Butterfly Effect

Da AlicesApple

The humane emotions had gotten ahead of Leila, Rain, and those who continuously carried the consequences for... Altro

Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 11

0 0 0
Da AlicesApple

I pulled the trigger with the same handgun Rufo passed me a decade ago. Again. As that man begs for his life on his knees knowing he'd come to this after he starved five states and overused his power as a politician, he knew I was coming.

On his bed before the same day he had brought me to tears out of laughter as he expresses his "I love you". The same bed would see him cry from his future scars that I'm about to carve. He was merely a job, another job that Rufo gave me.

It's already 4 in the afternoon and I have to get this job done before dinner or Rufo would kill me.

"Please, Lucy, No." As he begged for his life again while his shoulder bleeds. We were locked in his room for he sneaked me inside for his wife not to notice his filthy husband seeking for adventure. It annoys me that my red lipstick had been messy but my hair's long and messily attractive than ever.

What a wonderful screen name, Lucy, slutty.

"Oh, mister. I guess I love you too." I shot him in his head revealing his red fluid as it exploded throughout his bed as his eyes roll out of its own soul, he dropped-- dead.

I rushed to escape through his window displaying the whole view from below and above, the next window's worth 2 feet away from me, trying to reach it would make a commotion that would display my whole identity, I decided to switch places—I went back and through his balcony still as fascinated as the blood slowly covers the whole carpet turning his snowy-white room into a more adventurous one, just as he likes it.

I went through the balcony beside his hotel room, I stood up at the edge not minding the breeze that's against me from jumping, but I did. As soon as I had landed I haven't noticed an empty slate which made its noise only to notice that there was a guy in the apartment, he started walk towards me with his slow pace and his confused stares.

I was about to ignore him but I couldn't still escape at the next balcony for it was still occupied, so I stood there waiting for him to be indulged into me.

As he stepped closer to me I was distracted at my target's balcony a bunch of men in suit gathered there.

Looks like they're looking for me

I waited for a little while but as I turn back to my side I can see him as he took my arm and wrapped it around my back being in an obviously sexual position. I took advantage of it and acted upon it for the men in suits not to be distracted by me.

"Where did you came from!? Who are you?!" I pushed him backwards to get away from the men's eyes and he interrogated me but I'm afraid I have to be back before dinner.

I took his hand that was holding mine and pushed him backwards tripping him onto the edge of his room. I turned into a full circle to twist his arm, he started shouting out of pain not being able to take a clear glance onto my face. When he started to bend his own up to his knees I kicked him onto his' leaving him groaning twice as much.

I then took my handgun onto this tiny bag of mine and dropped it onto his nape, he bounced onto the floor as he lost his consciousness. I need to be home now.

I hurriedly took this chance to shot him dead—leaving his own blood to bathe himself.

You'd thank me later.

I just took away his pain and confusion from this world. He'll now be in a better place, in a better color of his clothes--red.

I took his sweater by the door and with his height his sweater could already be a dress to me. I wore it as I cover my whole body to avoid from being seen. Putting my handgun back to the bag wasn't a problem at all, I afterwards held onto the door and opened it slowly—I did saw his men panicking and searching for a proper culprit throughout the hotel but I had to be home by now.

I took the chance, I went out knowing that the politician sneaked me in into the windows which is pretty clean for he thinks that's paying me off for the night. Well, he is, with his life-- which means that there's no chances that we were seen together by his wife's assigned bodyguards.

I walked out of the door excitedly calm not minding his agents, such a scene makes me feel even more proud. I first looked confused and startled as they roam around the hallway's floor then I proceeded to the elevator with a relaxing manner. I expressed a sigh as the door closes after I clicked the button onto the elevator.

A hand ceased the elevator door from closing making my heart skip a beat. I looked onto the person's identity slowly as I wasn't ready for mishaps right now.

"Sorry." A guy in glasses showed up, having his shoulder even more suspicious that mine. He then clicked the buttons and closed the door immediately. He's stance constantly hesitates—I think he's wants to try and make a conversation out of this confusing situation.

A bell rang and I rushed out of the elevator with my head down staring at the closed phone of mine after I got it out of his sweater.

Shit, I have to get rid on this.

It left hesitations onto my mind seeing that this could immediately turn me in and describe my whole identity blowing all of my cover and my past crimes. I wanted to go back but it's catastrophic back there. A bunch of men started raiding the hotel as their loud formal black shoes trumps on the hotel floors I disappeared along the crowd evacuating from the hotel.

I walked past three blocks and went through an empty alley only to pass by a garbage truck. I folded the phone in two leaving its glass debris onto my palms recreating all of the same bloods onto my palms before—before of I couldn't even remember myself.

I have to get home.
I lifted my pulse revealing the time that displays "6:00pm" I hurriedly proceeded to the alley rushing back home while stashing this sweater into pieces as well leaving it unrecognizable. I put it back my handbag waiting for me to get home to be able to burn it alive.

As I walk onto the porch I can hear loud laughter surrounds our house. Rufo did strictly asked me to be home before dinner.

I went and walked onto the door mat, feeling the smooth surface of the knob opening the wooden door with its transparent window pane as a design. It all seemed so normal, our house, our routine. The way we did things unlike how we were a decade ago, being in that iron door shutting ourselves in a windowless apartment of his. Now, here we are. Onto this two storey, well-built house—oh, home. It was all sudden, while Rufo took care of me and made me feel the same feelings when we ran from the big man we moved out of it and went to this house, I was too young to notice or even see why. He maybe just wanted to take care of me in a better place not minding how tragic the past was.

We do routinely killings when the 'bosses' tell him to do so, I do carry the job now as how I pay back to Rufo's proper treatment of me.

I went ahead and excused myself as I walk upstairs going straight to my room because of my messy state, I can see that someone's here and as a respect for Rufo, I had to immediately fix myself to properly introduce my own.

I opened my wooden door and the slippery marble tiles supports me to go all the way. I saw a red, fascinating and mesmerizing dress out of silk that is resting onto my bed with the simple necklace that displays a lock design on it with its plain silver necklace and a 4-inch stilettos beside it.

"Please wear this, Sky. –Rufo" A note was written on top of it which made me smile.

Why make such effort on a normal day?

I immediately put it on remembering that there's a visitor downstairs.

I went on and slowly walked down the staircase as I my feet isn't used to something this high. The two kept on laughing about an inside joke that I could not understand, they walked out of the dining room making me confused for we haven't ate dinner yet. Rufo seemed glad, I wasn't late, what's with this scheme?

Who's this guy?

"Sky, baby, here's Drix." I took his hands as I took the last step of the stairs, his smile along his black rounded eyes and his military cut hairstyle not to mention his great stance which was alike Rufo's a decade ago that matches with his height that only got me up to his shoulder.

"He's taking you out for dinner. He's the heir of the present holder of Mauckintosh Corporation" We smiled at each other feeling like we knew ourselves from way before.

Mau--- what?

I continued nodding only to express that I'm a woman of few words. I did not like to engage in conversations and Rufo explained it Drix provided that Drix took it as a guideline on how to 'date' me. I halfly smirked at Rufo, still confused as ever.

What's with the sudden move, Rufo

------------------------------------

"Drix?" I took a step forward in this spacious room, feeling cliché as ever. The glossy coffee table is the only space restricting me and my brother from making physical contact. He called me out of melancholy displaying his eyes that's telling me to switch with him for tomorrow.

"What? I don't want to. I want to see the girl first." As I munch onto the cookies beside me having the majestic TV's color reflect onto us.

"Just hide here again. Promise, the next date's yours." I halted myself from looking at him seeing that he would negotiate me out of this again. He's been here for a month because he had failed to follow our last agreement last time. He made unplanned decisions such as going to the amusement park and we almost got caught with his foolishness.

"I'll be Drix for today, Andrei." He did not make any noise other than his foot stepping away from me.

"Not until Dr. Mendez permits you to go out, you will have to stay here or we'll get caught, Andrei." He has to stay here for a while. We just have to complete this task that was given to us, one of us will be able to live and I want Andrei to live out of this. He's my identical brother after all. We were bounded in this oath ever since we were born as we are one of the children—or supposedly child of Rebecca and Kurt, The Couple B for the experiment made for the Alternate Universe. We had been briefed for this, taken care for this unlike that one experiment whom we were told that run away. Sky. It's written in the book, our book and what's already destined for us to do, we're going to die anyways.

"I will be going to their house tomorrow to get her to dinner and we would discuss our destiny. She cannot know about you, Andrei." Before I noticed he's gone I kept on talking only to feel that he'll understand me since I get to talk to Dr. Mendez often as he's happy-go-lucky than me. He never read the files and believed that it's all nonsense not knowing what will happen if his stubbornness perdures.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

2.5K 218 35
Her death hit him hard. But figuring out why she left, hit him a hundred times harder.
37.4K 2.1K 7
A story about how two souls come together and heal each other.
47.5K 1.4K 20
As a girl Jessica dreamt of goodness in the world and romance, as many girls do. However, as she grew and life threw everything it had at her, she re...
256 8 36
A Bucket List: A list you want to complete before you die. A list many are in no rush to complete, because who knows when they'll die? Eaven does. Or...