We're In This Together

By Curse64

[Completed!] Whenever you saw Clementine pull the trigger, you've both felt... lost, unsure of what to do or... More

Chapter 1 - All That Remains
Chapter 2 - 16 Months Later
Chapter 3 - The Cabin
Chapter 4 - Still. NOT. Bitten.
Chapter 5 - Visitor
Chapter 6 - The Bridge
Chapter 7 - Ski Lodge
Chapter 8 - Dinner
Chapter 9 - Captured
Chapter 10 - A New "Home"
Chapter 11 - Work
Chapter 12 - Rooftop Rumble
Chapter 13 - Familiar Face
Chapter 14 - A Talk
Chapter 15 - Beaten
Chapter 16 - The Escape Plan
Chapter 17 - In The Herd
Chapter 18 - Parker's Run
Chapter 19 - On A Trail
Chapter 20 - Trailer Park
Chapter 21 - Observation Deck
Chapter 22 - Birth
Chapter 23 - Aftermath
Chapter 24 - A Nice Break
Chapter 25 - A Calm Quiet Night
Chapter 26 - The Lake
Chapter 27 - Better To Sleep
Chapter 28 - The Raid
Chapter 29 - Confessions
Chapter 30 - A New Face
Chapter 31 - Accident
Chapter 32 - Junkyard
Chapter 33 - Return To Prescott
Chapter 34 - Journey to Richmond
Chapter 35 - The Underpass
Chapter 36 - Truth
Chapter 37 - Reunion
Chapter 38 - Reveal
Chapter 39 - Awake
Chapter 40 - Armory
Chapter 41 - Reunited
Chapter 42 - Planning
Chapter 43 - The Truck
Chapter 44 - From The Gallows
Chapter 46 - Blood
Chapter 47 - The Dawn Breaks
Chapter 48 - Done Running
Chapter 49 - New Place, New Face
Chapter 50 - Welcome to Ericson's
Chapter 51 - Making Friends
Chapter 52 - War
Chapter 53 - A Little Chat
Chapter 54 - The Next Morning
Chapter 55 - Hunting
Chapter 56 - Train Station
Chapter 57 - Successful Run
Chapter 58 - Biggest Mistake
Chapter 59 - What Now?
Chapter 60 - Funeral
Chapter 61 - Ghost
Chapter 62 - Lost
Chapter 63 - Welcome Back
Chapter 64 - Greenhouse
Chapter 65 - Nightmare
Chapter 66 - Prepping
Chapter 67 - Truth or Dare
Chapter 68 - Bell Tower
Chapter 69 - The Attack
Chapter 70 - Loss
Chapter 71 - Interrogation
Chapter 72 - Scouting
Chapter 73 - A Break In The Woods
Chapter 74 - James
Chapter 75 - Date
Chapter 76 - Hootenanny
Chapter 77 - Now or Never
Chapter 78 - The Fate of All Fools
Chapter 79 - Plan B
Chapter 80 - No Time Left?
Chapter 81 - Safe and Sound

Chapter 45 - Highway

2.9K 105 70
By Curse64

Kate: I found them, they're up here!

After Javi and David hadn't come back for awhile, Kate decided to go look for them. Sounds like she found them on the roof. You also found Tripp on the way up there.

Kate: Be careful, Javi. I ran into Tripp.

Javi: Oh...

Everyone got onto the roof, Tripp and Javi talked.

Clementine: What do we do now?

Y/N: I don't know, but...

You looked over the edge of the roof and onto the streets.

Y/N: ...going onto the streets isn't an option.

Javi and Tripp joined the rest of the group.

Kate: You think? There's so many... I've never seen this many before. They're just pouring in.

Tripp: It's even worse than you think. The streets are overrun. Going into the buildings is the only option and even those smelly fuckers are beating down ever door.

Y/N: So we're just sitting ducks then. This position were brings back some memories from Savannah. None of them good. 

Kate: What the fuck have we done?

Clementine: So, what's the plan here?

Javi: We look out for each other. We get each other's backs.

David: I agree.

Kate: The best way to do that is to protect this place.

Y/N: How do we do that? We can't go in the streets. Even walkers guts wouldn't help that much for our goal is save this place.

David: We're gonna need some sort of reinforced mobility to get around. Where you guys stole that truck? There's more vehicles there.

He points over at a water tower.

David: That's over at the motor pool by the water tower. We can use the highway overpass to get their.

Javi: Come on. Let's jump!

He jumps over to a staircase that was on the side of another building.

Y/N: We're jumping from building to building? Just like Savannah.

You jumped across and so does everyone else. You then made your way to the roof.

David: Keep your eyes open and stay aware of your surroundings. All of you. 

You all then walked across a billboard that was leaning on another building. As you were crossing, you see a guy get eaten below, the same guy that stabbed you.

Y/N: Ha. That's the guy that stabbed me. Karma, bitch. 

David: Yeah let's be careful up here so we don't end up like him. We're gonna be fine. That guy was all alone. We're not.

Everyone made it onto the highway. David and Javi took care of some of the walkers.

David: Good to go, let's move.

Everyone started walking towards the water tower.

Y/N: You know, Clem. We're on a bridge...

Clementine: It's a highway, not a bridge. Anyway, what's your point?

Y/N: Same thing! Well, kinda. Anyway, things never go good on bridges. I'm feeling a little off being up here.

Clementine: I know what you mean. It does feel... eerie. 

You came across a blockade. There was barely any room to make it through.

Y/N: Well, me and my fucking mouth.

You looked behind you and see walkers approaching.

Javi: No time to waste. Come on.

You, Clem, and David make it across.

Kate: You know, I didn't think there was much that could scare me anymore. And, yet, here we are. I guess that just shows you that life is full of surprises.

Everyone makes it across shortly after. A walker almost got Tripp, but he gets it off of him just in time. You all kept walking and soon come across a helicopter that crashed into the highway.

David: We have to get across.

Gabe gets too close, but David pulls him back.

Clementine: I know Gabe doesn't see it, but David's really trying to look out for him. He's not doing the best job, but... no one gives you a rulebook to raise a kid.

Javi: They sure as shit don't.

Clementine: There's one thing I just don't get... Did David really think he was helping AJ by letting him go?

Y/N: Huh... I've been wondering that too, actually.

Javi: Maybe you should ask him that. Maybe he just didn't care? Not everyone wants to take care of a kid.

Clementine: I guess not, but...

Y/N: It's just... after you put in so much work... So much of your heart...

David: AJ was a brat. He lived with me after we kicked you two out. And I had already raised to kids, I thought it would easy now. Pfft, not with that tyrant.

Javi: Is that why you gave him away?

David: We had a bad winter. Destroyed every single crop we had. I couldn't leave Richmond, and AJ couldn't stay. It wasn't safe anymore. I gave him in Lingard and told him to do whatever he had to do to save his life. I won't lie, I miss him.

Javi: It sounds like it was your only option. You did the right thing.

David: I hope so. It wasn't easy, guys. Remember, as far as I knew, I had already lost two children. It wasn't easier with number three.

Javi: It's never easy.

David: I'm going to keep all of us alive, and hope that's enough for atonement.

Y/N: He was a brat, huh?

Clementine: Our goofy little brat... You did what you had to... maybe you did save his life.

David: I... I hope I did.

You all walked to the helicopter and Javi grabs one of the blades.

David: Wait! You're not thinking...?

Javi: It's that or go back.

Y/N: Fuck me...

David: We should go lightest to heaviest, that way it won't break on the first swing.

Gabe: I'll go first.

You laugh and nudge Clementine on the shoulder.

Y/N: Ha. He's calling you fat.

She stomps on your foot.

Y/N: Ok, ok! I was joking!

She smiles and shakes her head as Gabe swings across. Clementine then swings across. You grab the blade.

Y/N: This'll be the scariest thing I've ever done. Let's hop nothing tops that in the future. 

You then swing across and swing the blade back to them.

Y/N: You know, Clem. If you told me in the motor inn that I would be swinging across a highway using helicopter blade, I would've called you insane.

She giggles.

Clementine: You're telling me. You think things could get crazier than this?

Y/N: I fucking hope not.

Everyone else then swings across. The blade breaks when Javi swings across. He gets up to our side, but now Tripp has no way to get over.

Javi: Tripp!

He pulls out his gun.

Tripp: It's alright, y'all!

Y/N: We have to go back for him!

David: How?

Tripp: Don't be fucking thick! I... I can handle this!

He shoots a couple more walkers, but runs out of ammo.

Tripp: Oh, shit... Y'all head out now. I don't want you seeing this!

Everyone kept calling out to him, but there was nothing you can do. Soon, the walkers overpower him and he falls off the highway.

Y/N: Fuck! Rest in piece, Tripp. Rest in fucking piece...

(Seriously, I wish they didn't kill him off. R.I.P Tripp.)

Clementine: He went out fighting... I hope I do, too.

David: I'm sorry about Tripp, Javi. He was a good man. A guy that you want on your side in a fight. That's priceless. Rest in piece, Tripp.

Javi: Come on. We're almost there.

You all continued to walk towards the water tower. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 1K 38
After the events of season 3, Clementine and Y/N got AJ back. They continue to survive, trying to find a home. Until they arrive at a school full of...
112K 1.6K 25
Just be aware, this is The Finale Season expect you're in it too and of course, you romance Clementine <3
39.3K 672 40
Warning: dark themes Some Characters owned by Skybound and Telltale pls support the official release W Rankings as of 11/26/22: Clemxmalereader = #1 ...
191K 5.3K 44
It's been two years, since the dead started walking and two kids have been surviving it sense then, Y/N and Clementine. They had others protect them...