CLOUD NINE

Od Shreya_VA

A budding writer with a bunch of ingenious rebels risk their lives to try and overthrow an oppressive governm... Více

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
EPILOGUE
Author's Note
Wattpad India Awards 2020 (Sticker + Certificate)

Chapter 24

114 36 16
Od Shreya_VA

"Pink Plasma Mojito for us," Aileana set down the glasses with a violent clink. The pink liquid swirled in a clear alcoholic base like agitated plasma in a sea of liquid.

"I'll just go grab a Candycloud Shake," Alizeh got up. Aileana's eyes followed her as she made her way to the bar. She couldn't even walk slowly to bid some time. She fidgeted on her feet, not daring to look back. The barman placed her tall glass on the counter and smiled at her mockingly. "Yes. I don't drink. Got it?" Alizeh looked straight at him, wishing she looked like Agent Z. The ogling man's smile faded on his lips as she flipped her hair and walked off with the red and white drink jiggling in the glass.

She felt the tension in the air as she settled on her chair. Aileana was sitting with her arms crossed and her drink untouched. Nina was shuffling uncomfortably in her seat. Seeing Alizeh she sat up a bit straighter.

"So, what are you hiding from me?" Aileana crossed her arms, looking from one to the other.

"We aren't hiding anything, Lean..."

"I'm not a fool. I believe my own ears when I hear something," Aileana cut her off rudely.

"And I don't think you should eavesdrop on conversations," Nina commented angrily. Aileana looked a bit taken aback.

"Lean, listen," Alizeh spoke very slowly, hoping she'd understand what Alizeh meant to say, "I didn't say 'don't say to Aileana.'. I precisely said 'don't say about Aileana.' There's a difference."

"About? Why won't she say about me?" Aileana seemed to have bought the explanation, which was partly true.

"Because," Alizeh sighed, "where we work, those places aren't safe. They don't like people on our cloud. I don't want them to know we have someone in the cloud who's dear to us. It'll give them an advantage over us."

"Ah! You could've said it earlier," Aileana seemed to relax a bit.

"Because we know you don't like to be babied," Nina lied through her teeth. Her eyes met Alizeh's. Alizeh made sure hers had no expression on them.

"Look at us. We're sitting here arguing on our first outing. Damn!" Aileana got up, shaking her head.

"Who'll join me on the dance floor?" Nina announced, making her way to the darkest corner where the silver light overhead played in specks of all colours. Aileana immediately dragged Alizeh in the middle of a few enthusiasts who were busy shaking their booty to the tunes of the music. "I can't dance," Alizeh mumbled in protest.

"Come on. Everyone can dance," Aileana squealed before taking her hands and moving her own body to the tunes of the songs blaring from the atmos speakers. Aileana made some halfhearted swinging movements to her hips. Nina came from somewhere, clicking her fingers as she closed her eyes and both Aileana and she coordinated perfectly in a graceful motion. Alizeh felt awkward standing there in the middle of the disco floor.

"Feel the beats," Nina shouted to her, "Like this," she closed her eyes, moving her body to the right and the left with each consecutive drum beat. Alizeh followed suit and closed her eyes, letting the music sink into her body. She could feel the beats ebbing and flowing like the rhythms of her heart. It was an experience like never before. She opened her eyes and lo behold, she was following the music, albeit clumsy.

The three formed a closed circle and danced to their fullest, no doubt catching the eye of many people, in their designer dresses.

"How lucky for you to have a dress designer boss...Yoo-hoo!" Aileana almost shouted in her ear. "Lucky us," Nina whistled. After a few more dances and swigs of alcohol, they settled down back on their seats.

"I need a drink, man. I'm parched," Alizeh mewed weakly.

"Lemme get that!" Aileana got up with renewed energy.

"No..."

"No alcohol. I got it, babe," Aileana crooned, moving to the bar.

"I really need to go to meet Ash!" Nina drawled.

"You're in no condition. You're totally tipsy. Someone will kidnap you if you go out in this condition," Alizeh retorted.

"Aahh...Fine, mother hen. I'll just call Ash to pick me up," Nina sounded more comical than angry as she dialled his number.

"Here's your Raspberry Mojito and my Fire vodka," Aileana was back with two glasses. She extended the red one to Alizeh.

"Mojito? But I..."

"Alizeh, it's a non-alcoholic one," Nina sounded annoyed. "I have had it before. It's good."

"Okay," Alizeh mumbled, taking a sip. The liquid felt bubbly with a tang and it was warm on her tongue. They talked about this and that for a while until Nina's phone rang.

"Guys. I think I'll stay over at his place tonight, so I'm collecting my luggage from home," Nina announced, jiggling her keys.

"See you next weekend, Lean," she placed a little kiss on Aileana's cheek before hopping out of the bar. They both laughed over her excitement. "Seems like hot sex tonight!" Alizeh winked.

Aileana excused herself to the washroom as Alizeh sat alone sipping her drink. She was feeling a bit fuzzy. Must be the exhaustion, she thought. She looked around at the lights. They were glaring in her eyes. Halos danced in her vision.

"Hey, I'm back. So, what do you do exactly at the cloud?" Aileana sat down beside her in Nina's empty chair.

"Nothing much. I help my miss...I mean mistress with dresses..."Alizeh replied, wondering at the slip.

"But I thought you were the maid. You don't design dresses," Aileana pointed out.

"No. I have another job..."

"What job?" Aileana's image doubled in her vision. Alizeh's head felt heavy.

"Job...writing..." Alizeh as losing the train of her thoughts. Her mind seemed to have liquefied in a few minutes and it was difficult to get hold of concrete thoughts.

"Writing what?"

"Wait. I feel funny," Alizeh got up but her feet were unsteady. She collapsed into her seat again. "What did you do?"

"What?" Aileana's blurry image looked hesitant.

"You spiked my drink. You fucking mixed alcohol in my mojito," Alizeh's voice rose an octave. She felt anger. She felt betrayal. All the feelings were getting muddled up into an all-consuming sadness.

"I...I didn't mean to...I thought I could get you...t...to...speak," Aileana stammered.

"You bitch!" Alizeh screamed. More than one heads turned to them.

"Is there a problem, miss?" one concerned man was at her side, helping her up.

"This woman has no consideration for my religion or my choices. She effing spiked my drink," Alizeh spluttered, lifting an accusing finger at her friend.

"Here. Have some lemon water," someone from the crowd offered her a drink.

She grabbed the glass with shaking hands and dunked the whole in one gulp. In a few minutes, her head felt lighter and she could focus once more.

Aileana was busy giving explanations as to how it was just a harmless prank on her roommate. Alizeh got up. This was the last straw. She had never imagined Aileana could stoop that low.

"Excuse me, but could you perhaps drop me home?" Alizeh asked a kind looking lady in her mid-thirties.

"Sure hon!" the lady replied as they exited the place. Alizeh didn't turn back even once. She was done with Aileana.

A/N What do you think will happen next? Will Alizeh forgive her? How will their lives change?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

22.6K 1.8K 89
WINNER OF THE @WATTPADSERIES 'SERIES-OSLY GOOD READ' COMPETITION!!! - NO HUMAN CONTACT. EVER. In order to survive , this was the rule Pip had to fol...
41K 566 14
Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx The Year is 2043, and the World has been the most peaceful, ever since the United States left NATO. They left...
9.5K 1.3K 25
⊰ The Wattys 2021 Shortlist ⊱ ⊰ Winner of the Wattpad India Awards 2020 Fantasy and Adventure ⊱ ; Two brave hearts emerged from the tragedy- one a sa...
785 59 27
WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS SCENES THAT SOME MAY FIND TRIGGERING. UPDATE: SUNDAY HEADS UP: I associate music a lot with writing. One I can do, the o...