Azur Lane: Land To Sea.

By TheQuoteMan2

A Land Commander turned into a Naval Commander. How will he stack up against the extra-terrestrial opponent... More

Prologue: Dealing with New Realities
2: A Soldier's Thought Process
3: Otherworldly Introductions
4: Ceremony Of Uncertainty
5: Foretelling and Initiating
6: Survey
7: Tea & Insturments
8: Taken Back
9: War Follows
10: Blossoming Threats
11: Response
12: Preparedness
13: Desperation
14: Show of Authority
15: 'Plan G'
16: Inexperienced
18: Royalties
19: Exercises and Ambushes
20: Deception
21: Trial of Perseverance
22: Consolidate & Counter-Attack
23: Conviction
24: Familiar Feeling
25: Wonderful View (Special)
25.5: Match and Match-Making (Special Pt.2)
26: One More Prep
27: Operation: Snowstorm
28: Fierce and Iron-Blooded
29: A Done Deal
30: Fighting admist the Snow
31: Fight of a Lifetime
32: Loyalty in Blood
33: Reality of Fights
34: A Lesson of Regret
35: Secretary Woes (Special)
35.5: Mysterious Guest (COLLAB?!)
36: Foresight-Seeing
(Special): Distance in the Mistletoe
37: A Mental Skirmish
38: A Connection
39: Faces with Past Traces
40: Warning Shots
41 - Allotted Time
42 - A Stronghold's Last Stand
43: Ethereal Finale
44 - A Deserved Celebration

17: Center Stage

6.3K 104 313
By TheQuoteMan2

A-kun: With some comments of the last chapter talking about the eerie similarities of the events of one Azur Lane story on Fanfiction.net, named "Azur Lane: The Story." by PiedpiperofTamlyin. 

I'll be explaining all of the questions and answering them at the end of the chapter. Anyway, please do enjoy the new chapter!

It'll be away from the action for a bit... 

=================

It was the 3rd day of the party of the Azur Lane fleet. It really felt that every day passes, the festivities weren't stopping at all... It boded well with Caster since his stress isn't that bad anymore since everyone in the base is just filled through and through with positivity...

The place was the cafeteria. The place that it always seemed to be full after the victory against the Sirens. All kinds of stuff are happening here since the victory. It could be chaotic, or... Chaotic. Nothing in between. 

Yorktown, Hood, Wales, and Illustrious was sitting in a square-like shape. Like you know, a group. With Edinburgh behind Yorktown. "He's going to get the first achievement of any person here in Azur Lane history," Yorktown stated. 

The 3 Royal Navy aces just kept sipping on their respective tea until Hood spoke up.

"I'm not that surprised by it," Hood said as she sipped on her tea.

"Hornet and Enterprise just kept telling me event after event ever since the victory." Yorktown giggled. "They were extremely excited and probably they're still are." 

"What was the name of the plan again? I didn't quite hear it..." asked Illustrious. As she was not there for the briefing. She was just following instructions from Enterprise and Enterprise was following instructions on 'Plan G'. 

"It was called... 'Plan G'?" Wales said. As she remembered that she tried putting some sense into Caster's hard skull. 

"I'm sorry to ask, but this one detail that Hornet told me made me nervous for the upcoming operations with the Commander," Yorktown said as she leaned forward a little bit. Getting the other 3's attention.

"Go ahead, Yorktown." Hood calmly said.

"Hornet said that Commander recklessly put himself into danger just for the sake of distracting the Siren fleet. Is that really true?" Yorktown asked with slight denial. She wants this to be false so bad since if it's true, it's only a matter of time until Caster is hit with a fatal injury.

"Yes. Yes, it was true. But if not for him, the counter-attack would have not been as effective if the Commander wasn't there." Hood answered first. 

"I really thought that he was purposely trying to kill himself out there," Wales commented. 

"Anyway... Wales, do you think that we could do 'that' today?" Hood vaguely asked Wales. The other 2, Lusty and Yorktown were confused. But since they had no knowledge of the matter, they didn't say anything.

"Are you really going ahead with this plan?" Wales facepalmed and Hood just smiled mischievously. 

"The girls would love it, Wales. Don't you think?" Hood asked Wales. Trying to get her to finally agree. 

"What are you two talking about?" Yorktown asked confused on the matter. 

Then on cue, Edinburgh came in and whispered something to Yorktown. And she did the same to Illustrious for her not ask the same question.

"Oh, that... Of course, I won't mind that at all." Yorktown said smiling. As she finally knows what the 2 are scheming. 

"I wouldn't mind also. Unicorn would love it." Illustrious said as she puts her teacup down. 

"You're basically outnumbered, Wales. Come on, just agree." Hood said standing up and she gestured to Wales to get up too. In which she did also. 

"We'll be leaving, for now, you 2. Have a good day." Hood turned around and she bowed to Yorktown... This habit... Have we seen this before?

=================

"Oh, god... What time is it now...?" A person raised up from his bed. Finally awake. "7:32 AM? That is so late... Damn." 

Well, who do you think it is? It's Caster of course. 

He wiped his eyes and yawned loudly. Then Belfast came into the room. 

"Master... Good morning." Belfast greeted Caster. And she had a tray with coffee and some bread. 

"You could just wake me up at 6:00 AM. I probably missed so much when I am sleeping." Caster rubbed his head. Fixing his hair. 

"Noted, Master. By the way," Belfast said as she put the coffee and the bread on the table. "After the victory, I would always see Akagi coming into the office... Thinking that you might be there..." 

'Oh, yeah... I've read the report about her...' He thought. After some interviewing with the girls of the Empire, he is now knowledgeable about Akagi's habits and likes and dislikes. 

Ironic since Akagi declared that she'll know Caster more first. Not the other way around. 

But at least he knows now that she can be a bit... 'Eccentric'. To put it lightly. 

"I've done my research. I'll try to be more self-aware. Thanks, Belfast." Caster nodded. 

"Always happy to help, Master." Belfast bowed. 

Then out of nowhere, as Belfast was pulling the curtains to the side, to make the light come in the room, a tail... Just came out of nowhere from under Caster's blanket. 

'Uh, oh...' Caster knows this tail. He backed away a bit. But then a hand came out and held Caster by the hips. 

"Good morning... Caster." Akagi came out of the blanket in her sleepwear. "Fufu~" She grinned at him.

'SHE KNOWS MY NAME!?' He thought, also freaking out.

"You like what you see?" She came near Caster not before Belfast pulled Caster away from Akagi. 

Then the door snapped open with Enterprise coming in. 

"You too, stupid Eagle? Why do you two get in the way of me and Caster~?" Akagi said getting irritated. 

'The way that she said my name... Jeez. I'm probably in imminent danger when she's around...' Caster told himself.

"Let me go, Belfast." Caster tried wiggling away from Belfast. "I want to take a bath." 

"Oh, I'll go with you, Commander. I'm sure you won't mind." Akagi got up from the bed and came near him. Only for Belfast to pass Caster to Enterprise and Enterprise exchanged glares once more.

'Is this going to be my morning routine from now on?' He said as he was wiggling again away from Enterprise's grip and he was finding some success. And the 2 girls started arguing. Even Belfast coming in. 

With the words, insults, the 3 weren't paying attention to Caster who got away from Enterprise's grip and sneakily went out of the room. He's pretty knowledgeable of basic stealth. 

He sighed in relief as he plans to not come in there anytime soon. So he walked towards the cafeteria. 

He was meeting some girls, the girls greeted him, he greeted back, and they would get on with their day. But there were 2 girls that made him stop. 

Prince of Wales and Hood looked at Caster and the 2 also stopped. 

"Good morning, Commander." Hood greeted him. 

"Good morning too," Wales repeated what Hood said. 

"Likewise. Have you two been taking it easy now?" Caster asked the 2 if they're not as tense and serious back when they were planning for the attacks. 

"I have actually..." Hood smiled. "How is the newfound fame? Liking the new girls surrounding you?" 

"Hood!" Wales turned to Hood and Hood looked back at her with a smile. 'She's such a tease sometimes.' 

Hood always liked to tease people. And making sarcastic remarks. Though she would never do that to girls, she was more than comfortable trying to tease the Commander. Since she and many other girls know that he is literally the only male on the island. And it's fun trying to get a reaction out of Caster.

"Uh, I don't know. The fleet only got bigger in my opinion. If my fame did rise, I wouldn't really care that much." Caster answered in the most NEUTRAL way possible that made the 2 speechless of his air-headedness.

And even worse, he didn't even answer the 'tease' question that Hood asked him. 

"If you won't mind girls,  I'll get to the cafeteria to get something to eat. My office right now is a warzone in itself." He bowed and he walked to the cafeteria. Leaving the 2 still speechless.

"You know... Back in the submarine... I told him he was an airhead..." Hood plainly said. As she the 2 was again, walking back to their dorm. 

"Yeah, you did. And you made him angry." Wales said. 

"I did, but it was a joke. But that answer," Hood started to chuckle. "I'm pretty sure that I am actually right about him."

"You're right. He's pretty dense." Wales said as she opened the door to their dorm. 

=================

Caster was in the cafeteria now. And the time of slight peace made him calmer and being more outgoing than usual. 

Of course, he still can't escape paperwork, but it was the least of his work. Because right now, he has nothing to do. He hadn't made the girls work for commissions for 2 days as he's trying to get the girls in good shape to boost their morale and energy for the next operation after their 'vacation' is over. 

"Hornet. Good morning. It's quite the hot day isn't it?" Caster greeted Hornet. Who is cooking something? And she was sweating too. With the heat of the kitchen cooking food and just the atmosphere of the cafeteria. 

"You know, Commander, you should put air ventilation in the cafeteria," Hornet suggested.

"Noted... I'll buy two large air conditioners for the cafeteria." Caster agreed on the suggestion. "Anyway, what's for breakfast?" 

"Okay, here's your food for today. Here you go." Hornet gave Caster a tray. 

=================

"Hood, why are you so adamant about this?" She said as she's putting chairs in an orderly manner.

"I like to keep my word," Hood said as she also helps. And Edinburgh was assisting the two as well. "

"He will not like this after this is over," Wales said. 

"I know. But this will be worth it." Hood giggled. 

While Edinburgh, she was thinking about something.

'Is that rumor true? This might be a good time to see.' Edinburgh thought as she's still helping with setting up the chairs.

=================

The time was 4 to 5-ish PM. And Caster was just fooling around the base. Playing with kids, and just walking around. His life has calmed down a bit. And he's still walking around the base. Then he saw a volleyball court. 

He walked up to it and saw 3 girls sitting on the sidelines. Looks like they just arrived. 

Then he came near the girls. And they were familiar faces. The same 3 that he helped a week ago.

"Saratoga, Portland, and Oklahoma." Caster greeted them. "Fancy seeing you all here. Finally getting to play some volleyball?" 

"Yeah, Commander! Wanna join?" Saratoga asked. She's not in her 'prank' mode.

"Hmm. Sure. I'll find my own teammates. Let's make the match 3v3 shall we?" Caster suggested to the three and Portland was the first to respond.

"Commander, you need to find 2 other girls to help you," Portland stated to him. In which he just shrugged. 

"Nah, it's fine. There's plenty of people here I can ask." He smiled. Then he turned and walked around the area to see anyone near him to be his teammate. 

Then he saw a bench and two girls sitting on it. One was a 'hero'. Then the other one had blue hair and had a stoic expression on her face.

"Hello, Cleveland." He greeted Cleveland. 

"Oh, Commander!" said Cleveland. Then she turned to the blue-haired girl. "Come on, he's the Commander!" 

The blue-haired girl was getting nervous at the sight and the presence of Caster. As she turned to him slowly and nervously said: "H-hello..." 

"Hello, too. Are you new here?" Caster smiled at the girl in which she got more nervous. 

"M-my name is Helena. Brooklyn-class, Light Cruiser." Helena said while not maintaining eye contact with Caster. "And yes, I am new here..."

"Well, I haven't introduced myself did I?" Then Caster took a step and bowed down in respect. "My name is Edrich Caster. The 2nd otherworlder and the Commander of Azur Lane. Pleased to be in my fleet. The short history of Azur Lane only knows to win. And I am here to keep that tradition going."

"Quite the bold statement, Commander," Cleveland said surprised at Caster's remark. 

"I can back it up though." He smiled. As he raised his head up. "Anyway, I have a request to ask of you 2." 

"What is it, Commander?" Cleveland asked and tilted her head.

"I put myself in a match of volleyball and I need some good teammates. And I thought you could help me here." Caster explained his agenda. 

"We're not that good at volleyball, Commander," Cleveland answered. 

"I-I don't think we'll be sufficient for you." Helena also spoke up stuttering. 

"Oh, okay then. Look around if there's anyone else that I can ask," said Caster and the girls panned her heads all around them to see nobody in view. It was only 3 of them.

"No one right? Come on. I'm pretty bad at volleyball too." Caster tried convincing the two once more. With better results. They agreed. 

The 3 came back to the volleyball court and the other 3 girls greeted the 3.

"Alright. 3v3. Commander's team vs Saratoga's team!" Saratoga declared and the other 2 just facepalmed.

"Bring it." 

=================

Well... The results of the match are... Favorable... On Saratoga's side. Yep, Caster, Cleveland, and Helena lost the match. And it was a murder. With Caster's lack of skill, and Helena avoiding the ball when the ball goes to her afraid of getting hit in the face they lost the match in embarrassing fashion. But no one really criticized each other and sportsmanship was shared with both sides.

Cleveland was really the only bright spot of that team. She had excellent athleticism for a girl her size. She can jump high, and quite quick on her feet. And Caster and others were impressed.

'Damn. I gotta get better next time.' Caster cursed. He knows that the game wasn't with stakes and no hard feelings were put from either side but he felt that he failed to play within his expectations.

"I'm so sorry, Commander," said Helena. Who was sweating so much from the recent game that they lost...

"Let's play again tomorrow, Commander!" Saratoga waved bye at Caster, Cleveland, and Helena. And Portland and Oklahoma waved bye-bye too. "I'll see you later!" 

Caster was confused about what she meant. Then he looked on his left and Cleveland signaling Saratoga to 'shut up!' And of course, he wanted to know what's going on. 

"What is going on?" Caster looked at Cleveland with a suspicious look. 

Then before Cleveland could respond, Helena was coughing a little bit.

"Do you... Do you have a towel or handkerchief, Cleveland?" Helena looked at Cleveland.

"Here." Caster gave Helena a handkerchief. And she hesitantly took the handkerchief out of Caster's hands. "Take this and please change your clothing. You're soaked all over."

"Anyway, I have more paperwork to do. Do I trust you to bring her back to her dorm?" Caster asked Cleveland.

"Of course! Always count on me!" Cleveland exclaimed. 

"That's the spirit. Anyway, I'll be going now. See you two tomorrow." As Caster walked away back to the building to get back to the office. 

As Cleveland was helping Helena go back to her dorm, she smirked. 'Alright... He doesn't know yet.' 

=================

It was nighttime, and after Caster's 'recovery' bath, he toweled himself dry and changed his clothing to casual clothing. With a gray sweater and black pants. He came out of the bathroom with 2 maids inside.

The 2 maids were Edinburgh and Belfast. Of course, he was confused.

"What's happening? Why are you two here?" Caster said as he put his towel aside to dry. 

Then Belfast breathed in deeply. And Edinburgh was getting jittery. 

"Master, Just follow our instructions." As Belfast and Edinburgh went behind Caster and Belfast blindfolded him. 

"What's going on now?!" Caster said. 

"Just. Follow. Our. Instructions, Master." Belfast said in a stern tone. Making Caster silent. 

The 2 guided Caster outside the office and walking through the hallways. And Caster noticed there was a lack of ambient noises. Like there was no one other than the 3 of them.

'Is this some kind of ploy?!' He shook his head side to side and Belfast held his head to stop freaking out. 

Then he felt the atmosphere change. It was cold. 'We're outside now? Where am I going to be taken now? This feels like I'm a hostage right now!' 

Then after walking quite the distance, he was put inside again in a building and sat down on a chair. 

This time, he hears so much chatter and noises. Definitely it's the girls. But for some reason, he didn't say his complaints on the matter. 

After a while, he was finally removed of his blindfold and he was greeted by bright spotlights shined on him. And he was on stage. At the center of it. 

The girls who were on the audience were so large that it felt like a concert with a famous artist singing or doing a performance. 

"Don't disappoint..." said Belfast. Whispering on Caster's ear. 

"What the hell is this?!" He said before looking down on his right and he saw his guitar beside him. "My guitar?" 

Then he looked once more in front of him and he saw phones and flashes getting pictures of him. 

"I demand an explanation for this predicament." Caster said in a stern manner.

Then no one spoke up. Except for the destroyers cheering for him. Until Belfast came behind Caster with a phone and showed him something.

What she showed Caster was a video... A person laying beside a coconut tree within the shade. And singing something. And it was for a good 2 minutes.

"Uh... Uh." Caster said shell-shocked on what he saw. He immediately knew what's going on now. It was him singing and Columbia finding him and recording a good 2 minutes video of him. 

"W-who did this?" Caster asked the crowd of girls. Then no one responded. And he was embarrassed to all hell with this revelation that this video has been circulating around the girls without his knowledge. 

'Damn it. This is so embarrassing...' He facepalmed. 

"Okay, funny prank y'all... Good job," He was uncharacteristically stumbling in his words. "I can go back to the office, right?" 

Then someone finally responded. Which was Hood? Who sat in the front row. And shook her head.

"Commander. From the video, I think you would know why you're here and why we're here..." Hood sipped her tea. Sitting in an elegant posture.

He looked again at the crowd and there were so many girls just looking at him. He really wanted to crumble like a rock to avoid the attention, but he can't do anything about it.

And literally everyone at the base came to see the show. Even Akagi and the Sakura Empire's aces and members. (Not all of them, of course.) 

"Please, just to get this over with, what do you want me to do?" Caster asked Hood in which some of the girls in the crowd facepalmed. Including Enterprise, Wales, and Belfast in the backroom. And many more.

"I, no, WE want you to sing a song. Since you're so talented in that department." Hood said it in a demanding manner and she didn't even flinch or hesitate saying that to him.

How did this chain of events culminated in this predicament? Well.

This plan was orchestrated since the 1st day of the party for the Azur Lane and Sakura Empire winning against the Sirens. Remember when Hood said 'Let's make him sing after this.' remark? Yeah, she actually kept to her word. And with the assistance of Cleveland, who loved the idea since she was the first one to see the 'video' of Caster singing, and the one who showed Illustrious and Yorktown the 'video'. In which they were impressed and quite honestly, just fell victim to Caster's voice. 

The ones most excited was Enterprise and Akagi. Enterprise because she was the first one to hear him sing and she really wanted for Caster to sing what he sang on the USS Enterprise. (The boat.) As for Akagi, she hasn't heard him sing or display any other talent except for his battle experience and planning. And she had quite high expectations for him but she feels like Caster will live up and go beyond her expectations.

Suffice to say, it was a nerve-wracking atmosphere. Not only for Caster but for the girls also. Everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE, wanted him to sing.

Caster sighed. Finally giving in the pressure. He grabbed the guitar and he put it on his lap. 

"Check. Check..." He said on the mic while strumming the strings. Seeing if they're actually in the right tones. And the girls were getting their phones and recording him. 

Then he opened his mouth. 

A-kun: To be honest with you readers, I had this idea since Chapter 4. Finally, I get to do this. (This song has swear words in it so I'll censor them for good measure for the Destroyers kids who are in the crowd. Good eye, BanzEye.) 

Let's fall in love for the night
And forget in the mornin'
Play me a song that you like
You can bet I'll know every line
I'm the boy that your boy hoped that you would avoid
Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, stop that noise
I know better than to call you mine.

His voice reached all of the ears of the girls in the crowd. And... Let's say... They were all hypnotized. 

You need a pick-me-up?
I'll be there in twenty-five
I like to push my luck
So take my hand, let's take a drive
I've been livin' in the future
Hopin' I might see you sooner
I want you ridin' shotgun
I knew when I got one right.

Let's fall in love for the night
And forget in the mornin'
Play me a song that you like
You can bet I'll know every line
I'm the boy that your boy hoped that you would avoid
Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, stop that noise
I know better than to call you mine.

Then he stood up from his chair for the next part. And he started to dance. Doing foot taps and complex movements as he was singing. 

I love it when you talk that nerdy shit
We're in our twenties talking thirties shit
We're making money but we're saving it
'Cause talking shit is cheap and we talk a lot of it
You won't stay with me, I know
But you can have your way with me 'til you go
And if all your kisses turn into bruises, I'm a warnin'

Let's fall in love for the night
And forget in the mornin'
Play me a song that you like
You can bet I'll know every line
I'm the boy that your boy hoped that you would avoid
Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, stop that noise
I know better than to call you mine.

Then a chuckle to finish off the song.

He looked again at the crowd to see their reaction. And they were... Frozen, ensnared, hypnotized, all of the synonyms of the said words. 

Caster doesn't really realize this but he had a great, great voice. And could have done well in the music industry if he tried. But he never got interested in music until his time in the military came around. His team would camp in a remote place and when it gets lonely, the soldiers would come together and one of the soldiers would sing. (If they had one.) If there wasn't a singer or an instrument to use, they would just sing random songs and they would have fun doing it. 

His voice was hypnosis material. As it's displayed that his voice literally made everyone unresponsive. Yes, even Illustrious, Wales, and all other sorts of girls in the room. Even Belfast was just frozen and Edinburgh just froze too. 

And even some girls who fainted. (I'll let you imagine who.) 

'I messed up some of my tones. Why aren't they responding?' Caster asked himself. 

But then he realized something. 'I could use this moment to escape!' 

As so he did. He sneakily walked out of the back door of the building and tried ran off towards his office and lock himself in. 

But then he heard a loud 'thud' in the door. And he looked behind him in slight horror. 

"We do you think you're doing, mister?" Belfast said. As other girls came out of the building looking for him. 

"We're not done yet..." Akagi said to Caster.

And the chase began. And what happened on that night... 

I'll leave it to your imagination. 

A-kun: Okay, since the chapter was so long, I'll leave the explanation and answers in the next chapter. I'm so tired and this chapter is so long that I can't fit in here. I promise I'll get to it at the beginning of the next chapter. Anyway, see you all beautiful readers next time!

Word Count: 4252 Words.

8:25 PM
5/1/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 5.7K 58
In a world in conflict with the Sirens, a young commander is assigned to Azur Lane. He will be tested by his command, his enemies and his ships. His...
48.3K 603 28
Um hey guys this is my very first story in wattpad, so please go easy on me. (note: i dont own Azur lane or any pics that are shown in this story.) Y...
5.2K 149 16
"Destiny is no matter of Chance. It is a matter of Choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved... Destiny is what you're...
18.4K 184 23
"A wedding ring won't save anyone..."-Salty_Kirumi. "So much of my early retirement... What's with the ring though...?" Ex-Commander of the New Phoen...