Azur Lane: Land To Sea.

By TheQuoteMan2

A Land Commander turned into a Naval Commander. How will he stack up against the extra-terrestrial opponent... More

Prologue: Dealing with New Realities
2: A Soldier's Thought Process
3: Otherworldly Introductions
4: Ceremony Of Uncertainty
5: Foretelling and Initiating
6: Survey
7: Tea & Insturments
8: Taken Back
9: War Follows
10: Blossoming Threats
11: Response
12: Preparedness
13: Desperation
14: Show of Authority
15: 'Plan G'
16: Inexperienced
17: Center Stage
18: Royalties
19: Exercises and Ambushes
21: Trial of Perseverance
22: Consolidate & Counter-Attack
23: Conviction
24: Familiar Feeling
25: Wonderful View (Special)
25.5: Match and Match-Making (Special Pt.2)
26: One More Prep
27: Operation: Snowstorm
28: Fierce and Iron-Blooded
29: A Done Deal
30: Fighting admist the Snow
31: Fight of a Lifetime
32: Loyalty in Blood
33: Reality of Fights
34: A Lesson of Regret
35: Secretary Woes (Special)
35.5: Mysterious Guest (COLLAB?!)
36: Foresight-Seeing
(Special): Distance in the Mistletoe
37: A Mental Skirmish
38: A Connection
39: Faces with Past Traces
40: Warning Shots
41 - Allotted Time
42 - A Stronghold's Last Stand
43: Ethereal Finale
44 - A Deserved Celebration

20: Deception

4.1K 98 147
By TheQuoteMan2

=================

'Didn't saw this coming... But then again, that's literally what 'Ambush' means...' He thought as he squinted on how many ships that the Sirens are throwing at them.

"Commander! What's the plan?" King George asked Caster. Who was still thinking?

He couldn't see much Sirens on a low angle... He needed some high ground to see over the Siren fleet. Then he saw a tower. 

The girls were trying their best to stand their ground and keep defensive positions until Caster gave a command. Well, Caster's ship girls only did just that. The others, however, did not quite get the memo. As they charged at the fleet. 

"GIRLS, STOP!" Caster shouted at the top of his lungs. And every girl in the area looked at Caster who was slightly angry with the girls. 

"Everyone! Listen to what this man says!" King George commanded to the other girls. And they nodded. 

"Okay. Stay on the defensive and do not in any circumstances let anyone get hurt." He said as he looked at King George and she nodded. "I'll take a gander on how big the Siren fleet is. So I need some high ground." 

Then Caster pointed at one of the towers in the docks of Langston Palace and at this point, the girls inside that said palace were getting out and readying for battle. He needs to identify how many ships that the Sirens have before the girls get hurt by the barrages. 

King George V got the memo on Caster's plan. "King George, I want you to let the others know, stay on the defensive."

Then he ran to the tower on his right. As some barrages finally reached the docks and almost hit Caster. In which he avoided just in time. 

'Phew.' He sighed in relief as he continued to run to the tower and climb it. 

He was at the top looking over the fleet and the Siren fleet. He was shocked at how many ships there were for the Sirens. 

'3 Aircraft Carriers, 5 Battleships, 5 Heavy and Light Cruisers, and... 10 Destroyers?!' He thought in horror. 'Come on, Caster, think...' 

Then he saw one of the Siren Battleship's guns turn to his direction. Then the guns fired. 

The shells hit the tower where Caster was on and the tower was falling into the ocean. 

"Commander!" Wales shouted as she was going to the tower trying to catch Caster.

However, Caster thought that jumping off the tower was the best idea. In which it was. Kind of. He leaped off the tower and braced himself as he landed in the water. And luckily the debris of the tower doesn't hit him on his back or any part of his body...

Caster floated up and spits some of the seawater off of his mouth. 

Then Caster told Wales and Belfast, who was nearby, on how many Sirens ships that they were fighting, and they were also shocked. And even worse, he hasn't figured out a plan. 

Then Belfast carried Caster back to the docks. And Wales told the others on the number of Siren ships that they were fighting. 

"Belfast. I don't have that white Wisdom Cube with me. I have to sit this one out." Caster said. Feeling sadness as he can't get in there to fight.

"I'm planning something right now. For now, tell everyone that to use cover and fight the Sirens on an undetectable angle so they have to guess the location of you, girls." He looked on his notepad. 

Belfast nodded and she took off to tell the others. And then Warspite, who was on the ground, came to him.

"Commander Caster," Warspite greeted him in a polite manner. "I'll be contacting Queen Elizabeth herself to assist us. For now, I can't fight in the battle. But the Royal Navy girls are dependable. I can assure you that." 

"Very well. Double-time it." He nodded as Warspite ran away back to the palace. And he turned around to face his fleet. 

Then he saw one more group come out of the palace and went into the water. It was Nagato and she was followed by 3 other Sakura Empire ships. 

Takao. One of the familiar faces on the Sakura Empire battle and a tenacious ship. Just like her sister.

Another familiar face in Fusou. Also there when the battle against the Empire ensued.

Yukikaze. She may look young, but her history shows that she could hang with Cruisers and sometimes Battleships. Well, basically all the girls who showed up at the battle.

But there was a new girl. A cute one...

Yamashiro. The sister of Fusou and undeniably the cutest ship girl in the history of ship girls. But she's deadly herself. She stayed on the SE's mainland to keep the others safe. But most of all, she's cute.

A-kun: Don't @ Me. I know that you all agree.

"Nagato!" He called out before she turned around. "You brought some friends?"

"I am not foolish enough to come here alone. And you know that." Nagato replied. 

"Okay... Listen, don't go straight to them. I don't have a plan yet. Give the girls some covering fire," said Caster as he was brain-storming for a plan. 

"Very well." Nagato nodded. "Yamashiro! Fusou, Yukikaze, and Takao! Defensive tactics!" She commanded. As the 5 go-ahead to meet up with the others. 

'I think I can let her command and not tell her what to do. She small, but she's capable.' He thought as took out his communicator. 

"Girls, take care of the vanguard. I'll get back on the right side of the islands to tell you the plan." He spoke through as he was running as fast as he can. 

But then, a voice spoke through the communicator. And he definitely didn't know who this new voice was and how this voice got through his communicator in a CLOSED channel. 

"Hello, commoners, my name is Queen Elizabeth and I and my escort fleet are going to the palace. 10 minutes." The voice said before hanging up. 

"Who was that? That's the queen?! She sounded like an elementary student!" Caster said perplexed. 

He got to the right side island on the docks of the palace. And he met up with most of the Royal Navy girls and Nagato and her escort fleet. 

"Girls. I have a plan in place. Get ready." He said in a stern tone. 

=================

'Outsmarting a fleet this large is going to be a challenge.' He thought as he saw the girls moving into position. 

Then Illustrious spoke through the communicator. "All ready, Commander." As they were hiding on a tall, wide rock that the Sirens can't see over. 

"Execute the plan." 

As the Siren Aircraft Carriers were putting out more fighter jets, The Illustrious-class Carriers' planes started to overwhelm the skies as the planes were not only shooting at the jets but the Light Cruisers as well. Eliminating some of them. 

Prior to Caster's debriefing, Belfast, Javelin, and the other Cruisers were doing a great job eliminating the Destroyers. And as the plan was taking place, the 2 managed to eliminate all of the Destroyers with Suffolk and Norfolk's help. 

So the elimination of the Destroyers made the Illustrious-class Carriers attacks happen. As they could just keep putting out planes without getting flanked on either side. 

At this point, the Formidable, Victorious, and Illustrious were just hammering the Siren Cruisers and took out 2 Battleships. 

"Takao! All cannons fire!" Nagato commanded Takao as she fired multiple shots and got multiple hits on a Battleship. Putting it at the bottom of the ocean. "Yukikaze, take out the stragglers!"

"Yamashiro and Fusou, shoot the Cruisers!" Nagato fired more of her shells to the Aircraft Carriers who was still fighting with Illustrious and Formidable's planes.

But then, in a blink of an eye, A big beam of light burst through the Siren Carriers. And the 3 Siren Aircraft Carriers got a massive hole in their stern and all of the bridges. Basically, a collateral.

How did this happen? As Caster observed the Siren Fleet turned all their attention to Nagato's escort fleet, He signaled the rest of the girls to move off their cover and to the side of the enemy fleet. Thus, a flank. But they had to use their time efficiently as Nagato and the Illustrious-class Carriers can only buy them little time before the Sirens notice the flank. 

The 3 said Siren Carriers are slowly sinking into the ocean and the Sirens are basically defeated as everybody else was firing on the remaining Battleships and the girls scattered to make them even harder to hit. 

"Flawless win... That's rare." Caster said as he was shuddering from the coldness of his wet clothes.

The Sirens tried their best to mount a counter-attack with the remaining Battleships but to no avail. As all of the Siren ships were sunk.

"Victory... Against an even bigger fleet. And a simple plan too." He thought. He felt that the battle was too easy.

Then a horn was sounded in the distance. Then a few girls came out from the rocks to present themselves. Lo and behold, it was Queen Elizabeth and her escort fleet.

And the Queen was also escorted by... 5 girls... And also, 5 pictures. Heh. Not including Warspite. Who was just lagging behind the fleet catching up to the Queen.

Out of the 5 girls who escorted her, the most prominent girl here is...

This girl... Dido. I mean, we don't need an introduction for her. We all know the deal.

A-kun: I had to find an alternative picture. But I know you like what you see.

Secondly,

Renown. A menace on the battlefield, but she has an innocent cute side.

Sheffield. One of the maids in the 'Maid Corps'. Let's hope that Caster wouldn't make a misunderstanding with her around.

Nelson. A dangerous ship with a strict personality to complement it. 

And lastly...

Ark Royal. Slightly obsessed with kids, (yeah, weird.) but she is one of the great Carriers in the Royal Navy. 

A-kun: Where's Enterprise when you need her?

"I may or may not underestimated how large this faction is..." He shook his head in disbelief. Then the girls were all grouping up to Caster's position. 

"Another victory... Great planning again, Commander." Hood praised Caster. 

"You have the firepower to execute my daring plans. So, the credit goes to you all. Thank you all for contributing." Caster smiled. "Anyway, I'm getting cold as hell with these wet clothes. I'll get back to the palace and change."

He walked away from the island and back to the palace to change as Queen Elizabeth, Warspite, and Escort fleet landed at the front gate of Langston Palace.

=================

"Warspite, This... Commander Caster of Azur Lane you're talking about. He really just neglect my orders?" Elizabeth asked Warspite in which she nodded.

"He did. But his reasoning to do so was very convincing." Warspite tried to defend Caster. 

"I want to see this otherworlder face to face." Queen Elizabeth said in a serious tone. 

Then Caster was closing to Queen Elizabeth and Warspite. He walked up to them with him still wet.

"Good afternoon, Queen Elizabeth." Caster kneeled down. 'Should I even respect her at this point? She's a child!' He thought.

"You can go now, Commander Caster," Warspite said as Caster stood up and moved pass Q. Elizabeth and the others into the palace. With Belfast lagging behind following him. 

After some time, the girls regrouped themselves into the dining room. As a meeting is once again is in order between Nagato, Queen Elizabeth, and Caster of Azur Lane. 

Caster saw down on his dry clothes. As Belfast dried his uniform and he wore it again. He came into the dining room late. And the last one to sit down. As he sat down, Queen Elizabeth was eyeing Caster. Observing his actions. She has heard of the terrible news of the 1st otherworlder's indecency and she is unsure of him. 

"Caster!" Queen Elizabeth exclaimed and pointed at Caster. "What are your qualifications to a commanding officer let alone to be the Commander of Azur Lane?" She scoffed. 

He just ignored her question as he sat back on his chair. Queen Elizabeth is not pleased.

"Do you hear me back there?!" As all the girls in the room looked at Caster who just shook his head.

'This brat...' He thought. 

"Listen here," He glared at the Queen. "I have encountered and reasoned with hard-headed and self-centered officers and generals alike. And you are no different from those people."

"Master, she's the Quee-" Belfast interrupted but Caster interrupted harder. 

"And if I have to sit here and listen to you disrespecting me like that, then I don't have a reason to reciprocate the respect." 

Queen Elizabeth gritted her teeth as she was nearing her breaking point. And the girls were giving him bad looks. But he doesn't care. (Excluding Caster's ships)

"And here I thought people that had the 'Royalty' label on them should be role-models. Seems that I was wrong."

"I'm going to be brief. We're not following through that major offensive on the Sirens because it's just dumb idea to try to punch through their territory." 

"Secondly, if you girls have a problem with me, please don't keep it within yourselves. I apologize and admit when I'm wrong and that gives you the reason the do so as well," said Caster in a worried tone. "Talk to me about it. If you want to hurt me, do it. If you want to kick me down, do it." 

"And the end of the day, The things that I only want from you is trust and respect. Because with that alone, I can lead you all to victory."

The girls were shocked at this statement. A confident but provocative statement. 

Anyway, we're leaving Caster and the Royal Navy girls for now. 

Now, let's take a look... At the Azur Lane base.

=================

"EVERYONE! Defensive positions now!"

A-kun: First of all, before we end the chapter, thank you all for pushing this book as one of my best books yet. Having more reads and votes than my 1st ever book in Wattpad. My Splatoon book named: "Me and Myself." The support has been so motivating and I will continue to make chapters until the end of this road. 

So, thank you all for the support, and I'll see you all beautiful readers in the next chapter!

Word Count: 2606 Words.

12:54 PM
5/10/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 2.3K 59
Yamatomo Mazuhashi had finished his officers training course at Age 25 and promoted to Admiral at Age 26. At the Age of 26 he had been doing nothing...
50.3K 425 6
You are the newest Commander at the Royal Navy. However their are not that many men commanders, and the last commander at the Royal Navy was a man wh...
5.2K 149 16
"Destiny is no matter of Chance. It is a matter of Choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved... Destiny is what you're...
383K 5.7K 58
In a world in conflict with the Sirens, a young commander is assigned to Azur Lane. He will be tested by his command, his enemies and his ships. His...