Meri Cousin Behna โœ” (Ehmmbh S...

By _PerfectlySplendid_

*BEING EDITED CURRENTLY* Manvi is like a wrecking ball. You will miss her when she's gone. You'll hate her w... More

Cast & Characters (Aesthetics)
Prelude- Teen saal, Do mahine
1. I hate my behna
3) Meri Behna? Aa gayi!
4) Meri Behna? Sunn nahi rahi
5) Meri Behna? Mastered in Masking
6) Meri Behna: Is a good actress
7) Meri Behna? Broke my heart
8) Meri Behna? Fixed my soul
9) Meri Behna? I hate that I love her
10. Meri Behna? I love that I can never hate her
11) Meri Behna? Cryptic
12) Meri Behna? Oblivious
13) Meri Behna? It was an accident
14) Meri Behna? So many Memories
15) Meri Behna? My Light
16) Meri Behna? My Peace
17) Meri Behna? Aur uska best friend
18) Meri Behna? Aur uska ex-boyfriend
19) Meri Behna? Too close, yet far
20) Meri Behna? Too messed up
21) Meri Behna? It is happening
22) Meri Behna? It happened
REUNION โ™กโ™กโ™ก
23) Meri Behna? I miss her
24) Meri Behna? I hate her
Bonus (1) Virman Vs. Virika

2) Meri Behna?: I miss her

630 49 11
By _PerfectlySplendid_

UNEDITED, there could be the 5 year/3 year thing, ignore it

2) Meri Behna? : I miss her

Janvi's POV

Ultimate Fam Playlist: Yeh Meri Family theme song

The Journey is my Home, a quote which I read today on the internet that made me think for five minutes straight. I have never liked the idea of being a traveler, never liked new places or new things. I am like the old soul who loves to be stuck in the old comfy place, my home. But to journey around, travelling the world, to go find your home, well that is something.

That being said, I have travelled to a few places in India. I've visited Mumbai, Delhi, Goa, and of course Chandigarh, but there's nothing more beautiful than being in Hrishikesh. No one ever wants to leave once you breathe in the solace. Hrishikesh has the most beautiful river, it has powerful worshipers, more than that it has beautiful people who will definitely treat you like you're one of them.

However, I love Hrishikesh because of the river Ganga and moreover because that river has the last memoirs of my mother and my badi maa, technically my massi.

My mother, Maanvi Chaudhary was a known face in Hrishikesh. Every person I run into keep reminding me of how big of a storm my mother was back in her days and how everyday she'd land up in trouble.

My heart swells in pride and melts in warmth whenever I hear people speak about my mother.

But, as much as I am my mother's daughter, I, Janvi Chaudhary, have often been mistaken for Jeevika Vadhera (then Chaudhary). It's like my second name here because every person who interacts with me often mistake me for being Jeevika's daughter. And those people do include my own family members. Every time anyone calls me Jeevika, all I feel is immense pride. Because I may be Maanvi Chaudhary's daughter, but being compared to my badi maa, is the highest privilege I've could ever get.

The Ganga holds the ashes of my mother and my badi maa and every other day I end up sitting near the river, keeping to myself. I don't talk to them because if I do, I'd start crying but I like to sit quietly, try listening to the gushing river. 

Mansi would do the talking of course. 

At times when we were together, we'd sit on the river bank and she'd keep on talking to both our mothers and everything. Then at the end she'd get a little emotional and hug me and then I'd cry too.

God do I miss her.

'Who made breakfast? Dabbu, did you make?' Chachi-Nani's loud question broke my trance as she approached the nicely laid breakfast table.

'Pinky, you still think your son can do stuff?' Chachu-Nanu followed her, annoyed by his wife's screaming which apparently woke everyone up.

I kept watching them from the kitchen, waiting for my Dabbu mama to enter because after Samar, he was the comical one in the family.

'Wow mom, I dreamt about paratha and you made them for me. How sweet!'

And immediately he got a spank from his mother, 'I am so old yet still get no help from you or your wife. Where is your highness?'

Dabbu mamu feigned being hurt and sat on the table, helping himself with a glass of lassi, 'She went to her in-laws place last night. Some wedding to attend or something.'

'Did she take my Samar too? Why did you let her take my Samar?'

'Daadiiii' Came a screaming voice from the last room, 'It is Sam and not Samar and I hate weddings.' His eyes widened at the lavish spread on the table, 'Pakorahs. Wow.'

And like his dad, he helped himself too. My nanu shook his head and sat, while my nani brought my favourite person out.

My badi beeji (BB)! 

'Every day I've to hear all of you screaming. And Pinky tone it down, it's not good for your age.' She scolded her daughter in-law like always, she could walk on her own but sometimes needed help, 'And Dabbu, you're a dad of a fifteen year old beta, when will you grow?'

BB sat on the head seat while everyone else sat on their seats, they were still wondering who made such aromatic breakfast for them. 'And it's been twenty three years now, you'll should know only one person makes such perfect round paratha.'

Smiling, I held the jalebis and presented myself to my sweet weird family.

'Surprise! Today's breakfast is on me. Janvi special.'

One may wonder who'd get up at six in the morning, rush to their neighbouring house, enter their house in the most silent way possible and cook two dishes and two desserts for their family only to have their huge smile melt me down?

Me. I just live for their smiles.

And literally all of them were smiling at me. As widely as they can, happy to see me even though I stay next door.

'Mera baccha.' My Nani exclamied, while I took blessings from BB, 'Why did you have to do all this sweetheart?'

'Arey nani. You're backache keeps your smile upside down and Janvi is here to fix it.'

She side hugged me and made me sit next to her, 'Learn Dabbu, Samar, learn from my Janvi.'

'So good to have you here after so long.' Nanu said lovingly, 'Come here often gudiya, We miss you.'

'Yes. And Samar is an idiot, and I'd love my daughter with me more often than this one.' Dabbu chachu said smiling while Samar frowned.

'Haw. Nothing against my baby brother.'

'I am not a baby, I'm thirteen. Beeji!'

'Virat kaha hai beta?' Badi beeji said, 'Is he not dining with us?'

And then on the very moment my Paa entered, smiling because he like me waiting for his entry.

Such a dramatic father, I swear.

'I was hoping you'd call me.'

He took their blessings and sat besides me, while Samar and Dabbu chachu sat across from us. We all helped ourselves with the food and they all thanked me for making it.

This was small family. There was a portrait of my mother and badi ma just behind the table and they all made me who I am today.

Everyone loved everyone here. And the best part was that they showed it. My BB would keep screaming at my Pinky nani but whenever the latter was worried, my BB would be the first to know.

My nanu chachu never said a lot to me, but he often looked at me with such love, I never needed words to understand he missed his daughters.

My Dabbu mama was my personal warrior. He was extremely fond of me and would die than have anything happen to me.

My brother Samar was my personal best, he knew me in and out. And thankfully we didn't words to express each other. All I had to do was look at him and he'd get that.

And my Paa? The big physically built person seated next to me? He was my best friend.

Virat Chaudhary was my hero. And not just in words. I've seen him enslaved for years at a job he didn't like for me to get a good education. I've seen him go to bed hungry because I may eat something. I've seen him miss my mother so much to the point it made him cry. Afterall he did take my mother's surname.

He's the best out there and this is the best family.

But behind their smiles they were masking emotions because Samar just mentioned that tomorrow was the day we'd head for Chandigarh.

And Chandigarh was where my cousin sister lived.

For me, she is more than a cousin, more than a sister to be honest. That girl literally held the key to my sanity.

For my family, she was the replica of Manvi Chaudhary. And they missed her.

Sure I may be their Jeevika but without a crazy Manvi making this house turn insane, Chaudhary's weren't the same.

'Yes Sam.' I addressed the issue, 'Pack your bags everyone. We're leaving today.'

My father tensed up, 'Janvi, I don't feel you should. I don't think I can let you. After what happened last time...'

'Paa, Last time was a misunderstanding.'

'Do they think that?' My dad heated up quickly, 'Do they think this was a misunderstanding or do they think you're at fault?'

See now my dad was the coolest person I've seen. Always collected and lively. But whenever anyone spoke about the Vadhera's, he would tense up pretty bad.

And until now I would feel it's more because of Mansi and me, but now I think I know why.

'Paa, please. I am twenty three now, I can handle it. Also, it was my mom's dream.' He took deep breaths while everyone stopped eating and just saddened, 'And do you'll want my mother's spirit to haunt you'll. Because I think she is capable of that.'

'Yea. Manvi di is capable of that.' Dabbu chachu spoke, actually looking here and there, 'When alive she would come to eat me. I'm afraid she has an upper hand now.'

That lightened everyone's mood, 'Yea that is definitely Manvi.' My dad spoke, 'I don't want you hurt sweetie. Your mother was a strong headed person who never listened to me or anyone here and faced her challenges. She knew whom to not answer back and when. Sweetie you always take everything on yourself, just like...'

'Badi ma.' I answered for him, the respect he had for badi ma was uncanny, his eyes softened and everyone else sighed with those memories, 'But like my badi ma, I am strong okay. And badi ma promised mom that we'd meet every five years and you know badi ma would've wanted me to keep this promise.'

They nodded and agreed, but my dad was all tensed up. I may not be chirpy like Mansi and ease their mood, but I did what I could do best.

Talk to them.

_

The rest of the day went in packing and screaming. Everyone were busy in their preparation to reach Chandigarh.

I can give you a short summary.

BB had called the elders in Chandigarh, I'm assuming Vanshi daadi or bua daadi, and told them about the formal details.

Pinky nani was busy packing her favourite salwar and suits while making chachu help her selecting them. Dabbu mammu tried escaping but failed and nanu read the newspaper laughing at them.

My brother Samar was already packed and kept a steady eye on me. Trying hard to read me but I had masked my emotions well.

I do want to be a lawyer some day, so gotta keep that intact.

And my dad? He wasn't going to join us to Vadhera house.

Like always.

'Jaan? Do you have a minute for your Pa?'

I smiled at him, he was persuading me to not go, 'Pa, please. You're worrying about nothing.'

'Gudiya, you can fool this world, but you cannot fool me sweetheart. I am not sure but I feel you have something else in your mind.'

He studied me while I chuckled, 'No Pa, I just want to honour my dead mother's pact. And of course to see my sister and my Vadhera family.'

I timed it to see his reaction and after so many years, he still flinches on the name of the Vadheras. Of course I wasn't going to tell him that this time I wasn't going to Chandigarh to just meet my cousin.

I was going to confirm my doubts.

'I know you're strong, because you're my kid. But I know you love Mansi and anything she'll say will affect you. And knowing that she's gone after your mother, she will unintentionally affect you.' He gave me his emotional blackmail eyes, 'And I am going to miss you for one whole month.'

Time to play back.

'So you think I'll be hurt there?'

He nodded.

'And that you will be worried here?'

The nodding speed increased.

'And that I wouldn't have anyone there?'

It was vigorous now.

'Then you come too Paa.'

And his face fell.

I knew why he hadn't gone to Chandigarh since so many years, I just needed some solid confirmation.

'You know my work right baccha.'

Same old same old.

'I know. But don't you miss Mansi? Veer?'

He looked at me, his eyes softened and a small smile hit his face, 'Of course I do. That girl is so much like your mom. She is practically my daughter. But you know...'

'Work'

We said together and laughed. I hugged my dad, getting a little teary. I've hardly stayed away from him and every time I do, it makes me homesick.

'Hey! You all are coming here in May. I'll definitely take some time out in May when you come back okay.' He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead, 'Now be a good girl and keep me updated. And...' He wiped my tears which often leaked from my eyes.

I swear I'm so emotional for no reason.

'I will always be a call away. Just have to message me SOS and I'm running to take you back.' My father was a big softie, he side hugged me, 'You are all I've left.'

'You too.'

'Now continue packing yea! Let me help beeji with hers and wait... Samar, come here.'

There goes my baby brother.

'Yes Fufa?'

'Tu Janvi ka kya hai?'

'Bhai!'

'Abhey.'

'Paa'

'Sorry, Sam baby. What have I appointed you as?'

'Janvi's bodyguard'

My dad had trained my brother to be his personal spy and to protect me at all costs. He had taught him how good brothers always looked after their sisters and made him tell everything.

That's why Mansi always drove Samar away from us. I didn't have the heart to tell my baby brother no, but only Mansi could give him a run for his money.

'Take good care of your sisters, both of them. And you're my good son right, tell your fufa everything.'

My dad loved Samar just as Dabbu mama loved me, and Samar feared my dad and was in awe of him. I let them have their moment while I sat besides a thoughtful badi beeji.

'I know BB, you miss Mansi. And i know how much my mother meant to you'll. I really want you'll to meet Mansi after these five years with a smile.' She caressed my hair lovingly, she may scream at everyone, including Mansi, but never me, 'I also know that she is this house's favourite...'

'Na baccha.' She stopped me, 'Never think that this house discriminates between its children. You are as important to this family as Mansi is. And so what if she is like your mother. Sure Manvi kept this house all happy and lively, but Jeevika was the peace of this house. Just like you're my peace. I'm not going to choose this house's happiness over peace.'

My eyes watered again, I hugged my BB, 'I know. But Mansi misses you'll a lot. I know my sister. It's been three years. I just want you'll to greet her by forgetting everything that happened last time.'

BB nodded, 'We will Janvi, but can you? Our hearts will instantly melt when we'll see Mansi but can you forget whatever happened?'

Have I forgiven Mansi and my Vadhera family?

Obviously

Did I forget what happened?

I wish.

But this time I'm not going to make amends. I'm going with a mission. Hoping it will finally reunite both my families.

_

'When will you be back?'

'In a month.'

'That is so many days. I am going to miss you.'

Manav Singh, my friend was upset that I was ditching him for a month. Pretty much before the unfortunate incident which happened three years back, Mansi was my best friend.

Literally.

We lived in different cities but managed to get one day every month to spend together. She saved up for all the trips we had to different cities. Had so many video calls and con call, I've lost count. Many a times I'd sing her to sleep or she'd read me something so I'd sleep, while being on video call.

But after what happened last time, she split away from me. And it was difficult for me to let go of someone who was practically my twin.

Then I met Manav, in my doctor's clinic, so happy that I snapped at him for being cheerful. And I'm not the kind of person who gets annoyed or angry quickly, and not by someone's happiness.

He then apologized for being giddy cheerful and I, for my lack of manners and after that we pretty much stuck together. He was the son of the known doctor of our city, Dr. Manan and unlike his dad, he was a secondary school teacher and had recently got a good teaching job in one of Rishikesh best school.

He aims to change the education system and before he aims for education minister, he wants to run a school.

Which I think is pretty cool.

'What about your courses? LLB?.'

'They're distance courses and I'm just going for a month. I'm almost done with all assignments.'

He took a spoonful from my warm yoghurt, 'And job?'

'You're next to my father. Kitne Sawaal?'

He shook his head, and finished his yoghurt in one big spoonful, 'You're already doing a full time job as a receptionist in a coaching classes which I absolutely am against and have a full time degree course to handle and now you're going to meet people who have wounded you emotionally.'

Although Manav was right and like my father was trying to make a point, I couldn't help but laugh at how hard he was trying to not let me go, 'Manav, first stop eating my yoghurt.'

'You eat slow.'

'And trust me, this time I'm not going for myself or my sister or anyone. I'm going for my Paa.'

He shrugged, taking another bite off my yoghurt, 'Really? Is he finally going with you?'

I just gave him the bottle, 'No, but I need a closure and my families need closure and I'm so close.'

He licked the spoon while I wondered how weird his kids would be on seeing a full fledged teacher lick a spoon, 'What? It's tasty and I'm scared Jaan. Also pissed.'

'Dude, I swear I'll be back for your sister's wedding, which is on May 3rd, see.'

'Still a hard pass from me. I feel you're just going to hurt yourself again Janvi.'

I side hugged my best friend, 'So, this time I've you right. I'm carefree.' He smiled, hugging me back, 'Take care of my father and my mammu.'

'Right, but I need payment?'

He shook the empty yoghurt cups and shrugged, 'Fine. Just one more.'

'I really hope you get your closure and come back in one piece.'

He went ahead to buy the yoghurt while I took a deep breath.

This closure meant a big deal for all of us.

Especially my mothers.

_

A/N
Please find attached the song from Janvi's playlist.

Next update: one week from Tuesday 12th May or whenever I'm ready with the next chapter whichever is earlier.

If people are reading, kindly vote or comment so I can get valuable feedback.

Comments help updates faster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 50.4K 76
Hatred is blind so is Love.... "Never try to change anything here!" His evil eyes did promise me some danger indeed. Meet Esha Varnav, a twenty five...
298K 18.4K 54
Reena was the daughter of the billionaire, the founder of Oberoi Cyber Security but the death of her parents shakens her mental health. No Psychtrist...
42.9K 1.9K 42
This is just the story of two individuals Devdutt and Radhika. And also about mad ICT family. This is a FANFICTION I am not a fangirl of Devdutt Pad...
11.5K 1.1K 42
Who are you? . . Okay...toh kya hoga jab 2 indian girls BTS ke ghar me rehne aa jayengi? Kya wo koi planning karke aayi hai? Ya fir wo khud hi waha...