The Omega's Savior

Od thriving-13

"I didn't ask to be this way!" "What's wrong with it?" Kegan laughed dryly, amazed by the stubbornness of t... Více

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
Author's note!!!
59
60
61
62
Epilogue
Note!
Tapas

14

71.3K 2.9K 871
Od thriving-13

After they stuffed themselves with pastries, Calix and Kegan left the diner, Lys waving and calling for them to use protection. That left Kegan blushing and Calix laughing quietly at his mate's red face.

"Alpha?" Kegan asked before shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I meant Calix."

"It's fine, no need to apologize," Calix said, taking Kegan's hand in his own. "What is it?"

"Do you and your wolf have a good relationship?"

Calix paused in his tracks, thinking of how to explain their relationship. The stop in their walk made Kegan panic, thinking he'd done something wrong.

"You don't have to answer the question, it's up to you, I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm prodding and I'll accept any punishment that you have to-"

"Stop," Calix said, grabbing both of Kegan's hands and holding them in his own. "I was just thinking about what to say. You haven't offended me and you're not prodding, and I will never lay an abusive hand on you. I'm glad you are asking me questions and there's nothing wrong with asking your mate things that you're curious about."

Kegan nodded. "Okay," he whispered, stealing a look at his mate's captivating face, before pausing at his eyes.

They were their normal blue, but there were gold around the pupil, showing Calix's wolf was present and near the surface. Kegan assumed the wolf had come out during Calix's tangent, probably because of Kegan's fear of Calix and his reaction to the questions.

"Let's go sit in the garden," Calix said, pulling Kegan along with him as he began to walk again.

"Garden?"

"My mother loves flowers and we have good soil, so for her birthday some of my pack mates and I built it. There's a bunch of flowers and plants, some benches, and it's built in the middle of a grove of trees so it's more peaceful."

"That sounds so wonderful," Jade cooed, purring against the walls of Kegan's mind. "Maybe if there's no one there, he can fuck us over a garden bench."

Kegan blushed at his wolf words, shaking his head. "Are wolves always so sexual?" he asked, making Calix laugh.

"Yeah, I'm convinced that it's their defining trait," Calix said, grinning. "Zakai won't shut up."

"Neither will Jade."

Calix hummed. "He's got a few non-sexual things right, though."

Kegan raised an eyebrow. "What's that?" he asked, looking up at his mate.

"You're the most beautiful Omega in this world and we're completely head over heels for you."

Kegan couldn't help the grin that took over his face, Jade purring inside of his mind. His Alpha, his mate, the person he was supposed to trust and love for his entire life thought he was beautiful.

"Come on," Calix said, guiding Kegan through a gate in the middle of a grove of trees.

It was mid spring, so all of the flowers appeared to be blooming. There were so many colors and shapes that captivated Kegan's attention. He pulled away from Calix and went to admire a ball shaped pink flower which was actually made up of tinier flowers.

"That's called an armeria," Calix said, sitting at a bench placed under an arch weaved with wisteria. "My mother loves them."

Kegan touched the small flowers, smiling to himself. "I've never seen such a beautiful garden," he said, walking over to the bench and cautiously sitting beside Calix, ready to jump away should the Alpha suddenly get angry.

Calix furrowed his eyebrows. "Were there no gardens in the Red Claw pack?" he asked, considering most packs enjoyed having large gardens to calm down and admire.

Kegan shook his head. "Just a field of weeds. There was no Luna in the pack and growing up I was told that the Luna cared for it before she died," he explained, looking above himself at the wisteria.

"What happened to her?"

"I'm not sure. She must've died when I was a pup though, because I have no memories of her. The Alpha wasn't always bad from what I've been told. I guess he used to treat everyone with respect, but when she died he used fear to control us and blamed the Omegas for her death," Kegan said, continuing to look at the flowers and not at his mate. "I don't know why he blamed us for it, but it's nothing I can control."

Calix wrapped his arm around Kegan's waist and pulled the Omega against his side. "I'm glad I found you and that you're safe now," he murmured, closing his eyes and breathing in Kegan's scent.

Kegan hummed in agreement, not wishing to argue or tell his mate that he was still afraid. Everything had changed so quickly that Kegan couldn't keep track and he didn't know who to trust.

"I believe you asked me a question about my wolf," Calix suddenly said, making Kegan snap to attention.

"Uh, yes Al- I mean, Calix. Yes, I did," Kegan stuttered, the Alpha looking at him expectantly and waiting for the question. "Um, how is your relationship with your wolf?"

"It's a strong bond we share," Calix said, looking distantly at the fountain in the center of the garden. "We've grown up learning how to be an Alpha and how to work as a team to best serve the pack. We disagree at times but we have to find a ground to compromise. If you're enemies with your wolf, you're as good as doomed."

Kegan's gaze dropped to his feet. "C-Can I ask a second question?"

"Love, you can ask all of the questions in the world and I'll gladly answer them," Calix said, pleased by Kegan's willingness to speak and the slight comfort he seemed to have.

"Have you ever heard of a wolf not having a bond with their wolf?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, the wolf never speaking... or breaking the bond?" Kegan asked, trying to be subtle.

Calix pursed his lips in thought. "You'd know if your wolf broke the bond with you. They say it's almost as painful as your mate dying or rejecting you. I've heard that in some cases, if the wolf and human half had a strong bond, it can even kill you," he explained, shrugging at the end.

"And what about the wolf never speaking?"

"Are you having trouble connecting with Jade?" Calix asked, looking at his mate who kept his gaze on his feet.

Kegan shrugged. "We've never had a good relationship," he said sadly. "I don't know why."

"Have you ever asked him?"

"He didn't respond or even speak to me until you found us."

Calix's jaw dropped in shock. It wasn't unheard of to have a weak relationship with one's wolf if the person and wolf were weak, but it was rare for a strong Omega such as Kegan. Since Omegas tend to be more emotionally intact with others, the same often goes for their wolves and the two are connected on another plane.

"So no words ever?"

Kegan paused to think. "He used to just offer feelings and desires, but never words. I never got guidance unless I was in heat or he took control from me, but it was still in silence," he said, relaxing into Calix's grip when the Alpha moved his arm around Kegan's shoulders to soothe him.

Suddenly, Calix sat up.

"Calix?"

"Let's go."

Kegan stood up, not wanting to disobey, but he still wondered. "Where are we going?"

"I've found that when you and your wolf are having trouble, the best way to reconnect is by going on a run," Calix explained, tugging Kegan out of the garden and toward the woods. "Plus, Zakai has been dying to meet Jade."

"What if I can't regain control?!" Kegan asked fearfully.

Calix grabbed his shoulders, forcing eye contact. "Jade is not your enemy. He is your other half and you have Zakai and I to help you," he said soothingly. "Now strip and shift, love."

Kegan blushed and turned away from Calix, who smiled softly and did the same.

"Can I trust you?" Kegan asked Jade.

Jade purred. "Yes," he promised, eager to meet Zakai.

Kegan took a deep breath and tried to calm down his nerves. He closed his eyes and allowed his wolf to take over.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

133K 5.9K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
81.9K 1.9K 20
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗢𝗻𝗲 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 boyxboy Alpha Kyler and alpha Dom have been enemies for as long as they can remember. So what happens...
953K 39.1K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...
3.8M 158K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...