Game Changer

By MomoTeuwaiseu

Yujin decided to be a third-wheel on her brother's date in order to escape doing some household chores. Littl... More

Unexpected Day
First Day
Unexpected Meeting
An Awkward Day
Imperfect Girl
Truth
Perfect Day
Good Girl Gone Bad
What's Happening?
Outing
What Went Wrong?
Trust
One Week
She Knows Everything
Sweet Talker
White Lies
No Way
The Favor
Consent Pt. 1
Consent Pt. 2
Consent Pt. 3
Consent Pt. 4
DRUG XXX
The Cure
Deal
Lost in Japan
Wrong Move
Unsaid Memories

Sacrifice

377 13 36
By MomoTeuwaiseu

Yujin hid behind a tree as she observe her brother smiling dearly at the girl. She can't clearly see the girl's face, but she's sure it's not Minjoo. Her heart hurts because she can't believe that her brother will hurt other people's feelings. Maybe Yujin do not really know Matthew. She's disappointed and angry. She can't believe that Matthew is going to hurt Minjoo in the future. She feels like she can't trust his brother now.

As Matthew went inside, Yujin waited 5 minutes before entering their house.

"Welcome home, Yujinie!" Matthew greeted the girl with a smile

Yujin did not greeted the other boy back. She went straight to her room with her box of chocolate. She lay down and she got a message from her friend.

"Thank you for today, Yujiniie. I hope we can do this again :)."

Reading the message made her heart pound. It's funny because she knew that she's falling harder for the other girl.

"Thank you too, Minguri. You made me very happy :)." Yujin replied.

"I must protect this girl" Yujin thought.

Meanwhile at Minjoo and Eunbi's residence,

After hearing the girl confessed, Eunbi was so happy to hear it. Finally, after so long, Minjoo learned to love again. But she can't help to be worried that Minjoo might be hurt again. After her ex cheated on her, Minjoo's life became so different.

"Minjoo-yah. I am happy for you!"

"But unnie, I don't know if she likes me back."

Eunbi thought that there might be a chance of Minjoo getting hurt if she knew Yujin does not like her too.

"Just take things slow, my dear. There is no need to rush things up."

"Okay, unnie."

At Ahn's household

It was weird for Matthew to see his sister treating him coldy. He feels like Yujin is a totally different person. He was surprised when the girl started speaking,

"Are you going to meet Minjoo today?"

"Yep." Matthew answered

"I'll come with you."

"But why?"

"To protect her from you" Yujin answered but the guy did not heard it clearly.

"To what?"

"Nothing, I just need to buy some materials for school. And you know, Minjoo and I are close friends so I want to see her too." Yujin answered.

Matthew knew Yujin is acting weird but he don't have any idea why she is acting this way. Also, it was surprising to hear that Minjoo and Yujin are now close friends. He can feel his conscience guilt-tripping him. But what can he do? Nothing.

Mathew texted Minjoo to let her know that Yujin will be coming with them.

"Minjoo, sorry for the late notice but Yujin is coming with us :). She told me you're close friends so I hope you don't mind."

"Yaaaaay! I don't mind!"

A lot of weird things are happening lately, because this is the first time Minjoo replied quickly to Matthew.

Yujin was preparing herself and she started thinking why would her brother pursue Minjoo if he's in love with someone else? The girl knew that Matthew is not the type of boy that plays at girls' heart. She's not sure about everything. The only thing she's sure about is she can't trust her brother.

Yujin read a text from Minjoo

"Yujiniie! I heard you're coming with us! Can't wait to see you :)."

Yujin is ready to protect this girl from her brother. She replied

"Can't wait to see you too! :)"

After replying to Minjoo, she saw a familiar calling card on her table. She suddenly remembered the question Sakura asked her that day,

"What if he is not really the person you know?"

"Sakura-unnie knew something." Yujin thought.

She quickly grabbed the calling card and dialed the number. When the other line answered, Yujin said:

"Hello, Kkura-unnie. This is Yujin. I think we need to talk."

"Hi, Yujin-shi. You have no idea how long I waited for your call."

"Let's meet tomorrow? At the café near at school."

"Okay Yujin. See you."

The call ended and Yujin sighed because she have no idea who to trust.

Outside the museum

Matthew and Yujin waited for Minjoo to arrive. It was an awkward atmosphere because they are not talking to each other. After a few minutes, Minjoo arrived happily and Matthew observed that his sister's expression lighten up.

"Hello, Yujiniie!!" Minjoo shouted as she run towards the other girl and Yujin was surprised when Minjoo hugged her

"I miss you."

Yujin's heart was so happy to hear those words from the other girl. She replied,

"I miss you too."

During the whole museum trip, Matthew felt like he is becoming the third-wheel of their date. He can feel Yujin distancing Minjoo away from him. He observed the other girl and saw that Minjoo is so happy with Yujin. He thinks that Minjoo already forgot that she is with him. And he realized that of all the dates that Minjoo and him made, this date is the only day when he saw Minjoo the happiest.

"Thank you for today to the both of you." Minjoo happily stated.

"You're always welcome, Minjoo." Matthew stated.

Both went on their separate ways. The Ahn's siblings are on their way home. Matthew can't handle the way Yujin is treating him.

"Jinjin, do you have any problems? I feel like you're so distant nowadays."

"Nothing. I'm just exhausted about everything." the younger replied

"If you have any problems, you can always talk to me. You can trust me okay?"

Yujin did not replied.

"Trust, huh?" Yujin thought.

The next day...

Yujin is waiting for someone in the café. After a few minutes, a familiar car parked and she saw a familiar girl walking towards the café.

"Hello, Yujin-shi." Sakura smilingly greeted

"Hello, Kkura unnie."

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I think you're right. I don't really know my brother."

"Why do you say so?" the older asked.

"I saw my brother kissing someone else. She's not Minjoo."

Sakura felt so uneasy. She stopped mixing her drink and she smiled at the younger girl.

"Yaaah. I didn't know Matthew will be a playboy. Hahaha."

"What I don't really understand is, why would oppa pursue another girl that he does not love?"

"Hmmm. I better talk to Matthew about it. Don't worry that much Yujin-shi."

"It's just that Minjoo is one of my best friends now. I can't see her getting played by my brother."

Yujin can't help but cry in front of Sakura. She can't take the frustration that she is holding up.

"Yujin-shi, I'll talk to your brother and fix him up. Okay?"

"Okay, Kkura-unnie. Thank you for listening."

Sakura sent Yujin home. The girl grabbed the opportunity to talk to Matthew.

"Yujin-shi, I'll be waiting here."

"I'll call him for you, unnie."

As Yujin entered the house, she saw Matthew eating.

"Oppa, Sakura-unnie is waiting for you outside." Yujin coldly stated.

"What for?"

"Go out and talk to her."

Matthew knew there is something off. Did Sakura told Yujin? Does Yujin knows the truth?

He went out and saw Sakura waiting for him.

"Annyeong, Matthew."

"What did you do this time? Are you the reason why Yujin is treating me coldly? DID YOU TELL HER THE TRUTH?" Matthew shouted at the other girl.

"Yah. Are you crazy? We both agreed not to tell anyone about the deal. She saw you kissing your girlfriend, you pabo!" Sakura started to laugh.

"How can you be so careless? Now your sister sees you as a trash."

Matthew can't believe that his sister saw him.

"Matthew, you can't tell Yujin the truth. If you do, she'll be dragged into this mess. Just think of any reason that could make your sister feel better." Sakura chuckled.

Matthew remained silent.

"Okaaaay. If you'll continue to be like this, then I'll go now. Bye." Sakura bowed and went inside of her car.

Matthew stood there for 30 minutes because he can't believe that the problem is getting bigger and bigger.

As he entered the house, he saw Yujin staring at him. He can saw the curiosity on his sister's face.

He remembered that he should not tell Yujin the truth. But he don't have the conscience to lie again.

"I know you saw me kissing another girl." Matthew started speaking.

"You should have talked to me first before telling Sakura."

"Wow. How am I supposed to know? I still don't know if I could trust you! Now, tell me what is the truth?" Yujin replied

Matthew sighed and told the girl

"Sakura is Minjoo's ex-girlfriend. Sakura saw me tutoring Minjoo and she thought that I am interested with her. She started threatening me that if I don't agree with her plans, she would hurt Hitomi, you and mom."

"Hitomi is?" the younger asked.

"Hitomi is my girlfriend. I could not tell mom because Hitomi is the daughter of her archenemy. Sakura knew about this and told me that she would tell mom everything."

"This is getting so crazy." the younger replied

"Sakura also researched about mom. She knew about the failed experiment that mom did 8 years ago. The whole korea does not know about it but Sakura knew. She also used it to threaten me. She told me that she will release it and will make sure that mom's credibility as a researcher will be damaged."

Yujin saw Matthew's tears falling non-stop. She can feel how hard it is for Matthew to carry this heavy burden.

"What deal did you agreed on?" Yujin asked.

"Sakura told me to continue pursuing Minjoo. If Minjoo became mine, I would hurt her. In this way, Sakura can enter the story and she will use Minjoo's vulnerability to win her back."

"Did she ever think it will work?" Yujin confusedly asked.

"I know. I told her that why can't she just pursue Minjoo in a way normal people do it, but she told me not to question her plans and just follow her."

"I just don't know how to escape this situation, Yujin-shi. She even told me not to tell you the truth because you might be dragged to this sick game of hers. I decided to tell you because I don't want to break the trust you have on me."

"Now, I need Minjoo to be my girlfriend then I would just ignore her so that Sakura can win her back. I don't want to do this. But it feels like I don't have any options. That is why please help me finish this game." Matthew knelt and begged at Yujin

"Please help me pursue Minjoo."

Yujin can't absorbed everything. She went to her room and cried. She did not expect that everything will be as messy like this. She is in love with Minjoo and she loves her family too. She fell asleep while thinking on ways how to save both of her love ones.

The next day...

It was the first time Minjoo asked Matthew to meet her.

"Annyeong, Matthew. Can we meet today?"

"Okay, Minjoo. See u :)"

As Matthew is on his way out, Yujin asked her brother about his whereabouts.

"I am going to meet Minjoo. Is that okay?"

"Of course, Oppa." the younger answered.

The guy arrived early at a pastry shop. He is anxious about this meeting. After a while, he saw Minjoo walking towards their table and took a seat.

"What do you want to talk about, Minjoo-shi?"

"Uhmmm. First, I would like to apologize."

With that statement, Matthew knew where this is coming.

"You're a nice man. But I don't think our relationship will level up as lovers. I see you as a friend. And you deserve someone who will see you more than that."

"Is there someone who already owns your heart?" Matthew asked.

"Yes. I have not told you this but I am not actually interested with guys." Minjoo chuckled.

"I entertained you because I thought it could work. I did not expect that I would be in love with a girl. Actually, I am planning to confess my feelings tomorrow."

"I understand, Minjoo. I hope we can still be friends." Matthew replied.

"Of course, we will! Thank you Matthew. You're a good good friend!" Minjoo smiled.

Matthew went home from meeting Minjoo. He's hurt and scared. Not because Minjoo dumped him but because he knew Sakura will destroy him and the people he loves. Minjoo is now in love with someone else and Sakura have no chance to get Minjoo back.

"Oppa! How did it go?" Yujin asked

"Yujin-ah, we're screwed. Minjoo is now in love with someone else. And she told me that she's interested with girls. I know it's you she's talking about."

Yujin did not know what to feel.

"Don't act so surprised. I know you like her too!" Matthew laughed.

"I won't tell mom! I promise."

Yujin knew she can trust his only brother. However, Minjoo rejecting Matthew is a bad sign.

"She also told me that she'll confess to you tomorrow."

It was silent.

The pressure is on Yujin. It's either she'll save her family or she'll save her heart. She love Minjoo so much. She can't hurt her.

"I don't want to hurt her, Oppa. I don't know what to do." Yujin cried.

"Choose the thing that will be better for everyone. She'll understand someday."

Yujin went to her room and she saw a message from Minjoo.

"Yujinieeee! Can we please meet? I have something important to tell you. Tomorrow, 7 pm at the park."

Yujin tears started to fall. She can't decide.

Hours have passed and she believe that she is already decided.

"Okaaay Minguri! Can't wait to hear that hahaha. I have something to tell you too!See u :)."

The day has come and

Minjoo waited Yujin at the park near her house. She's nervous and excited at the same time to tell Yujin how she feels for her. She already prepared her script and she only hopes that everything will be perfect. Minjoo feels that there's a chance that Yujin likes her back.

She saw Yujin and she waved at the girl.

Yujin ran towards the other girl.

"Sorry for waiting." Yujin faintly smiled.

Minjoo felt that Yujin is so gloomy and sad.

"Is there any problem? You looked sad."

"I'm okay! What do you want to tell me?" Yujin fakely smiled.

"You go first!"

"Hahaha. Okay then, uhm." Yujin trembles as she continues

"I heard from Oppa that you rejected him. He can't really take it. He wants you and I would like to ask if you can give him another chance. You're my friend and I beg you to please don't hurt my brother."

Minjoo was surprised on what Yujin said to her

"Minguri, Oppa is a nice person. Please give him another chance."

Minjoo looked so confused. She don't understand why Yujin is acting this way.

"No. Yujiniie, I am in love with someone else. I am in love with..."

"Please don't tell me who it is. Just, please give Matthew a chance. I beg you."

Yujin is fighting with her tears. She can't be weak. It's sad that she will end up hurting the girl she really love. She knew Minjoo loves her and she loves Minjoo even more, and that is why she's sacrifing the feelings she have for the other girl. She believed that it is for the best of everyone.

Minjoo started to cry. She's so frustrated and confused. Why is Yujin pushing her away?

"YAH! YUJIN! I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU!"

Tears started to flow from Yujin's face. She bowed her head so that Minjoo can't see her crying. It was silent but Minjoo thinks she heard her world crashed when Yujin told her,

"I'm sorry, Minguri. But, I like Wonyoung."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.1K 42
[COMPLETE] She had a brother that she doesn't know for the rest of her life. Now she need to live with him. What a messed? Read this. [Once you star...
19.2K 958 15
-- "Maybe you are having hard time sleeping because reality is now better than your dreams and fantasies."
39.6K 1.5K 25
Wonyoung and Yujin had a past relationship and in order to know if wonyo's still into yujin, minjoo and yujin should act as lovers. But minjoo has a...
113K 3.8K 54
"If only I was brave enough to confess. If only I have the courage to tell you the truth. If only I take the step to you. You would be mine by now. B...