DANGEROUS WOMAN || THE HUNGER...

By -iamagoddess

"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE R... More

DANGEROUS WOMAN.
SYNOPSIS.
ACT 1.
THE QUARTER QUELL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
ACT 2.
THE CAPITOL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
WELCOME TO DISTRICT 13.
ACT 3.
DISTRICT 13.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
EPILOGUE.
MY PROMISE TO FINNICK.
DANGEROUS WOMAN PREQUEL?
PREQUEL IS OUT!

11.

64.4K 1.7K 1K
By -iamagoddess

"NOT BAD..."

--¤☆¤--

Hearing the familiar ringing of a bell, I look up to see the door opening up and Peacekeeper's stepping out from inside. It's my turn. Standing up from my spot, I walked into the room ready for my individual evaluation. This will determine my place in the Games. Whether I'm a threat or not. I can do this. I pulled through last time. I can do it again this time. I just needed something big. Something that hasn't been done before.

"Make it memorable." I whisper, walking further into the room.

Hearing the Game Maker's laughing, I knew that I would have to fight tooth and tongue for their attention. I needed to wow them. I needed to show them what they love. I needed to show them 'Athena Grey'. Clearing my throat rather loudly, none of them batted an eye and continued to chat among themselves. Fine. We'll do it the hard way.

"Athena Grey, from District Ten." I said, announcing my presence to them.

As soon as I uttered my name, the Gamemaker's head snapped over in my direction. Now I have their attention. Now, I just need to keep it. Gritting my teeth, I fight the urge to shiver as I pull off my training shirt, leaving me in my black sports bra. Showing off all the scars I had gained from my Games. Scars I had felt ashamed of for the longest of time. Scars that I hated. They needed to see the monster they created.

"You have ten minutes, Miss.Grey, to present your chosen skill." A man announces, as I nod my head in understanding.

Be big. Be bold. Be brave. Marching over to the rack of white training dummies, I picked one out of the pile, dragging it by it's leg. Laying it out on the floor, I grab a bowl of bright red paints, thankfully made by morphlings. Dipping my fingers into the red paint, I started to write on the dummy's stomach. Time to make a statement. Glancing over at the trainers on the sidelines, I point to a random one ready to use them for my statement.

"I want you to hold that dummy." I said, to one of the trainers.

"Why?" He asks, looking at the dummy in curiosity.

"Oh, I'm sorry but did I stutter?" I said, glaring at him.

"No ma'am." He said, walking to the other side of the room with the dummy tucked under his arm.

"That's what I thought. Now keep going until I stop you." I order, snatching up some knives.

Walking with his back to me, I throw the knives in front of him forcing him to come to a halt. Turning to me, I throw a knife at the dummy's arm, pinning it against one of the foam walls. Throwing one knife right after the other, I didn't stop until both the dummy and the trainer were pinned against the wall entirely. 

Stepping back to admire my creation, the dummy had the words, 'I'M BACK!' written on its stomach as well as a smiley face painted on. Just wonderful. Brings a tear to my eye. Smiling at the sight, I bowed at the Gamemakers, ready to leave and never come back.

---0---

Shutting my eyes, I let Milama work her magic on me as she hummed a song under her breath. Leaving me with my thoughts. This year's games were going to be the bloodiest and hardest Games of all time. I was going against people I knew. People who I've spent years around. Watching them grow. Watching their families grow. Learning with them. Healing with them. That was going to be the hard part. Killing them while trying not to remember all those times we spent together. 

"You got a ten, that's amazing, you'll a hundred percent get more sponsors! Once we finish this look, you'll have your fish boy staring at you as well as half of Panem!" Milama rambled on, as her eyes scan the counter top for something.

"Milama, for the last time he's not my fish boy." I said, as she grabbed a tube of lipstick from the counter.

"Might as well be by the way that he looks at you." She says, opening the tube.

"We're best friends!" I argue, as she paints my lips red.

"Best friends who are in love with each other!" She says, giggling.

"Hush! We aren't in love and even if I did love him, it won't⎯it can't happen." I whispered, emphasizing on the word can't.

"Darn these Games! Ruining what would have been a perfect couple. When did you realize that you loved him?" She asks, making me blush.

Thinking to myself, I knew deep down that I harbored romantic feelings for Finnick. I always have and I always will. I had known the sandy blonde since the day they plucked me out of that arena. Me and him had been best friends for years and years on end. 

But with Snow forcing Finnick and myself into prostitution. Not to mention the Games tomorrow morning, it would never work. It couldn't happen, no matter how much I wanted it to. Some people aren't supposed to be together, I guess.

Staring at Finnick, my stomach rumbles but it's not from hunger, it rumbles with butterflies. It felt like a war was going on, and it terrified me. Friends weren't supposed to want to kiss each other. Friends weren't supposed to hold each other like that. But, I wanted to do all those things with Finnick. I wanted to be with him. I wanted him.

"Pixie? I think that I like Finnick. In more than a friendly way." I whispered to her with my eyes trained on Finnick as he socialized with other Victor's.

"That's great dearie. It really is, but I suggest that you be careful, I heard whispers that Snow is forcing him to⎯er⎯you know." She rambles on, her voice trailing off at the end.

Of course, I had heard whispers of it, but I thought of them as silly whisper's made by gossip articles. Gossips articles that wanted to keep the Capitol citizens entertained. Like how they gossiped about Gloss having a third toe. Which didn't make sense, but neither did half of the stuff they spoke about did.  And, I never would have thought those whisper's to be actually true. They couldn't be. They can't be.

"Snows making him sell himself?"

"What's wrong, darling?"

"Snow told me that if I continued to⎯you know⎯visit people. That Finn would be left alone." I whispered, hurt by the fact that Snow had lied to me and that Finnick hadn't uttered a word to me about the situation.

Snapping her fingers in front of my face, I blinked away the painful memory and sheepishly smiled at Milama. I can't cry. Not when she's spent this long doing my make-up. Milama would kill me if I let that happen. Forcing a smile on my face, I swallow down the feeling of pain, trying to pretend to be fine.

"Eyes closed and no peeking! I don't want the surprise to be ruined." She said, covering my eyes.

"At the pace that you're going at, I'm gonna be late!" I argued, making her let out a small huff of annoyance.

Removing her hand, I looked in the mirror and let out a shaky breath at the woman staring back at me. Shit. I was getting déjà vu. My hair was left down and curled at the ends, while my make-up was simple smokey eye and red lipstick which perfectly framed my face. Small specks of glitter covered my cheeks, making my grey eyes pop. Just like how Pixie used to do it.

My dress was a nice ruby red, that had a sweetheart neckline lined with small gold trimming on the sleeves. The dress stopped just below my knees and was slightly tight around my chest which perfectly showed off my curves. Finishing off the look was a pair of black heels, with a pair of simple gold earrings with a matching bracelet. The only thing out of place was the baby pink scarf wrapped around my neck, which was in place so that no glitter would cover my chest.

"No you're not! Oh shit, fish-boys on already! We have to move, now!" Milama said, crushing my moment.

Letting out a string of curses, I quickly walked out of the room and tried to sprint as best I could down the hall. My heels clicked loudly against the marble floors, but I could care less at the moment. I needed to get to my place. Like four minutes ago. Damn you Milama and your perfectionist habits. Passing by a more crowded part of the backstage, I could hear the whisper's of producer's and tributes filled the tense air.

"And now for District 4's male tribute, Finnick Odair!" Cesar's voice announces, as I quickly stand in line with the other tributes.

Nobody saw anything! I was on time. Glancing at one of the hanging monitor's, I watched as he walked on the stage, the camera panning in on his 'famous' smirk. So he's going for that tactic. Hearing the crow screaming, the floor vibrates from the stomping of feet and banging of canes. It was like a mini earthquake.

"So, Finnick. I understand that you have a message for somebody out there, a special somebody to be exact?" Cesar asks, as Finnick smiles into the crowd.

"Indeed. My love, you have my heart for all eternity. If⎯If I die in that arena, my last thought will be of your lips." Finnick said, reading off his poem.

Removing the scarf from my neck, I gripped it tightly in my hands and furrowed brows at the poem. It wasn't like I was jealous or anything of this mysterious 'lover' of his. I was just upset that he had told me of them before. I mean who cares if Finnick was in love with some other girl? Holding my head up high, I handed the scarf to a passing Avox, droning out the rest of the interviews until it was my turn.

---0---

"Everyone, please welcome! The one. The only. The marvelous Athena Grey!" Cesar shouts, as I walk out on stage.

Walking on to the stage, the flashes of the cameras and bright colors of Capitol clothing blinded me slightly. Some things never change, I guess. Meeting Cesar half way onto the stage, I placed a gentle kiss on his cheek as he does the same to me. This year Cesar was dressed in a glittery purple suit with matching hair and make-up, making him look glamorous yet ridiculous at the same time. Still the same old Cesar, only a different color this time.

"Welcome back, Athena. Aren't you looking stunning tonight." He said, helping me sit down on the chair across from him.

"Oh, you sure know how to make a girl blush Cesar. You're too kind!" I said, letting out a fake giggle.

"I'm only stating facts! Am I right folks?" He said, as the crowd let out cheers of approval.

"Aww, you all are too kind to me." I said, giving the crowd a sultry smile.

"Now Miss.Grey. I must say this year's gown is beautiful, but I will admit, it is a little simple don't you think?" He said, leaning back into his seat.

"It is in a way, but over the years I've learned to love the more simple things in life. Don't you agree, Cesar?" I said, crossing my legs.

"Oh of course! Now, let's talk about your games." He says, making me tense at the mentioning of my Games.

"Yes, of course." I said, straightening up in my seat.

I can do this. I can do this. This is just like any other interview. They're going to ask me about my experience, and I give some bullshit lies. Then, they move on. I can do this. Just pretend. Wiping the sweat off my hands, I shift in my seat trying to get somewhat comfortable. I can do this. I can do this.

"You were only thirteen when you were Reaped for the Games, then on the second day in the Arena, you turned fourteen." He said, smiling brightly at me.

"Indeed Cesar." I said confidently, nodding my head at his statement.

"So young but yet so talented. I mean you took out ten tributes on your own on the first day, that is talent right there. What were your thoughts at the time?" He asks, making some members of the crowd let out excited cheers.

"That is true Cesar. You see my thoughts at the time were to survive and come back to all you amazing people here in the Capitol. Even now, I plan on doing the same thing. But at the same time I do not know what the future holds. Something could happen to me. So I can only hope for the best." I said, as the crowd cooed at me.

"That is true indeed, but fingers crossed, you will be alright. Just like last time, I guarantee you that we will be cheering for you!" Cesar said, earning some cheers from the crowd.

"You're too kind." I said, smiling.

"It's been absolutely amazing getting to catch up with you, Athena. But unfortunately, it seems as though this is all the time we have together folks." Cesar said, making the crowd let out groans.

"A shame indeed." I said, faking a frown.

"Once again folks, this was the marvelous Athena Grey! Let's give it up for her!" Cesar shouts, lifting my hand up.

Kissing me goodbye, I walked up on the podium and I stood quietly drowning out the other interviews. Nothing really stood out to me. Just the same stoic answers to questions asked a million times. Seeder and Chaff keeping things short.

Katniss professes this whole 'Star-Crossed lovers thing' being the truth. That was until Peeta's interview started. Watching as he stutters for a moment, he pauses, catching his break. Like he was going to drop some kind of bomb on the crowd.

"If⎯If⎯excuse me, if it weren't for the baby." He said.

Perking my eyebrow at what he had just said, I looked over at Katniss who had her own look of shock on her face. Guess she didn't know she was pregnant. Looking at Klaus, he grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers together before offering his other hand to Seeder.

Linking hands with the Male tribute of District 9, I found that we were joined by the rest of the Victor's. WE won't be united for long. Raising our hands up high in the air, we started out at the crowd who let out even louder shouts of protest as they saw our united hands and emotionless faces.

Down with Snow. Down with the Capitol. 

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically in quarantine! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 3.6K 43
❝He's in love with another girl. A dead girl. A girl that I murdered five years ago.❞ ― She won her games. They call her the Reaper. The scythe wield...
237K 3.6K 35
"I did not pull that trigger." "...But you handed me the gun." (timeline) Catching Fire - Mockingjay Part 2 #1- finnickodair #1- catchingfire #1- the...
2.5K 78 18
" 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝?" "Yes he won his game at 14 , youngest ever, extremely humble" "𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚔𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐" " 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾�...
3.6M 150K 108
"Dahlia Blossom. Don't let the name fool you. She's better known as the Black Dahlia. And she didn't earn that nickname by smiling and looking pretty...