The Definition Of A Princess(...

By mary4561

A Whattpad recommended book Debbie Morgan-Jensen is told she's a princess in an unideal setting. As well as d... More

Come Again
Why?
A New Way
Goodbye
Uncomfortable Truths
I Need To Be Able To Trust You
Knowing Your Place
Party
Reality
Hostile
The Interview
The Engagement
First State Visit
First Tour
Family
Changes
Caution
Antonio
Love
Update
Importance
Loved
England
Mother
Married
Good News
Betrayal
The Apology
The Talk
The Summons
Moving On
New Normal
Strength
Friends
New Beginings
New Chapter
Birthday Surprise
Victoria's Story
The Future
William's Story
Teaser
Prince Johan

Love And Hate

42 7 0
By mary4561

⚠️This chapter deals with a racially motivated murder".⚠️

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"
-Martin Luther King

Around noon Antonio joins Debbie in the dining room,  "I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me later?" She ask him shyly.

He looks at her in surprise, "I would love to.  The old man is looking really well".

"I know I'm so thankful Antonio.  What are your plans while you're here?"

"It's a private visit so I'm just spending time getting to know you and reacquainting myself with everyone else".

Debbie found out that night that Antonio was into documentaries, Dr Who, Sherlock and Scandinavian film noir. He was shy and nothing like the tabloids made him out to be and he had a great sense of humour. As they argued over who was the better doctor Matt Smith or David Tentant(Smith obviously). She thought wow a guy who's nerdy in the best way possible I hope he likes me. When she tells him she went to London comic con he was happy she experience something so amazingly normal.

They talked for three hours straight getting to know each other better and when the night was over Debbie couldn't stop smiling. She says goodnight to her father and grandfather who saw the happiness on her face. They smile while looking at each other with knowing looks behind her back.

Debbie was finishing up her homework the following day when Antonio walks into the living room.

"Hi I hope I'm not disturbing you".

She look up at him he was wearing black jeans with a white shirt and black Vans her mouth watered a little bit.

"Uhm no I'm finish did you want something?"

"Yeah do you want to go on a date with me?" She smiles.

"Yes I would love to".

"I was thinking we could go out for a drink my best friend Diego told me about a private members club that does great food and drinks nearby".

"Sounds lovely I've never been to a members club before what time were you thinking?"

"I thought about 4 o'clock that way we can spent a few hours getting to know each other better before we have dinner with your family later".

"That's a great idea let me just sort out my university stuff then I'll get the kitchen to bring up my chicken tikka masala I made for you".

"You cooked?"

"Yes".

Debbie clears the table and calls the kitchen asking for two portions of her chicken and rice meal to be sent up.

"This is so good how do you even know how to cook this type of food?" Antonio ask before taking another bite of the delicious chicken.

"London is a cosmopolitan city and I learned from a combination of YouTube, cookbooks and asking questions in Indian restaurants".

The date to the private members club was eye opening for Debbie, celebrities, politicians and minor royalty were there. Debbie was there as a guest of Antonio's and the club offers her membership on the spot when they saw her.

"I'll think about it".

The receptionist just stares at Debbie not believing he's seeing the Crown Princess up close.  Antonio walks Debbie into the club house. It really did look like a stereotype of what you see in British movies about places upper class people visit.
There was a Library filled with Literary classics such as Moby Dick and the rooms had large armchairs, sofas and tables with lamps on them.

Antonio leads Debbie into a room with a bar which had lots of plush oversized armchairs and sofas. She noted even thought it was daytime the room was somewhat dark since the walls were painted a dark green.

She sits on a chesterfield chair and Antonio sits opposite her just as a waiter comes to take their order. Debbie orders a virgin Mojito and Antonio a beer.

"This place is such a stereotype I mean even the sofas are a dark colour and the bartender is french".

"As a Sherlock fan I figured you would like the Baker Street vibes of this place".

Debbie reaches over and touch his hand,  "I do. Thank you for bringing me here".

"I read you said you weren't thinking about dating is that true or is it just a boyfriend you're not interested in?"

"My dad had a party and two guys there rub me the wrong way. The next thing I know the newspapers was running a story I'm interested in one of them".

"Ah so you're open to having a boyfriend?"

"Of course why else would I be here with you", She blushes.

"You're very cute when you blush".

The waiter comes over with their drinks Debbie was grateful for the interruption since it gave her a chance to collect herself.

The date went well Debbie told Antonio about her life in London and about how nervous she felt coming to Denmark. She even told him how she felt about her life changing so dramatically.

"It would be strange if it didn't feel nervous you're in a new country with no proper friends as yet. You're learning a new way to live not to mention you have family you didn't know you had. It's a lot to deal with all at once".

"This is the first time I've been able to talk like this to someone else about coming here that wasn't family".

"You can always talk to me you know Debora".

"Thank you".

Debbie notices people watching her and Antonio constantly. "Are you sure other people here won't talk to the press?"

"Everyone here must sign a non disclosure agreement when they join.  If they talk about what goes on in here their membership is revoked.  They will become person non grata in certain social circles".

On the last day of his visit Debbie and Antonio was in the pool in the palace. They had spent every moment they could together. They realised they liked each other enough to decide to give a relationship a try.

"I'm going to miss you soo much", said Debbie sadly.

"There will be phone calls and FaceTime and WhatsApp".

"I know but it's not the same as having you physically here with me". 

Antonio kisses her and she smiles Debbie had never really kissed anyone before. As if realising that Antonio tills her head and bring his lips down on hers.

The night of the dinner at Theo's parents house Debbie dresses in a pink gown with long white gloves that went all the way up her arms. She wore a pair of trainers under her gown not knowing if she would be doing a lot of standing or not.
She was driven through the gates of a country mansion that English aristocrats would call the family seat. There were hundreds of acres of land all around her. She would be spending the weekend in the country but declined the invitation to stay the weekend with Theo and his family. Instead she was staying with her father's other best friend beside the king of Spain. She would however do something with Theo and his family each day. So no one could accuse her of not giving them the respect they deserve.

She was met at the door by the head butler he bows, "Your Royal Highnes welcome".

Debbie turns to see a receiving line it consisted of Theo, his parents and their various other family members. She was ushered into the drawing room with some of her security and her lady-in-waiting following behind her.
She knew security checked the house out before she came and that those security men were still there. Debbie had a lot of security with her. She smiles warmly at Theo as she rememberers asking her father if he was sure Theo's family was safe.

"His father walks with the state crown at the opening of Falketing(parliament)".

Debbie takes a orange juice from a waiter she made a decision that while she was in the house. No alcohol would pass her lips not trusting the family yet. Her father was giving her a lesson in keeping up appearances. Which was the only reason she was at a party she didn't want to attend. She smiles as she's introduced to some more people in the drawing room. All throughout dinner Theo kept staring at her and when dinner was over he walks up to her.

"Thank you for coming I'm sorry about the article linking me to you I had nothing to do with it. You've really taken to becoming a princess haven't you?"

"You're implying I was made a princess as oppose to being born one", she snaps.

"I just meant that you're very good with people in your job as a princess. You bring with you a new demographic of people who never followed the monarchy before".

"Where's your brother?"

"He's in rehab again we're hoping this time it sticks. You really should learn to take a compliment you know".

"Thank you for the compliment I'm sorry for snapping Theo. Perhaps your family should visit Oscar in rehab to let him know he's not alone. There's a reason rehab has not taken with him and he keeps going in".

"You make a very good point I will have a chat with mum and dad. Look I know you've said in press releases you're concentrating on studying at the moment not guys. The think is I would really like to take you on a date or the upperclass version of a discreet date".

"What's that?"

"Dinner at a friend's house".

"Thank you for the invitation but I must decline",  Debbie changes the subject.  "So you will inherit all this".

Theo looks around the room, "Yes hopefully not for a few years right now med school is kicking my butt.  I want to finish my studies and work in my chosen field before I take over running this place from dad". 

Debbie though he and Susan would get on great he was studying to be a shrink because of seeing what is brother went through. She was studying to be a doctor to help others. She was happy to see he had a heart but she was still weary of him somewhat.

Two weeks later while Debbie was at university the class got very quiet and people started showing each other their phones. She logs unto Twitter to see that a group of right wing men had murdered a family from Africa and four other people of colour. She left the classroom to take a phone call from her father. He told her she had to return to the palace immediately.

When Debbie walks into the drawing room her father and his team were there. "We're drafting a statement of condolence and condemning the attack as we speak".

"We need to do more than just write a statement I think as soon as we're allowed to we should visit the families. I'm sure there will be a church service of remembrance we should attend that as well. The younger members of the family could go myself included".

"It's not safe Debora those right wing nut jobs who killed all those people are beyond violent. They maybe waiting for you to visit the scene of the crime to hurt you".

"I know dad the U.K. have groups like these too but it's important that we show those thugs we utterly do not condone what they did". She turns to the room, "I  would like to speak to daddy alone please leave us".

When the room was empty Debbie turns to her father, "I  know 99 percent of this country is decent but that one percent is what people will remember most. I'm a black women that could have been me killed today for no other reason but my skin colour. The eyes of the world is on Denmark right now because of me. For them to see a racially aggravated murder occurring in a place where a black women will rule one day doesn't look good. In the same way the police is talking tough on the tv we need to be seen as compassionate."

"You're right as soon as the police has made the place secure we will arrange a visit. My brother will attend the remembrance service as well. I myself will visit the father and offer my condolences privately".

Debbie looks surprise, "I thought the whole family was killed".

"No the father and two of his children were shopping when the shooting occurred. Ironically everyone that was killed was born in this country. The father came from Nigeria some years ago.

Debbie really didn't want to go to school the next day but she did. The news had constantly been running stories on how bad it looked to the rest of the world that racist had murdered black citizens.  She was being used as an example constantly of Denmark not being racist as they embraced her wholeheartedly. Her colour became more important than her status for the last 24 hours.

Debbie, her uncle and cousins attended a prayer service for the victims. She spoke to the father of the victims and others who lost love ones. The family of those who lose love ones requested she did a reading from the bible which she did.
As she leaves the service she starts to cry David her private secretary hands her a tissue.

"It's must be hard for you as a person of colour to know that hate like that exist in this world".

"Believe it or not I'm use to racism and hate. Today is just a reminder that even with a title and money some people just see me as a Nig*ar".

That night Debbie spoke to Antonio for hours and he listens while she explained how hard the day was for her as a person of colour. When she was eight months into a relationship with him she officially tells her father and grandfather she was in a relationship with him. They were both delighted at the news happy that the two families could one day unite.  They both ask her if she thought this was a relationship she could see ending up in marriage. Debbie replies, "It could well be only time would tell." Antonio made private visits to see her and she went to Spain to visit him when she could.

In Debbie's second year of university the Spanish press found out about the relationship. She and Antonio had no choose but to admit the truth. The Danish press was happy with her choice of partner being a prince

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 23.8K 67
"Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "Talk down on yourself. Every time you get frustrated with yourself you resort to talking bad about yourself." "Thos...
745 7 31
Prince William of Denmark alway wanted to have someone to come home to at night. He has his eyes on one of his cousin's best friend Eva Thomas. Eva...
38.8K 938 18
Settling for a lonely life, Sibylla never thought she would overcome her fears of letting another man into her heart. Until she met him. Started | M...