Pretty Rich Boys

grraciie_ által

Kara Wynters is not rich. But lucky for her, she is a musical prodigy. By the age of six, she could play mor... Több

P R E F A C E
C H A R A C T E R S
A E S T H E T I C S
part i.
part ii.
part iii.
part iv.
part v.
part vi.
part vii.
part viii.
part ix.
part x.
part xi.
part xiii.
part xiv.
part xv.
part xvi.
part xvii.
pat xviii.
part xix.
part xx.
part xxi.
part xxii.
part xxiii.
part xxiv.
part xxv.
part xxvi.
part xxvii.

part xii.

82.2K 2.9K 6.8K
grraciie_ által

The Briarwood music room was always empty during lunchtimes. Most students fled the school in search for exquisite cuisine or just a simple break. Those who stayed either flocked to the school dining hall, the library or the courtyard. 

I, however, stayed here. It was my happy place, surrounded by so many beautiful instruments. And now it had become a little more happier with the new addition of two more. 

"Hey Sebby," Auggie says from where he sat at Mr O'Flanagan's desk, eating sushi from a ceramic china platter. He holds up a piece with his chopsticks and scrutinises the pink salmon on top of the rice, "Do you think fish get angry?" 

"Do I look like fucking national geographic to you?" Seb scoffs from where he stood on the top level of the floors, staring out one of the windows at the ground below. 

"I think they get angry." Auggie decides for himself as he throws the sushi piece in his mouth and chews. He pauses when he sees me staring at him with a small amused smile, "What's your opinion, Kara?" 

"I don't really have one." I shake my head from where I sat at the piano and glance down at the keys, "But I'm sure all creatures have the ability to feel anger." 

"I've never seen you angry, Kara." Sebastian smirks at me from across the room, "Do you blush like you do when you get flustered?" 

"I don't blush." I scoff as I glance at Auggie to see him chuckling silently at me, "I don't!" 

Auggie puts his hands up in defence, "I never said anything." 

"Well, I think it's cute when you blush." Seb replies cheekily as he turns and walks towards me. With the afternoon sun filling in through the windows behind him, it gave him a certain golden halo. He looked like an angel coming to save me from this shithole of a world. 

"And I think it's cute when you shut up." I retort with a smirk of my own as Sebastian snorts and runs his tongue over the bottom of his lip in amused frustration. I then glance over at Auggie who's cheeks were adorably puffed out with rice, "Why are you guys here anyway?" 

"I told you, we're here for lunch and a show." Auggie explains with a small shrug, "You're the main act." 

I roll my eyes and run my hands over the keys of the piano, "I'm not a juke box, Auggie. But I mean, if we're talking money then I wouldn't exactly be opposed to playing for you." 

"Smart girl." Auggie smirks at me as I press on every key along the piano and Sebastian takes a seat on the leather bench beside me. He takes his hands out of his pocket and places them on the keys. 

"I can play too." He says with a smirk as I glance from his hands up to his turquoise eyes. They reminded me of those widen lagoons that many travel-bloggers search for all over the world. They were almost magical in a way. 

"Oh yeah?" I ask as Sebastian nods with a cocky smirk. He then starts pressing keys with one finger. I then laugh when I recognise the tune, "Yankee doodle, seriously?" 

"I'll have you know that I went to eight piano lessons just to learn that." Sebastian says matter-of-factly as I can't help but laugh, roll my eyes and then lean forward, resting my forehead against his bicep. "Well, how do I even know you're that good at piano either." 

"Is that a challenger, Mercer?" I say, my laughter instantly sobering as I pull back and glare up at him. I clear my throat, roll my neck around and hover my fingers over the keys. I then glance at Sebastian out of the corner of my eye, "You might want to back up." 

"Oh really?" Sebastian smirks as he slides to the edge of the bench. 

I take in a deep breath before I start to play "Flight of the Bumblebee". I had learnt it when I was about twelve. I had heard it in a movie and that's all I wanted to learn to play for a couple months. My piano teacher had no choice but to learn some of it and help me. He didn't even know how to play it either. 

I literally practiced until my fingers cramped. 

I could see Sebastian's shocked expression from the corner of my eye as I let muscle memory take over. I couldn't help but grin and I lick my lips, trying to hide my arrogance. I usually don't enjoy being cocky in my playing but when I sit people on their ass, such as right now, it makes my ego inflate like a fucking balloon. 

Breathing heavily, I finish the song and take my fingers away from the keys. I smirk cockily as I glance up at Sebastian's flabbergasted expression. 

"What...the fuck was that?" He asks as he lets out a breathy laugh and runs a hand through his hair, "Kara, that was incredible." 

"I didn't just get my scholarship for nothing." I chuckle as I brush my shoulders arrogantly. Auggie slowly stands from the teachers desk while applauding me with an amazed expression on my face. I wave at him, "Oh you're too kind!" 

"You're my idol, Kara!" Auggie says as he skips over and wraps his arms around me from behind, "You're going to play at my wedding, at my son's first, fifteenth and twenty-first birthday and at my funeral." 

"You're going to keep me around for that long?" I ask lightly as I turn my neck and glance up at him. 

"This friendship isn't a one-year trial, Kara. We're here for life." Auggie says as he puts a hand on Sebastian's shoulder as if including him. I glance at him hesitantly to see him smiling fondly at me with those big blue eyes. Don't look at me like that, Seb. 

"Sorry Auggie,  I just haven't had many friends before so I'm not sure how everything works. Music before anything else has always been my life motto of sorts." I explain with a small smile. 

Auggie shrugs slightly, "That's the same as Sebby; except it's girls, girls and—would you look at that—more girls." 

"Fuck off." Sebastian scoffs as he takes a whack at Auggie's arm who was chuckling at his passive-aggressive burn. It was known Briarwood-wide that Sebastian was some what of a...man-whore to put it into words. I didn't see any problem with it; his body, his choices. 

I mean, why not use the gifts you've got right? And by gifts I mean Sebastian incredibly charm and godly good-looks. 

And boy, does he know how to use them. 

"I should write up a contract!" Auggie suddenly exclaims while thrusting a finger in the air, "That way, you can't double-book yourself on my wedding day. I mean, that's if your not already my bride." 

I roll my eyes at Auggie's blatant flirtations as he skips back over to his brown leather messenger bag. I was laughing slightly at him as I turn my face to see Sebastian staring at me with an unknown 

He was obviously nervous about something, "Uh, what Auggie said, that's...that's not—"

"It's fine, Seb. If that's what you enjoy doing, then don't be ashamed of it." I smile softly at him as he returns it partially, "Seriously, for a handsome rich boy with literally everything in the world you're super insecure." 

He runs a hand through his hair anxiously, "I....I, uh, only feel it when I'm around you, Kara." 

"What?" I ask with a small smile and a confused frown. 

"Oh fuckity fuck fuck!" Auggie exclaims, side-tracking me for a while as I glance over my shoulder to see him standing above his bag. He had both hands on his head while staring down at a pile of paper, "This is my French Lit essay." 

"And?" Sebastian and I ask at the same time. 

"And if I have it here with me now, that means I accidentally gave my professor the first two chapters of my Mean Girls fanfic manuscript." Auggie explains as I can't help but start laughing at the fact that he wrote a fan fiction, "Oh shit." 

I couldn't stop laughing as I tilt my head back a little too much and end up leaning back against Sebastian, "This is too fucking funny!" 

"This is not a laughing matter, Kara!" Auggie panics as he quickly shoves the last of his sushi in his mouth and the paper back into his bag. He throws the cross-body strap over his shoulder. He then pauses and takes up a pose as if to convince us everything is under control,  "I...will see you two later!" 

And with that, Auggie takes off into a dead sprint out of the music room, leaving both Sebastian and I inside laughing our damn heads off. I wipe away the tears that had form as I double over. 

"Is he always like this?" I ask as I glance up at a laughing Sebastian. 

He nods, "Always is, always has been." 

"Your guy's friend-group must've be super chaotic when you were younger." I chuckle as I rest back on my hands and glance hesitantly at Sebastian, "Speaking of, what happened?" 

"Huh?" He questions, glancing up from his lap. 

"I mean, it seems everyone in Briarwood thinks of you and Scott as the bestest best friends. But from what I've seen, the two of you can barely stand to be in the same room as each other." I explain while tilting my head to the side in question. Sebastian lets out a hefty sigh.

He shrugs, "I guess...we use to be best friends." 

"Use to?" I push, my curiosity getting the better of me. I was so sick of being in the middle fo the awkward, deadly silence between the two of them. I needed to get to the bottom of this and hopefully, somehow without fucking everything up, help them. 

"Yup." He nods as he glances at me. Something flashes in his eyes as he smiles widely, "Has anyone told you that you look like a puppy-dog?"

Actually, yes. Your use-to-be-bestest-best-friend said that same thing. 

"You look quite adorable when you're trying to dig your nose into other's business." He says as he pats the top of my head. I scoff under my breath as I shoo his hand away and he chuckles, "Why do you even want to know about Scott and I?" 

"Ah, because I feel like going out of my goddamn mind whenever I'm with the two of you. It's so silent and creepy and frustrating." I sigh as I flatten the top of my brown hair that he had messed up with his hands. "The tension is not good for my stress." 

"There's no tension between us." He chuckles while shaking his head. 

"Oh yeah, because the way you don't talk to each other, you stand on opposite sides of the room and glare at each other totally doesn't make me believe that the two of you hate each other's guts." I say sarcastically as Sebastian's smile falters slightly and he averts his gaze. I reach out, put my hand on his shoulder and say, "...Seb." 

He glances up and once again reminded me of the little, broken boy he tries so hard to cover up with his smile and his money. I felt really sorry for him as I remember his words from the time we had Subway together 'it makes me feel more important'. 

Gah, my heart. Stop being so fucking soppy, Kara. 

"It's not just Auggie who wants to keep whatever this friendship thing is. Like I said I've never had friends before and it feels nice to have someone to smile at in the halls." I explain while staring deep into his eyes, "And I don't want to see it get ruined by whatever is happening between you and that cloud of darkness." 

The corner of Sebastian's lips tilt up in his usual lopsided grin, "Cloud of darkness?" 

"It's my nickname for Scott." I answer quickly as I brush through the air, "But anyway, at least help me understand what's going on. Even if it's just a little." 

"I...uh...shit." Sebastian curses as he runs another frustrated hand through his hair, "This is going to make me sound like such a fucking asshole." 

"Hey, I already think of you as one so I doubt it'll make a difference." I smile sweetly at him as he rolls his eyes and smiles. 

I'm a fucking boss at this whole comforting thing. 

"Scott and I have been friends since we were about five. We were literally joined at the hip and many people thought we were fraternal twins, believe it or not." He scoffs as he intertwines his fingers and rest his forearms on his his thighs. 

This golden angel and that ball of black being mistaken for twins? Oh yeah, sure, what's hard to believe? 

"Scott's mom left when he was about a couple months old so he's never really known her." Sebastian believes as my heart instantly squeezes. At least I got to be loved and cared for by a mother even if it were such a short while. Scott has never known a mother's touch. "But when he was about thirteen, his dad remarried." 

I heard about that. It was a pretty grand wedding and so many celebrities and a couple politicians showed up for the event. It was in all the tabloids and magazines. It was like a fucking royal wedding or something. I think I used one of those magazines as a coaster. 

"Farrah Cameron is a fucking piece of work." Sebastian scoffs while shaking his head and glancing down at his shoes, "She was twenty-four when she married into Scott's family and she always had a thing for younger men, if you know what I mean." 

My eyes widen in realisation, "Holy shit." 

"Nothing happened between her and Scott because he's her step-son for fucks sake. But I mean, that sure as hell didn't stop her from trying. Scott is obviously not a bad-looking guy but he's his father's son and Mr Cameron is a very cruel and cold man." He continues and I nod along, completely understanding. 

So he gets his prickly personality from his father? I got my father's two left feet and odd food-tastes such as oysters and peanut butter together. 

"Her obsession started after Scott past sixteen and really began to look like a man, y'know?" Seb asks and I can only nod while gulping so damn hard. I certainly knew what he meant about Scott looking like a man. He was every inch man. 

Oh calm down would you, Kara? 

Seb then proceeds to explain, "Scott wouldn't pay her the time of day but that just made her want him more. Scott began staying over at my house more and more and he barely ever went home. During the Cameron Christmas Charity ball last year, I got super fucking drunk." 

I cross one leg over the other, suddenly craving popcorn. This sounded like a plot in one of those K-dramas I watch on Netflix.  It's so much better than what's on cable and western television. Seb would definetly be the handsome, male protagonist that always gets the girl. 

"I don't remember what happened that night but I all I know is that one second I'm drinking a bottle of champagne and the next I'm waking up  butt-naked in Scott's bed." He explains as his fists clench in anger, "Then the following day, Scott barges into my house accusing me of sleeping with Farrah. She had sent pictures of us in bed together to him from my phone." 

"But you didn't sleep with her, did you?" I ask as my eyebrows furrow in confusion and worry. 

"That's the thing, I can't fucking remember Kara. The pictures were taken after our supposed-love making where I'm crashed out and Farrah's semi-naked body is against me." Sebastian says as he sighs out, "I could've very well fucked her." 

I screw my nose up at the crude wording of it, "But couldn't you have just told Scott that you couldn't remember?" 

"I tried to...but he was just so fucking pissed. Then I got pissed." He says as the situation becomes clearer to me, "So many words were said that either of us didn't deserve. I think I threw the first punch and we really started to tear into each other. He had to be removed by my family's security team. It took three fucking guys to get him out of there." 

"And you guys haven't spoken to each other since?" I question as Seb nods while staring down at the floor. I sigh out as I place a hand to his back, "Wow...that was some serious shit." 

Seb scoffs and rolls his eyes, "Thanks Kara." 

"Uh, sorry, I'm just still processing." I give him a sheepish smile as I pat his back softly with my palm, "Is there literally any chance that you guys can resolve this?" 

"I want to but...I said some really fucked up things to Scott that no one deserves." Sebastian sighs heavily as he leans back on his hands. 

"The both of you are still not over this. It's like a festering wound that neither of you have even attempt at healing." I explain as he glances at me out of the corner of his eyes, "At least just talk to him, Seb." 

"I can't believe you're a year younger than us. Why the hell are you so wise." Seb snorts while I grin brightly. 

"Despite Quinn being a super-genuis brat, I genuinely think I've just become the one working braincell in this friend group." I smirk cockily as Sebastian rolls his eyes while laughing. I felt like I had some sort of super-power being able to tell the difference between Sebastian's genuine smile and his fake one. 

It also felt like a super-power just being able to witness his real grin. 

We were chuckling together lightly as the door to the music room open. I glance up with a smile, hoping to see Auggie walking back in but instead it Lindsay and three of her friends. They pause they're conversations as they gaze over at us. 

"Hey Seb!" Lindsay greets with a huge smile, "I didn't know you were interested music as well?" 

"Oh no, I'm just interested in someone who plays it." Seb grins as he places an arm over my shoulder. Lindsay notices it and her chin juts out slightly like it usually does when she's angry. 

I roll my eyes, shrug his arm off and stand up "I need to go, Seb." 

"Where? I'll walk you." He asks as he rises to his feet as well. I step away from the bench and the piano and walk over to the chair that held my bag and Physics binder. Even though I had a free-period after lunch, I was wanting to go study for the mini-quiz on waves that would be taken in last period. 

Seb walks around the piano and over to me but Lindsay steps in his way. 

"Hey, did you hear the daddy bought a new yatch?" She asks while twirling a strand fo her red hair. She pushes out her large breasts trapped by the material of her pale blue blouse, "We're taking it out on the weekend and I was wondering if you wanted to come?" 

I slip my bag onto my shoulders as I glance at the two of them. Sebastian was staring at her head at me with his fake grin plastered across his face. 

I smirk, "Lindsay, why don't you show Seb the music composition you've been working on. I'm sure he'd love to hear you play the violin." 

"Really?" Lindsay explodes with bright green eyes as I walk towards the door. Sebastian glances from her to me with an amused, frustrated smirk as I walk backwards and begin making out with the door. Lindsay and her three friends all had there back to me so they couldn't see. "You really want to see me play?" 

And to think, making out with this air is the most action I've ever gotten. 

Sebastian's grin widens as he starts laughing at me, "...Sure." 

I grin cheekily and turn around, pulling the door and stepping out into the hallway. But of course, me being me, I end up closing the door a little too quickly and end up slamming my head on to the edge of the slab. Seb starts cracking up from inside the classroom as I glare at him over my shoulder before closing the door and heading towards the library. 

Nailed it. 

so we get a little insight into what's going on between scott and sebastian. 

did he or did he not sleep with scott's step-mom. what's your guy's opinions. 

i hope you enjoyed this update

hopefully i'll update soon!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

674 74 35
When all you can hear at night is screaming and seeing the cold pale faces of those you love, you try to escape and run away but you always come back...
128K 5.4K 24
❝Mysterious," he hummed in amusement. "I like it. Are you new then, mystery girl?❞ - High school is like a game of chess. You have to gamble the move...
109K 4.3K 49
*Story set in Japan* "You are not Nakanishimatsu Aya when you're going to that school, you're Matsuzaka Aya. No one should know your real identity,"...
The Academy greenmarisa által

Ifjúsági irodalom

262K 9.1K 41
Nicola has just transferred to Xavier Academy, an elite boarding school. She has begrudgingly left her familiar life in North Carolina for a prep sch...