๐‹ ๐ˆ ๐€ ๐‘ . รฉlite

By 16again

๐‹ ๐ˆ ๐€ ๐‘, ๐‹ ๐ˆ ๐€ ๐‘ ! in which lying gets inรฉs almero to the top but the truth will get her six feet und... More

๐„๐‹ ๐„๐‹๐„๐๐‚๐Ž
๐€๐‚๐“๐Ž ๐”๐๐Ž
๐ฎ๐ง๐จ
๐๐จ๐ฌ
๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ
๐œ๐ฎ๐š๐ญ๐ซ๐จ
๐œ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐จ
๐ฌ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ
๐ฌ๐ข๐ž๐ญ๐ž
๐จ๐œ๐ก๐จ
๐ง๐ฎ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž
๐๐ข๐ž๐ณ
๐จ๐ง๐œ๐ž
๐๐จ๐œ๐ž
๐œ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐œ๐ž
๐ช๐ฎ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž
๐๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ
๐๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ž๐ญ๐ž
๐๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ข๐จ๐œ๐ก๐จ
๐€๐‚๐“๐Ž ๐ƒ๐Ž๐’
๐๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ฎ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž
๐ฏ๐ž๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž
๐ฏ๐ž๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฎ๐ง๐จ
๐ฏ๐ž๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐๐จ๐ฌ
๐ฏ๐ž๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ
๐ฏ๐ž๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฎ๐š๐ญ๐ซ๐จ
๐ฏ๐ž๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐จ
๐ฏ๐ž๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ

๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐ž

2.6K 118 12
By 16again

L I A R.
act 1, scene 13

"HOW WOULD YOU describe your family life, Inés?"

"Fine." The small girl lied, pulling her hair out of her face and tying it in a pony tail. "Have you turned up the thermostat in here of something?"

Inés regretted asking when she saw the Inspector's eyebrows knit. That was it. Surely she would catch on to the lies now. Her hot flushes were caused by her overwhelming guilt, not the temperature of the room she was in.

But the Inspector shook her head and never mentioned the slip-up again.

──── O N E MONTH EARLIER

SATURDAY WASN'T WELCOMED with open arms by anyone in the Almero family. Luis had to spend another day behind bars, Madalena had to spend another day acting in front of the press and Inés' had to cope with the events of the last week and perform for the ambassador.

She looked at herself in the mirror with disgust. Her dress had been bought with blood money, and she wanted nothing more than to tear it off her body and rio it to shreds. She wouldn't do that though, as she knew her mother was one outburst from a complete breakdown, and if she had no dress, she couldn't do what she loved most.

The event was taking place at the ambassador's residence in Madrid, and after a car ride with her mother in which only a few words were spoken, Inés wanted to be anywhere but the galleries mansion in that moment.

Like every other party they went to, the women were greeted first by paparazzi and then by butler bearing tall champagne flutes for them to take. It wasn't long until Inés was told to socialise, which she reluctantly began to do once her mother walked away.

"Hola," Inés smiled as she noticed Marina across the room. Of course the Nunier's were in attendance, seeing as their patriarch was also in a prison cell.

"Finally!" Marina sighed as she embraced the girl, "I thought I'd have to make small talk with old people all night."

"How are you doing?" Inés asked with a small smile when they pulled away from their hug. She was sure the lack of a champagne flute in Marina's hand wouldn't go unnoticed by her peers, but it was easy enough to cover up the real reason she wasn't drinking.

"I haven't told them yet." She sighed with a short laugh, both pairs of eyes drifting over to Marina's mother and brother. "And I haven't told Samuel the truth yet, either."

"He needs to know." Inés urged selfishly, both girls ceasing conversing when they noticed Guzmán walking towards them.

"Buenos Tardes, Inés." He said miserably as he finished off the remainder of his drink and replaced his glass with another from the passing waiter's tray.

"Guzmán." Inés nodded in recognition of his arrival, though keeping her eyes locked with Marina's and not looking over at the boy.

"I'm surprised you had the nerve to show up." Guzmán noted, turning his nose up. "What, with the crazy stories leaking about your father's relationship with my mother?"

"Look-" Inés began as she finally faced him. His smirk didn't phase her, but she couldn't prevent her cheeks from flaring a bright read out of frustration. "Our families both have agendas being here tonight, so let's just pretend we don't hate each other's guts right now."

Guzmán's sneer softened as he looked down at the brunette beside his sister and heard her harsh words. "I don't hate you Inés." He mumbled.

"Well," She smiled, "Let's pretend I don't hate your guts right now then."

And that's what the three teenagers did. All night long they pretended like their friendships hadn't split apart - and that they were the same people they were six months ago. Every one of their parents' contacts that spoke to them would never have guessed they were at social war with each other, as they seemed naturally engaged in what the others had to say.

"Miss Almero?" A voice with an unfamiliar accent drew the attention of the three slightly tipsy teenagers away from the passing waiter's tray of champagne, as the lack of a Spanish dialect implied only one person at the event could be calling.

"Please," Inés had always been taught by her parents to act like she had know her social superiors for years, as they would respect being treated like a friend more than being covered in false praise and adoration. "Call me Inés."

The brunette turned to the two teenagers beside her with a forced smile and introduced them to the ambassador, "These are Laura Nunier's children: Guzmán and Marina."

"Hola," They both greeted in polite voices, also knowing to make a good impression (especially in times like those they were currently enduring).

"It's nice to meet you both." The ambassador smiled as he stuck out his hand for Guzmán to shake. Neither Inés nor Marina received a similar greeting, which didn't go unacknowledged by either of them. "What piece will you be playing tonight, Inés?"

"An aria from The Goldberg Variations." Inés replied with a genuine smile. Guzmán let out a small chuckle from beside her, the mood lifting slightly as both Nunier's children felt the joy Inés radiated when she spoke abut her music.

"Ah," The ambassador hummed in approval. "My wife's favourite composer is Bach. We should be paying you extra to play such a challenging piece."

Inés cringed slightly at the demeaning use of 'challenging, as she didn't like it when people questioned her skill, but let out a chuckle at his comment. "Paying me? I'm not a charity case."

The girl sipped on her champagne and waited for a response as the ambassador scrunched up his face, the Nunier siblings sharing hesitant looks at each other.

"I'd assume not seeing as you've made a €500 dent in my pocket." The ambassador laughed bitterly, failing to see the reasons Inés made the comment. "I usually don't have to pay more than half of what I paid your mother to have you perform tonight."

With a furrowed brow, Inés turned to look up at the frowning faces of the teens behind her, sympathy glazing over their eyes. The dread that pooled in the bottom of her stomach was a challenge to keep concealed, but she excused herself politely and went off in search of her mother.

Lies were the foundations the Almero family was built upon, and lies would be what tore them apart.

Her family had been exploiting her since she was a child and the worst part of the revelation was that Inés never doubted it to be false for a second.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
i hate this chapter so much just ignore that it even exists i just started writing it then couldn't bring myself to delete it i've procrastinated writing it so much i've finished the whole season before writing this so i didn't have to do it oopsies the ending is dirt because i just needed it to ENd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 334 8
carmuel based one shots from รฉlite.
83.3K 2.7K 40
In which a student of Las Encinas learns how to love, befriend, betray and hurt again. Netflix's ELITE Season 2. WARNING: Toxic relationships, drug...
84.8K 2K 24
in which Emilia returns to school, ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ก๐ข๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐. โ˜พ Lฬถiฬถeฬถsฬถ ฬถtฬถiฬถeฬถ ฬถuฬถsฬถ ฬถtฬถoฬถgฬถeฬถtฬถhฬถeฬถrฬถ, ฬถlฬถiฬถeฬถsฬถ ฬถtฬถeฬถaฬถrฬถ ฬถuฬถsฬถ ฬถaฬถpฬถaฬถrฬถtฬถ.ฬถ โ˜พ ...
237K 8.3K 25
โAlways the innocent are the first victims, so it has been ages past, so it is nowโž [GUZMรN x OC] [ร‰LITE: SEASON ONE] [BOOK ONE] [Disclaimer: I do no...