TAINTED LOVE (Racer×CEO)

By Havanah_Reverie

Aurelia Hargrave - a, not-so-ordinary, twenty-four year old girl who thrives on illegal Street racing and has... More

Author's Note
Description
❄️ACHIEVEMENTS ❄️
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N [1]
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N [1]
S I X T E E N [2]
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I NE T E E N
WEDDING AESTHETICS
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E [1]
T H I R T Y O N E [2]
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O R T Y O N E
F O R T Y T W O
F O R T Y T H R E E
F O R T Y F O U R
F O R T Y F I V E
F O R T Y S I X
IMP. UPDATE
EPILOGUE
Book Sequel Alert!

T E N [2]

4K 176 112
By Havanah_Reverie

The topic seized right there. Rohanna came with a few of her friends - Cole's wife, Alicia, and Jason's wife, Emily. They were both sweet and kind and talked very fluently and acted gracefully; basically, they showed that they belonged to high class but never flaunted it.

But mostly, it was me talking to Rohanna and she informed me that she ranked in the Top Ten Highest Paid Entrepreneurs on Forbes last year.

We chatted a bit more as I told her about my occupation and she declared to extend financial assistance to renovate and expand the NGO. The moral of the story was we became good friends. And what made me connect to her was that she was experienced and successful, just like me.

Out of a sudden, I could hear Theodore speaking on the microphone and my heartbeat accelerated, "Good evening everyone. Firstly, I want to thank you wholeheartedly for attending today's special event which is indeed very close to my heart. I want to call my fiancée Aurellia Hargrave to share the ground with me and henceforth share my life."

Everyone applauded and cheered. I was left dumb stuck, not knowing what to do. I made my way towards him lifting my chin up in confidence, which kept increasing after each one.

Come on, be confident.

He held my hand and lifted it up in the air. A confused expression took over me as he continued his speech, "We are engaged and the wedding is in right seven days from now. Just a week." Realization soon dawned to me. He said the last part to me and planted his lips on my fingers, the one in which I held the ring. The feel of his lips lingered on my skin for a moment longer, much against my will.

I eyed him but then the crowd became wild and I could hear Rohanna and Christian shouting on top of their voices 'congratulations'. They could have just met us and wished.

Suddenly the lights dimmed and soft music started to play. The entire crowd applauded as couples started walking up to the center.

So here comes the dance with Theodore...

But I was proven wrong as Christian took my hand without any warning and dragged me to the center as well.

He said, "I'll guide you. You can step on my toes."

I gave him an unpleasant look and told, "Please, I am not Rohanna." And then we both burst out into fits of laughter.

'Photograph' by Ed Sheeran played as Christian put his one hand above my waist and held the other. We swayed in the music, slowly and I glanced around to see Theodore dancing with Rohanna and his friends with their wives.

"Welcome to the family." He smiled gracefully. I was so happy for he was going to be my family. I too beamed, without any hesitation.

Then the partners changed because Christian had to dance with Rohanna. My new partner was Adrian.

We danced but I felt an air of similarity engulf us. We were smiling, one which was always there on our face if we weren't sad. The faint and faded one. He was looking into my eyes but the distance between us was respectable enough. His gaze looked like he was unraveling something. I furrowed my eyebrows and raised them. I was confused.

"Are you happy?"

"Um... Yes, definitely." I replied but confusion shadowed my words and it came out as a question rather. Who knew this was coming? The intensity of his eyes was splitting my facade. I looked away.

"It doesn't look like it."

"What do you mean? " I asked defensively. "Don't you trust your friend?"

"I trust my friend. And I know that he would not marry anyone after meeting her for just a few days."

I chose not to answer him. He was weird. I looked at the other side waiting for the song to end.

He looked like he wanted to say something but then chose to say something else. "We are giving you our best friend. Take care of him and don't give up on him. He's a difficult person."

"Yeah...if only he does the same." I murmured under my breath.

"He would." His voice held confidence and confirmation.

The song ended and I could see Theodore coming up to us. "May I have a dance?" He said with his eyes trained on me and I couldn't say no. I wouldn't, even if I could.

His hand found the curve of my waist and I put my hand hesitantly on his shoulder. And when our other hands interlocked, I could feel the connection as a sudden wave of warmth spread around my heart.

'A thousand years' by Christina Perrie began and a shiver rippled down my backbone. I love this song!

We continued to dance as my eyes roamed around, glancing over Theodore once in a while. This was difficult then I thought, almost no distance between us.

"Look at me," I gulped visibly uncomfortable.

"Why?" I whispered.

"People are looking at us. And it seems that you'll run any moment if you were given an opportunity."

I stared at him silently questioning 'how dare he say that'. But somehow my anger melted when his hand started caressing my waist. His piercing eyes imprisoned my hazel ones.

His eyes were hard to read and decipher what they wanted to say which made me even more curious. Instinctively, I inched closer suddenly not being able to ignore their silent plea. Shining, livid emerald eyes shone at me with fierceness. The air around us became electric and my hands gripped his shoulder firmly for support. He was himself lost in a reverie.

"There is someone special you are left to meet." I heard him say in a low voice. I blinked furiously, taking a step back, awkwardly. My eyes looked around to find something which would help me find my way back to reality.

I nodded and walked with him. We approached an old lady as she was already awaiting us. Her grey hair was pulled into a French bun and she wore a baby pink gown. High but small cheekbones, thin lips, and wrinkled skin.

"Meet my mom."

I was about to speak but stopped. She looked deep into my eyes, holding my chin into her pricked rough hands, examining. Her eyes scanned my eyes for a brief moment and then wandered over my face and then my body till my toes. I held my breath and shot dumbfoundedly.

"Theo," she called her son.

Theodore shifted to her side and replied, "Yes Ma."

"She is the one." A wave of confusion blanketed his face as he too tried to scan me just like his mother but something was different. I was out of words as well as thoughts. The way she looked through me, piercingly as if she was touching my soul with her eyes, Theodore's was different. Blankly, different.

"Your eyes are very deep, honey. A perfect blend of earthy hues and autumnal leaves. And they tell so much history and they are... promising. So rare... and beautiful." She spoke softly and sweetly. I was left speechless.

***

The crowd started to cease eventually, while my energy also dropped, little by little. At last, we had our dinner after all the guests went home and I and Rohanna chatted and made plans on what could be updated and renovated in the NGO.

"You'll stay over at Theo's tonight, right?" Rohanna asked while preparing her next bite of noodles.

"Um... No, why?" I queried before I took a bit of my own.

"You don't know? I and Christian will be staying the night there and play cards or Truth and Dare maybe... Basically, we'll let Theo have the time of his life and enjoy his only bachelor days left."

"Oh."

"But, Truth and Dare? Seriously? Are we in middle school?" I chuckled at her absurd ideas. God only knows what they are going to do. I was sure, once they reached there, the first thing they'd do is take a flight to their rooms.

"Are you coming or not?" She asked exasperatedly.

"Um... No." He didn't invite me. And even if he did, I won't go. Why would I after all? I rather sleep like there's no tomorrow.

"Which means yes. You are coming." She declared.

"And who says that?" I countered back, very well aware that I am losing. She was one hell of a persisting pest. It didn't take much to discern that.

"Your best friend."

Did I even have a choice? *shrugs*

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...