender just backflips over it causing Aang to stare in awe. She lands and bends a large amount of water under Katara's feet causing her to loose balance. Katara gains balance and quickly tries to bend the water around Faith. She breaths in before out and quickly turns the water to icicles and sends them at Katara. Katara bends the ice to water and sends that at Faith. Faith raises herself on an ice pillar and charges at Katara. Katara tried to move away but Faith jumps off the ice pillar and lands in front of Katara. She holds multiple icicles above the two of them. She smiles deviously before swiping her leg knocking Katara down. Faith smiles in victory before turning the icicles to water and letting the water drop around them. Katara just pouts and crosses her arms.

Katara: (Laughs.) Beaten again. That's the fifth time in two days. (Faith helps Katara up.) Thanks Fifi.

Pakku: Faith, Katara you two have advanced more quickly than any student I've ever trained. (Faith and Katara smile brightly.) You two have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything. (Turns to Aang irritably.) Raw talent alone is not enough. (Aang lays on the ground with a lazy smile, floating Momo around on an airball above him.) Pupil Aang!

Aang: (Stops bending at the sound of his name; Momo lands on his head.) Yes, Master Pakku?

Pakku: (Sarcastically.) Care to step into the sparring circle? I figure since you've found time to play with house pets, you must have already mastered waterbending.

Aang: (Jumps off the ground with airbending.) I wouldn't say mastered, but check this out.

He twists around, bending some snow around him to make a snowman of himself, which Momo knocks over. Pakku and Katara wear similar expressions of disdain. Pakku shakes his head in disappointment, while Katara looks on in irritation. Faith just laughs while running over to Aang and bending the snow off of him and helping him to his feet.

The scene cuts to inside the chief's Royal Palace.

Arnook: The day we have feared for so long has arrived. The Fire Nation is on our doorstep. It is with great sadness I call my family here before me, knowing well that some of these faces are about to vanish from our tribe, (While saying this line, the scene flashes from Yue to Pakku to Hahn.) but they will never vanish from our hearts. Now, as we approach the battle for our existence, I call upon the great spirits. Spirit of the Ocean! Spirit of the Moon! Be with us! I'm going to need volunteers for a dangerous mission.

Sokka: (Rising from his seat.) Count me in!

Katara: Sokka...

Arnook: Be warned, many of you will not return. (Several Water Tribe men rise and walk forward.) Come forward to receive my mark, if you accept the task.

Arnook paints three red line marks with his fingers on one man's forehead. The man walks away, slightly sorrowful. Sokka steps forward and Arnook paints the same three marks. He begins walking away sadly and turns to look at Yue. After staring at each other for a few moments, Sokka continues walking. Yue averts her gaze, closes her eyes and begins crying.
The scene changes to outside the city where Aang is perched on a snow mound, holding his staff. Arnook approaches him.

Arnook: The stillness before battle is unbearable. Such a quiet dread.

Faith and Katara join them.

Aang: I wasn't there when the Fire Nation attacked my people. (Determined.) I'm going to make a difference this time.

Faith: (Determined as well.) When my people needed me I wasn't there, I'm going to help this time. I won't let what happened to them happen to you.

The scene changes to where Faith, Aang, Katara, Sokka, Appa and all the warriors are gathered at the wall. Something distant can be seen soaring toward the city from the horizon. Aang squints his eyes before realizing the object is a fireball. Sokka and Katara, look in terror. The fireball collides into the wall of the city, sending Team Avatar and several warriors flying back. The wall of the city, damaged, begins to fall apart.

Another fireball is being launched into the air. The fireball disintegrates a bridge within the city. A trebuchet operator launches another fireball into the air, which hits the wall.

Aang: Yip-yip!

He and Appa take flight, heading toward the fleet. Faith quickly jumps of the wall and free falls before catching herself with her glider and following Aang.

Appa grunts, Aang guides him, with a determined look on his face. Aang flies towards a single Fire Navy ship. Two fireballs are launched. The fireballs soar straight toward Aang, Faith flies up and jumps on Appa's head, she uses her glider to direct the fireball into an icy cliff side near the city.

Aang: We'll take it from here, boy.

He jumps down from Appa and flies downward on his glider onto the first ship. Faith quickly follows. Using airbending, he sweeps several trebuchet operators off their feet and leaps onto one trebuchet. An operator comes forward and slams a sledgehammer onto the machine, nearly striking Aang who manages to back-flip away. He stands on top of the contraption, two more operators approach him from opposite directions, each holding a sledgehammer. The one on his right brings the sledgehammer down proceeded by the one on his left. He jumps into the air, avoiding both blows and completely collapses the trebuchet with his glider and the use of airbending. He lands onto the deck, triumphant. Faith runs over to an unoccupied trebuchet, already loaded with a flaming boulder. She sticks a sledgehammer in another launcher's chain. When a soldier approaches Aang, Faith blasts him away, activating the catapult which launches the fireball straight into the deck, leaving a large hole. Aang runs past two operators who quickly chase after him. He arrives at two trebuchets, one before him and one behind him, and tangles their chains together. He leaps onto the machine before him as the soldiers approach and slams his foot onto the pedal that activates the catapult. The catapult lunges forward, causing the second trebuchet to collide into the first, destroying both. Smiling happily, Aang and Faith proceed to another machine. A burly man observes them evilly. Aang prepares to strike the machine with a sledgehammer only to turn around and catch sight of the man who attempts to land blows from afar with two sledgehammers, each attached to long chains. Aang jumps out of the way of several blows. Faith ducks the sledge hammer and uses her hands to send her back causing her to smash into a wall. She falls onto the floor and sits up rubbing her head. The man swings the chains around. Faith quickly tries to run but two chains wrap her, thus trapping her. She struggles to break free.

The soldier is suddenly knocked over by Appa's paw. The chains snap and Faith breaks free. Aang runs up to her and holds her arm he looks at her and smiles to see she is fine.

Aang: (Brightening.) Appa!

Appa leans over the deck of the ship and tosses the man overboard before turning to Aang and Faith who run over and embrace him.

Faith: Thanks for the rescue, Appa!

Their expressions of relief become ones of alarm when the ship begins to rumble. An undamaged trebuchet collapses when a gigantic spike of ice pierces straight through the hull and deck of the ship. Dozens of Water Tribe warriors ride on boats, who are using waterbending to suspend the ship. An entire ship is suddenly being uprooted. Appa stands on the sloping deck, the ruins of machinery sliding downward past them. He, Faith and Aang take off. An entire fleet soon comes into view, the ships large in quantity.

Aang: (Shocked.) You've got to be kidding me...

Faith: (Angrily.) There's so many!

Appa appears over the horizon, flying toward Yue and Katara.

Katara: Faith, Aang!

Faith and Aang land on the ground, exasperated. The two approach them.

Aang: (Clearly exhausted, placing his hands on his head.) I can't do it... I can't do it.

Katara: What happened?

Faith: (Dimly.) We must have taken out a dozen Fire Navy ships, but there's just too many of them. I'm sorry we can't fight them all.

Yue: (Pleadingly.) But, you have to. You're the Avatar.

Faith: (A little annoyed at what she said.) He's just one kid. Besides he hasn't mastered his avatar state. We did our best I'm sorry.

Aang buries his face in his arms. Faith kneels down beside him in an attempt to comfort him.

Yue: The legends say the moon was the first waterbender. (Faith, Katara and Aang standing on a balcony, looking up at the sky.) Our ancestors saw how it pushed and pulled the tides and learned how to do it themselves.

Katara: I've always noticed my waterbending is stronger at night.

Faith: Me too.

Yue: Our strength comes from the spirit of the moon. Our life comes from the spirit of the ocean. (Aang has a dull expression on his face.) They work together to keep balance.

Aang: (Brightening.) The spirits! (Raises head, startling Momo.) Maybe I can find them and get their help!

Yue: How can you do that?

Katara: (Approaching her.) The Avatar is the bridge between our world and the Spirit World! Aang can talk to them!

Yue: (To Aang.) Maybe they'll give you the wisdom to win this battle!

Aang: (Waves arms out in gesture.) Or maybe they'll unleash a crazy amazing spirit attack on the Fire Nation! (The three girls look at him oddly; Aang looks at them and straightens up.) Or wisdom. That's good, too.

Katara: The only problem is, last time you got to the Spirit World by accident. How are you going to get there this time?

Yue: (Smiles.) I have an idea. Follow me.

She begins walking away. Yue stands by a small, round wooden door, Aang approaching close behind.

Aang: (Walking up to the door.) So, is this the way to the Spirit World?

Yue: (Laughs.) No. You'll have to get there on your own. (Leans inward.) But I can take you to the most spiritual place in the entire North Pole. (Opens the door.)

Aang steps inside. A small verdant oasis lies ahead, a waterfall flowing directly behind it. Aang gasps in amazement.

Aang: (Runs to the back of the oasis and rolls around on the ground.) I never thought I'd miss grass this much!

Katara: (Approaching the oasis.) It's so warm here! How is that possible?

Faith: It's the center of all spiritual energy in their land.

Yue and Katara remove their coats. There are two fish, one black and one white, swimming about in the pond. Momo sticks his hand in the pond and tries to grab the two fish in the water. The two girls stand over him, looking rather irritated.

Aang: You're right, Yue. I can feel... something. It's so tranquil.

Aang gets into his meditating position while Faith sits next to him.

Faith: (To Aang.) Before you try to get into the spirit world, you need to know. I'm going with you.

Aang: (Turns To Face Faith.) But you cant bend in the spirit world.

Faith: (Smiles.) I'm still going, where you go I go. We're a team, Aang.

Aang: The best team. (Closes his eyes.) Okay, I'll see you there.

Faith closes her eyes following Aang. Aang and Faith are meditating, Katara and Yue are watching them.

Yue: Why are they sitting like that?

Katara: They are meditating, trying to cross over into the Spirit World. (Aang scrunches up his face in concentration.) It takes all their concentration.

Yue: Is there any way we can help? (Faith Closes her eyes tightly.)

Aang: (Angrily.) How about some quiet? Come on guys, I can hear every word you're saying!

Aang Closes his eyes once again and faces Faith. She breaths in deeply as he follows. His eyes and tattoos begin to light up.

In the spirit world.

Faith opens her eyes quickly and looks around her. She spots Aang looking off into the distance. She slowly gets up and approaches Aang from behind, she hesitates but touches his shoulder. He turns around quickly and smiles warmly at her.

Aang: (Calmly.) Hey Faith, are you okay? Coming into the spirit world can be weird at first.

Faith: Well I've technically already been here but it's nothing like last time. (Smiles widely.) I feel great! I've never felt so close to the earth before.

Aang: (Places his hand on her shoulder.) Some spirits can be dangerous. I want you to be careful okay?

Faith: Of course I will.

Aang quickly pulls her into a large hug, embracing her. He sighs calmly as he feels the warmth of her touch on his, he felt happy to be able to hug her after a hundred years. Faith smiles as her face is hidden in his chest.

Words: 2355

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

343K 13K 25
Sam has been thrown into the world of the Avatar. After being tossed back and forth between the Gaang and her kinda-ish boyfriend, Zuko, she's now ba...
127K 2.1K 39
The war is finally over but Aang is heart broken after seeing Katara and Zuko together. To avoid the pain, he makes a decision.
8.9K 397 51
Elora found herself burdened by the weight of her destiny as the Avatar, a role thrust upon her at a tender age. The duties and responsibilities chip...
5.6K 192 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...