you're the light in my dark...

By oldfashicned

❝ you don't have to run anymore from love...❞ [remus Γ— tonks] | my aus πŸ•Š ― I decided to write this book beca... More

INTRODUCTION.
the flower;
the flower 2;
the telephone;
✰
anger;
anger 2;
in love;
sad memories - sad dreams;
the cold;
the surprise;
cozy winter;
wounds;
the daily prophet;
flower fields;
wounds 2;
the wolfsbane potion;
the hero;

jealousy;

966 25 6
By oldfashicned

DiyaRani355 hope you like how it turned out!

One day, while Tonks was going for a walk in Diagon Alley, she heard some strangers talking about a charity ball organized for wizards. The next time she met Remus, she asked him if he would like to go with her because she had never been to a ball.

•••

Remus arrived there first and went in the hall, which was full of people. He tried to make his way through wizards and went to a quiet place. He looked curiously around the room until he saw some guests that eyeing his scars. Remus didn't want to win the attention of strangers, so he looked away. He recognized Tonks from far away, and his eyes twinkled with admiration for her.

Tonks' pink hair was outlining her crescent shaped earrings. She was wearing a beige dress that was rather simple compared to other dresses, but she looked perfect wearing it. Remus had never seen her wearing a dress before, but she immediately took his breath away. She was stunningly beautiful.

"Close your mouth, Remus!" she said, grinning. "I just want to ask somebody when does the party end. Wait right here." She kissed his cheek quickly.
"Dora, wait a second, you look-"
But she had already disappeared in the crowd.
"-fantastic."

Too many people. He couldn't relax with so many people and noise. Some of them were still staring at him. The only reason why he accepted to go with Tonks there is because he wanted to spend more time with her.

Remus remained in the same place, waiting for Tonks to come back. He constantly checked his watch until his attention got distracted by somebody from the crowd who took Tonks by her arm. Who was that guy? Was he bothering her? Remus looked at them confused, then ran after them.

"Mickey?" Tonks asked in surprise.

"She knows him? "Mickey"? What kind of nickname is that?" Remus muttered, disgusted.

They didn't seem to notice him, so he got closer. The man hugged her; Remus felt hot flames of envy in his chest.

"What are you doing here? Oh God, it's been so long..." she said excitedly.
"But you haven't changed a bit, Dora!"

Remus couldn't believe another man was calling her "Dora." He thought he was the only one.

So that was the real reason why she wanted to go to that ball. To meet with her "friend". Remus almost forgot how to breathe as he was rushing outside. He knocked down a few drinks on somebody's dress, but he didn't care. He was sad and angry at the same time.

•••

Tonks couldn't find Remus anywhere, so she decided to go outside. A few street lamps were lighting up the garden. In the distance, Tonks saw a man standing near a tree.

"Remus! Remus!" she shouted, hoping it was him.
He heard her, but he didn't move.
"Where have you been? I ran into an old friend of mine, and when I got back-"
"Just wanted to take some fresh air." he replied dryly.

He put his hands deep down in his pockets.
"Weren't you having fun? I saw you speaking with your friend, Mickey-"
"You spied on us?"
"Alright, I get it. He wasn't entertaining enough, and you decided to search for me!"
"That's really what you think?"
"I think I can be a better man than him! I can take care of you!"

He said more than he wanted to say. "I'm so stupid." he thought.

"Are you jealous, Remus?"
"No, I'm not!"
"Oh yes, you are!"
"Fine, I am jealous because I feel like you will disappear forever from my life whenever I close my eyes!"

He looked away as if his gaze could pass through the trees.
"You chose to love a wild thing, Tonks," Remus paused like something was strangling his neck, "when you could've chosen someone better!"
Tonks looked at him kindly.
"But every wild thing can be tamed, can't it?"

Lost in thoughts, Remus got closer to her and looked deeply into her eyes. His eyes were expressing his love for her in a way words couldn't.

"You appeared in my life when I needed you the most. I don't want to be alone anymore. I want to be with you. But I'm afraid that I'm not enough for you and maybe, one day you will decide to..." he said quietly.

"I will never leave you, no matter what will happen in the future. I don't care if there are dangerous times ahead." She took him by the hand and held it tightly. "We will go through it all, together."

Remus rested his forehead on her own and cupped her jaw in his palm.

"You are more than enough for me, Remus. You are my everything." She paused for a second, letting Remus run his fingers through her pink hair. "My everything..."

They remained in silence for some minutes.

"I used to play quidditch with Michael when I was at Hogwarts. I haven't seen him since we graduated. Today, he told me that he wants to become a professional quidditch player."
"I'm sorry for being such a fool-"
"Although you did act like a fool, it's my fault too. I should've told you about Michael."

She placed a kiss on the top of his lips.
"Do you want to explore the garden with me? It's very beautiful..." Remus whispered, a soft smile playing on his lips.

Remus led Tonks to a lake in the middle of the garden. As they were admiring the water lilies, he leaned down and kissed the top edge of her shoulders, making her get shivers up her spine.

"I didn't get the chance to tell you, but you're gorgeous, Dora."
"And you are very charming as well, Lupin."

"I just realized," Remus continued thoughtful, "you didn't came up with a nickname for me!"
"I once called you "Remi", but you didn't really like it."
"Well..." Remus wrapped his arm around her waist. "It's not that bad."
"It's not bad, it's really bad!"

The music was filling the garden like a peaceful hum. Tonks couldn't help herself. A big smile appeared on her face. Remus looked at her. After being alone for so long, he couldn't picture the rest of his life without her. He didn't even want to think about letting her go.

"I think we'd better stick too Moony, don't you think, Moony?"

I have an edit account on ig and it would mean a lot if you would check it out :)

@/old.fashicned - my username

this is my account ⬆️

and these are some of my edits

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99K 2.1K 32
'one single thread of gold tied me to you' β˜½β™‘β™’β™€β™§β˜Ύ Contents : - fluff, lots of them - no smut - starting from 6th year *I don't own any pictures I use...
755K 21.9K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...
13.7K 429 21
❝ SAY MY NAME AND EVERYTHING JUST STOPS, I DON'T WANT YOU LIKE A BESTFRIEND ❞ ─── β˜… ─── IN WHICH Remus Lupin struggles with fa...
15.2K 538 52
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...