MOON

By Charminmoonlight_

Book 1 of Moon and Sun trilogy "As long as the Moon shines, whatever the Moon resigns will be my domain." T... More

Past Haunts
Avatar?
The Great Escape
Southern Air Temple
King of Omashu
Imprisoned
The Spirit World / Who Are You (Winter Solstice pt 1)
Avatar Roku / I Am Tsukkio, Daughter of the Moon Spirit (Winter Solstice pt 2)
Not an update but I'm upset
Waterbending / Moon Scroll
Jet
Tsukkio Alone
I'm sorry for not updating
The Great Divide
The Past Can Heal & It Can Come Back
The Storm
Blue Spirit
The Fortuneteller
Bato of the Water Tribe
The Deserter
Tsukkio (Moon) and Zuko (Sun) Together Alone pt 1
D & J Baka Animations Podcast Announcement
Northern Air Temple pt 1
Northern Air Temple pt 2
Waterbending Master / Bloodbending
Siege of the North pt 1
Siege of the North pt 2
Siege of the North pt 3
🌊 Epilogue 🌊

Warriors of Kyoshi

1.6K 57 29
By Charminmoonlight_

Night: Zuko

Through my window, I see the night stars surrounding the early night sky. The sun just had "died," letting the moon illuminate the sky. That's the line my mother told me whenever she tells me the tale about the sun being in love with the moon so much that he died so the moon can have a chance to breathe. The sun was placed in an endless dance where the sun would chase the moon. I used to love that story as a kid, and my mother always told me I would one day find my moon. Now I don't want to see my moon, and I want to get my honor and throne back. Uncle, the ship crew, and I are back on the ship sailing in the coordinate directions of where the Avatar and that Waterbender is going. That Waterbender bending is on another level, I have never seen a waterbending technique like that in the Fire Nation reports of a waterbender. Now Zhao knows the existence of the Waterbender, but mainly the Avatar, Zhao will not stop until he gives them in their hands. I must try everything in my power to stop Zhao to reclaim my honor.

I lit four white candles watching the fire from my bending danced freely on the candlewick. I closed my eyes, putting to use Uncle's mediation offering. I felt relaxed as my face was calm, and I was concentrating on my breathing. Uncle, did the firebender use breathe support to help us bend. I took a vast breathe as I felt the flame's heat from the candles hit my chin and my nose. I blow out of my mouth as the fire heat dead down from my chin and my nose going back to its original flame amount. The door to my quarters opened as I didn't know who it was, assuming it was the crewmen at the door.

"The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the Avatar or that Waterbender," I said in a dangerously calm silky voice as I continued to do my mediation.

"Well, there is news, Prince Zuko,"  Uncle announced as I hear the sound of paper in his hands. "But you might not like it. Don't get too upset,"

I mentally rolled my eyes at Uncle antics. He should know me better than anyone that I don't get too upset when things don't go my way or how I planned it to be.

"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now whatever you have to say, I'm sure that I can take it," I replied calmly, pausing my mediation to hear Uncle's news.

"Okay, then ... we have no idea where they are," Uncle said almost in a smooth voice.

"WHAT??!!"

I yelled, enraged, bouncing off my place at my mediation table. I was on my feet as the flames of the candles expanded. The heat from the candles made my room hotter. Uncle covered his face from the heat and flames of the fire as he turned away. I didn't mind the heat because I was upset with the fact that we don't have an actual location of the Waterbender, but mainly the Avatar.

"You really should open a window in here," Uncle said, getting a fan out of his robe and fan himself.

"GIVE ME THE MAP!" I snapped while snatching the map out of Uncle's hands and looking at it for myself.

I opened the map seeing the x marks of the places the Avatar had supposedly spotted.

"He is a master of advance maneuvering," I grumbled.

Morning: Aang

The Water Tribe siblings and I were on Appa flying to our next destination. In the back, Sokka placed the map on the side of Appa's saddle. Katara was sewing Sokka's pants because he ripped it recently. Tsukkio was leaning against Appa's saddle, gazing heavenly at the blue water of the ocean under us. I noticed how focused Katara was sewing Sokka's pants, and I felt inspired to show Katara a trick!

"Momo marbles, please!" I told Momo, our new member of the little family I have with Sokka, Katara, Tsukkio, and Appa.

Momo dived within my clothing and pulled out the marbles placing them in my hands.

"Hey, Katara!" I called out to Katara, cupping my hands, preparing for my trick while smiling eagerly. "Check out this airbending trick!"

I lifted my upper cupped hand using my airbending to lift the marbles within the space of my hands. The marbles were whirling in mid-air to the point you couldn't see the marbles expect the dark gray color. I grinned happily at Katara, but she wasn't paying attention to me as her focus was on sewing Sokka's pants.

"That's great, Aang," Katara said absentmindedly, still patching up Sokka's pants.

"You didn't even look," I replied, crushed that Katara wasn't looking at my trick, placing the marbles back in my hand.

Katara stopped sewing once the needle made it through the open, but the tiny hole through Sokka's pants. Katara's blue eyes glance down at me as she didn't have a smile on her face, just a blank stare.

"That's great!" Katara proclaimed blankly.

"Nut I'm not doing it now," I replied, holding my head down.

"Aang, I enjoyed your trick!" Tsukkio proclaimed with a little joy peeking through her voice.

"Thanks,"

It silent again, but something swiftly caught my attention. It was Sokka saving his arm dismissively like he was shooing a bug away from him. Sokka had a smirk on his face as he's eyes were closed like he was living the life.

"Stop bugging her, airhead. You need to give girls space when they do their sewing!" Sokka informed me with his head resting on his now folded arms.

"Excuse me?" Tsukkio questioned while hinting for Sokka to say the next part of his sentence.

I looked over at Katara, who had this full eye look on her face like she was surprised by Sokka's statement. Katara stopped in mid-sewing.

"What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?" Katara asked, frowning her face as she glared at Sokka.

"Simple: girls are better at fixing pants than guys, and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that. It's just the natural order of things!" Sokka smirked.

"But I'm a girl, and I hunt better than you as well fight better than you," Tsukkio proclaimed with a smirk.

"Well, you're a boy trapped in a girl's body!" Sokka declared with a stern look.

"All done with your pants! And look at what a great job I did!" Katara exaggerates happily, throwing Sokka's pants in his face.

"WAIT! I was just kidding! I can't wear THESE!" Sokka panicked, sticking his whole arm through a big hole in his pants. "Katara, PLEASE!!!"

I got back to the reins of Appa. A smile brimmed on my face as I found a new way to get Katara's attention.

"Don't worry, Sokka. Where we're going, you won't need any pants!" I smiled.

"Where we're going, Sokka is going to need help once I'm done rearranging his face!" Tsukkio declared with a growl.

Kyoshi's Island

I had Appa land on this crescent-shaped island. I quickly hopped off the reigns with my feet landing on the soft sands of the beach. Although the beach giving off the warm fun in the sun day, in the background of the beach was some snow-capped mountains. The Water Tribe siblings got off the saddle of Appa with a confused look on their face.

"We just made a pit stop yesterday," Sokka declared. "Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?"

"He's right. At this rate, we won't get to the North Pole until spring," Katara agreed.

"You have to learn waterbending as soon as possible before you start feeling the pressure of learning the other elements," Tsukkio explained. At the same time, I walked over to Appa sharing my eyes from the sun so I can see the clear water.

"But Appa's tired already, aren't you, boy?" I asked Appa when he didn't do anything. "I said, aren't you, boy?"

I nudged Appa hoping he gets what I'm trying to do. Appa yawned on cue, which caused me to smile even though it was a fake yawn, but I knew that the Water Tribe siblings wouldn't question something going on with Appa.

"Yeah, that was convincing!" Sokka said sarcastically. "Still, hard to argue with a ten-ton magical monster,"

"Appa is not a monster!" Tsukkio shouted.

It's time to look for some Elephant Koi Fish to ride on!

Zhao

Before I set off on my journey to look for the Avatar, something in my body told me to look up anything that has to do with this unique Waterbender, Zuko's men tole my men. A waterbender whose eyes glow white before they could bend?! This Waterbender who has this ability is the most outrageous thing to hear! I took Zuko's men's words with a grain of salt, but I will search into this claim they made. I'm in the bed chambers of my ship surrounded by various scrolls. All these scrolls had something in common; they all at least take about the Fire Nation's account of interacting and taking down any Waterbenders. I've been reading these scrolls all night and not found anything.

I threw the scroll that I was reading to the side. I leaned my head on the desk full of closed and unraveled scriptures. I closed my eyes to rest them from seeing all those meaningless black inked symbols that I have seen for the past couple of hours. Is there not one account of this Waterbender ability or how to take them down? Opening on my eyes, I noticed a closed scroll as the majority of the closed scripture was under tossed and open scrolls. The one end that was popping up had a carved orange sun insignia holding the paper. What is a Sun Warrior scroll doing here? I picked up the manuscript out of curiosity and began to unravel the content it has inside. My eyes widen when I read the material like a prophecy as I found the answer and the proof of this existing Waterbender.

She is born under the protection of the Moon, the Daughter of the Moon Spirit. Her eyes glow white at birth but change blue when she settles. She is a gift to a happy couple and nation of her people like the Avatar is to the world. When she is young, she is a non-bender, but she will have several encounters with the Moon to draw her close. When the time is right, she will learn waterbending from the Moon itself, just like the ancient days when her people learned the art. She is designed to be a guide to her people like a leader or a Moon Priestess directing anyone in her domain to the right path they seek. The gentle voice of the Moon beware of her white eyes, her eyes can control countless of water as she can create storms with them and can even pick up a whole body of water to wipe out anyone she desires. Designed to help the Avatar on their journey, but if the Avatar is defeated or can not maintain its nations of people, then the Daughter of the Moon Spirit will take over the job temporarily to give the Avatar time. Like the Avatar, she will have a cycle where she begins and ends under the Moon coming back home to her mother when the Moon calls but leave when she is needed the most.

I quickly roll the scroll back to its original form. I rechecked the badge to see if this wasn't a Fire Nation scroll, but it was a Sun Warrior prophecy scroll. I walked out of my chambers with the Sun Warrior scroll in hand. I had a smirk on my face knowing I will capture the Avatar and this Daughter of the Moon Spirit before that Banished Prince could ever find what is left of this honor he preached about so much!

"Soldier," I smirked.

"Yes, Commander Zhao!" The soldier replied, standing up straight.

"I want you to find someone to clean up the mess in my chambers as well as find me some more Sun Warrior scrolls similar to this one in the Fire Nation library,"

"Yes sir, Commander Zhao, sir!"

Early night sky: Tsukkio

I hold the scroll from yesterday close to my chest. I looked checking no one was following me as I was heading towards the beach. I know it's a bad idea to go to the beach after the Unagi attacked Aang. The Moon is calling for me to go to the water. So I ran to the beach as my shoes made prints in the sand. I slipped out of my clothes and folding it to the side. I grabbed the scroll and faced clear, calming water. I planted my foot on the surface, and the water was holding my body weight and ripples expanding under my feet. I took another step, and again the water supported my weight.

"It's fine, Tsukkio, the water will support your weight," a familiar voice called out to me, but there was nobody on the water nor behind me.

"Monk Gyatso?" I asked, walking faster on the water.

A mist fog suddenly appeared above the water. Then the mist formed a ghostly pair of feet, and then the mist swirled a ghostly body of a face I saw yesterday. The ghostly figure was Monk Gyasto as he had an eye smile, and the upper end of his mustache was pulled up. I ran up to Monk Gyasto, but stopped and smiled at Monk Gyasto.

"Yes, you came because the Moon called you?" Monk Gyasto asked me with a smile, looking up at the Moon.

"Yes, the Moon does!" I replied with a smile.

"Join me as I'm here to teach you so you can understand yourself some more!

Monk Gyasto sat on top of the water with his legs crossed. I followed Monk Gyasto and crossed my legs under the light of the moon.

"When you're ready to open the scroll in hand so we may begin!" Monk Gyasto smiled.

I opened the scroll, and landing in my lap is a necklace. The necklace was in a knitted wire, and the charm was blue. The blue charm had the gray paint of the symbol of a curled wave water crashing into the peaceful wave (A/n: picture of the necklace is done below). For some reason, I felt a strong connection when I looked down at the blue charm.

"Do you feel the connection of the Moon through the necklace?" Monk Gyasto asked me with a smile.

"Is that the connection I felt from the charm?" I asked Monk Gyasto, placing the necklace around my neck.

"Yes, the necklace was dipped in the heavenly waters of the Moon! This necklace could help you feel the connection of the Moon during the reign of the Sun!"

"Is it because the Moon is not out, and so I can't communicate with the Moon?"

"That is correct, Tsukkio!"

Monk Gyasto hummed in delight as he looked up at the Moon. Then he turned to gaze at me; Monk Gyasto had given me his famous eye smile.

"You were born under the Moon, and you will die under the Moon Tsukkio! You were created to give Avatar Aang time to learn the elements he needs, and he needs a proper waterbending teacher to teach him the fundamentals he needs to waterbend," Monk Gyasto explained. You were born as a non-bender for the Moon to teach you the way of your ancient waterbending people learned from the Moon by watching the Moon move the tide of the water back and forth!"

"Let me guess I still have much to learn?" I asked Monk Gyasto with a smirk.

"You do young Tsukkio, but I can see the improvement of your bending and eventually you'll be able to lift a whole ocean without using your arms to bend the water or having several strong waterbenders by your side!"

Monk Gyasto ghostly body got up from the water as he was standing above the water. I was going to stand up, but Monk Gyasto stopped me, still having his eye smile.

"Stay there, pleased!" Monk Gyasto smiled.

"What do you have planned?" I asked with a wondering voice.

"Oh, nothing at all!"

Monk Gyasto put his index finger and thumb in his mouth. Monk Gyasto whistled a loud whistle. I felt the vibration of the sea hitting me. I glance down at the water because I thought something fast swimming more like propelling through the water towards me. All I saw was dark navy blue scales gleamed under the light of the Moon. The scaled body creature turned as it snout and face turned to look down at me. The creature snout pushed me under the surface of the water. The water was glowing thanks to the moon and see it was an underwater serpent dragon (a/n: picture of the position Tsukkio and the serpent dragon are in is down below). The serpent dragon nudged it's snout at me and dived under my feet

The serpent dragon nudged its head against my head. The serpent dragon circled me studying all my features then it went down under to my feet. The serpent dragon hit his snout on my feet, shooting me out of the water. I took deep breaths as I tried to get my breathing back to normal. My whole body was drenched in water, with my hair stuck all over my face and upper back. Monk Gyasto was laughing as he twirled his wrist, creating a gently whirlwind to dry me. The hair on my face and back was blown back as the wind blasted my face. Monk Gyasto stopped his whirlwind, but my hair didn't land back on my back and around my face because it was stuck in the blown back style.

"Now that you're dry, it's time for you to continue your training!" Monk Gyasto beamed as his ghostly figure has disappeared.

Morning: Sokka

I woke up this morning, highly ticked by the fact I was taken down by a bunch of girls. I slumped in the corner while Aang, Tsukkio, Katara, and Momo eat the dessert breakfast treat. Ever since Aang announced that he was the Avatar, the people on the Kyoshi island has been our best friends. Outside, the villagers were adding a fresh coat of paint on the Kyoshi's statue that they tied Katara, Aang, Tsukkio, and I. I can hear Appa outside munching on some hay as a few of the villagers were polishing Appa's horns and scrubbing his fur. Appa was happy to get the attention he got from the villagers. Am I the only one upset that we got our butts handled too yesterday?

"Sokka, what's your problem? EAT!" Aang encouraged me to munch on his dessert breakfast.

"Not hungry," I grumbled in the corner.

"But, you're always hungry!" Aang declared, which is true, as I'm hungry right now, but I won't eat from the girls who ambush me.

"Aang, don't worry about Sokka; he's a big old baby!" Tsukkio swallowed, picking another dessert breakfast.

"Tsukkio's right! He's just upset because a bunch of girls kicked his butt yesterday!" Katara joked as Tsukkio found it funny.

"They snuck up on me!" I declared.

"Whatever it still counts that the girls who are supposed to be good at sewing kicked your butt and tied you to a pole!" Tsukkio laughed.

"SNEAK ATTACKS DON'T COUNT!" I yelled, getting up angrily. "Tie me up with ropes?! I'll show them, girls, a thing or two! I'm not scared of any girls!"

I paced back and forth near the breakfast table while Tsukkio watched me in amusement. I see Momo hiding under the table as he tried to find him some food using his hands to move around the plates until he found some food. The future couple Aang and Katara, were slowly eating their food as they watched me rant. I went to the breakfast table as my stomach silently rumbled while I ferociously grabbed a couple of the dessert breakfast.

"Who do they think they are anyway?" I asked myself, stocking up on the dessert while taking a bite out of one of them in my arms. "Mmm ... this is tasty!"

I walked out of the boarded house the villagers gave to us to sleep for the night. I munched poutingly on the breakfast as I pass by some busy villagers getting their day started. Then I felt this relaxing presence next to me, and I glance to the side to see Tsukkio. Without asking me, Tsukkio grabbed one of my breakfasts that were in my arm and popped it into her mouth.

"HEY!!!" I hollered. "You already had your breakfast!!"

"So?" Tsukkio rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have some stupid mediation or talk to the Moon you can do?"

"Nope, I took time off to see you get your butt kicked by girls some more!"

"Thanks for the supporting sister!"

"You're welcome!"

I popped another dessert in my mouth, but I took a glance to the side and see Tsukkio. I realized that this is the first time for us to walk side by side for a long time. The last time we walked side by side when it was time for Dad to leave the village to fight the Fire Nation at the Earth Kingdom. This was the time for Tsukkio, and I was starting to drifting apart from each other. I noticed that for some reason, Tsukkio has shrunk in height as she was now the height she was when she is six years old. I watched Tsukkio's kiddie self stroll ahead of me, getting lost to her surroundings of Kyoshi Island. Then I saw that she turned around to look at me as she rolled her eyes with her tiny head tilting to the side. I shook my head and see Tsukkio back to her average height as she was still in her same spot on the ground.

"What are you looking at, and why are you just standing there lost in your head?" Tsukkio asked me as she was annoyed that I was just standing where I'm at.

"I-I-I was going to ask where the Kyoshi Warriors hold their practices," I tried my best to find an excuse. "I think this man is good to ask,"

"Yeah, I bet," Tsukkio rolled her eyes again, walking towards me.

I jogged over to the older man as he just placed some plank wood down on his uneven grassy ground. The older man had a toolbox next to wood planks like he was going to do some type of repair to his house. The older man smiled at me while Tsukkio was now standing next to me.

"Excuse me, sir, can you tell me the direction to find the Kyoshi Warrior training building?" I asked a random man who was outside trying to fix something on his house.

"Are you guys with the Avatar?" The older man asked with a smile on his wrinkled old face taking in the clothing Tsukkio, and I was wearing.

"Yes, we are, sir," Tsukkio replied, nodding her head.

"Luckily for you two, you guys are on the right path!" The older man smiled. "Just go up this dirt path, and their practice building is on the right!"

"Thank you have a good day!" I thanked the older man.

Suki

I was leading the practice with other Kyoshi Warriors. We were practicing our fan drills until I heard some muttering ending with a grunting ouch. From the side, I see the two figures coming inside the Warrior house. I got out of my drill form, and so did the other warriors to see who interrupted our training—getting a clear view of two figures to see its Sokka and his little sister Tsukkio with him. Sokka cleared his throat as he has a cocked smile on his face.

"Sorry, ladies! Didn't mean to interrupt your dance lesson!" Sokka said proudly as he began to stretch his arms and waist. "I was just looking for somewhere to get a little workout?"

"You found the right place," I ignored Sokka's childish behavior and smiled at Tsukkio. "What did you come here for Tsukkio?"

"I came to see you or your other warriors kick some sense into Sokka!" Tsukkio smiled, leaning against the wall of the dojo.

Sokka continued to stream has as Sokka was now bending over to touch his knees. Sokka still has that arrogant smirk on his face as he pulled himself up and bending back.

"Sorry about yesterday, I didn't know that you guys were friends with the Avatar," I apologize, putting Sokka's childish behavior behind me.

"It's all right!" Sokka beamed smugly, being rude while rotating his shoulders. "I mean, normally, I'd hold a grudge, but seeing as you guys are a bunch of girls, I'll make an exception!"

"Please teach him a lesson!" Tsukkio mumbled as her smile grew bigger.

"I should hope so! A big strong man like you, we wouldn't stand a chance!" I faked pouted.

"True! But don't feel bad, after all, I'm the best warrior in my village!" Sokka bragged.

"That's a lie!" Tsukkio exclaimed.

"Don't believe her, she doesn't know what she is talking about!"

Sokka was cracking his knuckles while Tsukkio was smirking darkly like she is going to know what happens.

"Wow! Best warrior, huh? In your whole village?!" I faked my amusement looking at my warrior friends as they were chuckling. "Maybe you'd be kind enough to give us a little demonstration!"

"Please do that for us, Sokka!" Tsukkio laughed.

"Oh... well... I mean... I..." Sokka was flustered.

"Come on, girls! Wouldn't you like him to show us some moves?"

I asked my warriors as they formed a circle, with each small forming groups. They were laughing and giggling, but a few were nodding their heads.

"Well, if that's what you want, I'd be happy to. All right, you stand over there," Sokka was moving, well trying to push me, but he didn't even notice that I didn't move at all. "This may be a little tough, but try to block me,"

Sokka went in to throw a punch at me, but I stuck in my stance and used my fan to deflect the blow. My fan hit one of Sokka's shoulder pressure points as his arm was loosely hanging. Sokka looked down at his shoulder while rubbing his shoulder as he had a defeated look on his face.

"Heh, heh... good. Of course, I was going easy on you," Sokka declared, rubbing his shoulder.

"Of course!" I giggled, glancing back at my warriors as they laughed.

"I think you need to calm down before you embarrass yourself, Sokka!" Tsukkio chuckled.

"Let's see if you can handle this!" Sokka ignored his little sister.

Sokka lunged towards me, and I noticed his leg having a weak point in his stance. I grabbed Sokka's leg and pushed him back towards the door while he landed on his butt. The warriors, Tsukkio, and I were in a chorus of laughter.

"THAT'S IT!!" Sokka yelled as he quickly got up from his butt and dash over to me.

Sokka's arm was flying loosely while he was running. I grabbed his arm and spun him around. I took the white belt that was wrapped around his midsection. I used the same arm I had to Sokka's arm in, and I grabbed Sokka leg and using the belt to tie his leg and his arm together. Sokka was hopping on the leg, trying to regain his balance, but I stopped that when I had pushed him. Sokka's face was red, and his blue eyes looked huge, like he was going to cry. Tsukkio laughed while coming up to Sokka, untying the tie I had around his arm and leg. Tsukkio picked Sokka up and carry him outside the dojo, still embarrassed.

Market: Katara

I was back at the cabin, and I was highly upset with Aang because he didn't want to help me with the supplies trying to entertain the Kyoshi Island young villagers, girls. This morning Aang had the nerve to call himself a "simple monk," but he's been seeking the attention of the girls all day today by doing these crazy stunts. Then Aang had the nerve to ask me do I want to ride on Appa with those villagers girls when he knows we have to leave the island so we can get him to the North Pole. I can't believe he said that these supplies for all of us are just for me, and he didn't even help carry them. Luckily Tsukkio was walking back to the cabin at the same time as me, so she genuinely helped me take the basket of supplies. Tsukkio offered to place the supplies on Appa as she can tell that something was wrong with me and didn't want to get on my wrong side. I silently thanked her while walking inside the room where Tsukkio and I slept in last night; I had a clay bowl filled with water. Waterbending is the best way to get my frustration of Aang out of my mind. I watched as the water rose and fell under my control, then I heard footsteps that stopped by the doorway.

"Katara, remember how the Unagi almost got me yesterday?" Aang proclaimed almost in a cocky nature of Sokka, but a bit more cleverly than Sokka.

"Yeah," I simply replied, not giving him any attention as I waterbend the water that was in the clay bowl.

Aang would not be that stupid to ride that thing after what happened yesterday.

"Well, I'm gonna go ride it now. It's gonna be REAL dangerous!"

Aang would do that just to impress the villagers' girls. But I must show that I don't care.

"Good for you," I replied, still not paying attention to Aang.

"You're not going to stop me?" Aang questioned, surprised that I'm not going to sweet-talk him into not doing it.

"Nope. Have fun,"

"I will,"

"Great!"

"I know it's great,"

"I'm glad you know,"

"I'm glad you're glad,"

"GOOD!"

"FINE!!"

I continued to play in the water as I was getting frustrated all over again. The water collapses back into the clay bowl as I pouted, crossing my arms. I looked at the door hoping for Aang to be there, but he wasn't. Another pair of footsteps walked through the cabin and came inside the room with me. I glance up to see it was Tsukkio; her eyes were full like she was wondering what happened until she gazes down at me. Tsukkio must have just finished packing up the supplies on Appa.

"It seems like the girlfriend and the boyfriend of our new family having a lover's quarrel!" Tsukkio joyed.

"He's not my boyfriend, and we do not have a lover's quarrel," I barked.

"Then what do you call it?"

"... I call it friends having a little spat,"

"Yea, right!"

Tsukkio walked to the window viewing the late afternoon sky. The scenery of this island is beautiful, and I would love to stay here if we didn't have a mission to attend too. I can hear the people of the village still busy like this morning, but it wasn't a lot of activities going on since nightfall was going to come soon.

"Why do boys have to be so stupid?" I asked my younger sister, who was now smirking at me.

"Because boys are naturally stupid and they do things for attention or to prove something," Tsukkio replied with a smirk, but she was still looking outside.

"Speaking of proving something? Where is Sokka?"

Tsukkio laughed, turning her head form the window. She was hunched over like what she was laughing about what the funniest thing she has seen. Funny thing is I've never seen Tsukkio laughed like that since she was a little girl. I smiled a tiny smile as I missed this side of Tsukkio.

"Sokka got his butt whooped yet again by the Kyoshi Warrior, Suki!" Tsukkio laughed while I joined her. "Last time I saw him, he was sulking on the side of the dojo house, licking his wounds!"

I laughed harder, but I noticed Tsukkio stopped laughing. I slowly stopped laughing and gaze at my little sister. Her blue eyes were glossy at the sun twinkled it's rays to her eyes. Tsukkio had a warm glow to her skin that I had never noticed before, like she was relaxing, and this is the first time I've seen her relax without Gran-Gran or Koda with her. She got up from the window with the same glow to the skin.

"Go see Aang," Tsukkio simply say out the blue. "Aang needs you,"

"W-what?" I exclaimed shock.

"Go save Aang before he becomes the Unagi's dinner plan!"

Tsukkio walked out the door, leaving me alone in the cabin. I quickly grabbed my coat and slipping it on my arms. I ran out of the cabin in the direction of the beach. I heard the villager girl named Koko talking to Aang while Aang was yelling, I'm assuming Aang is in the water waiting for the Unagi. I walked on to the sandy beach and noticing the village girls that was with Aang for the whole day walked off.

"KATARA!" Aang waved excitedly in the cold water. "You came!"

"I wanted to make sure you were safe!" I smiled at Aang as he was paddling himself, trying to keep afloat. "You really had me worried!"

"Back there you acted like you didn't care,"

"I'm sorry,"

I gave Aang an apologetic smile as Aang smiled back at me. I truly feel I got the Aang I knew again.

"Me too. I did let all that attention go to my head. I was a jerk," Aang proclaimed.

"Well, get out of the water before you catch a cold, you big jerk!" I smiled while giggling.

"On my way!"

Aang began to swim to the sandy beach, but following behind him was the Unagi. The Unagi rises out of the water with Aang handing on to the Unagi by its tail. The Unagi was shooting its water streams at Aang, but it is missed due to the Unagi's tail thrashing Aang around. Aang, despite the thrashing, has moved up the Unagi's body. The unagi raises its head and spews a powerful jet of water directly at Aang. He leaps up and grabs hold of one of the unagi's whiskers. The unagi shakes its head back and forth in an attempt to dislodge Aang. Then I saw Aang almost getting close to the Unagi's sharp teeth as Aang screamed.

"AANG HANG ON!!" I yelled.

It was too late; the Unagi thrashed it's head around trying to get Aang off its whisker. Aang was thrown across the water, and once he landed close to me, I saw that Aang was unconscious. The Unagi was looking at me while I was staring back at its predator's eyes. We both raced to Aang, and fortunately, I was fast enough to pull Aang out of the water. The Unagi was still coming towards Aang and me, so I pushed the water forcefully at the Unagi while propelling Aang and me inside a cave. The Unagi was spraying its jets of water towards the cave for a while until I didn't hear the pressurize water hitting the stone cave shell. I placed Aang gently down on his back while I looked outside to see if the coast is clear, but it wasn't clear because I saw the Fire Nation ship pulling into port on Kyoshi's Island. On the deck of the Fire Nation ship on the back of a rhinoceros was Zuko.

A/n: sorry because I'm a lazy writer at the moment I'm going to skip to the end of the episode sorry again

Aang landed back on the saddle of Aang while he just finished spraying the village with water, thanks to the Unagi. Aang had successfully ridden the Unagi! Sokka, Tsukkio, and I were relieved to see Aang was okay, but he had a frown on his face like he knew was getting in trouble.

"I know, I know. That was stupid and dangerous," Aang said, expecting a lecture from me with his head down.

"Yes, it was," I replied with a little smile.

I hugged Aang, and Aang hugged me back. I could feel Aang's lips curled up to a smile in our hug.

"Nice dress Sokka!" Tsukkio teased.

"Shut up, Tsukkio!" Sokka said darkly. "It's a warrior's uniform!"

"It seems like you're a girl trapped in a boy's body!" Tsukkio teased again.

"I said shut up, Tsukkio!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 934 21
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...
74.4K 2.1K 18
With Yue's death fresh on the minds of the GAang, they struggle to come to terms with the hand they've been dealt, and the ways that they have to han...
122K 4.1K 17
[Zuko x Oc] Aang has finally mastered waterbending but now it's time to learn earthbending. Finding a master for Aang requires everyone to work toget...
29.3K 877 25
Book 4 Blood. The war is over but not all of their enemies are defeated. What happens when Kida's past comes back to haunt her? How will Kida and Zuk...