Hurricane - JJ | Outer Banks

By tvshowfanfic3112

I have one secret. Nobody knows who my dad is. I guess that's one rule broken because Pogues don't lie to Pog... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Fifteen

5K 83 10
By tvshowfanfic3112

I woke up in The Wreck the next morning to JJ, Pope and Kiara talking. "You know we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kie said.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope said.

"So, what, we find him before they do?" JJ asked as Pope took JJ's bike keys.

"I'm gonna go and get gas for the boat."

"Hey, you be careful." Kie told the boy.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope said bluntly as he looked at JJ, completely ignoring Kie.

I then looked at Kie who frowned before she followed the boy out of the door. "What's going on with those two?" I asked JJ.

"No idea." The boy said before we followed Kiara.

"Okay, what is your problem?" She shouted at Pope who was walking over to JJ's bike.

"No problem, officer. Just doing my job." Pope told her.

"Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." Kie replied as Pope climbed into the boar and revved the engine several times and continued to do it as Kiara tried to talk to him. "I'm trying to talk to you!" The girl shouted right before Pope drove away and she frowned as she walked over to me and JJ as a helicopter flew over us.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asked.

"No idea." I whispered before I started to walk away.

"And where are you going?" Kiara questioned.

"To find Shoupe!" I told her. "I'm Ward's daughter. Maybe that means something but we won't know unless I try and make things right for John B."

***

"Sarah!" I exclaimed as I ran over to the girl. We were by Redfield Lighthouse where they had set up several tents and helicopters identical to the one that flew over The Wreck were parked. I pulled my sister into a tight hug and she frowned when I pulled back. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to make things right." She told me. "I'm gonna turn Ward and Rafe in."

"Should we do it together?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I think that would make me feel a little better." The girl said. I nodded and took her hand as we approached one of the tents.

"Excuse me." Sarah said to the man guarding the area. "Is this all for John B?"

"Only authorised personnel at this point." The man said. "Orders for the local shelter and report sightings to law enforcement."

"He's not armed. I promise he's not armed."

"And he's not dangerous." I added.

"We'll take a statement."

"No, we wanna talk to a real cop." I told the man as we tried to push past him but he pushed us back. "You've got the wrong guy!"

"Excuse me." Sarah then shouted. "Excuse me, Mr SBI guy!" The man in the SBI jacket looked up and approached us and the other man grabbed Sarah so I ran up to him as Sarah broke free.

"My name is Alissa Cameron-Riley, this is my sister, Sarah." I said.

"I was on the tarmac with Sheriff Peterkin. I know what happened." Sarah added.

"Please, we just wanna talk." I told him.

"Alright, alright, alright." The agent said.

"Thank you." Sarah sighed with relief.

"There you are!" Ward Cameron's voice said as he entered the tent and ran over to us. "I've been looking everywhere for you two. We've gotta get out of here and let these people do there jobs."

I took a step back and watched as Ward grabbed Sarah's arm before he attempted to grab mine. After another try he was successful and he began to pull both of us along in a tight grip. "John B didn't kill Peterkin!" Sarah shouted.

"I can't tell you that is not true." Ward lied. "I gave a sworn deposition."

"John B didn't do it." I said as I pulled my arm back.

"My daughter doesn't know what she's talking about. She wasn't there." Ward told the man before looking at me and grabbing my arm again. "Have you been using again?"

"Using?" I questioned. "What?"

"Drugs." Ward told the SBI agent. "They make her hallucinate. Her sister doesn't help either, putting these crazy ideas in her head. She's bipolar, you see. Recently diagnosed."

"You're full of crap." I spat.

"Everything he's saying is a lie!" Sarah screamed.

"Okay, fine. Fine." Ward said. "Who did it then, Sarah? Alissa?" Sarah looked at me and I nodded. "Who killed Sheriff Peterkin?"

"Rafe." Sarah said. "Our brother Rafe shot Sheriff Peterkin. I saw. He has the gun."

"He was home." Ward told the man. "My wife can attest to that. I apologise."

"What is wrong with you?" I questioned as I pushed my dad back. "All you ever do is lie and cheat. You are no father to me."

Ward looked at me and frowned before looking at the SBI guy. "Officer, can I have a moment with you in private?" He asked.

"My officer's are gonna take really good care of you." Me and Sarah then turned around to two men who grabbed us by the arms gently and pulled us out of the tent as Ward began to speak to the other man.

"Let us go." I shouted as I struggled to get out of the man's grip. It as after a few moments of struggling that Sarah kneed her guy helping me free myself and we ran away from the lighthouse.

"Are you okay?" I asked my sister.

"Yeah, I think so." Sarah said. "But today, when me and John B get to the dock. I won't go unless you are on that boat with us." She told me. "I can't leave here knowing you're stuck on this island with him."

"Okay." I told her. "You want me there, I'm there. Just go and find John B. I'll meet you at the dock."

"Just be careful, okay?" Sarah said as she pulled me into one last hug.

"You, too." I said as I pulled back and we went out separate ways."

***

I made my way back to The Wreck as JJ and Kiara were taking food to put on the boat and I sighed as I sat down. "How'd it go?" JJ asked me.

"It was a bust." I frowned. "Sarah was there. We both tried to turn Ward and Rafe in but Ward showed up with some crazy story and we had to leave before we got a chance to make a statement."

"But John B's okay?" Kie asked me. I nodded.

"For now. As soon as we're off the island I'll relax."

"What do you mean we?" JJ questioned.

"Sarah won't get on the boat without me." I said. "And John B isn't going to go without her. And besides, I need to get away from Ward. Who knows, what he'll try next?"

"She's right, JJ." Kiara said. "Ward locked Sarah up in her room because he was afraid she'd turn in Rafe. What's he going to do to Alissa when she tries to do the same thing?"

"Something much worse than locking me in my room." I sighed. "And besides, when this all blows over we'll meet up in Mexico, right?"

"Right." JJ said.

"Is that all of it?" I then asked as I pointed to the food.

"Yep. It should last a few weeks but that's all you really need." Kie said. I nodded and stood up before helping carry the food out to the car.

"So what happened with Pope?" I asked her.

"He told me he loved me last night." Kiara admitted. "And that he was in love with me. I thought he would've told you."

"I knew he had a thing for you but he hasn't really talked to me much the last few days." I sighed.

"Don't beat yourself up about it. The last 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde." JJ said as we loaded the car up with food and shut the trunk.

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope." Kiara frowned.

"Yeah, I do, too." I agreed.

"Where have you been?" Kiara's mom then asked her daughter as she approached us at the car.

"I'm fine. I slept here." Kie told the woman.

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you. We're you even gonna tell us?"

"Well, I'm telling you right now."

"Alright, what the hell are you three up to?"

"I'm sorry, Miss Anna, but we gotta go." JJ told the woman as he grabbed my hand and pulled me around the other side of the car before climbing in as Kiara got into the driver's seat.

"Have you heard what's going on out there?" Anna asked her daughter.

"I'll explain later." Kie said.

"Have you seen the storm coming in? This is not safe?"

"I'm sorry, mom. I have to go."

"These cops are armed, Kiara. You'll get shot. I am not letting you do this."

"Mom, John B needs me!" Kie shouted. "I understand your worried. I'll be careful."

Kiara then began to drive away from her mom who was still shouting things at her as we disappeared into the distance. "She's only worried about you." I told the girl.

"I know." Kie whispered. "Let's just go and get the keys to the Phantom."

***

Kiara pulled the car up outside JJ's house and I watched as he took a deep breath. "Home sweet home." The boy said.

"Do you want me to come, cause I'll come." Kiara told him.

"We both will." I added.

"No. This will only take a second." The boy claimed before climbing out of the car and walking into his house.

"He'll be fine, right?" I asked Kiara.

"It's JJ." She said. "He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach."

"Yeah, yeah." I whispered. "You're right."

Me and Kiara fell into silence and after about ten minutes, JJ walked back outside with the key to the Phantom in his hand and he climbed back into the car. "How'd it go?" Kiara asked him. JJ didn't say anything. Instead, he just held up the key and smiled glumly. 

***

"There she be." JJ smiled as he opened the door to the warehouse. The Phantom was sitting to the side and had been untouched for a long time. "A 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom. The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours. Forty years old. Forty. And still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

"It's kind of a junker." Kie said.

"Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you. Let's just put it this way. You would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed."

"I just hope it runs." I told him.

"She'll run alright." JJ grinned. "She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got."

The sighed as the sound of a motorcycle approaching. "Pope, finally." She said as she headed towards the door but as I turned my head to look it wasn't Pope who walked in. It was Rafe.

"Hey, there. What's going on?" Rafe asked. "How you guys doing?" My brother then climbed onto the phantom as another person whistled from the other door and Barry approached us as Rafe jumped back down to the ground. They had us cornered.

"Well, well." Barry grinned as he pulled out a gun and pointed it at JJ who put his hands in the air. "Don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road. I'm here because I want my motherfucking money."

Barry then hit JJ to the floor and they began to fight as Barry dropped the gun. "JJ!" Kie shouted as she ran to help him but Rafe grabbed her and pulled her back.

"Kie!" I shouted as I jumped onto Rafe's back and started to press my fingers into his eyes.

"Don't make me hurt you, Alissa!" Rafe told me. "I don't want to but I will."

"Let go of her." I said angrily but ran backwards into the wall making me drop the floor in pain. I then watched as Barry had JJ on the floor and Rafe tried to talk to Kiara.

"It's not you we want, Kie. Where's John B?"

"I don't know!" Kie shouted as she slapped Rafe across the face.

"I really wish you didn't do that."

"I know what you did."

"Really? What? What did I do?"

"You murdered Peterkin!"

Rafe then grabbed Kie by the throat and he began to strangle her as I tried to climb to my feet but I was in too much pain. "Rafe, stop!" I shouted. "You're supposed to be my brother. These are my friends."

"Anyone who betrays my family is no sister of mine." Rafe told me as I watched pope sneak up behind him and hit him with a gold club.

"Don't touch her!" Pope shouted at my brother as he hit the boy repeatedly with his fist in the face. JJ has now climbed to his feet and was winning against Barry.

"Okay, Pope. Pope!" Kiara said. "Pope, that's good." Pope continued to hit him though until JJ pulled him back but that's when the boy grabbed a hose and started to strangle Rafe.

"You gotta snap out of it, man." JJ told him.

"Pope, stop!" I shouted.

"Look at me!" Kie then screamed before Pope dropped Rafe and let him fall to the ground. Kie sighed with relief. "Okay, we've gotta go."

"Ali, Ali, you okay?" JJ asked as he ran over to me and he'll me to my feet.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I groaned. "What about you, did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle." JJ said. "Come on, we've got to get out of here." I nodded but I took one look at my brother lying on the floor with blood coming out of his mouth and I could help but frown and make my way over to him as he struggled to breathe.

"You're okay." I whispered. "You're okay."

"I-I- I'm so-sorry I hurt- you." The boy panted. I nodded my head as tears filled my eyes.

"I know." I told him as I leaned in closer to his ear and changed my tone. "But if you ever come near me of my friends again I will shoot you myself."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 75 6
"Why's your writing all smeared?" "I'm a leftie. I drag my hand across what I've already written. It does that." "Dude, sick!" ...or in which the koo...
15.2K 90 21
πΎπ‘Žπ‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘’ 𝑖𝑠 π‘Ž π‘˜π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜, πΎπ‘–π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ž'𝑠 𝑑𝑀𝑖𝑛 π‘ π‘–π‘ π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ. πΎπ‘Žπ‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘’ 𝑖𝑠 π‘˜π‘›π‘œπ‘€π‘› π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘’π‘›π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘–π‘ π‘™π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘, 𝑏...
1.5M 20.3K 46
Y/N is a pogue, and best friends with JJ, but she's had feelings for him for a while.
710K 19.6K 51
If I'm on fire, you'll be made of ashes too. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 1 FIRST DRAFT βΈ» 05/08/20 β†’ 07/17/20 EDITED βΈ» 02/09/23 β†’ 04/19/23 #1st in...