𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞

L I A R

L I A R.
act 1, scene 13

"HOW WOULD YOU describe your family life, Inés?"

"Fine." The small girl lied, pulling her hair out of her face and tying it in a pony tail. "Have you turned up the thermostat in here of something?"

Inés regretted asking when she saw the Inspector's eyebrows knit. That was it. Surely she would catch on to the lies now. Her hot flushes were caused by her overwhelming guilt, not the temperature of the room she was in.

But the Inspector shook her head and never mentioned the slip-up again.

──── O N E MONTH EARLIER

SATURDAY WASN'T WELCOMED with open arms by anyone in the Almero family

SATURDAY WASN'T WELCOMED with open arms by anyone in the Almero family. Luis had to spend another day behind bars, Madalena had to spend another day acting in front of the press and Inés' had to cope with the events of the last week and perform for the ambassador.

She looked at herself in the mirror with disgust. Her dress had been bought with blood money, and she wanted nothing more than to tear it off her body and rio it to shreds. She wouldn't do that though, as she knew her mother was one outburst from a complete breakdown, and if she had no dress, she couldn't do what she loved most.

The event was taking place at the ambassador's residence in Madrid, and after a car ride with her mother in which only a few words were spoken, Inés wanted to be anywhere but the galleries mansion in that moment.

Like every other party they went to, the women were greeted first by paparazzi and then by butler bearing tall champagne flutes for them to take. It wasn't long until Inés was told to socialise, which she reluctantly began to do once her mother walked away.

"Hola," Inés smiled as she noticed Marina across the room. Of course the Nunier's were in attendance, seeing as their patriarch was also in a prison cell.