Treating Mr. Billionaire

By Newmagical

[FORMERLY KNOWN AS 'MY HEALER'] A business arrangement between a personal doctor and her billionaire patient... More

~ Prologue ~
~ A/N ~
~ 1 ~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~6~
~7~
~ 8~
~9~
~ 10 ~
~ 11~
~ 12 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ 30 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~
~ 33 ~
~ 34 ~
~ 35 ~
~ 36 ~
~ 37 ~
~ 38 ~
~ 39 ~
~ 40 ~
~ 41 ~
~ 42 ~
~ 43 ~
~ 44 ~
~ 45 ~
~ 46 ~
~ 47 ~
~ 48 ~
~ 49 ~
~ 50 ~
~ 51 ~
~ 52 ~
~ 53 ~
~ 54 ~
~ 55 ~
~ 56 ~
~ 57 ~
~ 58 ~
~ 59 ~
~ 60 ~
~61~
~ 62~
~63~
~64~

~ 13 ~

7K 403 26
By Newmagical

The smile she shared with the old storekeeper was still on her face as she strolled back home. The sun had set long ago, leaving a soft glow in the air, turning everything into a warm amber hue that seemed so welcoming compared to the dark of night. It was a welcome change after the sunny afternoon.

Her steps were slow and deliberate, enjoying this rare moment of solitude, as she headed down one of her favorite streets where she would normally have no chance to stop for more than a few minutes. She knew everyone who lived here; she could walk through the entire block without having to pass anyone else.

Earlier in the morning, she had woken up to a message from the Stanleys asking her to take the day off. Her suspicion had risen concerning Jayden's weird task conversation from a few days ago but her mind had been at ease when there were no words or any form of disturbances from him.

It was a rare free time for her and so she had seized up the opportunity to shop for groceries at the store.  As always, there was something about walking along these quiet, tree-lined roads that calmed her nerves and made it seem like things were okay again, even if they weren't really.

The wheezing sounds of tires screeching behind startled Maria and brought her attention back to the road. A white limousine was speeding straight towards her. Its horn blared as it sped by, missing Maria by inches, and then reversed back to her side.

The strange movement of the luxurious vehicle made her stop her steps. She gawked at the long car, wondering what kind of jobs some people do to purchase such an expensive vehicle. She knew whoever owned that kind of property must be stinking rich like the Stanleys, and that thought gave her a cue to walk away. Whenever it involved rich people, there was an eerie feeling in the air that told you to keep out of their business. It felt almost like an invisible barrier keeping them separate from others and making sure they are not seen by the commoners. That same sense told her to stay clear of this car now. Maybe it was the numerous mafia movies she had watched that were occupying her mind but she was certain that a limo is either used for transporting criminals or someone important.

Maria resumed her tracks, walking a bit faster now, trying to get away from those eyes that were following her, though she didn't see them anywhere yet. She was almost stepping away from the vehicle's wide shadow when one of its doors opened.

The sound glued her shoes and she found herself moronically rolling her head to peep at whoever wanted to step out. Influenced by her impulse, she strangely wanted to confirm if there were truly mafia-looking people shielded in the tinted vehicle.

Her inquisitive gaze found a figure climbing down from the vehicle. He was wearing a black suit and a white shirt, both with a solid black tie. He had broad shoulders and a small gut, which made the shirt look tight against his body. His hair was short and clean cut while his face looked vaguely familiar to Maria.

He wasn't looking completely like a mafia lord or serial killer, but his conservative outfit presented him more as an enterprising businessman or executive assistant- that's it! Her memory recharged at the thought of an executive assistant. She remembered him as the person who had brought in the inhaler at Jayden's call the other time and had seen him a couple of times at the estate. Maria could guess the man was a personal assistant to Jayden or something similar like a secretary or bodyguard.

The figure walked across the sidewalk towards her and stopped right in front of her. "Good evening, Miss Patterson." He greeted, his voice sounding cultured and refined, much different than the usual gruff tone most assistants usually had. "You know me, right?"

"Yeah, I guess..." Maria answered hesitantly, her brows firmly pressed down as she wondered what was going on.

"That's a relief." The man said before reaching forward for a proper handshake. "I'm Daniel Kintyre, Mr. Stanley's PA." He introduced himself, smiling ghostly.

She took his offered hand and shook it slowly, realizing how tense she was over all this sudden turn of events. "Uh...Maria Patter--"

"That's okay, I already know that." He interrupted politely, letting go of her hand, taking a step closer, and putting his hands in his pockets. "I'm very sorry to bother you during your break, especially since we don't have anything scheduled today but there is an emergency going on." He paused briefly as if waiting for her reaction.

"Emergency?" Her brows shot up, getting alarmed at the word 'emergency' being mentioned in conjunction with Jayden.

Daniel nodded solemnly. "Yes miss, an urgent matter has come up regarding Mr. Stanley's health condition." He explained, still standing before her.

A chill ran down her spine. Was it just paranoia, or did he say that there is an emergency and it involves Jayden? "How serious is this matter?" She asked, finding herself unable to think of any other question to ask at the moment.

His answer was swift. "It isn't life-threatening, but it's serious enough to require your presence immediately." He voiced, clearly agitated.

She frowned at the alarming information he just dropped. "Presence? Has he been taken to the hospital?"

"No. He refuses to do anything, goes anywhere unless he sees you."

"Me?" She questioned, her tone dripping with astonishment. She knew her patient well enough and how indifferent he could deadly be. Jayden could prefer exhausting his last breaths rather than requesting a doctor. The situation seemed new and surprising. 

Daniel moved back to the limo and opened one of its doors. "Allow me to take you to him, Doctor Patterson." He invited, gesturing for her to enter.

Maria stared at the offered entrance and could see the glittering lights radiating from inside the sumptuous vehicle.  Her eyes constantly darted from the car to the man inviting her and then to the door again, unsure of whether to trust this unexpected invitation or not. There was nothing to be afraid of, she knew that. There was enough proof considering how they mutually recognized each other but she couldn't help but hesitate.

"Miss?" He sounded, prompting her once again.

She looked into his eyes and saw the concern there. There was no point in holding back. She had a job to do and whether she liked it or not, it was already stated in the contract that she could be summoned at any given time. It would also give her a modicum of relief to see the condition of her patient herself.

Maria moved closer, taking a deep breath and her fists were curled with determination. "Thank you," she did not forget to appreciate his kind courtesy before entering the spacious compartment.

It was her first time riding in a luxury automobile. She had never been that close to a limousine in her entire life not to talk of entering one. But now she was getting a ride in one and it was a sight she will remember for the rest of her life, despite the reason why she entered. The soft leather seats and warm interior made her feel instantly relaxed and comfortable, giving her the impression of having just woken up in bed instead of walking out of her house for work. Everything was also white, a stark contrast to the night outside the window and the city streets below. The limo even smelled like vanilla candles and expensive perfumes, making the air inside seem so much more luxurious.

Maria decided to settle on the closest seat to the door she had passed through earlier, sitting down on the long sofa opposite similar furniture. The space was ample and she felt almost like an intruder sitting there, staring blankly out the windows while Daniel closed the door behind her.

Her lowering butt stopped dead midair when her surveying eyes noticed the creepy figure seated at the far corner. He was masculine judging by everything about him. He sat with exceeding authority and complete confidence on the plush white couch, leaning his arm against the side of the seat cushion and resting his head on his palm as he stared directly at her with his cold, piercing gaze. His body language screamed dominance and arrogance.

Their eyes locked for a period that felt like an eternity until he broke the silence. "I see you are devoted to your patients, Miss Patterson." He spoke, voice echoing with a low timbre.

It was as if his words were what she needed to confirm her doubt that she was not seeing things. Her eyes expanded in disbelief, staring back at him, with her jaw hanging wide open. "Yo-you... what are you doing here?" She blurted, finding herself completely speechless, barely able to comprehend his presence as she pointed an index to the same man who was supposed to be lying sick on his bed at his home.

"Why? Is it a crime to be in my limousine?" Jayden retorted sarcastically, and she could almost see a smirk on his smug expression. His coffee eyes flashed with a malicious glint that she didn't understand. 

Her eyebrows sank deeper and further down, her mouth still open. "But-but..." Her words trailed off and she did not bother retrieving them. She already figured how her gullibility had been exploited and the situation of rushing to the estate to tend to her 'sick' patient was a schemed ploy.

Maria darted a bitter glare towards the front seats separated by a small partition where Daniel sat, observing the exchange between her and his boss. Their eyes met and he quickly rolled his face away, the clearing of his throat proving he had knowingly played a part in luring her to the tiger's trap. "Hey, Mr. Kintyre!" She snapped, driving her finger in the air towards the back of his head. "Everything was a lie, right? He is not sick--"

"Don't involve my underling into this. He was only following orders." Jayden interrupted her heated rant with a snide tone and she returned a scathing look at him. "That's the only way he would make you agree. Now deal with it and pay for your sins as the good ol' sinners do." He declared, sounding like a devil's advocate from hell.

"Sins? What the hell are you talking about?" Maria questioned sincerely, restraining herself from losing her cool. Someone had to tell her what exactly was wrong with this man. He arranged some ludicrous plans with his assistant or whoever the dweeb was, successfully made her fall into the prank because she was overcommitted to her work, and yet he was saying some gibberish about sins instead of apologizing for his deceit.

"You are paying for the terrible night I had the other time you slept on my bed, remember? I suppose we already talked about this." Jayden reminded with a hint of irritation, his icy demeanor returning.  It was the second attempt at explaining to her something she wasn't willing to believe and he was starting to get pissed.

Maria gasped loudly to express her bewilderment. She was silent for a moment as her brain processed all the information he provided. The first thought she formed was the realization that he wasn't even sorry for the trick and couldn't seem to grasp the concept of guilt. The events that transpired in sleeping on his bed caused nothing more than her absentmindedness from asthma. She could believe he was serious about being offended but the way he put it made her feel like she committed a heinous crime, a sin that should be punishable by law. It made her wonder what was so special about his bed.

"We made a deal, remember?" He sounded more aggravated than ever before.

She returned her eyes to his, determined to fight him tooth and nail to defend her innocence. "No, I can't remember agreeing to any kind of deal with you," she said, firmly denying his accusations and trying to remain calm despite the anger rising within her chest.

"This is Friday night."

"And what about it?" She returned, folding her arms, and was still refusing to be seated.

Jayden leaned back against the leather seat, interchanging his crossed legs, and raised one eyebrow in challenge. He raised a pointing finger towards her, then said, "You..." He paused his words to spin the finger at his chest. "...Me," he voiced slowly and deliberately. "Friday night." He finished, crossing his arms, and gave her an incredulous stare, waiting for her reply, which didn't come. Instead, she just looked confused, staring at him blankly, and it seemed to her that this man had the capability to confuse her beyond sanity if given a chance. That is if he hadn't done that numerous times already.

It seemed to be too much for her to handle. Her jaw hung open and her brows lowered. Her lips parted to speak and she looked around as if searching for an exit out of this mess.

"Open the car this instant!" She ordered anyone who would listen, her loud voice attracting the attention of the other two men in the car. Her voice cracked as her face turned beet red and her fists clenched tightly, knuckles whitening. She wanted nothing more than to run away from this man right now. 

"Don't." Jayden's tone was flat as cardboard, not bothering to compete with her round one, knowing whose command his assistant would follow, loud or not. He remained motionless while Maria's tirade continued.

"This is kidnapping." She gritted, rolling her face back to Jayden since his subordinates completely ignored her. "You are the one committing a crime here. This is purely modernized kidnapping." She continued her argument without taking notice of the zero effect her statements were having on her listener.

"I think not." His voice came with authority, no doubt about it. This man knew what he was doing.

A gasp left her lips for the millionth time and she took a moment to run her palms across her bun. "You think not?" She couldn't believe the nerve of him.

"Yeah." Jayden shrugged nonchalantly.  "We made a deal."

"Bull. You are only using me because I am the stupid doctor who would fall into any kind of prank, right?"

Jayden shook his head and stared directly at her, making sure he was clear on his point of view. "Not a doctor. Girlfriend. You are my girlfriend for tonight." He pronounced airily and his statement struck her dumb. "Stop acting so fiesty. I will pay you anyway., he added, emphasizing his last word and causing her eyes to widen.

She glared back, unimpressed by his flippant attitude. Her mouth fell agape again, unable to form another word or phrase, her brain struggling to find something coherent to say in her defense. Her astonishment eventually morphed into laughter after a moment of staring wordlessly. There was no better response to someone telling her to spend the evening in his company, pretending as his girlfriend.

"This guy is crazy," Maria muttered under her breath before challenging him, her voice drowning with fatigue caused by his absurdness. Her head jerked up and she returned her azure gaze to him, hoping that the intensity behind them could penetrate his stubborn façade. "You have gone mad." She uttered through her nose, raising her hands above her shoulders and shaking her wrists, trying to emphasize how insane he sounded.

The corners of his mouth remained flat, with his expression not flinching at the slightest at her words. The silence between them lingered on for a moment longer until finally, he broke it. "What do you mean 'mad'?"  he asked sarcastically, looking past her to check his intrigued assistant for confirmation of his sanity.

She decided to ignore his annoying comment. Instead, her palms dug into the pockets of her pants, in search of her cell phone. "If you don't open this car this minute, I am calling the police." She threatened, holding the phone to her ear.

"Ah!" A cry interrupted her plan to dial the police instantly. Maria slowly twisted her neck to the side and threw a look at the source of the sound. Her eyes squinted when they found Jayden pressing a palm against his forehead. He held his free hand against his chest, rubbing the area just below his throat.

"Ow..." He groaned once more when their eyes made contact, rubbing his head with the same gesture.

Maria tilted her head slightly, watching him with suspicion. It was apparent he was pretending to be in pain. She chuckled, a laugh that lacked all sincerity, which seemed fitting for such a ridiculous scenario. Jayden must take her as a real fool if he thought she'd fall for it.

She folded her arms and heaved deeply. "That's your forehead." She corrected his acting. She was not a doctor for nothing; her experience told her exactly where genuine pain should originate from.

Jayden halted his performance and took a glance at his raised arm. "Right." He murmured, soundlessly. He forthwith adjusted his hand by placing it against the side of his head.

She rolled her eyes, her facial expression letting him know she was aware of his game. She wouldn't be fooled twice. He had played her perfectly. However, she was surprised to see that side of him; the mischief and playfulness shining in his polished pieces of coffee eyes.

He ignored her contemptuous stare and switched his gaze to his assistant. Maria immediately followed suit and watched the two men communicate silently with their eyes.

"Are you alright sir?" The voice of Daniel resonated from the front seat after understanding Jayden's voiceless request for backup.

"No, Daniel. It's a migraine attack. I'm having one of those damn things again." His answer was accompanied by an audible exhale. Jayden looked back to the woman who was still glaring at him, but without any conviction. "Hey doctor, come over and check me up."

Her eyeballs revolted once more, with her eyebrows lifting to make her face appear incredulous, yet her tone betrayed no hint of sarcasm. "For what need? You look very fine to me, Mr. Stanley." 

"Fine. Then I will come to you." He stated, giving her no time to apprehend his words before rising from his seat. He bent his back, cautious not to bump his head against the car roof as he moved smoothly to her side.

Maria glanced up to meet his face, surprised he had really come closer. "Wh-What do you want?" She stuttered, struck by his persistence.

"Have a seat." He mentioned, leading her to another round of amazement by pulling her along with him as he settled on the nearest sofa.

Maria gulped once seated, realizing how long she had been straining her legs by standing. The leather squeaked beneath her, its surface soft and inviting against her body. It was so comfortable and only for a second, the thoughts of leaving vanished away from her mind.

He leaned forward on the couch and gazed into her face with an intense gaze, almost piercing through her, studying her every twitch and shift. Maria stared back at him, unable to comprehend his intensity, his scrutiny, and then he continued, unfazed by her discomfort. "If you claim that I am faking my pain, doctor, are you ready to face the implications if, eventually, I really am sick?"

She batted her lashes slowly at him, with her eyes searching for any trace of humor on his face but found none. "Are you being serious? Are you really sick?" She inquired softly, unsure of herself whether to believe him or not.

Jayden nodded once. "Of course, miss Patterson." He answered, eyes lowering to her folded arms as he talked. "Why don't you check for yourself? It's your job anyway." He added and stunned Maria by drawing forward one of her hands to place it on his head, feeling the temperature of his forehead, and running her fingertips across his temple.

The touch startled her. A few moments ago, she didn't think anything of his closeness and now she was highly aware of it. He was warm, like fire, yet gentle and comforting. His skin was smooth and supple, with his chestnut strands tickling her palms. Her fingers lowered slightly, tracing the lines on his brows, finding them slightly raised, and her thumb gently brushing across the ridge.

Maria froze when she realized there was a strange delight fill in her heart as she examined his face. It was something more than professionalism but she couldn't exactly put a finger on it. It felt as though her whole body tingled with joy as her senses drank in every detail of this man's face.

She tore her hand off his head, retrieving her senses. She took a moment to collect herself, composing her features into a stern mask before returning her attention to his head. "That's enough." She voiced dryly, clearing her throat.

"Why? You need to check before making assumptions." Jayden countered and she couldn't believe he was leaning closer to hold her hand again.

She instantly pushed him back, surprising herself. "Fine! Whatever you say, I believe you." She gave in, anything to keep his touches away.

His feature relaxed with satisfaction, as though that was the answer he had been aiming for. "Then let's go." He stated simply and she knitted her brows together at his randomness.

"To where?" She enquired and tried to keep her composure, trying to remain professional despite the odd turn in their conversation.

"To the nearest pharmacy or clinic," Jayden informed casually and her eyes widened.

"Wha-what for?" She wondered loudly, raising her brows at him. Every medication he needed for his health had already been prescribed and delivered to his home.

He tilted his head to a side, raising his chin as he glanced down upon her. "Get me some painkillers."

"Painkillers...?" Maria argued weakly, pondering on his words.

"Drive on." He instructed the other people in the car, his voice interrupting her chain of thoughts. The driver obliged immediately, bringing the car to life for the first time since Maria boarded it.

An uncertain frown creased the doctor's forehead. Her fingers tapped lightly against her crossed lap, her eyes scanning over the cityscape outside. She was still struggling to grasp Jayden's sudden enthusiasm concerning his health, not to mention his decision to visit a clinic. There had been an abrupt change of subject from his end and it seemed he had forgotten about the crucial sin he wanted her to repent from. Her sixth sense suspected her sly patient had a different motive, but she was not sure what it could be.

Maria sighed, resigned to her fate. There was no going back now. She had to see through this and confirm her suspicion. Her eyes drove to the window as they passed by the buildings lining the streets, her mind wandering back to indefinite thoughts.

+++

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.1K 42
{WARNING: This story contains mature content. For mature audience and open minded people only. Read at your own risk} Arranged in a marriage of...
192K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
38.2K 5.5K 93
"So, ready to make your wish?" I smiled, though my stomach was doing flips. He sighed miserably. "This would be the most weirdest request anyone has...
12.2M 393K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...