The Fox and The Wolf - Book O...

By EmeraldLuna14

Book One - God, they hate each other. Stiles is so sarcastic, and his mouth always gets him into trouble. Par... More

Foreword
Chapter 1: A Spark
Chapter 2: Nogitsune
Chapter 3: The Bite
Chapter 4: Human Lie Detector
Chapter 5 : First Moon
Chapter 6: Inner Fox
Chapter 7: Part of the Pack
Chapter 8: Coach's Kids
Chapter 9: A New Member
Chapter 10: God, I hate him
Chapter 11: Confusion
Chapter 12: Still hate him
Chapter 13: Another moon
Chapter 14: Hate him a little less
Chapter 15: That just happened
Chapter 16: What now?
Chapter 17: Expert Advice
Chapter 18: Infighting
Chapter 19: Decisions
Chapter 20: A Mess
Chapter 21: That went well
Chapter 22: Mates
Chapter 23: Breaking the news
Chapter 25: The journey
Chapter 26: The protective fox
Chapter 27: The pack advantage
Chapter 28: Transformation
Chapter 29: Relief
Chapter 30: Damn, grouchy werewolves
Chapter 31: Anticipation
Chapter 32: Constant interruptions
Chapter 33: The werejaguar
Chapter 34: Another damn rescue
Chapter 35: Is that it? Of course it isn't.
Chapter 36: Momma fox
Chapter 37: Piecing it together
Chapter 38: Blood
Chapter 39: The mute
Chapter 40: The puzzle clicks
Chapter 41: Claims
Chapter 42: Afterglow
Epilouge

Chapter 24: Spirited Away

3K 112 6
By EmeraldLuna14

After the confrontation with my dad, I decided to spend the night at Derek's. We didn't bring up anything about mates or sparks or soulmates or were-creatures of any kind. We just relaxed, cuddling into each other and enjoying the closeness. The rest could wait. Isaac was sleeping soundly in his room, his even heart beat a calming lullaby. Isaac is okay and happy, my dad knows I'm a werefox and that I'm dating Derek, and he's okay with it. Everything's okay. I faded off to sleep in the arms of my sour wolf, completely content.

I woke with a start in the early hours of the morning, feeling the absence of Derek in my bones. Something is wrong. Something is very wrong. My heart beat rose as I flicked on the light and scanned the room. I didn't see him anywhere. I moved to the hall, tripping over my own feet as I headed to search the bathroom. Nothing. I took the stairs three at a time and crashed into the dark downstairs of the loft. I was frantically searching when I heard Isaac coming down the stairs. He was saying something but I couldn't hear him over my own panicked thoughts. Derek's not here. He didn't just go for a walk or something. I felt wrong. I could feel that something was amiss. I turned to look at Isaac, fear all over my face.

"Isaac! Isaac he's gone! Derek's gone!" I said, alarm filling my voice.

"Stiles, relax. Maybe he's just gone for a run," he tried to reassure me.

I shook my head violently, "No, no. He was taken. Someone took him!"

I paced back and forth as I scrambled for my phone, dialing Scott's number before it even left my pocket. He picked up on the third ring, despite it being 3am.

"Stiles?" He asked sleepily, alarm in his voice too.

"Scott he's gone. Derek's gone. Someone took him, he's gone," I rambled in fear. My entire body was shaking and I vaguely registered Isaac pulling me into his arms.

"Stiles, shhh... Stiles, are you sure?" He asked seriously.

"Yes, yes I'm sure. He was taken. Someone took him. He's gone," I said, my tongue tripping over the words.

"I'm on my way," he said simply, and I heard the roar of his bike starting as he hung up the phone.

I sagged into Isaac, the phone falling from my hand. He caught it, and then me, holding me against him. My breaths were coming out in ragged bursts and I knew I was going to have a panic attack. Derek's missing. My Derek, is gone. He could be hurt, or being tortured, or dead. He could be dead. I couldn't breathe. I shook my head, no. I would know if he was dead. I would feel it. Scott must have come into the room, because I smelled the familiar scent of chocolate, cinnamon and springtime. I was numb, but registered that I was now in his arms instead of Isaacs. My vision was blurred as I tried to focus on what was in front of me, but I couldn't. My body was filled with dread and I couldn't hear or see anything.

"STILES!" I heard the roar of my alpha and it immediately snapped me out of it, my eyes glowing orange as I regarded the red ones directly in front of me. He sighed with relief and pulled me against his chest again, nuzzling into my neck and nipping my skin. "Stiles, you're okay. Just breathe okay? Just breathe," he said calmly. Isaac's hand was rubbing my back gently and Scott held me tightly. I stirred, gently removing myself.

"I'm- I'm okay. I'm okay. We just need to find him," I said blandly. Scott still looked concerned, but he nodded, going into alpha mode.

"Isaac, stay with Stiles. I'm going to search the loft, try and catch a scent. I already called the others and they're on their way here." He started up the stairs, eyes glowing red and nose in the air.

Isaac guided me to the couch and sat me down in his lap as he pulled me against his chest and stroked my hair gently. I closed my eyes and let the scent of French vanilla, wood and pepper flood my brain like a haze. It clouded my thoughts and I relaxed a little. I vaguely heard the sound of the loft door opening and closing a few times, and felt the vibrations in Isaac's chest as he explained the situation to the newcomers. I ignored it all, focusing on the warm body wrapped around me comfortingly. I was broken out of my numbed state by Deaton, gently shaking my shoulder.

"Stiles? Stiles, can you hear me?" He asked me, his voice clear and loud.

I nodded weakly, staying where I was in Isaac's embrace. "Okay. I need you to focus on your feelings. Focus hard on Derek, and tell me what you feel." He instructed.

I did as he asked, picturing his green and brown eyes in my mind, letting his scent envelop me. I gasped as a wave of pain hit me, hard. Another wave of fear, confusion and anger washed over me and I sucked in a breath. "Pain, a lot of pain. And fear. He's scared and confused. And angry," I said in a voice that barely sounded like my own.

I could feel the confusion from the rest of the occupants in the room, but I was looking at Deaton. "He's not dead Deaton," I said. He nodded, looking relieved.

"Uhhh, how does he know that?" Scott addressed Deaton and I buried my head in Isaac's neck again.

"Perhaps that's a conversation for another time," he said calmly. "Right now, we need to figure out who took him, and why."

"I caught a strange scent in Derek's room, but I don't recognize it," Scott said to the doctor.

"Well... who would want to take him? And it was obviously without a struggle. So, he went willingly. But based on the emotions Stiles sensed, he's not among friends," Deaton said, puzzling over it.

Lydia added her two cents. "Well we don't really know of any other enemies... besides hunters. Maybe we should start by calling Argent," she suggested.

"Good call. Can you do that Lydia?" He asked. I heard the rustle of her curls as she nodded and walked away, dialing Chris Argents number on her phone.

"Scott, what did the scent smell like? We might be able to work out some details based on that," Deaton said quickly.

"Well... I smelled Stiles, which is vanilla spice and burnt leaves, and Derek, which is forest and mint. And the third scent was sort of... crisp, or dry maybe. Like sand. Sand and gun powder... and wolfsbane," Scott finished his explanation worriedly.

"So maybe somewhere warm? Like down south?" Liam asked.

Lydia walked back into the group then and I raised my head to look at her. She looked hopeful. "Chris thinks he might know who took him. I told him what you guys were saying about the scent... he thinks it was a family of hunters from Mexico. The Caliveras?"

Deaton's face hardened. "Yes, he could be right. That's the only explanation." The feeling started to come back into my body at the news, finally having a course of action. Deaton looked around the room solemnly. "Who's ready for a trip to Mexico?"

                              *                        *                          *                         *

It was 8am and we were all crammed into two vehicles, the Jeep and Derek's Camaro. Scott was driving my Jeep, with Isaac, Liam and Mason in the back. Lydia was elected to drive Derek's precious Camaro, with Malia and Kira. We had packed for several days, just in case, and informed all of our parents we were going on a 'camping trip'. I couldn't believe that my dad had believed that one. Whatever. I finally felt like I could breath as we drove away from Beacon Hills, and towards wherever Derek was. I was back to my regular self, just extra worried, as I tried to form a plan in my head. We still had no idea what we were going to do to once we actually got there, and this was my specialty. I needed to come up with a plan. One that would work.

I came back to reality when I spotted Liam shifting uncomfortably in the back seat, jammed between Mason and Isaac. "What's wrong Liam?" I asked gently. He looked at me guiltily.

"I know we're in a rush to get to Derek, and that he's in danger... but I'm hungry Stiles," he whined. I felt my own stomach growl at his words and turned to Scott.

"Stop at the next exit, we need to eat," I commanded, and he nodded at me. I texted the girls and they agreed.

We pulled into a small diner as I realized it was already 4pm. We hadn't eaten since yesterday. I'm surprised it took Liam that long to say anything... the kid could eat a horse for every meal. We got a table together and ordered a feast, knowing we may not be able to stop for food again until well into the next day. I sat between Liam and Isaac, making sure they got enough to eat. Isaac kept an arm around my shoulders and Liam sat close enough that our arms were touching, both of them sending calming scents my way. I accepted the contact gratefully while I stuffed the food in my face, not really tasting it. Scott reached across the table to touch my hand a few times, his eyes still worried. I tried to reassure him with a look each time, but I had a feeling I was unsuccessful.

We all took a bathroom break and left the diner with a few to go containers I had ordered for Liam. As we were getting into our respective vehicles, Lydia pulled me into a fierce hug. Malia and Kira joined in, circling me with their warm bodies, while Lydia whispered in my ear.

"We'll find him Stiles," she said confidently, and they all squeezed me a little harder before letting go. I gave them a small smile and climbed into the drivers seat of the Jeep.

Scott went with Kira and the other girls this time, leaving the boys with me. Isaac sat in the passenger seat and leaned against me as he faded off to sleep, his even breaths helping to calm my nerves. Mason had fallen asleep against Liam's side, and the young werewolf kept his eyes trained on me in the rear view mirror. I opened my mouth to say something, try to reassure him maybe, and he cut me off immediately.

"Don't say it. I know you're not okay," he whispered. He laid his hand on the back of my neck reassuringly, and my pulse slowed at his calm touch.

Eventually he too fell asleep, and the jeep was filled with the sleepy breathing of the three boys. Despite falling asleep, Liam kept his hand on my neck firmly, and Isaac stayed against my side. I smiled at their peaceful faces, glad they were finally getting some rest and relaxing. I felt a surge of protectiveness when I looked at them all. I needed to protect them. Needed to make sure they were safe and taken care of. I imagined this is what it feels like to be a parent. Is this what Scott feels like as the alpha looking at his pack? I wondered. I imagined it was. This feeling was completely instinctual. They are my pack, and I will protect them. All of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 447 29
One night in Beacon Hills, California, Derek is killed by hunters right in front of Stiles, with the police not doing anything to figure out what hap...
110K 3.9K 38
Liam's life has changed not for the better....but for the worst. He's a werewolf. A freaking werewolf. He never thought his life could change so dras...
374K 14.1K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] ✧ Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...
351K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...