DANGEROUS WOMAN || THE HUNGER...

By -iamagoddess

"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE R... More

DANGEROUS WOMAN.
SYNOPSIS.
ACT 1.
THE QUARTER QUELL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
ACT 2.
THE CAPITOL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
WELCOME TO DISTRICT 13.
ACT 3.
DISTRICT 13.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
EPILOGUE.
MY PROMISE TO FINNICK.
DANGEROUS WOMAN PREQUEL?
PREQUEL IS OUT!

6.

80.2K 2.1K 1.5K
By -iamagoddess

"JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS, RIGHT?"

--¤☆¤--

"With the parade over! You saw some of the tributes. Now let me give you some 'life saving' advice." Haymitch says, staring at the pair.

Nodding their heads in agreement, Katniss and Peeta had no idea what to expect at this year's Games. Sure, Katniss had watched a few of the Victor's Games, but a lot can change in a few years. They could have different fighting styles. 

Different personalities. She didn't know their weaknesses, many of them hide them really well. So it made her nervous to say the least. They were bigger than her. Stronger than her. Older than her. More experienced than her. She was doomed.

"Forget everything you think you know about the Games, okay? Last year was child's play, this year is going to be a hundred times harder than last year. You'll be up against experienced killers." Haymitch explained, the remote for the large television in one hand with a glass of whiskey was in his other hand.

"Alright, what does that mean for us?" Peeta asked, hoping that his voice didn't crack from fear.

Peeta really did try to be strong for the camera and Katniss's sake, at least that's what he kept on telling himself. Watching Haymitch carefully, he tried to take in any and every piece of advice that he could take. Taking a gulp of some whiskey, Haymitch looked over at an emotionless Katniss. She was staring blankly at the black T.V screen, her breaths were short and her eyes were dull. She was going to be a problem.

"That means that you two will need allies." He said, making Katniss's head snap in his direction.

"Okay, well I suggest⎯" Peeta started, but was cut off by Haymitch.

"You're not the problem." Haymitch argues, pointing a finger at Katniss.

Glaring at the older man, Katniss let out a scuff of protest at his request. Deep down, she knew that she would have to ally with someone other than Peeta but the memories of Rue's death was still fresh in her mind. It would be too painful for her to have to endure the same thing over again, last time it broke her in half. She was sure that if it happened again this time that it would lead to her death. She couldn't do it.

"No." She argues, her leg bounced up and down from anxiety.

"Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years." Haymitch tried to reason with the Girl on Fire.

"That just put's us higher on their kill list." Katniss counters back, making the man let out a small sigh.

"Do it your own way, but I know these people, you go it alone. Their first move is going to be to hunt you down. Both of you." Haymitch argues, emphasizing on the word both.

"Katniss, come on." Peeta said, trying to reason with Katniss.

"How can any of us even trust each other?" She asks, her voice a little more vulnerable now.

"It's not about trust, it's about staying alive. Let's get started, District One." He said, showing the reaping of Gloss and Cashmere.

They went through the first three Districts, deciding who was a threat and who wasn't. The occasional disappointed sigh from Haymitch, filled the 'Star-crossed Lovers' ears at the sight. He knew these people. He drank with them. He went to parties with them. Stopping at District Four, Haymitch chugged the last of his whiskey, this was going to be a difficult year.

Showing on the screen, was the video of the dirty blonde haired male tribute of District Four, Finnick Odair getting reaped for the second time. He had an arrogant smile on his face showing he was happy to be reaped, but the look in his eyes almost gave away that he was seething in anger on the inside. Key word almost.

"Finnick Odair, right?" Kantiss asks, looking at Haymitch for approval.

"Yes." Haymitch said, nodding.

"Victor of the Sixty-fifth Hunger Games. He won his games at fourteen, the youngest male Victor, ever. Extremely humble." He says, watching as the District Four escort moves onto the Female's.

"You're kidding." Katniss said, scoffing at him.

"Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock, a total preener. But he's the Capitol darling, they love him here. Charming, smart and very skilled in combat, especially in water." He says, as short clips of Finnick's games played.

"Weaknesses?" Katniss asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Two known ones. The first, Mags, she volunteered for Annie. Mags was his mentor and was half of his family, she's basically raised him. If he is trying to protect her in any way it exposes him." Haymitch says, as a screen shows a small greying woman volunteering for a crying Annie Cresta.

"A guy like that had to know that she's not going to make it, I bet when it really comes down to it he won't protect her." Katniss says, a sense of harsh reality in her tone.

"Well Katniss, I just hope that when she goes. She goes quickly, she's actually a very lovely lady." Haymitch snapped at the girl.

Coughing awkwardly, Peeta stared at the old woman as she and Finnick hugged each other tightly. The mother and son bond between the two could be seen as Finnick pressed a gentle kiss on the old woman's forehead. God, how were they going to do this? They were fighting against old ladies and Capitol favorites.

"The other?" Peeta asks, frowning at the screen grimly.

"Yes, the female victor of District Ten." Haymitch says, nodding his head.

"That Grey chick, right?" Katniss asks, looking at the old woman with a look of pity.

Chuckling at Katniss rather darkly, Haymitch rolls his eyes at her behavior making her gulp slightly. Haymitch could handle Katniss's unwillingness to cooperate with him, fair enough, but he wasn't going to handle her now. Not when she acted like a toddler towards someone who helped her. 

Whether she realized it or not. Thinking hard, Peeta remembers his mother telling him about how bloody and short her games were. Three short days, filled with death and blood. His Mother to this day refused to give more details about her Games.

"Didn't her games only last three days?" Peeta asks.

"Yes, also that 'Grey chick' saves your asses the last games." Haymitch says, chuckling dryly at her.

"We didn't know." Peeta whispers apologetic.

"I know. Now let's skip the rest, don't worry we'll go back. Meet Athena Grey, was fourteen when she won her games. Like I said before, Victor of the Sixty-sixith Hunger Games." He rambles on, as the screen shows a young woman walking up the steps of the District's Justice Building.

"Fourteen? Is she dangerous?" Peeta asks, as her name is announced.

Staring at the screen, everyone watches as Athena smirks towards the camera giving a quick wink before she bows. Like she was proud to be here. Looking at the screen disgust, Katniss lets out a small scoff at the thought of the woman looking excited to go back to the games. She was just as bad as the Career's.

"Extremely. She ran into the Cornucopia and took out ten other tributes, on her own." Haymitch says, as clips of a younger version of Athena shows up on the screen.

"Is she from District Two?" Katniss asks, watching as the young girl runs away from her District partner.

Staring at the screen confusion, Katniss watches as the girl's partner begins to sing, making goosebumps appear on her skin. She remembered seeing this clip on the T.V. It was listed as Top Ten favorite Games moments. His name was Ares something, she couldn't remember his last name, it was a weird one.

"Saint Calvin told me not to worry about you, but he's got his own things to deal with..There's really just one thing that we have in common..Neither of us will be missed.." He sings, lifting the knife above his head.

Bringing down the knife, the girl moved her head out of the way in time as it hit the grass centimeters from her head. Reaching her free arm, her fingers brush against the handle of the whip. It was so close. Wiggling around, she stretched out a little more, when she managed to grab the whip's handle. Gripping onto it tightly, she bash it into the side of his head, he groans and falls to my side cackling.

"Saint Bernard sits at the top of the driveway, you always said how you loved dogs..I don't know if I count, but I'm trying my best..When I'm howling and barking these songs.." He sings much softer, as the girl wobbly stands up from the ground.

"I don't wanna have to kill you, Ares. You're my friend." She whimpered, as they made eye contact.

"I'd rather it be you that goes home." He whispers, his eyes tearing up.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." She begged, making him nod.

"I do. You know, I always knew that it would end like this. You and me." He says, as he kneeled down in front of her.

Cracking the whip with as much force as she can muster, it wraps itself around his neck tightly. His breathing chokes up. Tears flooded her eyes, as she looked down at her district partner who held up his arms to the sky. As if he were praying for his awaiting death. It was at that moment that she realized. It didn't matter what she wanted at that moment, it's what he wanted. And he wanted her to be the one to do it.

"I'm so sorry Ares. I'm sorry." She whispered, pressing the button.

The spikes pop out. His eyes widened, before glossing over with tears. Taking a step forward, she sat on the floor in front of him, pulling him close to her. Gripping onto his hand, she held him close to her chest, looking down at him.

His eyes were open, staring up at the sky, glossed over. He was silent, other than the quiet gag or gasp for air. One of his hands was intertwined with her's, the other clutching his neck. His grip is weak and fleeting with each second.

"I didn't want to have to do this, Ares." She whispers, before the loud sound of a cannon going off fills the air.

Shutting her eyes in shock at the gruesome death, Katniss could feel her food slowly creep up her throat. Staring at the screen in shock, if he didn't have nightmares before Peeta was certainly going to have them now. Wincing at the video, Haymitch redirects his attention back to the pair in front of him inspecting their reactions. Peeta had a face of shock as well as fear, while Katniss had a look of pure disgust. Good. They needed to learn.

"No. She is from Ten, and trust me when I say this Katniss, you don't want to make her your enemy." Haymitch says, as the video shows the young girl getting crowned.

"She doesn't look like a threat." Katniss says, as the camera pans to show President Snow smiling at the young girl.

"Looks can be deceiving. She won the year after Finnick, he helped keep her alive along with Mags. So he's extremely protective of her, most of the Victor's respect that girl, me included." He says, glaring at the white haired man on the screen.

"How come?" Peeta asks, tilting his head to the side.

"She's always checking up on us, making sure that we are doing okay. Not many Victor's would be willing to do that." Haymitch says, smiling softly of the video of the young girl.

"Really?" Katniss asks, as Haymitch nods.

"Yeah, now with her being so well liked, I bet you that at least half of the other Victor's would be willing to sacrifice themselves for her. I know that I would in a heartbeat." Haymitch says, a lumping in his throat starting to form.

Clearing his throat, Haymitch tilts his head back hoping that no tears would be seen. He didn't want them to see him like this. He couldn't be weak. Taking a deep breath, he could remember when he first met the young girl. It felt like yesterday.

It's the after party of the 66th Hunger Games, Haymitch was drinking his sorrows away. Hoping that the liquor would numb the feeling of guilt that brewed in his gut, he took another sip of his whiskey. His vision was hazy and his throat burned from the drink, but he could care less at the moment.

"I think you've had enough to drink, sir." A voice says, from behind Haymitch.

Turning around, he was faced with a determined looking Athena Grey. Her hair was down and curled, with a crown of flowers resting on the top of her head. Her eyes were painted in gold with speckles of silver on her cheeks. Dressed in a white dress with pastel pink flowers engraved onto the dress, she looked so innocent. But the look that was in her grey eyes, had said different.

"Mind your own business, kiddo." He says, brushing off the young girl.

Sitting down on the empty chair next to him, She rested her head on her hand inspecting the man in front of her. Her eyes darted between the man and the drink in front of him.

"I don't think that drinking the pain away will help, Pixie says that it doesn't help. That it only makes the pain worse when you're sober." She explains softly, picking her words carefully to not upset the man.

"Whatever kid. When you're older you'll be just like me." He says, chugging the last of the remaining whiskey in his cup.

"No, I won't because I have people who are willing to help me get through my nightmares. Just like you." She says, making the man scoff.

"No, I don't.." He says, raising his eyebrow at the girl.

"Well now you do. I'm Athena Grey, what's your name?" She asks, holding her small hand out for him to shake.

Blinking a couple of times, Haymitch snapped out of his small daze and focused on the two Victor's in front of him. They were so young. But, he didn't give a shit, they were all so young. They all lost that innocence. They weren't kids anymore. They were tributes. They were Victor's. Glancing back at the T.V. screen, Haymitch cringes at the sight of Athena standing next to dolled up Capitol men.

"Moving on. Here's a little known fact, she's had a pretty damn good influence on the Capitol. If she were to tell them to get on their knees and bark like a dog, they'd do it without second thought." Haymtich says, as the pair looked at him in shock.

"You're kidding, right?" Peeta asks, looking at the man in shock.

"Wish I was, trust me, I really do. The Capitol absolutely worships her, so she'll have more sponsors than anyone else in that arena. Lucky for you two, she's very kind. So maybe Peeta can try to talk to her, but I suggest that you do Katniss, she has a lot of respect for you." Haymitch says, trying to persuade the stubborn girl.

"Really?" Peeta says, nudging the girl next to him.

"When I discussed with her your skills with a bow, she was willing to help you earn some sponsors. Plus when she heard what you did with the Game Makers, she laughed and convinced them to put a bow and arrow in the Games." Haymitch explains, putting the glass down on the table.

"I thought it was Katniss's skill." Peeta asks.

"Partial, because of your little stunt with the apple, they weren't going to put one in just to give you a disadvantage. But she pulled a few strings, much to my annoyance, and convinced them that it would be entertaining." Haymitch said, rubbing his eyes.

"You're not kidding? Because if you are, the joke isn't funny, Haymitch." Katniss says, glaring at the man.

"No, I am not joking sweetheart. Let me tell you something, if there is anyone in the Games, and I mean anyone, who shouldn't be there. It's her. I consider her family and I see her in you Katniss! You're almost an exact copy of her. So get to know her during training and then see if you can be allies. It may just save your life." Haymitch explains, narrowing his eyes at the girl.

Staring at the screen, Katniss watched as the camera pans out to a much older Athena who was talking to a Peacekeeper calmly as they escorted her to the train station. While her District Partner, Klaudius Davis, is putting up a fight and screaming at them. Placing a hand on the Peacekeeper's shoulder, she muttered something to him; in which he nodded his head in understanding.

"Allies." Katniss whispers, thinking to herself.

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically in quarantine! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 12.1K 22
❝You want me to babysit them for you?❞ ❝A little bit of blood is the least of my worries.❞ ❝I don't care how well I do, I don't care if I get hurt or...
6.9K 199 21
↳ ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 ... 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐒. ❞ The caverns of her dark soul w...
600K 10.7K 77
𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐞 /bro͞ot/ 1. a savagely violent person or animal. "𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑-𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑡𝑒" Hunger games - finished - 3/4/22 Cat...
6.5K 73 12
"Only victor to have ever killed seventeen tributes all by herself. She is the one to watch. Her father is just as dangerous. Together they will be u...