DANGEROUS WOMAN || THE HUNGER...

By -iamagoddess

"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE R... More

DANGEROUS WOMAN.
SYNOPSIS.
ACT 1.
THE QUARTER QUELL.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
ACT 2.
THE CAPITOL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
WELCOME TO DISTRICT 13.
ACT 3.
DISTRICT 13.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
EPILOGUE.
MY PROMISE TO FINNICK.
DANGEROUS WOMAN PREQUEL?
PREQUEL IS OUT!

2.

93.7K 2K 749
By -iamagoddess

"THIS YEARS VICTOR'S..."

--¤☆¤--

"Looks like a storm is coming." I whispered, looking out of my kitchen window.

The skies were painted in dark greys and blues, making the atmosphere of District 10 more glum than usual. It felt like since Katniss and Peeta had won, things were more glum than usual. Like the universe knew something was terribly wrong. Wrapping my wool sweater around my arms, I stared up at the sky as the rumbles of thunder filled the once peaceful air. I could make hot chocolate later on and grab a fresh pastry from the bakery. Yeah, I'll do that.

Hearing my T.V turn on automatically, I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, confused about what was going on. Has something bad happened? Staring at the screen, I could feel my hands begin to shake as the camera panned out to Snow who had a smirk on his face. I didn't like the sight of that smirk. Shakily grabbing a discarded glass of water off the table, I watched as he read off whatever was written in the white envelope.

"And now we honor our third Quarter Quell." Snow announces, smiling deviously at the camera.

"On the Seventy-fifth anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the Capitol. The male and female tribute will be reaped from their existing pool of victors." He says, making me drop the glass in my hand.

"The male and female tribute will be reaped from their existing pool of victors.."

"Will be reaped from their existing pool of victors.."

Those words rang in my head like a broken record. I was going to be returning to the Games. With Klaudius. With Johanna. Sinking to my knees, I let out a loud scream as Snow continues to ramble on about the Quarter Quell. Feeling the sharp pickling of glass on my knees and ankles, I couldn't. I can't. I was going back. Hearing the distant screams come from down the street, I already knew that it was Klaus and his family. Oh my god. His family. He was going to leave them.

'I have to go back to the games..' I thought.

"No⎯No⎯No, please be a cruel joke. Please be a joke." I whispered, frantically running my hands through my hair.

Tucking my knees into my chest, I whimpered at the thought of having to kill my fellow friends and Mentor. No. No. No. I won the first time, why were they doing this? I did what they asked. I played their Game. Shutting my eyes, I couldn't escape the memories of my former ally Ares and his gory death. Would these Games end like the last time? No. No. No.

"No⎯No⎯Please Ares. I don't wanna die. I wanna go home." I sob out, scared of what he might do.

"Shh, Athena. It's gonna be okay." He said, cooing at my crying face.

"Saint Calvin told me not to worry about you, but he's got his own things to deal with..There's really just one thing that we have in common..Neither of us will be missed.." He sings, lifting up my knife above his head.

Bringing down the knife, I moved my head out of the way in time as it hit the grass centimeters from my head. Reaching my free arm, my fingers brush against the handle of my whip. It was so close. Wiggling around, I stretch out a little more, when I manage to grab my whip's handle. Gripping onto it tightly, I bash it into the side of his head, he groans and falls to my side cackling.

"Saint Bernard sits at the top of the driveway, you always said how you loved dogs..I don't know if I count, But I'm trying my best..When I'm howling and barking these songs.." He sings much softer, as I wobbly stand up from the ground.

Slapping the sides of my head at the memory, I could feel the warm blood⎯Ares blood trickling down my hands. Sobbing at the feeling of his hands on my neck, I could remember the way that his voice had an animalistic tone to it, the way that he turned our district song into a sinister lullaby of some sorts. Clawing at my neck, it felt like his hands were still on my neck, trying to kill me. He was trying to kill me.

"NO! NO! PLEASE! NO! NO! NO!" I screamed, feeling hands wrap around my waist.

"YOU SAID THAT YOU WANTED TO GO HOME ATHENA! YOU MISS HOME?!" He said, wrapping his hand around my throat.

Tightening his hand around my throat, I gasped for air clawing at his hand. I could feel my lungs curling up inside of me, begging me to take a breath of air. Wiggling my feet around for solid ground, my foot connects with his thigh. Hitting him, he doesn't budge like he didn't feel a thing. Kicking him again, I managed to kick him in the groin hard making him groan out in pain.

Collapsing to the floor, his tight grip loosens completely letting me fall to the leaves covered ground. Panting for air, I do my best to scrambled away from my insane district partner. This wasn't Ares. Not anymore. Taking deep breaths, I could still feel the tight grip on my neck, like he never let go. Turning to him, he's chuckling and shaking his head, back against a tree.

"Hey⎯Hey⎯it's okay. You're okay." A voice said, as I struggled to get out of their arms.

"NO!" I beg.

"It's me, it's Klaudius. It's Klaus." The voice said soothingly, making me stop struggling.

"Klaus, I don't wanna go back. Please don't make me go back. I don't wanna go back, I've been a good girl. I've been a good girl, I promise." I whisper, holding onto his arm tightly.

"I wish that I could do that but, I can't sweet pea." He said, petting my hair.

"They promised us! They said that if we won, they'd leave us alone! They promised! THEY PROMISED US!" I sob out, as the T.V shuts off.

"I know, sweet pea. I know." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I hate him! I hate him! Stupid Snow! I should have killed you when I had the chance!" I shout, my voice cracking at the end.

"Don't say that." Klaus said, rocking us back and forth.

"He⎯Snow⎯He visited me a week ago. He mentioned the Quell and said that if I was in the games. If⎯If I would do the same things that I did in my games. I should have known. Why didn't I notice it before?" I hiccuped, remembering his dreadful visit.

"Oh, sweet pea. It's gonna be okay but, what⎯what are you saying? That he did this on purpose?" He asked, cupping my face in his hands.

"I didn't think I should have been worried. He said he wants the Everdeen girl dead. He wants the districts to obey him. I think⎯I think that he'll do something to her." I rambled on, as more and more tears fell.

"Why do you say that?" He asked, wiping away my tears.

"He said⎯that she doesn't listen! What⎯What⎯oh my god, what if he orders me to kill her? I can't do that. She's just a kid." I said, as my hands shook.

"Sweet Pea." He said, his eyes were watering.

"I don't think that I'll be able to kill someone again. I⎯I can't. Not after last time." I whisper, looking at my shaking hands.

I barely survived last time I was in the Games. But, I couldn't do it now. I can't do it. I won't do it.

"I know. But, remember you can't show them that you're upset, they'll use it to their advantage. When⎯we⎯When Reaping day comes tomorrow, you need to promise me that you'll be the Athena Grey that the Capitol loves so much. You need to pretend." He demanded, his voice cracking slightly.

"I⎯I c-can't, Klaus. I can't be her. Why?! WHY COULDN'T IT BE ME THAT DIED!" I shouted, as my voice cracked.

"Hey⎯Hey, sweet pea. You can, just smile and wave. Once we are on the train, away from everyone's eyes, then you can cry all you want. Just do it in front of the camera's. Like I said all those years go, you'll need to flip the switch." He said, trying to encourage me.

"I⎯I want my Mommy." I whispered, as he pulled me closer to him.

"I know, Sweet Pea. I know you miss her. I miss her too. It's okay, sweet Pea." He whispered, rocking me back and forth.

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically in quarantine! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 9 13
"You're the butterflies in the air and I'm the waves that crash in the ocean. Together we're the sky and the sea," "...That's really corny" "Shut up...
16.7K 375 24
are we too young for this? feels like i can't move. finnick x oc written in full grammar. PREQUEL to the Catching Fire book. 1 in #district13 - 18.12...
509K 12.2K 22
❝You want me to babysit them for you?❞ ❝A little bit of blood is the least of my worries.❞ ❝I don't care how well I do, I don't care if I get hurt or...
35.9K 688 22
"My name is Peeta Mellark." "I am seventeen years old." "I am in love with Katniss Everdeen" "She betrayed me." "I was in the Hunger Games." "I've be...