All good things

Door WarmthOfRain

An AU Jimon story, where Simon meets Jace and has no idea what he's getting himself into. Most of the charact... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue
The sequel (Author's note)

Chapter 19

196 13 34
Door WarmthOfRain

A/N: This is the last chapter of this book. I will do an epilogue after this and then, if you'd like, I will do a sequel, but right now I needed to finish this, so I can focus on my other books as well. For now, please enjoy this chapter! :)x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know how you make a big plan, think ahead and then nothing goes the way you wanted it to and it all just goes to shit? So, if you actually didn't have a plan and had no clue what you were about to do, things should turn out great, right? Is that even logical? Well, even if it is, that's also complete bullshit. Because Simon didn't have a solid plan, he hadn't any clue as to what was about to happen, but when it did, it absolutely did end up being a marvelous shit-show.

After Luke had been filled in on all the necessary details, they had just over 48 hours to figure out, how their plan would work. It consisted of many cups of coffee's, more than 20 hours of being awake, cursing out loud, throwing a particular glass bottle against a wall and paperwork combined with the data on the computer, that could have given the FBI a run for their money. After all that, Simon felt like he could sleep for days. Literally, days. 

Before it all went down, though, Luke had insisted they do sleep and eat. Both of which seemed over-rated activities to Simon at the time. His stomach was definitely not in the mood for food, and he felt like his jittering nerves and rushing heartbeat wouldn't let him sleep, even if he wanted to. But on that particular afternoon, when they were supposed to set their spectacularly vague plan into motion, Luke thrusted a bowl of porridge in front of him and made him eat it all, while he was watching. Simon felt like he could throw up, but the look on Luke's face was something he couldn't argue with. Needless to say, he felt like a 12 year old again. With a pang, he realized he hadn't called his mom in a while. He should probably do that, before he...

"Alright, are we good to go?" Mark asked, almost too cheerfully, and Simon knew it was to mask his nervous state, that they were probably all in. He leaned down, to attach another holster to his thigh, when Simon went to the bedroom, to get his bulletproof vest on. Luke was talking to his team through radio, so Simon thought it best not to know what they were up to. Essentially, they knew what both sides - Simon and Mark vs Luke and his team - were about to do, just now exactly how. The first part of the plan collided beautifully, the second part however, was a gray area to both of them. Luke had said it then and said it once again, when Simon told him the plan - "The less I know, the better."

Simon attached a knife to his belt and pulled out his handguns, attaching them to the holsters as well. After a thought, he slid another knife to the inside of his combat boots. Just in case. He set the earpiece and then took out his phone. It was now or never. He dialed the number and waited.

"Monkey! Is everything alright? You haven't called me in ages!" his mothers voice rang out and Simon felt guilt set in his stomach. "I know, mum, I'm sorry. I just needed to...take care of some things and I've been busy with school." he said, feeling even worse lying to Elaine. "Oh, of course, that's alright, sweetheart. How is school, by the way?" she asked and Simon felt himself deflate. He missed his mom, and Becky. He sat down on the bed, looking out the window. The sun was still high in the sky. "It's been great. I just wanted to call you to tell you that..." he started but thought about it. He couldn't make his mum suspicious, but he really needed to say this to her. "...that I love you. And miss you. Becks, too." he said, trying to sound casual. There was a little bit of silence and then some shuffling. "We love you, too, Simon. Are you sure you're alright, monkey?" she asked, her voice concerned and Simon smiled. "Yes, positive. Just give Becky my best okay?" he said and felt his throat constrict. He swallowed. "Of course. Maybe we could go out next week? Just us, as a family. Have brunch?" she asked cheerfully and Simon blinked to keep the tears at bay. He nodded, but realized Elaine couldn't see it so he cleared his throat. "Yes, I'd like that. See you then, I'll call as soon as I know my schedule." he replied, his heart pounding in his chest. "Okay, sweetie. Bye, I love you!" she said and Simon closed his eyes. "Bye, mum. I love you." he said quickly, before she could say anything about the strain in his voice.

He hung up and sat on the bed, staring out the window, still. He wondered if he'd get to see his mother and Becky again. Or his friends. He loved them all so much. But there was one person, whom he also loved, so much, and who needed him, more than anyone right now. When Mark knocked on the door, Simon stood up and nodded. "Let's go." he said, closing his bedroom door behind him.

***

It all happened very fast. When Simon and Mark were in position, it seemed like it would all happen quietly. They certainly didn't expect to hear and see a considerably big explosion half-way from the hotel to the Embassy. The convoy of cars scattered, and Simon could see through the thicket of smoke, that there were masked man heading towards the car the French Ambassador was supposed to be in. Now, Simon was thinking that he could identify Jace fairly quickly and make his way to him, but what actually happened was - Mark screamed something that he didn't hear, he spotted Luke shouting at his men to 'move forward', he noticed guns pointed at him when he dived behind a van that had crashed and was now laying on its side; the 'bad guys' as Simon liked to call them all looked so fucking alike. They were covered in black clothing and masks, the only thing by which he could set them apart was their build and height. The smoke around them didn't do much good to his vision, but he managed to see how Mark was running towards the woman being dragged from the car. She was wearing a very formal attire, as expected, but that didn't stop the blonde from kicking out and screaming, when the guys held her arms behind her back. Simon saw her bit one of them and the guy screamed. When he hit her, Simon rose up and ran towards them. 

Mark was already there, shooting at them and Simon crouched behind another car, peering out. It was chaos - a lot of shooting and shouting, but Simon searched for Luke, to make sure he was okay. He looked fine, on the other side of the street, hiding behind a corner while shooting at Jonathan's men. Suddenly, someone was there with Simon and he reacted quicker than he thought he could. The guy who had been meaning to knock him out, probably, now lay on the sidewalk, with a knife in his chest. Simon panted. Looking around, he finally spotted the person he was looking for.

Jace was standing next to a black van, holding a rifle. Simon knew it was him, because firstly, he wasn't doing any shooting. Secondly, he was standing at the van with an open door, as if waiting for something - probably for the 'bad guys' to drag Lydia Branwell into the car. Thirdly, he wasn't alone. Jonathan wasn't wearing a mask, and he was smiling at that was happening. He hadn't even bothered to cover up, probably because he knew he'd get out of there. Simon rose up and made his way to them in a circle, effectively shielding himself from all the flying bullets. He glanced at Mark, who at the very moment, knocked one of the guys holding the Ambassador on the ground. Simon raised his gun and aimed - shooting the other one right between his eyes. Mark turned his head and, upon seeing Simon, nodded to him with a smile. Simon nodded back and continued to sneak up on the van. He had his back to it now, very well aware that he was so close to getting Jace out of there. Just go around the van and...

He heard a scream and saw that Lydia had been shot in the shoulder, at the same time he heard Jonathan scream something like 'no, stop!' and then he saw Jonathan raising his gun. Simon hopped over the hood and landed right on top of Jonathan, dragging him down with him. He heard Jace shout something and he reached for the knife in his boot, taking it out and stabbed Jonathan with it. He wasn't sure where he hit him, but the man instantly loosened his hold on Simon, yelling. Simon got up and from the corner of his eye saw Jonathan's guys advancing. He grabbed Jace, making the blonde look at him in horror. "Simon, what are you..." he started but Simon stopped him, dragging him behind the van again. "I have no time to explain, but I need you to do excactly what I tell you to." he stated and for a second, but only a second, Jace had a doubtful look on his face. But then he nodded. Simon managed a smile and then peeked out from the van. He saw Luke's guys taking a hold of Lydia, sheltering her and he knew it was now or never. While Jonathan's guys were occupied with Luke's team, he shot up, his hold on Jace's arm strong and firm, and ran towards an empty alleyway across the street. 

There was a gunshot and Jace grunted in pain and Simon felt him falter, but he was still holding his arm. He turned, his heart beating like crazy and saw the wound on Jace's thigh. He sighed in relief - at least it wasn't fatal. He stopped, crouching next to the blonde. "Ah, fuck, not again." Jace cursed and Simon had the hysterical feeling to laugh. He stopped himself and kneeled down, seeing that behind Jace, Jonathan was standing. "Did you really think you could get away with this?" the red-head asked and Simon raised an eyebrow. Before he could say anything, Jonathan raised his gun again. Jace shouted something and got up, his thigh bleeding, he pulled Simon with him and the brunette complied, but he knew that Jonathan had a clear shot. He shoved Jace forward, so only his back was in Jonathan's view, but when he heard a gunshot, he didn't feel anything. They made it to the alleyway, where Simon kneeled next to the manhole cover and with a grunt, pulled it away. He then looked up at Jace, who looked horrified, and Simon followed his gaze back to the street. Jonathan was standing there with his gun out and advancing towards them, while Mark lay on the ground behind him, un-moving. 

Simon screamed, hopping up and his face contorted in anger, but Jace caught his arm. "Simon! Simon, listen to me! There's nothing you can do! You have to trust Luke to..." the blonde was caught off when another bullet ricochet off the wall next to them and Simon eyed Jonathan, who was almost there, the wicked smile on his face evident. Simon felt the tears in his eyes as he looked at Mark and whispered "I'm so sorry." He grabbed Jace and shoved him towards the manhole, forcing him to move down the latter, following suit.

He felt a numbing pain in his hand as he hopped down and realized the bullet had grazed him, but it was just a cut wound. He eyed Jace, who was now standing on the ground, in the dark. Simon took out his flashlight and took Jace's hand. "Can you run?" he asked and when they hear voices above, Jace nodded with a determination in his eyes. Simon felt the need to take a second, he breathed out and kissed Jace's cheek. "Then let's go." he said and they ran.

***

Jace felt the pain in his leg with every step he took, but he gritted his teeth and pushed past it. He had no idea where they were heading, but Simon seemed to know, as he rounded the corners like he had been there before. The smell was horrible, but Jace couldn't even think about that right now. He knew that if no-one had taken Jonathan down, then he was following them and it was only a matter of time when he found them. Simon suddenly stopped, rounding another corner and leaned against the wall, stopping Jace, too. He stared at Simon, who was panting and took out a paper from his pocket. He examined the brunette - he looked like hell, probably just like he himself did. But his eyes were still the sparkling brown and his hair the same mess as always. He noticed Simon chewing on his lip ring and he leaned next to him, with a frown in his face. "Are we lost?" he asked, nodding to towards the paper that Simon held. It looked like a plan for the sewer systems. The brunette seemed startled. "No? Why do you think that?" he asked and Jace chuckled. "Your're chewing on your lip ring. It means you're nervous." he stated, leaning down to inspect his wound. He heard Simon scoff. "We're being chased by a murderous asshole, who tried killing us both, twice now. Are you saying you are not nervous?" the brunette said and Jace smiled, coming back up. "We're not lost. I just need to think for a second." Simon said then and Jace nodded. "I trust you." he said simply.

Simon smiled slightly and Jace felt a little better. But the stabbing pain in his leg wouldn't go away. Simon eyed him with concern. "I know you're in pain, but it's not much further and we need to go. Are you okay to walk?" he asked and Jace rolled his eyes. "I can run, no big deal. Been shot worse before." he reminded Simon and the brunette rolled his eyes. He extended his hand and Jace took it, following him.

After what felt like 30 minutes to Jace, they stopped in front of a small hole in the wall. He eyed it suspiciously. Simon glanced at him. "I know how it looks. But you said you trust me, right?" he asked and Jace didn't hesitate when he nodded. he followed Simon through. It was a narrow kind of corridor and they both had to crouch because of the low ceiling, but after a few minutes, it started to ascend. Jace frowned, but followed Simon and soon, he could see a glimmering light above. It turned out to be sunlight and he could hear water. When they made it to the end of the corridor, Jace realized they had been walking in water and that's why he had heard the sound of it. It was trickling down from the barred up hole, just big enough for them to fit through. Simon was searching his pockets for something as Jace eyed the thing. He could see a street above them, that looked dark and empty. The water was coming down because of... "It's raining." he observed and looked at Simon, who stopped what he was doing. "Yes, Sherlock, it is." Simon replied sarcastically and Jace chuckled. He held up his hands. "Well, what now, Watson? How are we supposed to..." he said, as sarcastically, but Simon held something up in his hand, looking victorious. "Is that an explosive?" Jace asked, suspicious. Simon nodded and moved past him, attaching the thing to the bars. 

He moved back, dragging Jace with him and they went back down for a few meters. Simon smiled at Jace when he pushed the button and the blonde almost laughed at that. Simon was acting like he had a new toy. When the explosion happened, Jace's ears ringed a bit, but it wasn't as bad as the one they had made back at that street. "I've always wanted to do that." Simon said happily and Jace shook his head, following the blond. Through the thick dust he could see the bars that had blown off and bits of metal lying on the street. He heaved himself through the hole and cried out, when his leg scraped across the street. He stood still for a moment and Simon was right next to him. "Hey, let me see that." the brunette said and Jace let him inspect it. He didn't even look at his wound as Simon took off his vest and jacket, to rip off a piece of his shirt to tie it around Jace's leg. He looked concerned, determined but above, there was a softness to his features as he tended to the wound. Jace smiled at him, noticing the little frown on his face as his fingers worked to get the bleeding under control. "There, nothing else I can do right now, but I have a car waiting for us, so we just have to drive for a while before we can..." Simon was saying, but Jace grabbed him by the shirt and the brunette fell onto him.

Jace let his lips move against Simon and he could scream from happiness. He was here, with Simon, finally! He moved his hand to Simon's cheek when he pulled back and Simon smiled at him brightly. "Thank you." Jace whispered and Simon's smile faltered. "I would've never let you go to prison. Or worse." Simon replied, shaking his head and his eyes were now sad. Jace set their foreheads together. "I'm sorry, about everything." he breathed out next, thinking of his grandmother, then of Simon's family and his friends, Mark... "Don't be sorry. I would do it again, if it means I get to have you with me." Simon said, kissing the corner of his mouth. Jace felt like he could just lie down there and hold Simon close, just the two of them. Unfortunately, that wasn't an option.

Simon heaved him up, with an apologetic look and they started their way down the street. "Where are we?" he asked Simon and the brunette looked around. "Somewhere in the outskirts of the city. This part of it is abandoned so no one should have heard the explosion. Even if they did, I doubt some homeless dudes will make a fuss over it." Simon replied, holding Jace up with his body, one arm wrapped around his waist and the other holding Jace's arm around Simon's neck. Whe they reached around the corner, Simon let go of him, gently leaning him on the wall. Jace watched as Simon uncovered a car under some sort of sheet. It was an old camaro, black and looked very dusty, still Jace whistled. "Nice ride." he commented, trying to sound cheerful through the pain. Simon gave him a smile. "Knew you'd like it. It's Mark's car." he said and Jace saw his face fall a little. He went up to the brunette, putting a hand on his shoulder and looking at him. "He is going to be fine. Luke will take care of him." Jace assured and Simon nodded, not looking convinced. He helped Jace into the car, before sliding to the drivers seat.

He started the car and Jace stared at him. When Simon realized this he turned his head towards him. "What?" he asked, incredulous. "Nothing, I just love you so damn much." Jace said, surprising himself with the words. Simon laughed, for the first time in a while he looked like he was genuenly happy. He leaned over the gearbox and kissed Jace. It was quick but sweet, leaving Jace's lips tingle with a warmth that he would've loved to enjoy just a little bit more. "And I love you, angel." Simon replied and Jace felt his heart leap in his chest. "Don't worry, from now on, it'll be all good things, only." he continued and Jace felt a flicker of hope form in his chest. Maybe, Simon was right.

When they drove out of the city, it was still dark. It felt like midnight and Jace was exhausted, so was Simon, probably, but he didn't sleep. At least, not at the beginning. He stared at Simon, his aching leg stretched out, and felt himself be content for the first time in months. He didn't know if Simon had a plan. He didn't even care. He just never wanted to let him go again. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: If this seemed a little bit too chaotic, I'm sorry. I have ideas on how to continue this as a sequel, but it depends on how you'd like me to proceed. I hope you enjoyed this book, I personally like how it turned out. It has gotten some great feedback from you guys, so thank you for sticking with me! I will post the epilogue some time next week, until then, vote and let me know what you thought of this story, and if you'd like for me to do a sequel! Love you guys :)x

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

41.6K 1.7K 26
ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ꜱᴏᴜʟ ʜᴀᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ. ʟɪᴢᴢɪᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʟᴀʀʏ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴅ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏ...
133K 2.8K 30
All original characters belong to Cassandra Clare. This story was made for entertainment purposes only. BASED ON THE TV SHOW First book in the 'Our F...
320K 7.9K 81
MALEC MALEC I FREAKING LOVE MALEC IT IS THE OTP OF OTP'S based off of the books and Tv show : ) Requests are open. Also I don't own any characters...
24.4K 1.4K 15
Seaside, Florida is the Beverly Hills of beach rentals and cottages overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Alexander Lightwood founds himself trapped in th...