𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 • �...

By ggukpeaches

"i'm tired, so tired of being just your second choice. the one you'll only come running to when you need comf... More

/
; one
; two
; three
; four
; five
; six
author's note
; eight
; nine
; ten
; eleven
not an update
; twelve
; thirteen
dae won pt1
daewon pt2
COMPLETED (PLEASE READ)
new book!

; seven

32.9K 1.2K 665
By ggukpeaches

y/n

"bye."

you closed the door, it should be good he left right?

but there was just this unsettling feeling inside of you.

hearing that him and chae eun finally got together broke your heart. you were happy for him as a best friend, but as a best friend who was also deeply in love with him? it broke you.

you felt like just coming clean with him and telling him how you feel, but you didn't want to, one, make things awkward with someone you've been friends with since forever, and two, sandwich him and make him choose. well, higher chance of him choosing chae eun, but you just knew confessing would have an effect on everything.

you went back to your bed, lying down never felt as good.

you stared at the ceiling, what a difficult situation you were stuck in.

"i should just sleep, it'll solve everything." you mumbled to yourself and turned over to take a nap.

THE NEXT DAY

you woke up the next morning.

that nap somehow lasted for hours, till the next morning.

it was currently about four in the morning, too early to start preparing for school, but too late to go back to sleep anyways since you're a heavy sleeper and you would most probably oversleep and miss school.

you decided to head to the kitchen to make breakfast, something heavier than usual, since you'd always rush and not have time for proper breakfast.

"oh y/n. you're awake already?" you heard your mom.

"yeah, i couldn't sleep anymore." you replied.

"yeah... you even slept past dinner time. your school called to notify me about your absence yesterday, you feeling better now hm?"

"yeap. was just feeling really tired and dizzy." you replied. exaggerating obviously, you're mom would KILL if you said you skipped school because you were TIRED. which was also already a lie.

you took your time to eat your breakfast, got prepared and changed for school, and slowly started heading out.

while you were walking halfway, from the side of your eye you saw someone running towards you from across the street.

since there was no one else, you decided to turn to see who was it.

was it the boy you deeply love who maybe finally realised his love for you and decided to walk you to school?

nope.

well, it was dae won.

you surprisingly missed him to be honest.

he didn't really disturb you the whole of last week since he could clearly tell you were upset that jungkook was ignoring you.

however he did try to make you feel better though, he'd prepare food almost everyday but just secretly passing them to you.

it was wierd not having him call you his 'girlfriend' or any other nicknames he'd usually give.

"are you feeling better? i was so scared something might've happened to you when i didn't see you yesterday. moreover you seemed off the whole week, god i'm so glad you're okay." he started blabbering, but paused to look at you.

"you're okay right? no fever? anything?" he asked while passionately grabbing both your shoulders.

you were stunned that moment. he was always like that but it just felt so good especially after the news of chae eun and jungkook dating.

usually you'd push him off and told him to get away, but you had a good sleep, a good breakfast and just felt really good in general, you decided to give in and let him do it.

"i'm fine." you replied, smiling back at him.

"that's good." he let go of you immediately after realising what he did, because usually you would be the one pushing him off, and started walking off slowly.

you smile became slightly wider as you caught up with him.

"don't you live like, the complete opposite of me?" you asked.

"i do. i woke up earlier today, couldn't sleep anyways. i was really worried you know, this year's crucial as heck and you skipped school? you must've felt terrible."

hearing him say those words made you melt.

never have you ever had anyone say things like this to you, or do what he does.

you'd find it annoying on any regular day, for some reason, but today, it felt so comforting and nice.

"well that's nice of you, thank you for caring so much." you replied. shocking the both of you.

words like that will NEVER come out of your mouth, EVER. he knows that too.

he stopped walking to look at you, "are you sure you're okay? did something happen? why are you acting like that?" he asked, you could tell from his face he was genuinely concerned.

awkwardness took over as you found yourself not knowing what to say. WHY did you put yourself in such a situation. it was so much easier ignoring him.

"n-nothing happened. just became nicer i guess? plus you never really, y-you know, do anything bad to me...? i don't know why i disliked you." you replied.

ACTUALLY, you do, you never really clicked well with people like him who deeply believes fighting can solve anything. and just him always being rash.

but in that moment it just felt soooo right.

"same to be honest. but i roughly know who's the one captured that heart of yours, so not really expecting you to like me back."

you froze.

he knows??

"no you don't, because i don't have anyone in mind." you quickly replied.

"liar! i know it. i can sense it." he teased.

"well then who is it, mister?" you asked, confident he most likely wouldn't know because you don't show much affection anyways.

"do i really have to say it, it's obvious isn't it. you know it fo-"

"say it." you challenged him.

dae won let out a huge sigh,

"jungkook isn't it?"

your heart stopped.

he knows?!?

author's note:
surprise~~
i know i haven't updated for like a few months, and i genuinely don't know how time passed THIS QUICK. around february i started school so i was still able to update during the 'honeymoon' period, but things got hectic, covid 19 became a whole PANDEMIC. for my country we're still going through a circuit breaker, till june, honestly not doing very well lmao. thought i wouldn't be the type to wake up late but i wake up at like 2pm almost everyday 😭😭...

anyways, my holidays got pushed forward so, here i am, updating! i kinda lost the direction where i wanted this story to go, especially after i wrote daewon in a way i really like :(, we'll see though, jungkook or daewon 🤨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 1.1K 98
"Please stay even if I'll leave."
7.8K 565 20
🌸 Sequel to The Truth Untold 🌸 I cried over you for months, hoping that my feelings for you will go along with the tears, but no matter how many te...
11.8K 417 17
His face inched close to yours as one hand slipped on your waist, "You sure about not loving me sweetheart? Your non stop heartbeat begs to differ"
49 11 18
"She is miserable.........if I knew she is weird, I've never tried on her.......",said JK aggressively. . . "I didn't knew I am that bad for your be...