DANGEROUS WOMAN || THE HUNGER...

By -iamagoddess

"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE R... More

DANGEROUS WOMAN.
SYNOPSIS.
ACT 1.
THE QUARTER QUELL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
ACT 2.
THE CAPITOL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
WELCOME TO DISTRICT 13.
ACT 3.
DISTRICT 13.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
EPILOGUE.
MY PROMISE TO FINNICK.
DANGEROUS WOMAN PREQUEL?
PREQUEL IS OUT!

10.

65.9K 1.8K 580
By -iamagoddess

"TO BE HELD.."

--¤☆¤--

Licking my bottom lip, it pained me to continue on in training knowing that Klaus was here, he hadn't been showing up like he promised. But then again, neither did the other Tributes. It pained me. Knowing that so many people had given up already. Sighing, I know that I shouldn't waste anymore time moping around, I needed to get my head in the game.

Cracking my neck, my eyes scanned the training room inspecting my competition, all skilled killers. Some of them, the Career's, have trained for this their whole lives. Others, Katniss and Peeta, won by luck. But, I would give it to her. Katniss was talented with a bow and row. I wanted her as an ally, she knew how to survive and she would have all eyes on her. Meaning more sponsor's.

So I had two options to pick from, show off my skills set or suck up to Peeta. Now, I have mastered the art of kissing ass. I've done it for years now here in the Capitol, but I wasn't about to start kissing Peeta's ass. Not in a million years. I was better than that. I was a Capitol darling. I was a name known all throughout Panem. Athena Grey doesn't beg.

"Let's see." I hum, inspecting the rack of weapons.

Eyeing the silver whip, I hesitated in grabbing it, I hadn't picked up once since my Games. Too many bad memories were tied to it. Grabbing the whip off the rack, I rubbed my thumb over all the small buttons that cover the handle, all colored coded. But, I had no idea what they meant. There were four main buttons, a red one, a blue one, a green one and a bright yellow one.

Hearing footsteps approaching me, I look up to see Beetee joining me, his hands behind his back. Sending the older man a soft smile, I had gotten to know him over the years. He was funny and very witty. Always ready with a comment and some new invention that you could only dream of. Most definitely someone to look out for. What he lacked in strength, he made up for in creativity in traps.

"I see you have found your whip. That red button there releases the regular blades. That blue one releases electric shock and this green one releases poisonous blades. Deadly so don't let it touch you. And the last one, releases small copper wires that can be used for snares or traps." Beetee explains, pointing at each button.

'Red is regular blades. Blue is for electric shocks. Green is poisonous blades and yellow is wire. Easy to remember..' I thought.

"I can tell that you were the man behind this. It's amazing. Truly amazing." I compliment, smiling at the man.

"Thank you! This was a prototype I was working on in Three, but I never got the chance to complete it. I can only assume with how we are back in the games, the Gamemakers wanted it to be finished for you." He said, adjusting his glasses.

 Nodding my head in agreement, I already knew that I wanted Beetee to be my ally. No argument there. He was peaceful and creative. So it would be nice to have his brains in the Arena. Whether it be for crafting a deadly trap. Or for filtering water. And if I had learned anything the following years after my games, it's that intelligence can help you go far in the games. I needed Beetee on my side.

"I want you as an ally, Beetee. I hope that you will accept my offer. " I said, as he gave me a grin.

"Good⎯very good⎯because I was going to ask you the same thing. I just didn't know how to properly ask you." He says, his body tensing up slightly; giving away the fact that he was unsure of how I would respond.

"We have been friends for years. I would have accepted." I said, studying his tense body language.

"Well considering how the Career's had threatened Peeta and Katniss, I assumed that you five were in an alliance. It would be logical seeing how close you all are after all of these years." He said, choosing his words carefully.

"As I told Peeta, they don't speak for me. They're just angry because they believe that the two of them are the reason as to why we are in the games again." I explain, sighing.

"I see. Well I am going to go practice making a fire, never too late to learn survival skills. Am I right? I'll see you later, Athena." He said, looking over at the fire station.

"As will I." I said, nodding my head in respect for the man.

Tightening my grip on the handle, I looked back down at the whip, I needed to practice with it. I might not get luck like my Games. Where I arrive at the Cornucopia in the nick of time, having my pick of weapons. I might only be able to grab one thing. I needed to be prepared. Adjusting my belt of knives, I pulled out a longer dagger from one of the pockets, ready to throw. Walking quietly into the glass simulator, I could hear the door closing behind me. I've got this.

"PLEASE SELECT A LEVEL." An automatic voice said, three holograms appeared in front of me.

Standing a few feet from me were three holograms. The first hologram was of a twelve year old boy, he was glowing a bright green with a number one on his chest showing that he was the easiest level. The second was of a seventeen year old girl, a few inches taller than the boy. 

She was glowing a bright yellow with a number two on her chest showing that it was the middle level. On the very end was a middle aged man, towering over all of them. He was glowing a blood red with a number three on his chest showing that he was going to be the hardest level.

"Level Three, please." I said, picking the man.

"LEVEL THREE SELECTED." The voice repeats, as the clock counts down to ten.

Give me your best shot. Taking a deep breath, I inspected the entire simulation trying to get familiar with the room, three levels. Huge blocks of concrete were scattered around giving the holograms areas to hide. One area that caught my eye was a large concrete dome that had a small window in it. The perfect spot for an archer to hide, but also give them that advantage of being able to see everything. I've got this. The bell rang, making the hairs on my arms raise. 

It's showtime. Watching as an orange hologram came running at me, I cracked my whip making it tie around the hologram's neck. Quickly pressing the red button, blades came out of the ends of the whip making the hologram crumble to blocks. One down, twenty three more to go. Hearing footsteps behind me, I threw the knife without hesitation, making another hologram crumble to the floor.

"Let's go. Come on." I whispered, pulling out another knife.

Turning to my left, I rolled out of the way as fast as I could, dodging an orange arrow that was coming my way. Throwing the knife at the hologram, I cracked my whip, ready for the next wave of holograms. Time to lighten things up. Pressing the blue button, the ends of the whip let out a humming sound, like the sound an electric fence made. Smirking at the humming, I wrapped my whip around the arm of another hologram before impaling it with a last minute knife.

"Come on. Give me everything you got." I whispered, hearing footsteps but could see no hologram anywhere.

Turning to my right, I could see a hologram crouching behind a large cement block with a trident in hand. Don't think, just do. Grabbing one of my small blades, I aim for the wall a few inches away from it's head. I need a more clear shot. Turning its head, I smirk as I get the perfect view of its head, bingo. Grabbing one of my last knives, I use the last of my energy throwing it, aiming for the head. Bullseye. Implanting in it's head, the hologram hunches forward disintegrating into blocks.

"Rusty my ass." I whispered, referring to Finnick's comment about me being rusty with my whip.

Wiping away some sweat from my forehead, I could feel eyes trained on me, burning into my back. Reaching for my knives, I curse as I don't feel anymore, son of a bitch. Turning away from the simulation, I looked out the glass window and could see half of the room staring at me. Great. Some had looks of sheer terror. Some had arrogant smirks. While a few others had looks of envy.

Making eye contact with Katniss, she inspects me as a tactic of intimidation, or maybe as a way to read me. Fighting the urge to snicker at her face, it was almost funny in a way. A young seventeen year old girl, trying to scare a twenty-three year old who won her Games at fourteen. I made history. I would easily do it again.

"Not bad." She mouths, nodding her head in approval.

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically in quarantine! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 25.1K 68
The life of a victor isn't always great. Amelia Sawyer knew that all too well. After winning the 67th Hunger Games, she found herself back in Distric...
16.1K 375 24
are we too young for this? feels like i can't move. finnick x oc written in full grammar. PREQUEL to the Catching Fire book. 1 in #district13 - 18.12...
35.7K 687 22
"My name is Peeta Mellark." "I am seventeen years old." "I am in love with Katniss Everdeen" "She betrayed me." "I was in the Hunger Games." "I've be...
398 16 7
- You guys should remember this one, and you better. Jolene Kensington. - Haymitch announced, pressing his presentation forward to show the image of...