Butterfly

By StitchIzBestBoi

"...Of course, they wouldn't understand. They've been pampered their whole life. They don't know how it feels... More

Chapter 1 (Beginning)
Chapter Two (The Move)
Chapter Three (Hello, New York)
Chapter Four (Friend?)
Chapter Five (Bully)
Chapter Six (Father)
Chapter Eight (Orientation)
Chapter Nine (Doomsday)
Chapter 10 (Day One)
Chapter 11 (Amber)
Chapter 12 (The Class)
Chapter Thirteen (Music)
Announcement
Chapter 14 (Just Sing)
Chapter 15 (The Deal)
Chapter 16: (Friends and Foes)

Chapter Seven (Frederickson Academy)

20 2 0
By StitchIzBestBoi

(One year ago)

.

.

.

"I-I-I LIKE YOU JENNIE!" Pathetic right? That was the first and last time I would ever fall in love and humiliate myself like that ever again. Like I said I never had much luck with girls. "I'm Felix, the guy you sit next to in math class."

"So you're the creep who stares at me during lunch aren't you. Get your head out of your ass it's not a hat and what made you think that I would date you." She walked away and disappeared as fast as I fell in love with her. I don't want to feel that heartbreak again. I hope I never will.

.

.

.

(The present)

"Felix, FELIX!" I stumble up with my eyes still close. Last night I walked around the mansion and fell asleep in the garden bench. I wince and put my hand on my back. Shit, my back hurts like hell. This is the last time I sleep on a bench. "You know, Benjamin prepared a bedroom for you, you could've-" I cut my father off "Fuck Benjamin, can't you just take me home. With my family." I say annoyed. My father looks at me and chuckles, "Very well, come along then." I follow my father and we get into his sports car. He starts the car and we begin to drive back to my house. God, this was terrible. I'm not anything like my father...Am I? I look out the window and see my new house but we drive right by it. "Hey, hey you just drove by the house," I tell my father. "We aren't going to your house. Well, not yet at least. Today's your orientation day." What? I'm not even enrolled in any school- shit. I just remembered I'm being enrolled in my father's school. I look out the window and begin to think. Is he going to put me in some lame private school with strict teachers so I could get a "better education." I sigh at all my thoughts and throw my head back and look at the car roof. I can't believe it has come to this. I start to close my eyes but my father exclaims, "We're here!" I sit up and look at the floor. I feel like this school will look like a prison. No cafeteria and long gloomy hallways with rusty lockers. I roll my eyes and get out of the car but I see no building. "Where are we?" I ask "At the school's private parking area." What the heck! Private parking. That's too much. "The school's transportation vehicles should arrive any minute now. You see the campus is divided into three different sections. The primary school area, the secondary school area, and the preparatory school area. We have decided to put buses designed specifically for this school only. Staff normally parks here and they get transported to their section of the campus from here. Students can only be dropped off at the front of the campus and the buses will take them from there." Woah! This is way too complicated. This already sounds like a prison. "Hey, what's the name of your school anyways," I ask. "Well, it's not entirely my school. I own a portion of it as well as other different investors and companies, but the founder of this school is Timothy James Fredrickson. Thus the name, Fredrickson Academy." Did he just say, Fredrickson Academy? As in the big fancy school everybody is talking about. "Fredrickson Academy?" I say shocked. "Yes, have you heard about it?" My father asks looking at me. "It may have been mentioned here and there but I don't know much about it," I say putting my hands in my pockets. "Well, I hope you enjoy your orientation." He says looking ahead of him. "FELIX!!!" I turn around and see Teressa running towards me. "Hey Terri, what are you doing here?" I ask. "Mommy brought me here but she has to wait in the car 'cause she's not a staff member of the school. FELIX, did you know that this is a school where RICH PEOPLE GO! Imagine how pretty this school must be." Teressa begins jumping up and down. She looks so happy and I completely forgot about my father for a second. "You must be Teressa." My father says looking at her. Teressa freezes and her smile fades into a frown. She looks down and goes over to my side and grabs my hand. "Please don't leave me alone with him Felix." my sister says in a low voice. "I won't," I say holding onto her hand. My father sighs and continues to stand firmly when a bus begins to come towards us. We begin to climb in when my father cuts in front of me and begins to yell at the driver. "YOU ARE FIVE MINUTES LATE! UNACCEPTABLE! DO YOU WANT MY STUDENTS TO BEGIN TO THINK THAT TARDINESS IS ACCEPTABLE" The driver looks down at the pedal. "Er- no sir." She says. "Then this better not happen again, understood?" He says leaning into the driver. "U-understood Sir." The driver says. Teressa grips onto my arm, afraid. What the hell man! She was just five minutes late. It's not the end of the world. Teressa and I climb onto the bus and we were both shocked by how fancy the inside was. There were individual seats in rows of two made of a light tan leather. The seats had armrests and cupholders and a small place to charge your phone. This is a luxury. Teressa begins to get excited again as she takes a seat by the window. I sit next to her while my father sits behind me. "Felix, look, I'll be able to listen to music on here like the girls do in the movies." She says with a smile on her face. I chuckle, "Yea, just like in the movies." We begin to drive past trees and small buildings. "Felix, I hope the school is like a castle so I can act like a princess. I want to make friends who are RICH so they could buy me expensive presents. It's like friends with benefits right?!" No, no, no. It's not. "That's not what you think it means Terri. Where did you even hear that?" I say concerned.

"Whatever, I hope the boys in this school are cute."

"WHAT! Terri, you are too young to be thinking about boys. Focus on your education."

"So I could be like you? Barely passing all my classes and failing at getting a girlfriend? Yea, no thanks."

"Why you little-"

"Next stop Fredrickson Academy Main Campus: Entrance 1" A lady in a speaker announces. Teressa Whirls her head around to the window and places her hands on it. "WOAH!" She exclaims. The building is way bigger than I imagined. There are so many windows and statues. This school is HUGE it must be at least six stories high. There is a huge clock in the middle of all the buildings and a fountain in the middle of the floor. The sidewalks were paved with white stone. I see parents and kids walking around the campus. I see bushes and flowers at the entrance. This looks like something out of a movie. I gulp and begin to feel nervous but not a bad nervous. I feel like there is something for me here. A place where I can be who I am. A place to be me. The bus stops and my sister and I rush out. Our jaws drop and we take in the school's beauty. Cherry blossom trees, clean green grass. Buildings that look like a castle. "FELIX, THIS IS AMAZING!" Teressa jumps up and down and grabs my hand and runs to the center of it all. I forget about my dad. My problems. Why does a school feel so magical? I want to cringe at my thoughts but I'm still shocked by all the enchantment. "WOW! LOOK FELIX THE FOUNTAIN IS HUGE!" Teressa runs around the fountain and I stare at all the buildings. I peek through the windows and see empty classrooms. The desks are spotless and everything looks so fancy. "All parents and students please report to the auditorium. All parents and students please report to the auditorium." The P.A echoes through the entrance. "LET'S GO FELIX! LET'S GO!" Teressa grabs me by the arm and we begin to follow the crowd. Gucci, Channel, Louis Vuitton, Rolex. Everyone looks so expensive. I hope this doesn't mean that all the kids are snobs. We get to the doors of the school and we take our first step. Little did I know that at the six different entrances of the school, were the people that were going to change my life forever.

.

.

.

( One year ago )

"Did you hear that Felix asked out the hottest girl in school."

"Who the hell is Felix?"

"Isn't Felix that short dude with the red highlights."

"Haha, no way."

"Jennie rejected his desperate ass right there on the spot."

"How humiliating."

"Yo, if I were him I would've died of shame."

"Shut the fuck up, are you serious. Where did he get the balls to do that?"

"That nerd asked out Jennie? No wonder he got rejected just look at him. Nobody cares about him, Everyone thinks he is annoying as shit, and he fucking looks like a pencil with his skinny ass self."

"He is as invisible as a nose on a man's face."

"He might as well be dead. I mean who would care if he killed himself. I wouldn't hahaha."

"Dude, Shut up he's right there."

I've heard every word, I've seen all the hate, and I've felt all the pain. I can't believe she told everyone. I thought she would just forget me like everyone else does. Is it everyone's mission to make my life a misery. GOD DAMN IT! I got up from my seat and picked up one of the guys who was talking about me by the collar. "You bastard..." I looked at him dead in the eyes and he seemed scared. "What are you afraid of me? I thought you said you didn't care? I thought you said I was as invisible as a nose on a man's face? Well if I'm so invisible, if I am as worthless as you say I am then why are you about to piss your pants." The boy looked at me and his trembling frown turned into a smile. ".. haha...HAHAHA not only are you an invisible little shit, it turns out, you're also a fucking freak." The guy smashed his head into mine pushing me to the floor and making my nose bleed. I got up and swang my arm at him but he blocked my swing and jolted his knee into my stomach. I fell trembling and held onto my stomach. "Ah....shit," I said trembling. "What was that freak?" He kicked me on the side and whispered into my ear. "If I were you I would've killed myself already so do us all a favor and fuck off." He kicked me on the side once more and everyone ran leaving me on the floor. Alone. Again...

.

.

.

(Present)

"Name?"

"Huh?" I snapped out of my daze. "Name? What's your name kid?" A tall man with blue glasses asked me. He looked like he was in his late 40's. He had blue eyes, black hair with a few gray hairs here and there, and was wearing a black suit and had a name tag on. It read Mr. Stephen, A.P. "Er- um, I'm Felix." I say "Full name kid." The man says annoyed while folding his arms. "Oh, Felix Enderson and this is Teressa Enderson," I say. The man jumps and shakes my hand with an embarrassed smile "Oh! haha sorry. Um, follow me this way."

"Sir, aren't we supposed to go with the crowd?" Teressa points out. "No, you guys aren't supposed to." The man squats down in front of Teressa. "Your daddy told me to take you to a very special place for the very important people and If Mr. Stephen, that's me, doesn't take you there then I can kiss this job bye-bye since Daddy would fire me faster than you could say Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better." Says Mr. Stephen in a childish voice. "Lesser leather tether feather, crap!" Teressa frowns and we begin to follow Mr.Stephen. "Excuse me, Mr. Stephen," I say.

"What's up kid?"

"Are you talking about Johnathan Enderson?"

"Of course I'm talking about Mr. Enderson. Who else would I be talking about, Beyonce?" Teressa giggles, "Hahaha, you're funny."

"Sure kid, sure. Mr. Enderson is your father right?" Teressa and I look at each other. We both nod and Mr. Stephen opens up a door. We walk in and we can see the auditorium filled with lights. All the seats are full and the room is filled with excitement. "Excuse me, Mr. Stephen, Where do we sit?" Teressa says eagerly. "Follow me." We follow him upstairs and we arrive at another door. "Now you guys aren't the only ones who get the V.I.P experience, You have to be nice and share the snacks with the other kids here. Mr. Fredrickson's kids are here as well as Mr. Calloway's kid so behave. Teressa and I nod and Mr. Stephen opens the door to reveal... "DITCH THOSE CAPRISUNS AND SHOW ME THE BEER!"

"WOOOOOO-"

.

.

.

We all stare at each other in dead silence. We were all frozen. There was a girl with long wavy blond hair and hazel eyes. She was wearing a pink top with white jeans and rose heels and looks around 16. Then there was a guy who looks like he's around my age. He had blond hair, hazel eyes, and a very nice jawline and was wearing a Green military pattern shirt with black ripped jeans and GUCCI SHOES. Wow. Then there was another guy who also looked about my age. He was tall and had blond curly-ish hair, green eyes, and a nice jawline. He wore a blue buttoned-up plaid shirt with gray jeans and white vans. Why do they look incredibly familiar? Lastly, this big idiot standing on the table holding a bottle of beer. He was wearing a red Channel shirt with black ripped pants and checkered red vans. He had brown hair and brown eyes and was very handsome but apparently he was just a big clown. We all stared at each other for what seemed to be for an eternity until somebody finally broke the silence. "Er, um MILES! Why did you encourage Gabe to do something like this." Exclaimed the girl. "Don't look at me, Nancy! You were the one who told him to sneak the beer in here." replied the boy with the military shirt. "Hey, hey. Let's all calm down and agree that... IT WAS ALL PETER'S IDEA!" Says the guy who was standing on the table. "What the- I wasn't even going to drink anything. You guys always drag me into your business. I wasn't in favor of doing any of this." says the guy with the plaid shirt. They begin to argue when Mr. Stephen stops everything. "ENOUGH! This has gone too far! First the incident at the Saturday brunch, then the incident at the Formal, and now this! You kids are the reason I have anxiety issues! GIVE ME THAT!" Mr. Stephen snatches the beer out of the guy's hands and grabs the rest of the case. "Now behave yourselves or else I WILL tell your parents about EVERYTHING!" He says glaring at all of them. The kids hold their heads down in shame and say in unison. "We're sorry Mr. Stephen. It won't happen again."

"It better not happen again or else your sorry behinds will be telling it to your DADDY'S! Also here are Mr. Enderson's kids and apologize for your terrible and completely inappropriate behavior." and with that Mr. Stephen slams the door and leaves us in here with these four kids...

.

.

.

(End of Chapter Seven)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 246 33
The average human being spends every second of his day fighting against the force of nature to see another day. But I'm different. I'm not afraid of...
1.3K 31 25
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...
1.3K 55 74
This is a personal documentation through poetry. I am learning to look inward now, give myself love when I least want to. I do not live to love other...
2.6K 452 52
One of the favourite lessons reading books has taught me is that you're never alone, not alteast in thoughts and words. There are others who think l...