Indignation (Detention Book 2...

By akashi_ryuuki

About 6 years have passed since their chaotic high school years. But not everything has been revealed. Dark s... More

Important Disclaimers & Clarifications
Summary of Detention (Book 1)
Detention ~Another Story~
Re:CASE #002
Re:CASE #003
Re:CASE #004
Re:CASE #005

Re:CASE #001

52 1 0
By akashi_ryuuki

A/N: Sorry for the late update of the anticipated (kidding) first chapter! I got caught up with a lot of work T__T

Online classes give more assignments than physical classes did ugh. 

Enjoy!

***

Akashi Seijuurou turned his head when he heard a sleepy whine. He was just adjusting his necktie when the girl on the bed slowly squinted her eyes open. He smiled a bit.

'Up already?' he spoke.

Heiwayuki Akashi, now Akashi Akashi, buried her face onto her pillow, given that she was lying on her stomach when she woke up.

'I'm off to work first?'

At that, her head jerked up and she stared at him, pouting.

Akashi chuckled, '15 minutes.'

Quickly, she rolled to her right, so that she'd fall to the floor, but she hasn't adjusted herself to their new house yet.

'Wait that's the wall–!' Akashi tried to warn her, but it was too late. Her head hit the wall first and she groaned, holding her head in her hands painfully. Whining once again, she rolled back to her left and stood. Akashi chuckled and walked to her and patted her head while laughing to himself.

'Welcome to Tokyo.' He smirked.

Heiwayuki rolled her eyes and went to shower.

-

Unlike Kyoto, Tokyo has lots and lots and uncountable amounts of souls wandering around. It's a busy city and people die each second, so it was a bit of a shock for Heiwa when she first reached Tokyo. The plane hadn't even landed when a soul greeted her by the window, grinning and making her squeal like a mouse.

Akashi and Heiwa set up a barrier around their house with Towa and Mikage's help and so far, it helped. There were no disturbances. 

Well... Not yet.

-

Tokyo Supernatural Division HQ was located around 350m away from Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo. The couple had to walk for a bit to get there from the station given that both refused to use a car as a transportation to save gas and indirectly, mother nature (Akashi does own a few cars though, they are just extra hardworking).

As they were walking, Akashi's phone rang and he picked up the call immediately, turning away a bit from Heiwa. 'Yes, Mikage?'

'Hi.' A voice cooed.

Heiwa turned to her left and it was a soul, looking rather joyful. She didn't respond and continued to march forward with Akashi alongside her.

'You're the legendary Founder's daughter.'  The soul continued.

Heiwa acted like she didn't hear anything but it was really annoying.

'Can you please help me?'

Finally, she looked. 'With what?' she queried softly.

The soul grinned and disappeared abruptly. Heiwa frowned but dismissed it as a mere prank. Souls are sometimes playful like that and she was getting used to it.

But a nanosecond after that thought, she suddenly felt like she lost her footing. Her surroundings became pitch black and she gasped as she fell unto her knees in shock. She turned to her right where she expected her husband to be but there was no one.

She wasn't the only one though.

Akashi had just finished talking to Mikage when he looked at his side and saw Heiwa talking to nothing but right after, he heard loud screeches and screams and many, many souls circled him. He hadn't seen souls for a while and the scene surprised him very much. His chest hurt.

But the thing happened very quickly. There absolutely was fear creeping between them but it ended so quickly they couldn't even begin to process anything. The black thingy and the souls were gone and now Heiwa and Akashi were staring at each other in wonder.

'Did you...' Heiwa trailed off and Akashi nodded, helping her up.

'Are you okay?' he asked.

She nodded then questioned back at him, 'Are you? What happened?'

'I'm okay and I don't know what that was. I want to say perhaps it was just a weird side effect of caffeine but you experienced something too.'

Heiwa hummed. 'Suspicious.'

It was as if Akashi could see souls again and Heiwayuki was severed from the real world.

'There's nothing we can do about it for now. Let's just head to the HQ quickly.' He urged and took her arm.

Heiwa tittered. 'Were you scared, little boy? Welcome to Tokyo.' She joked.

Akashi shook his head then lowered his face a bit so it was close to hers. 'I was just worried about you being taken away from me...' he whispered.

Heiwa quickly snatched her arm away from him and shivered. 'You still don't change.' She hissed.

Akashi shrugged. 'I won't.'

She let out a loud exhale. 'Why did I agree to your proposal?'

'You proposed to me first.' He confronted me.

'I didn't!'

'You indirectly did. I told other people you proposed first, so there's no going back.'

'And you're still so mean!' she clicked her tongue then walked a bit faster than he did. 'Race you to the damned HQ.' she glared then ran. Akashi laughed softly at her childish antics.

But the wide grin didn't last long. He saw souls for a moment there, and Heiwayuki was on the ground. Did their role change for a second? He was able to see the creatures and Heiwa was weakened. 

He decided to let it off and resumed his journey to the station.

-

Heiwayuki Akashi

I arrived at the HQ and looked back. Akashi Seijuurou wasn't behind me; at least I couldn't see him so I waited for him to come by the main gate. Just in case souls verbally harassed me, I stepped into the "holy" ground and stood.

Powerful and high ranked officers protected the HQ very strongly with spells or chants and the probability of the HQ to be attacked is very low. Also, souls would rather not make a scene and go on bad terms between them and the officers since most of them need their help.

Across the street, I surprisingly saw Koufuku. Raising an eyebrow, I wanted to call out her name but as soon as I blinked, she was gone. I frowned. Koufuku would usually stay longer.

'What are you looking at?'

I turned and saw my man. 'Nothing. Let's go in.'

He tilted his head and we headed in together. We separated on the third floor. Akashi headed left and I turned right towards my workplace. When I came in, Towa was standing by the window, gazing at the outside view.

'Missing Kyoto?' I queried as I put my bags on my seat and settled down, smiling at him. He turned to me.

'Morning, Heiwa.' He greeted.

'Morning!'

'You look happy.' He commented.

'I'm not actually really happy but whatever.' I shrugged.

Towa chuckled and returned to his seat, opposite of mine. I removed some piling files, placed it on the floor then stared at Towa.

'What have we got today?' I asked eagerly.

Towa shook his head. 'Nothing so far, you can continue writing your reports and proposals and whatnots.' He answered without looking away from his paper.

I pouted. 'Bummer... oh! I saw Koufuku outside earlier. She looked gloomy. She didn't come and see you?'

Towa tilted his head a little as if thinking but I noticed his eyes twitching a bit. 'No, she didn't. That's strange.'

I didn't push further and nodded in reply, dismissing the topic. 'Did you check upon our last victim? How is she?' I asked as I flipped open some files.

'Victim? Who?' he frowned, perhaps trying to remember.

'Erin? Remember? You promised her you would visit her again, if I heard it right.'

'Oh, her,' he nodded and she could visualize clouds of memories around him. 'My appointment was last week but she was sick so we only talked for a bit. It was the same boring conversation anyone would have with a victim. Things like, "how are you", "what are you into now" and other things of that sort.'

'I see,' I said, not looking up from my file. 'Are you going to have dinner with her?'

Towa laughed a bit. 'No, of course not!'

I pouted. 'It'd be fun if that's the case, I'm rooting for you two.'

'Oh Heiwa, you need to stop with that matchmaking thingy. Koufuku would sulk so badly.'

'No she won't! I asked her before and she said she'd be glad if you'd find somebody else and move on!'

'Nah, I know what she's like,' he shook his head slightly, the grin not disappearing from his face. He leaned back. 'She might act like it's nothing if I like someone else but the truth is, she's as hurt as I would be. We're really meant to be together, Heiwa.'

'Towa!!!!' I sighed exasperatedly. 'I'm 100% sure Koufuku would be fine! She's a very sweet girl! And stop using cheesy lines I'm cringing so much right now.'

Towa laughed. 'Alright, alright, I get it. I can't promise but I'll try. It's not easy.'

'I know,' I said. 'Been there.'

He looked as if he was about to say something but he changed the topic. 'I haven't seen Mikage around.'

I glanced at the clock above the door. 'He should be back anytime now. He had an assignment to complete.' I replied and stood.

'Where are you going?' Towa frowned.

I giggled shyly and left the room.

-

From his office window, Akashi watched as the man standing outside of the HQ waited a little more and left the place. He sensed abnormalities emitting from the stranger and he had an urge to help, although he doesn't know what he could help him with.

'He has something behind him,' a voice said.

Akashi snapped out of his thoughts and turned around to see Heiwayuki sitting on the couch in his office, facing him. There were two cups of freshly brewed coffee served on the small table.

He smiled. 'Hello there, my love.' he said and sat in front of her. Heiwayuki blushed at his soft voice. Subtle but Akashi could see it.

He took a sip and placed the cup down. 'What brings you here?' he queried.

Heiwayuki leaned back. 'Got bored of my work.'

Akashi chuckled. 'A lot of cases to solve?' he asked and she nodded. They turned silent and she brought the topic back up.

'The thing attached to the man seemed malicious,' she spoke.

Akashi blinked. 'What do you mean by malicious?'

She hummed. 'I'm not sure because maybe it's just what I'm feeling,' she answered. 'Usually, people that have things attached to them have some sort of nostalgia, melancholy or sorrow surrounding them. It could be a dead mother following her son to work. It could be a dead daughter chasing after her daddy. But this man... he has nothing of that sort. I only sense evil.'

Akashi nodded. 'Well, it's not rare. I've solved some cases like this.'

Heiwa looked at the window. 'Were you observing him?'

The redhead smiled. 'That guy is afraid to come inside.'

'The protective spells should hurt if he were to come inside,' Heiwa replied.

'Clever,' Akashi tilted his head. 'Also, he doesn't have the guts to get treated. But the soul is bothering him so much that going here is the only thing that could help him, and probably the soul, to calm down.'

Heiwayuki's face soured. 'Do you think he could see the soul, or he could merely feel it?'

'Well if he could see it that would be bad for him, right?' said Akashi. 'Mikage used to have a soul attached to him, too.'

Heiwayuki gasped, 'Really?!'

'Yeah, you can ask him when he comes back.'

'Damn, that's some interesting scoop to find out!' Heiwa exclaimed.

'You're a police officer, not a reporter,' Akashi reminded but Heiwayuki seemed so deep into it that she was already texting Mikage. Akashi shook his head, smiling at her antics, then glanced at the window.

-

A/N: DID YOU MISS THEMMMMMM

Kinda an anticlimactic first chapter huh hahaha. Will update the second one in around 2 to 3 days, depending on how quick I finish my assignments. Procrastination is real you know.

Until then, by my leave!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 181 28
DISCLAIMER: I do not own any characters or KNB itself Hella Timeskips😼
233K 6.5K 76
**Discontinued** Nakamura Yuyan is nervous about going to school again after being pulled from Teiko and spending her last few years being homeschool...
123K 3.6K 21
Everyone in Seirin wonders why Kuroko Tetsuya cannot refuse any of the Generation of Miracles - especially his former captain, Akashi Seijuro. He doe...
123K 3.2K 31
🙏This story isn't for Akafuri peeps. Sorry! 🙏 Kuroko had been in a coma for 10 years now. Now that he has woken up he notice the change while he ha...