SOULMATES (#1)

By ameesaAhlam

"He was flirting with you and you are laughing." "So what, I liked it." Now he became dead serious and it did... More

CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
NEW STORY!!
New Story!
ยกSequel!
New Story!
NEW STORY!
New Story!
New Story!
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story

CHAPTER 16

9.1K 403 9
By ameesaAhlam

Alveera's POV:

Stars are so beautiful, always glowing in the sky as if they have nothing to worry about unlike me. It's going to be almost four months since I last saw Xanir, though I never missed watching any of his match but I wanted to talk to him. He always made me forget my worries. But the way he reacted the last day was very weird, specially that kiss, imagining that makes me blush till today.
It's because of that only I didn't gather the courage to talk to him.

I sighed heavily remembering all that. It's more than 12 in the morning, everyone is sleeping except me, I was on the terrace watching the stars.

I was snapped out of my thought as I heard the doorbell, who the hell comes at this time?
I immediately walked down before that person rings it again and my parents wake up. What if it is a theif, I face slammed myself because why would a theif ring the bell.

As I opened the door, guess who was there to give me a shock.

"Hi, baby", he said.

The one and only Mr.Xanir Agnes Resf. He was leaning on the doorframe, wearing a simple black t-shirt and a blue jeans and not to mention the smirk that he had on his face. I actually stood there frozen, staring at him.

"What the hell are you doing here?", I whispered shouted as everyone was sleeping.

"Are you not happy to see me?"

"Of course I am but you could have at least messaged me that you are coming", I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?", he almost shouted. I immediately kept my hand on his mouth to shut him.

"Everyone is sleeping, if they wake up then I will get beaten", I told him slowing removing my hand from his mouth.

"Ok", he whispered, "Now can I hug you?" There was no need of asking that as I hugged him tightly burying my face in his neck and he hugged me back, it felt so good.
After a minute we pulled apart and I suddenly realized that all the guest's rooms were locked and I had no idea where the keys were, now where will he sleep? As far as I know he is staying tonight.

"I am really tired, I am going to sleep", he said as he started walking.

"But the rooms are locked upstairs, and I have no idea where the keys are."

"Then...I am sleeping in your room." No way!

"Are you serious? You can't sleep in my room."

"Where else can I sleep?", he asked.

"It's your mistake, you should have told me before coming", I whispered-shouted again.

"Can we talk about it later, I am really tired right now", saying that he started walking towards my room.
Well, what can I do right now, I have no other choice.

As we entered my room he placed his bag in the corner and I  said, "When I came back here from Australia, you know what was the first question my parents asked?"

"What?", he asked sitting on the bed and started removing his shoes.

"They asked me that are we both in a relationship?" He looked at me amusingly and said, "What did you say?"

"Of course 'no'." I am regretting saying 'no' to them.

"But they must be happy that their daughter's boyfriend is the captain of the Australian team", he said with a smirk.

"If you boast once again then I will definitely throw you out of my room", I warned him and chuckling he raised both of his hands in surrender saying sorry.

After that he started removing his t-shirt and I quickly covered my eyes.

"You can't sleep like that", I shouted.

"Sorry, but I sleep like this only", he said throwing his t-shirt on the floor and sighing I picked it up and folded it neatly.

I went to the washroom and changed into my pyjama and a t-shirt and when I came out I saw Xanir looking at the photo frame that was on my table, it was a selfie that I took in which Xanir was kissing my cheeks and I had stuck my tongue out, it was really cute.

"You framed it", he said still looking at it.

"Yeah, I love this pic."
He looked at it for a few more seconds before moving away.

Finally I laid down on the bed, I was lying at the extreme corner when suddenly Xanir wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest and buried his nose in my neck.

"What are you doing?", I almost whispered.

"I missed you like hell Alveera", his words warmed my heart.

"No one misses hell Xanir", I said teasingly.

"But even if you were hell, I would have missed you."

"Stop flirting", I told him smacking his arm.

"I am not flirting, just telling the truth. People say that 'lies are beautiful', but you know what, 'truth can even be really beautiful sometimes'", his voice was really serious.

"Where did you copy those lines from?"

"From my heart", that was cheesy but before I could say anything he asked," Didn't you miss me?"

At this I turned to face him and buried my head in his chest and said, "You have no idea how much I missed you."

He placed a kiss on my forehead and said, "Goodnight baby."

"Goodnight." I had the most peaceful sleep that night.

The next morning I suddenly woke up at 6, I wanted to be awake before my parents so that I could bring an extra mattress from Sarif's room and pretend that I was sleeping on the mattress, not on the bed.
As I tried to get up I felt some weight on me, I realized that Xanir's arm was still around my waist and he was sleeping on his stomach. I tried removing his arm but tightened his grip.

"Stop moving and sleep", he spoke suddenly with his eyes still close.

"Let me get up because if anyone sees us like this then it would be a whole new drama."

"Don't worry, I will handle it."

"Of course, you are the prime minister", I said rolling my eyes.

At this he chuckled and said, "Just a position less than him."

"Shut up", I said but he only laughed before falling asleep again. I don't know why but I kissed his cheeks, he was looking really cute.
__________________________________

"Alveera!!", someone was calling me but I only groaned and buried my face in the pillow.

"Alveera!"

"Let me sleep Xanir", I said, slowly opening my eyes a little bit only to see Xanir peaceful sleeping. Then who was calling?

"Alveera?" I suddenly realized that someone was at my door and I quickly spranged up hoping that it was not mom or dad or else I was dead today.

I cautiously opened my door and sighed in relief to see Sarif there. I came out and quickly closed the door behind me.

"You asked me yesterday to wake you up early today", he said and I remember that I wanted to wake up early today(I don't know the reason) because I don't trust my alarm.
I guess almost everyone is sleeping.

"Yeah...thanks", I told him.

"Why are you holding that door so tightly, are you hiding something?", he asked me suspiciously.

"Well...", I said scratching the back of my neck, I slowly opened the door and Sarif peeked inside and his eyes widen.

"What the hell?", he shouted and I immediately gestured him to keep his voice low.
So I explained him everything that happened last night and asked him to bring the mattress from his room which he did and I quickly laid it on the floor and threw my pillow and duvet over it to show that I was sleeping there.

Sarif asked, "Did you tell him about that?"

I sighed and said, "Not yet, maybe later in the afternoon."

Later I did my morning routine and as Xanir was still asleep I went out to have breakfast. Mom was already there and she was bit shocked to see me awake so early in the morning.

As I sat down on the dinning table after taking my breakfast I told her that how Xanir suddenly came here last night and she was bit surprised.

"But the guest's rooms were locked, where did he sleep?", she questioned.

"He slept...in my room."

At this she eyed me suspiciously and I know exactly what she was thinking.

"I slept on the mattress, don't give me that look", I defended myself.

After that she didn't ask me any questions and went away and as I finished eating Xanir came in and said 'good morning' and I greeted him too.

I served him his breakfast and sat opposite to him and I was checking my phone.

My mom came there and they both greeted each other and she was happy to that he came there or was she just acting?

"So are you staying for few days?", mom asked him. I forgot to ask him that question.

"Yeah, 3-4 days maybe", he replied. Oh no!

"Oh! That's is really nice, the you will be able to attend Alveera's engagement even", she exclaimed. Shit! Bad timing mom! Xanir's jaw clenched at this as he gave me a glare before turning back to my mom.

"When is the engagement?", He asked emphasising on the word 'engagement.'

"After three days", she replied happily and after that she excused herself and went away.

Please don't get angry Xanir but he was already glaring at me, his eyes were bloodshot.

"Xanir I-", he cut me off by slamming his hand on the table and I am damn sure his knuckles would have been bruised.

"Are you serious Alveera? You are getting engaged and you didn't even tell me?",he said furiously, I tried to speak but he again cut me off by saying, "Now don't say that you got to know about it just yesterday. For how long this has been fixed?"

He was now standing in front of me and his body actually was hovering me as I was sitting.

"For t...wo mont...hs", I shuttered.

"Awesome", he shouted with sarcasm dripping in his voice and he left the room.

I went after him shouting, "Xanir listen to me at least." I didn't care if everyone was giving me a weird look.

I grabbed his forearm to stop him and he said in a dangerously low voice, "Keep your explanations to yourself." And he yanked out of my grip and ran upstairs.

I was helpless, I didn't know what to do. I went to my room closing the door behind me I slid down against it and tucked my legs under my body.
Tears started falling down my cheeks. I never wanted to get engaged to him, I love Xanir but my parents forced me into this. The moment I said that I was not in a relationship with Xanir they told me that I am getting engaged, I was never asked, but how will I explain this to him? He is furious with me.
I fell asleep while crying. When I checked the time it was evening, my eyes were puffy and red from crying. For the past 2 months I wasn't able to sleep properly, hardly 2-3 hours a day.
I didn't even have lunch today, I felt hungry but was in no mood of eating something.

As I walked out of the room, I found mom and asked her, "Did Xanir have lunch?"

She shook her head and said, "I asked him but he said that he was not hungry."

I went to the kitchen and made a sandwich and keeping it on a plate I called Sarif and I told him to give it to Xanir. He must be hungry but if I will go and give him then he would definitely not eat it.

Later that night, I somehow gathered some courage and went to Xanir's room and knocked but as I got no reply I slowly opened the door. There he was keeping his clothes in his bag and packing it. He saw me but didn't acknowledge my presence.

"Where are you going?", I asked him completely ignoring the fact that he is angry with me.

"I am going back", came the cold reply. I didn't want him to leave, he just came yesterday.

"But you said that you will stay."

"Just to see you get engaged to some asshole like Ryan", he shouted and I flinched at his response.

"Please Xanir, I am sorry." He ignores me.

"Please don't leave", I pleaded.

He stopped packing and started moving towards the door. Before he could open the door I hugged him tightly from the back and the tears that I was holding started flowing.

"Please don't leave", I said between crying, "I need your help Xanir." He didn't say anything and stopped there.

"I don't want to marry him, I am being forced. Please...", I begged yet he didn't say anything.

"I started considering you as my best friend Xanir and best friends are supposed to help each other."

He removed my hands from his waist and turned around, he looked pissed off.

"Best friends are not supposed to keep secrets", he shouted.

I lowered my head and said softly, "I know and I am sorry about it."

When I raised my head I saw him taking out his phone and he dialed someone's number. He kept looking at me while talking.

"Are you free?", he asked that person.

"Can you come on the terrace in five minutes", though it seemed like a request yet his tone was commanding.

Wait...he said terrace?

"Did you call Sarif?" He nodded.

"Why?"

"I can't let you marry that asshole", he said coldly. He is helping me?

He started walking towards the door and I followed him, he sat on the stairs and I also quietly sat beside him.

"Why did you call Sarif, are you making some plan? I mean why not just say something that will cancel all this?", I questioned.

"The only thing that you can say is that you are pregnant with my child and everything will be cancelled within seconds and the next moment you will be thrown out of the house", he said in one breath and started looking straight and I looked at him in disbelief. He is still angry.
I placed my hand on his shoulder and said, "I am sorry Xanir, don't be angry."

His jaw clenched at my words and he turned to looke at me. He gently grasped my throat and pulled me towards him and rested his forehead on mine, our lips only an inch apart.

"Three months, it had been more than three months without a call or a text and then I come back here just to see you getting engaged."

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"I...", but before he could say I heard someone clear his throat behind us. Shit shit! I immediately looked away embarrassed to see Sarif standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Sorry if I disturbed your moment", he said teasingly and I  turned red in embarrassment. Xanir maintained a calm posture.

He sat on one of the stairs.

"So", he said, "what happened?"

"What do you know about that asshole she is getting engaged to?", Xanir asked him, he could have asked me!?

"Oh, you mean Zaire Ayaz? Well, nothing in particular."

"Ok, so look we need to make a plan in order to cancel this engagement, are you with us?"

"Of course, but we can just say something about Alveera in order to cancel this instead of making plans and all." As Sarif said that I remembered what Xanir said a few minutes ago and I immediately interrupted, "No! A plan would be much better. I don't want to be thrown out of the house", I mumbled the last part.

"You don't have to worry about the plan", Xanir said to Sarif, "I will manage everything,you just have to co-operate." Sarif nodded his head in agreement. After that Sarif got up to leave but as he was on the first stair he said, " You both can continue with what you were doing earlier."

"You really need a punch from me", I shouted but he only laughed on response before going down.

I looked back to Xanir and he was already looking at me. He suddenly started to lean in for a kiss and I closed my eyes and waited for him but before our lips could meet, only a few centimeters apart my mom called, "Alveera!"

I opened my eyes to see him looking frustrated.

"Remember, I am still mad at you", was the last thing he said before getting up and going back inside.

I sighed heavily...

That's the longest chapter I have ever written. Phew!
Thanks to my friend for giving me this 'engagement drama' idea.

And a big thanks to my readers, hope you enjoyed it.
Until next time, goodbye💜❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 530 35
# 1 in destiny series..... __________________ Story of Zaviyaar Aqib Khan and Aaliyana Faisal Rajput. ________________ Zaviyaar CEO of Khan Industri...
199K 12.2K 43
"What do you want Xavier?" I said getting irritated. "For you to give me a chance to explain myself." "There's no need to explain anything to me, we...
177K 6.1K 37
Emily Montgomery had never done anything wrong in her life. She obeyed everything her parents ever asked of her. But now she finally has to break awa...
375K 11.9K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...