Treating Mr. Billionaire

By Newmagical

[FORMERLY KNOWN AS 'MY HEALER'] A business arrangement between a personal doctor and her billionaire patient... More

~ Prologue ~
~ A/N ~
~ 1 ~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~6~
~7~
~ 8~
~9~
~ 10 ~
~ 11~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ 30 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~
~ 33 ~
~ 34 ~
~ 35 ~
~ 36 ~
~ 37 ~
~ 38 ~
~ 39 ~
~ 40 ~
~ 41 ~
~ 42 ~
~ 43 ~
~ 44 ~
~ 45 ~
~ 46 ~
~ 47 ~
~ 48 ~
~ 49 ~
~ 50 ~
~ 51 ~
~ 52 ~
~ 53 ~
~ 54 ~
~ 55 ~
~ 56 ~
~ 57 ~
~ 58 ~
~ 59 ~
~ 60 ~
~61~
~ 62~
~63~
~64~

~ 15 ~

6.4K 402 20
By Newmagical

It was a whole new world. The night was full of posh people and glamorous places. Everything was grand and opulent and Maria felt herself become overwhelmed by the lavish decorations. The only factor that concealed the fundamental fact that she did not belong in this new extraordinary world was her changed appearance influenced by another rich ass. He had splashed upon her a sum of money her salary for the next couple of years would never suffice. And now, she was dressed in the most expensive dress that would ever be in her closet.

She could feel the green dress hugging her frame, the soft feel of the silk fabric, the breeze of the night brushing through her exposed skin from the plunging back design of the gown, and how long her legs looked with the slit at the front and the gorgeous heels making her seem taller than usual. Her fingers caressed gently over the smooth texture of the silky material as they moved further across the place.

The moonlight shone through the thin layer of clouds casting a soft glow over the sky and glimmering upon the majestic party below. The outdoor setting provided an elegant ambiance that was fitting for such a lavish event. The party was thrown in the garden of a five-star hotel that overlooked the city lights. The surrounding was colorful with various flowers blooming all around; the trees cast shadows on the ground, making it seem like they were floating. The gardens spread out in front of them as far as the eye can see, leading to the large pool which was surrounded by lounge chairs and tables. A band played classic music somewhere in the distance, accompanying the boisterous voices of the partygoers who were dancing and enjoying themselves to the fullest.

The guests were mostly famous faces from the entertainment and business industries. The kind of people that had celebrities as fellow friends. Some of them were the owners of popular brands which had a large number of followers. This was a gathering of the elite and the rich, the ones whose lives were defined by luxury and extravagance. They were dressed in extravagant attire, which included outfits from expensive brands and gowns of the purest silk. Back in the dressing room in the boutique, Maria was thinking she was overdressed for the party and no one had to tell her how wrong her suggestion was now.

Her stomach twisted in knots as she took in the extravagant setup. The place wouldn't have been so nerve-wracking if the party peeps weren't stealing glances their way.

Maria expected stares and whispers considering who she was walking with but she didn't expect such intense scrutiny and wasn't prepared for that kind of attention. Their entrance was so manifested despite how slow and quiet they walked. The tension filling the place had her glancing down at her black heels and hoping not to slip or do something embarrassing that would stay in her memory for the rest of her life.

As stupid as it might sound, she wished to turn around and run away back to the safety of her home but she knew that wouldn't be possible.

The familiar woodsy cologne brushing her nostrils every now and then always reminded her she was not alone, making her feel she would have gotten lost in such a foreign place if not for the man beside her.

At the thought of that, she turned her face and glanced up to look at Jayden. His usual confident expression and straight posture gave her the reassurance she needed, that everything was going to be fine.

It was kind of hard to admit, but she would swallow her pride and acknowledge the fact his presence gave her strength, including the way their arms were looped together. She was sure he was aware of the scrutiny and the people staring at them but he didn't seem bothered by it.

Jayden sensed her discomfort and took notice of her stiff posture and tensed muscles. He met her blue eyes for the briefest second before throwing his gaze straight ahead. "You do not need to be nervous, just relax and you'll be fine." His voice came in low tones, his words meant only for her ears even though he wasn't looking at her.

Maria nodded faintly. She didn't doubt his words but the reality of being surrounded by strangers was not very easy to ignore. She kept her head lowered to avoid bumping eyes with any of them, and the light squeeze of her arm had her returning her eyes back to him.

"What are you afraid of? I am right here." Jayden whispered in her ear, his warm breath meeting her cheeks, and his body heat seeped through her clothes and skin.

Maria swallowed heavily as she stared into his deep brown orbs. She had never seen someone look that good before. Everything about him was seductive, but in a darkly intimidating way, especially now that he was putting on a tuxedo and not the casual hoodie he normally wore at home. His appearance looked more refined with his hair styled away from his face and swept beneath his ears. He was worth more than a million dollars, literally.

They made their way among the crowd, stepping over the scattered rose petals along the path. The smell of the flowers filled the air and Maria inhaled deeply, trying to get used to the sensory overload. Her mind wandered back to the reason she was there. Jayden had shared a short explanation on their way to the party. The two conclusions he had made were that her presence was to chase off other women from bothering his already perfect single life while the other one, which she was yet to understand, was to avoid an unfortunate situation from occurring.

They reached a grand table adorned by candlelights and centerpieces, where Jayden pulled out a chair for her. Maria acutely noticed how smoothly he was doing as a fake partner. She sat down nonetheless, placing her purse on the table before her and he settled himself opposite her.

Once they were seated, their table received a lot of visitors who came to pay respect to Jayden. They all offered toasts, the majority spoke briefly with him before moving to the buffet line while very few hung around for longer periods.

Maria listened to the conversations silently. She could feel the stares upon her and knew they were all wondering what she was doing with Jayden. The attention made her uncomfortable and she kept her focus on the table to avoid bumping eyes with any of them. She was glad Jayden was not a talkative person. He didn't entertain conversation with anyone but listened attentively, nodding occasionally and shaking hands when necessary.

The crowd of visitors thinned out until only the few who stayed behind were mingling happily. Maria watched as Jayden conversed with several men who approached him, exchanging pleasantries before moving on. Their discussion was interrupted when applause broke in as the hostess was welcomed to the event.

Jayden was first to acknowledge the cheers, his eyes traveling beside Maria's frame. He watched the other person enjoy the spotlight, with his arms crossed, refusing to clap. Maria watched him closely and the slight frown on his features fuelled her curiosity. She twisted her neck, driving her sight toward the scene that was receiving a lot of attention.

Maria found the source of attention to be a young woman, her skin glowing as she gracefully walked toward the stage. She held a surreal beauty about her, her long dark hair flowing behind her shoulders like a silk veil. The woman wore a white dress with a plunging neckline that revealed a generous amount of cleavage. Her full lips glistened with a shiny gloss and the deep eye shadow accentuated her striking green eyes.

Maria watched transfixed as the lady moved and all she could think about was how gorgeous she was. The crowd erupted in more cheers, clapping and whistling when the pretty hostess climbed up the stage.

The lady waved at everyone with her two arms stretched out above her head while smiling brilliantly at the audience. She removed the microphone from its stand and began to speak, her voice rich and melodic. "Good evening everyone. I am so honored to have you all here and I appreciate each of you for joining me tonight." She greeted, her dimpled smile never fading once. "This is a special night for us because we are unveiling a new product today. Our newest product, a lip balm enriched with Vitamin E to provide nourishment and moisture for your lips. It will also protect it from the sun and keep it soft and supple all year round!" Her words were followed by a thunderous clapping that echoed through the garden.

Maria found herself clapping, impressed by the presentation. The product sounded good, and the hostess's charm was truly captivating. A fan of lip balms, Maria was thrilled by the idea of having a new one to try. She would definitely look for it the next time she went shopping.

Her eyes went back to her date and found Jayden sitting quietly, looking unimpressed, unbothered, and uninterested. He stared at the stage, his arms crossed, and was not applauding or cheering like everyone else. She stole a peek at his face to see if there was anything wrong but saw nothing except displeasure. She wondered why he was so unresponsive and yet again, it was not that surprising considering his personality.

Maria sighed lightly, sipping her fruit juice; a beverage choice she had purposely made to avoid Jayden having any form of liquor. Accompanying him to the party was not a bad idea, after all, she could monitor her patient's behavior and keep an eye on his health at the same time.

The hostess continued speaking again and Maria shifted her attention. The lady lectured the guests more about the benefits of using the lip balm and how it would be sold at a special price only for them. "...We are delighted to offer you a gift bag containing a tube of the product plus an additional three free samples to keep you moisturized all through summer." She expressed, and her words were already being carried out by the workers walking around the rows of tables with a tray holding different gifts.

The crowd cheered as they received the gift bags. Maria looked at hers and smiled at the generousness of the hosts. She pulled off the lid of the small box, revealing a small tube of the new lip balm. Maria took it out, examining the packaging of the product before lifting her gaze to Jayden, who didn't bother picking up his from the table. He did not even try to hide his dislike towards the entire proceedings.

The lady with the microphone waited for her cue to speak again, proudly watching the crowds receive the items with great excitement. "I'm sure you are wondering where you can get this amazing product," she said, standing straight with a hand behind her back and Maira had her eyes glued back to the stage. "Well, it will be available at most stores and supermarkets starting tomorrow." The woman's crinkling eyes scanned the audience as she gave her information with delight. "And if you do not wish to go anywhere, have no worries, because it will be available exclusively at our online store..." Her voice trailed off when her gaze found the strange face seated by the VVIP table reserved for the Stanleys.

Maria's features stiffened with self-consciousness as she realized the hostess' attention was focused on her. The lady clenched her teeth and Maria could also notice the way her dark brows pulled slightly above her intense stare. Her jade green gaze moved, rising above Maria. It came in contact with Jayden before expressing a deeper frown as if she was conveying a secret message to him. Maria followed her eyes and found Jayden watching the stage, his eyes fixated on the speaker. His lips were pursed with an unreadable expression but he seemed to understand the woman's words.

Maria turned away, confused by both their behavior. She heard the hostess clear her throat and apologized for losing focus. "Do not mind me, everyone. I became tongue-tied when I realized who else is gracing us with his presence. I know you all already know who I am talking about." She stopped briefly, scanning the crowd, and her gaze returned to Jayden with a soft beam. "To our distinguished guest, Jayden Stanley, thank you for your graceful appearance." She bowed her head slightly, and Jayden inclined his chin, acknowledging the hostess' words.

"Thank you," he replied with a faint voice. His reply was barely audible, almost like a whisper, and Maria knew there was no way anyone in the audience could hear what he said. He waved at the clapping guests though, his gesture so small that Maria might have missed it, and she wondered if that was his best attempt at being polite.

The hostess' attention shifted to her before driving away from their table, and Maria felt herself stiffen with discomfort. "A big thank you to all of you for making this possible and supporting us by coming here to celebrate with us tonight. I hope everyone has unlimited fun and makes this night memorable." She paused to receive a glass of wine from a waiter and raised her drink high. She smiled brightly before continuing. "I remain the hostess of tonight's event, Ashley. Let us now drink to a successful launch of the newest addition to our collection. A toast to good health, wealth, prosperity, and success! Cheers!" Ashley celebrated in her brightest tone and lowered her arm to drink.

Everyone followed suit, the clinking of glasses filling the air as they prepared to dine and drink. The party began with renewed enthusiasm, music blaring and flashing lights flooding the garden and the guests.

*** 

Hello, fam! I hope everyone has been enjoying 'TMB' so far. I know this is surprising but this book is back to Wattpad. Why? I obviously felt empty without my Wattpad readers. Therefore, I will be canceling my 'pay-to-read' offers and also will try my best to make this book available for free on Wattpad and other platforms. 

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 5.5K 93
"So, ready to make your wish?" I smiled, though my stomach was doing flips. He sighed miserably. "This would be the most weirdest request anyone has...
626K 22.6K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...
99.6K 2.5K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
742K 49.9K 97
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...