The One Thing β€’ Carlisle Cull...

By AthenaTheShark

"If I Manage To Mess Everything Up Someday, I Won't Hide My Head In Shame, Because He Is The One Thing That I... More

Β©
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-

-11-

12.4K 318 40
By AthenaTheShark

AJ stares at the ribbon shaped gold band decorated with a solitaire stone on her finger, she had done a good job at hiding this from everyone, which surprised her because Edward could read minds and Alice would have seen the moment Carlisle decided to propose, but she wasn't complaining, because if Alice knew she would have thrown a party by now to celebrate it.

AJ had graduated from Forks High School and was spending most of her time at home while Rosalie and Emmett were in Africa spending some time alone, Today Alice was extremely happy because it was Bella Swan's birthday, and because nobody in the house remembered when they were born, Alice decided to plan a party to celebrate the birth of Bella.

AJ exits the bedroom and Alice was immediately by her side smiling wide at her, AJ already knew what this was about and she been trying to avoid it for days now, but you can't really avoid Alice, no matter how hard you try, AJ places her right hand over her left hand covering the engagement ring.

"AJ, just who I was hoping to see," Alice says. "Can I ask a favour?"

"It depends, Alice." AJ answers.

"Can we please throw a birthday party for Bella? Please? None of us has celebrated a birthday in years!" Alice begs, her eyes pleaded her as well. "Please."

"You should go and ask Carlisle, it is his house, I just live here," AJ says, Alice nods her head as they begin walking down the stairs.

"Okay, but, can you ask him?" Alice asks.

"I'm sorry, you have a voice, and if you can't say it, write it down," AJ says.

"He'll say yes if you ask," Alice says, AJ chuckles and glances into the living room and sees Carlisle.

"All right, I'll ask him later," AJ says.

"No, ask him now," Alice begs.

"Now?" AJ asks, a smile on her lips as she toyed with Alice.

"Yes, right now," Alice says, AJ laughs softly and nods her head.

"All right, I'll go ask him," AJ says, Alice pulls AJ into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Alice says, AJ wraps her arms around Alice hugging her back.

"No problem, but you're going to have to let me go if you want me to go ask him," AJ says, Alice pulls away from the embrace.

"Right yes, now go," Alice says, AJ walks into the living room and sits down next to Carlisle on the couch, she lays her head on his shoulder and places her hand on his upper thigh.

"Hello, darling," Carlisle says, he shuts the TV off.

"Hi." AJ softly says, Carlisle looks at her with a smile on his lips, he knew she wanted something.

"What can I do for you?" Carlisle asks, AJ looks up at him.

"You can kiss me," AJ says.

"You don't even have to ask," Carlisle says, he leans closer and brushes his lips against her, softly kissing her.

"Mhm, that never gets old," AJ says. "So uh the teenagers, minus myself." AJ begins, Carlisle nods his head. "Mostly Alice, she wants to throw a birthday party for Bella here tonight, hopefully, it's just us and Bella."

"If it's only us and Bella, then I see no problem with it," Carlisle says, AJ nods her head and looks towards the staircase.

"Did you hear, Alice?" AJ asks, Alice lets out a squeal and skips into the living room.

"Thank you, thank you!" Alice says, Carlisle smiles up at Alice.

"No problem, Alice," Carlisle says, AJ stands from the couch.

"Now, if you and Jasper don't leave now you're going to be late for school," AJ says. "I'll walk  you out." Alice smiles and leaves the living room and walk down the stair with AJ behind her, they exit the house and meet with Jasper already waiting in the car, Alice opens the passenger side door.

"I take it he agreed?" Jasper asks, he could feel Alice's happiness, boosting his own mood.

"Only because mom asked," Alice says, AJ smiles at Alice.

"Remember, Just us and Bella, no other humans," AJ says, Alice nods her head.

"Got it, see you after school," Alice says, she climbs into the car and AJ speeds back into the house.

•••

AJ stood next to Carlisle holding a small box in her hands, Carlisle had his arm around her his hand resting on her lower back, Edward and Bella were upstairs talking about the Volturi.

"Okay, I'm going to go call them," Alice says, she walks up the stairs.

"Why did you agree to this?" Rosalie asks.

"Edward is with Bella, like it or not Rosalie, she's part of our family now," AJ says.

"You've got to admit you're not exactly happy about it either," Rosalie says, AJ glances at the floor.

"I'm not, but for Edward's sake and happiness, I'll endure it," AJ says, Carlisle softly kisses the top of AJ's head just as Alice pulls Bella down the stairs with Edward tailing behind them.

"Sorry about all of this," Carlisle says, he walks up to Bella. "We tried to rein Alice in."

"As if that were even possible," Esme says, she walks up to Bella and pulls her into a hug. "Happy birthday, Bella." Alice takes a picture of them.

"Thanks," Bella says, she looks at Alice.

"I found it in your bag, you mind?" Alice asks, she held the camera up.

"Uh no." Bella answers, Alice gives Rosalie a box.

"You first, Rosalie," Alice says, Rosalie takes the box and hands it to Bella.

"It's a necklace, Alice picked it out," Rosalie says, Bella takes the box.

"Thanks," Bella says, it was no secret that Rosalie wasn't fond of the idea of a human in the house, it was dangerous for all of them, Alice pulls Edward off the staircase and pushes him next to Bella.

"Show me the love," Alice says, she snaps a picture of them. "Oh, and there's the cake before I forget."

"Alice, that cake is big enough to feed 50 people and you guys don't even eat," Bella says, Alice ignores her and picks up another box.

"This one's from Emmett," Alice says, she hands the box to Bella and Bella shakes the box not hearing anything inside.

"Already installed it in your truck," Emmett says, beaming about his gift. "Finally a decent sound system for that piece of."

"Hey, don't hate the truck," Bella says, Alice laughs and hands Bella anther present.

"Here, open Carlisle and Esme's gift next, AJ and John have a separate gift for you," Alice says, She hands a small box to Bella.

"Just a little something to brighten your day," Carlisle says.

"Yes, you've been looking a little pale lately," Esme says, Bella smiles and starts to open it but hisses when the paper sliced into her finger, the smell o blood quickly filled the room.

"Ow, paper cut," Bella says, a single drop of blood falls onto the carpet, AJ takes hold of Jasper's arm as the smell of blood filled her nostrils, a drop of blood wasn't enough to send AJ into a frenzy, but she knew it would set Jasper off, Jasper pushes AJ off him with force and speed towards Bella, his golden eyes turning black, Edward pushes Bella back causing her to hit the wall breaking the glass of a painting and a table that had more glass on it, the glass breaking more of her skin causing her to bleed more.

Edward pushes Jasper back with force throwing him through the piano breaking it, he jumps back up ready to attack again, Carlisle and John tries to grab Jasper but he dodges them easily until Emmett managed to catch him and hold him back, Alice quickly speeds up to Jasper trying to calm him down, AJ's eyes darken as she saw Bella's arm bleeding.

"Jaz, Jaz, It's okay, It's just a little..." Alice trails off when she caught sight of AJ, she turns around and saw Bella's arm bleeding more. "Blood." Alice finishes her sentence, AJ drops the box she was holding and speeds towards Bella, John wraps his arms around her as she lets out a snarl.

"Get them out of here," Carlisle instructs, he speeds towards Bella to examine how bad the wound was, Emmett and John forcefully pull AJ and Jasper out of the house as they struggle against them, once they were outside it got slightly better.

"Calm down," John tell AJ, AJ looks around her and saw Jasper still struggling to get out of Emmett's grip, Alice and Rosalie exit the house to see if everything was under control.

"AJ," Rosalie calls out, AJ looks up at her, her eyes wide. "Calm down, you need to calm down."

"John, you have to confuse us!" AJ spits out. "Use your gift!"

"Rosalie, Alice, hold her," John instructs, Rosalie and Alice speeds towards AJ and grabs her arms, John focuses on both Jasper and AJ conjuring up an illusion, it quickly confused them when they couldn't find the house and calmed down, their focus no longer on murdering Bella. "All right, I think they're calm." Edward exits the house as the Illusion slowly disappears, Alice and Rosalie release AJ cautiously. "You can let him go." Emmett releases Jasper and he looks at everyone, Edward makes a face at the top of the stairs.

"Stop it, for hell's sake, Edward." AJ mumbles.

"No, If it weren't for this party then this wouldn't have happened," Edward says, Rosalie turns to look up at Edward.

"No, if you didn't bring that human into this house none of this would have happened," Rosalie says. "We would have been happy and safe!"

"It's not Bella's fault!" Edward argues.

"Rosalie, Edward," AJ warns them.

"Oh shut up," Edward says, AJ speeds up to Edward and wraps her hand around his neck.

"I swear to this eternal hell of ours, Edward, if you do not stop this attitude of yours right now, I will have no other choice but to compel you and your human to forget about each other." AJ threatens. "Now stop it." She pushes him backwards. "Go get your human and take her home." Edward rubs his neck and goes back into the house.

"I'm sorry," Jasper says, AJ turns around to look at Jasper.

"It wasn't your fault, Jasper," AJ says. "Why don't we go for a walk?" AJ suggests, Jasper nods his head, everyone could tell that they were feeling guilty about what had happened, AJ speeds up to him. "We'll go for a hunt."

"I didn't mean for this to happen," Jasper says, they walk into the woods leaving everyone behind to deal with the mess.

"This is not your fault, Jasper, do not blame yourself," AJ says.

"I feel so guilty, and Edward's angry with me," Jasper says.

"Let him be, he brought the human home, he should be the one feeling guilty," AJ says. "I lost control as well, Jasper, if it weren't for John grabbing me, I would have been the one to kill her." Jasper nods his head. "It's going to eat at us for a while, but it's going to be all right, we'll be all right."

"All right," Jasper says.

"All right, just remember, we might have been created to kill, and we might kill on accident, but we never mean to do so on purpose," AJ says. "We're supposed to be monsters, but that doesn't mean that we want to be."

"We're going to move, aren't we?" Jasper asks, AJ nods her head.

"Most likely," AJ says. "But it will be better, a fresh start, no humans in the household." She faintly smiles at him. "It'll be for the best."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 426 5
in which lorraine hawthorne wasn't always lorraine hawthorne, for once she was not only a killer but a monster. β€ži'm not supposed to engage myself wi...
13.3K 374 14
IN WHICH - Sabine Cullen knows that Jasper Hale is her soulmate, but flat out refuses to tell him. @-toodeviant / 2023
1.6M 52.2K 84
ππ€π‘π€ππŽπˆπƒ| ❝︎Why are you so paranoid?❞︎ ❝︎Why aren't you?❞ π‘π¨π¬πšπ₯𝐒𝐞 οΏ½...
926K 27.8K 17
❝Life could have swallowed all the light in her, and she'd still be full of fire and fight.❞ cover by @allisonsargent [ NEW MOON ] [ HAVEN...