The Norse Hero: Fenrir

By GoldenGeckoWriter

Common quirks are based on simple things. Even Bakugos strong flashy explosion quirk it just dynamite. But th... More

Origin of the Norse Hero
The 5 Gates
The Recovery
The Beginning
Ending On A Beginning
Moves Were Made
Taken by Storm
Introductions and Exams
At Long Last
War is on your doorstep
A Gods' Smite
Solutions and Secrets
Challenges Ahead
A Turn for the Worst
A Step Closer
At Every Corner
Being There
The Training Camp Day 1
Feelings in the Forest
The Blood of Battle
The Difference Between Good and Evil
Because You're Gone
In Wrong Hands
Apologies done in Peace
Making up for Lost Time
Just some art.
Show Me What You Got
Of Wind and Fire

Finishing Undone Deeds

1.9K 58 35
By GoldenGeckoWriter

*Just after AFO's appearance at the factory*

"NOOOOOOO!"

All Might was utterly distraught. The boy that he was tasked with saving was ounce more out of reach. It was just after Shigaraki had taken his stand against the heroes that they heard the sudden sound choking and rushing liquid.
When they located the source of the noise, they found Bakugo wide-eyed as a dark sludge poured from his mouth. The same sludge began to envelop of the boy who did everything to swat away the foreign substance.

By the time that All Might was able to react, Bakugo had been completely lost in the sludge. And when the hero made an attempt to grab the boy, he simply felt nothing.
Both Bakugo and the sludge were just gone without a trace.

He was too busy with the complete failure that by the time that he realized the same was happening the group of villains, it was too late. Each hero made their attempt to snatch a villain who had the same strange liquid rushing from their throats then covered their bodies.
And each time an open hand closed in on them, they would slip through the grip of Kamui Woods. Said hero voiced his shame at not being able to restrain the villains.

Now, all the heroes were dealing with their failure. They all stood outside together, explaining the whole situation.

"What do you mean they just vanished?" Mt. Lady asked after shrinking down.

"He means that they just vanished. One after another, there were swallowed by this dark goo that seemed to have transportable capabilities. The obvious use of a powerful quirk." Edgeshot told her.

The heroes and the police forces all tried to make out what had become of the situation and how to come back from it. Even with their surprise attack, they gained nothing out of this mission.
And all that All Might could do was look to Torino who had the same defeated expression as he. Not a single word needed to share among the two as they knew exactly what was going on in each other's head.
They had failed.

"Hey everyone! We just got a report saying that there was a massive explosion at xxxxxxxxx! The newest report says that there's people there who have been identified as the League of Villains!"

Throughout the small chaos that was previously among the them, the news from the single officer was more than enough to get reactions from everyone there. Immediately, heroes and officers were hopping into the nearest vehicle and speeding off.

All Might was just about to use his own means of transportation and charge to the location on foot. But just before he could take the first leap, he looked over in the direction of where everyone was headed.

Above the tall collection of buildings, he could see the massive pillar of lavender streaked smoke that was comparable to the size of a skyscraper.
.....................................................................................................................

"While it is admirable that you wish to stay by my side, Tomura Shigaraki. But I must insist that you do not disobey me." AFO said with his back turned to his successor.

"Sensei, please! You can't leave me!" No matter how much Shigaraki pleaded, AFO did not turn around.

"Tomura, you must know that I will never leave you. Because you are a part me. You are the only one who can carry out my goal. You must be the one. And the risk of you staying here while other heroes will be arriving soon is too much. I apologize." Before he could protest any further, his sensei finally turned and looked at him. With a raised hand, he shot a blast of air that sent the entire league heading straight towards the portal that AFO had forced Kurogiri to open; Bakugo included.

The first to pass through the portal was Magne who had a hold of Toga. The second was Twice as he did voluntary flips while Spinner cursed from the harsh winds on his still sensitive wounds. Dabi was next as his still unconscious body was flown into the portal.
And next up was Bakugo.

Or at least, he would have been.

Just as he was merely a second from losing any chance of obtaining freedom, he felt a rough and sharp sensation on his leg. His natural reaction was to blow the damn thing off, whatever it was. But the moment that vines came into his view, he followed them to be attached to both Shiozaki and Monoma. The girls' vibrant green vines were entangled with the boys' tan ones as they gripped tightly onto his calf. However, both students had noticeable cuts and bruises all over them; presumably from the explosion.

With a unified pull from both teens, Bakugo was yanked away from the portal and towards the edge of the clearing. Just as they did, Bakugo felt the brisk feeling of Shigaraki graze his fingers on the back of his neck, but it was too late for the young villain.
Now having to deal with the loss of the boy and the separation of his master, Tomura yelled in grief.

Just before the portal behind him sent him to another place that was other than here, he caught one last glance at the man that saved his life. AFO was looking back at the explosion of smoke that erupted just moments after the wolf asked the question.
It was absolutely massive; easily taking up more than half of the space that the clearing provided. As the pillar of darkness reached up more than 15 stores, large arcs of bright purple lightning shot around the transforming boy.

When Tomura could finally see the edges of the portal made of black mist come across the edge of his vision, the last thing he saw was the pair of bright lavender eyes.
.....................................................................................................................

No longer hindered by the effects of the wind, it was easy to reel in Bakugo as the two students pulled him ever closer to them and away from the inevitable fight that was about to take place.
As soon as his feet touched the ground, the vine-haired pair released their hold. Monoma was the first to act from there as he then grabbed Bakugo's arm and began to pull him through the path they were able to make through the rubble.
As soon as he did, he felt his hand be swatted away by Bakugo's own hand.

"What are you doing? We have to get out of here." Monoma questioned the blond who had an annoyed look.

"Please, we must leave before things get more dangerous than they already are." Shiozaki exclaimed from her spot next to them.

"Pfft, as if I would miss seeing that damn villain getting his shit kicked in." Bakugo ignored their attempts and turned back to watch the fight.

"Look; I know that he captured you and all that, but we seriously can't stay here. The heroes will be here soon, and if we're still here when they arrive, we will just be in the way." Monoma once again attempted to persuade the stubborn teen to leave.

"I'm not talking about the masked fucker. I mean the damn mutt! If this guy can finally put his ass down, then I want to be here to witness it!" Bakugo's response was of annoyance but then turned into pleasure at hearing what could happen to Izuku.

"Are. You. Serious!? We are in the midst of a lethal fight, and you just want to sit back and watch!? Just because you don't like Izuku!?" Monoma was getting impatient with the explosive asshole. And from the look that Monoma didn't know Shiozaki could even make, she though so too.

"I doesn't hardly matter to me. Just stay out of my way, extras!" At Bakugo's final response, Monoma and Shiozaki looked to each other with angered expressions before giving a nod.

*Moments later*

"ASHWLETOGAWF, IGLCKILYUGHBOGHTH, YOGHAGMAH!!!"

Neither vine-haired students paid any of Bakugo's insults any mind as they used their vines to wrap Bakugo tightly around his mouth and closing in his fists to prevent him from making explosions. Together, they hurried off the battlefield and towards the sirens in the distance.
.....................................................................................................................

For a while, both figures simply stared at each other.

One waited for the portal behind them to close as the villains entered and left.

The other waited for his friends and Bakugo to get far enough to not get caught up on the backlash of the future battle.

AFO had ripples of red streaked back designs moving across his fingers as he seemed excited. The spot on his suit where Izuku had punched him was slightly wrinkled, but other than that, there were no signs of damage on the man.

Izuku had probably pulled off his most powerful transformation yet; if that was even possible at this point. Like his battle against Bakugo at the Sports Festival, his instincts were in perfect sync with his mind to eliminate the apex before him. Even if the man didn't have any kind of predatory mutations, that didn't stop his instincts from immediately tagging the villain as a threat.
The unlimited fury that came from the sight of Shoko injured fueled his drive to tear the villain apart. As his fingers twitched from rage coursing through his heated veins, he clenched his teeth shut to keep himself from going for the man's neck and ending it right then and there.

While he knew that he was in his Light-Ragnarök Form, he felt there to be a difference in his physique. The first noticeable feature was the extra licks of indigo flame across his body. This addition was mainly found on the tips of his ears as the small purple flames danced to no end. The same thing could be found on the tip of his tail as well as his elbows and heels.

That was another thing. Instead of just stopping at their usual spots when in his Light-Form, the shifted limbs kept going until they stopped just short of reaching his body. The veins that used to look like simple cracks in rock that run all over his limbs now looked like small slits that lead straight to an indigo hell. The five runes that glowed magnificently on his collar felt like balls of magma. His pair of horns and his back spikes pulsed with an undefinable energy as they seemed to hum.

Until this point, Izuku would only use OFA when it was completely necessary. Even when he deemed it was, he would take any chance to not have it activated while using an extent of his original quirk. Otherwise, the aftereffects took a huge toll on him. Just using one at a time was easy, but the combined powers of using both was too much for long periods of time. Not to mention that he was already exhausted before the fight even began.
But now, he had OFA charged to the maximum. The results were evident as the same bright purple arcs shot across his form; leaving a scorching black hole when they sometimes struck the ground.

By now, sirens could be heard all over the place. Indistinctive shouts and cries were mixed with noises of moving debris and people yelling. Izuku could hear the heroes rushing around in several directions to help whoever they could find. All around were flashing lights of red and blue from both police vehicles and ambulances. The smell of fear was so thick in the air that it made his instincts act out even stronger then before.
It didn't take long before a large spotlight trailed over to the massive clearing that was in the middle of the destruction. The single helicopter that viewed the clearing broadcasted the live footage of two figures standing in the open area.

Through the screens of countless TVs, most of Japan was about the witness what could possibly be the most devastating fight for years to come.

"Coming to you live in Japan, there has been a sudden explosion in the Kamino Ward that wiped out half of the district! As you can see down below, in the center of this great destruction is a clearing that has two unknown people within... wait, no! Isn't that Izuku Yagi Midoriya!? One of the two students from UA that was captured in the recent attack of villains! If that's the case, then the other mystery person looks to be a villain that caused this devastating blast! How is this possible!? He almost seems to be as strong as All Might! Speaking of the man, All Might was last heard to be already dealing with another villain incident! If he doesn't get here soon, then this kid could be in grave danger! Wait... he's moving!"

Izuku slowly raised his right hand; a trail of smoke and indigo flames falling behind. He continued to raise it before bringing it behind him. As he did this, AFO raised his own hand. The sleeves around his arm began to bulge from an unknown force as dark red sparks popped around the limb that looked ready to burst.

At the same time, Izuku shot his hand forward; sending a great wall of indigo fire as AFO blasted his own mysterious power that came in the form of an air cannon.
'Damn copycat' Izuku thought just as the great forces of power collided.

That boom that came forth could have easily drowned out the sound of a hundred cannons. Just the sound itself vibrated the air that felt many times heavier.
Due to the laws of nature, Izuku's fire was overwhelmed by the significant winds that halted the lavender blaze and sent it several other directions. Using his pyrokinesis, Izuku extinguished the fire to prevent them from travelling to far.
He then charged into the large cloud of dust that was caused by the impact; creating a small dust could himself when he bolted from his spot.

Since AFO had Ragdoll's quirk, he did not see any reason to cast away the dust and instead let the wolf come to him. From the cover the cloud came Izuku with a claw raised to strike.
'Such a childish attempt.' Though the villain as he prepared another attack to intercept the boy.
Just as he did, he sensed the advancing heat from his blank spot. Taking his eyes off the wolf, he found a fireball coming at him from an angle out of the closets spot of dust.
In a last second reaction, AFO redirected his already charged air cannon and wiped out the fireball.

Just as he turned to confront the wolf's attack, a clawed hand came down on him.

Every pair of eyes that watched the blurry attack winced as a shockwave cracked the area around them. Both figures were momentarily hidden by the dust while the spotlight from the chopper did it's best to find the pair.
A smaller shockwave revealed them in the midst. And Izuku couldn't help but feel irritated at the sight of his attack had been completely blocked by AFO's arm. With a growl, Izuku burst his arm into flames to burn the man.

However, AFO did not sit there and simply take it.
By bulging his arm like he did before, Izuku's own arm was flung away. Taking the moment of vulnerability in the wolf's form, AFO punched Izuku straight in the chest; unleashing the built of power cannon in the process.
The results caused Izuku to launch across the clearing and past his original spot. Just how Izuku punched the villain in the beginning, the predator crashed into a wall of broken concrete and debris.

It was only momentary as the wolf disappeared from sight before he came shooting with no signs of damage. This time, the two met halfway as they locked hands; two opposing forces putting their all to win against the other.
Izuku gave no mercy to the man as he super-heated his hands to burn the villains' own.
At the same time, he was really starting to get annoyed each time he saw AFO's arms inflate.

"You may be strong, but I have two centuries of exper-KAGHM!"

Just before AFO could fire the twin air cannons, Izuku stopped pushing and brought his arms behind him while still holding onto the villain's. As he did this, he leapt up and sent a knee straight to his face; cracking the bastard's mask.

"You really do love to hear yourself talk, don't you!?" The wolf yelled.

Not waiting for an answer, he switched between legs and used the other to stomp straight down on his face for a second time. However, the mask was able to hold up as Izuku put full force into the kick that caused a small crater to form when AFO's head bashed into the ground.
Shards of his broken mask fell around him as Izuku's hot pads pressed against his face. Luckily, his claws were just outside the exposed area, otherwise Izuku might have been too tempted to not dig them in.

"Just give up now!" Izuku wanted to get this fight over with as soon as possible. The overused adrenaline that ran though his blood wasn't doing much to stop the pain every time he moved.

"Oh? But it's just starting to get fun."

Before Izuku could do anything, AFO sent an air cannon punch that threw the wolf high into the air. The wolf knew that he vulnerable in the air compared to AFO who had the power of flight.
Izuku immediately adopted a defensive posture as the villain below him began to fly up.
As Izuku fell and AFO rose, the villain pulled back a fist while the wolf braised to block.

And just as he expected it too, the attack packed a hell of a kick. From how close they were, Izuku was now able to fully see what was hidden behind the mask.
'Holy shit, he's a potato.'
After the quick though and with a special technique that Iring taught him, he redirected the attack to his side instead of fully at him.
Now with the man exposed and his fist still raised high, Izuku sent an upwards kick into his gut. The force he put into the kick was enough to send the villain far enough for Izuku to think he had enough time to fall back to ground.
He was a fool for thinking so.

The moment that he took his eyes off AFO, unknown black objects with red designs wrapped around his leg. Izuku was able to trace the objects to find them originating from his opponent's fingers just before he was pulled from his decent to the ground.

Now in full control of his position in the air, AFO swung around the boy to gain momentum. It was only until he became a blur that he slammed Izuku into a large pile of what used to be a building.
But he did not let go.
Pulling once more, Izuku was airborne. This time, AFO spun and lifted his arm high. When he saw that the wolf was at his highest point, he brought his hand down and let the momentum send the boy crashing into the ground that caused the nearby damaged buildings to tremble.

AFO gracefully floated down to the edge of the cloud of dust the swirled around the hole. All of which was captured by the helicopter in the air.

"I can't believe it! At first, it seemed that Midoriya was able to face off against the villain but could that have ended the fight!? The dust is beginning to clear!" The reporter gave a quick summary of the situation.

Just as the reporter stated, the dust did clear; leaving behind Izuku standing tall.

Izuku didn't know it, but the people who were watching him put his life on the line to stop this villain were all cheering for him. Even the majority of his classmates were fixated on their device, praying that he would win. What Izuku did know was that it was getting harder to breathe. He could feel his body breaking down on itself from the constant exertion of using both his quirks to their maximum. But even then, he didn't dare let up.

With a battle cry and stance, he rushed towards the murderer of thousands. With a flurry of combined attacks that consisted of claws and kicks that the target was able to dodge or block, he raked his left hand up the side of AFO's chest.
With a follow-up move, Izuku sent a straight jab to the same area and sent the villain flying across the clearing. This time, he was able to stop himself from colliding with the mound of concrete behind him.
After a few moments of waiting for the other to make a move, AFO spoke.

"Even without One for All, I can tell that you have so much power. Tell me; what would you have done if you had not had the drive to be a hero?" AFO called out.

"Get the drive to be a hero." Was all Izuku answered with.

"Hmp, such a snarky answer. Well then, allow me to answer for you. A person with such power is bound to use it some way. Take me for example: I had the potential to be anything I desired. With the right quirks and goal, I could have been anyone and could have done anything. Yet, I became what I am now. The same applies to you. If you had not wanted to be a hero, I'm sure you would have found some way to use those extraordinary powers. I just wonder what life would have been like if you had the same cruel mentality of the great wolf. I'm sure that you've read the same tales that I have." Izuku narrowed his eyes at the villain. He was certain that he knew exactly what he was trying to say and Izuku didn't like it. "Fenrir is not an entity of kindness nor is he heroic. He is a beast of war. And I'm sure that you would have been too if not for that soft heart of yours."

"Sheesh, I was joking earlier when I said that you love to hear yourself talk, but damn." Izuku chuckled as he heard the annoyed sound from the man.

"Quite the joker I see." AFO said with the same annoyed tone.

"Oh, that's not all." Izuku saw the small physical reaction as the villain prepared for what he was about to say next. "Duck."

"Duck? That's not even-"

The confused villain wasn't able to realize the hidden message in the 'joke' before All Might delivered a mighty punch from above. The effects of the surprise attack brought upon a big shockwave that broke the ground into a yard of smashed rock.
After the wind pressure died down, all of Japan saw the Symbol of Peace standing triumphally above his downed nemesis. AFO looked to be unconsciousness as he lay face down in the dirt.

The people who witnessed the sudden appearance of the #1 hero all burst into happy cheer at seeing the villain was defeated. When it came to someone as impactful as AFO, Toshi usually had a hard time focusing on anything else. But today, he couldn't care less about the man who killed his predecessor. No matter how much he hated him, the only thing he cared about in that moment was seeing his son.

Before All Might could even step away from his life-long enemy, he was suddenly tackled by blur of bright purple. If Toshi wasn't in his hero form, he probably would have fell to the ground. But after a few balancing steps backwards, Toshi was able to catch himself as he wrapped his arms around the boy latched around his stomach while also avoiding the injury on his side.

"AHAHA, IT IS OKAY MY BOY. BECAUSE I AM HERE." His words were full of affection as he returned the hug. "I PROMISE THAT I WILL NEVER LET ANYTHING HAPPEN TO YOU AGAIN."

"You don't need to promise anything. It was my fault that I even got caught in the first place." While Izuku was overjoyed to be reunited with his father, he could not stop the small wobble in his voice. "I let myself get out of control again and because of it, things got worse because of me."

"IZUKU." The gentle yet commanding tone got the boy to look up to blue eyes. "I'VE TOLD YOU BEFORE AND I'LL TELL YOU AGAIN. WHEN IT COMES TO TIDE OF BATTLE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL, SOMETIMES THE HEROES MUST GO THE EXTRA STEP. AND IF YOU HADN'T TAKEN THAT STEP, THINGS COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE FOR US. IF IT'S ANYONE'S FAULT, IT IS MINE. WHILE MY STUDENTS WERE OUT FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES, I WAS SITTING COMFY AT HOME. I'M SORRY."

"No no, it's not your fault either. You couldn't have possibly known what was happening." Izuku quickly said.

"HAHA, THEN IT LOOKS LIKE WE CAN BOTH AGREE THAT WE AREN'T AT FAULT HERE. SOUND GOOD?"

"Heh... I suppose." With a small chuckle and a smile, Izuku felt contempt with the outcome.

The sudden smell of immense fear quickly washed that feeling away.

Izuku was only able to catch one last glimpse at his father before he felt himself being picked up from their current hug.
The look on his face had more emotions than just fear. There was worry, alarm, distress, disbelief, and even dread.

Then he heard words.

"Two birds- "

Suddenly, Toshi spun with Izuku in his arms.

The world around him seemed to slow as the hero threw Izuku away from the voice.

The last thing that Izuku saw was the horrified look in his fathers' eyes as an inhuman fist closed in on him from behind.

"-One stone."
.....................................................................................................................

Inko was truly worried.

Upset and distressed.

Only once before had she felt this deep pit of low in her life before.

The day that her first husband; Hisashi died was an impact like no other in the Midoriya family. After that, she did everything in her power to ensure the safety of her only child. Even if her power ran low or if her soul and body were to break, she would still keep her boy safe.
But even then, the void in the their once nuclear family never went away in the lost presence of Hisashi. (Nuclear family means two parents and one child)
As the years went by, that void never left but became more bearable. Sometimes, she would think that Izuku was able to hold out better than she had. After all, he was usually the one to comfort her when she was reminded of her lost love.
Although, Izuku was only two when Hisashi was killed so probably had almost no memories of him.

Inko couldn't have asked for a better child. No matter what, he was smiling and pushing through obstacles that Inko wasn't sure she could even attempt. His joy was always so infectious. So kind and made sure to put others before him; even her when it was supposed to be the other way around.
Sure, he could be stubborn at times, but after his quirk's manifestation it made sense.

The night she learned of his manifestation wasn't the smoothest. She was reminded of that every time she thought about the events of Inko finding her son with a knife in his mouth. And even though she was ultimately proud of Izuku, the amount of times that he's made her heart skip a beat whenever he did some stunt definitely got her going.
In the end though, she enjoyed the life that she lived.

She thought that was the end though.

To Inko, her life was over. The only great purpose she saw was raising her boy. She didn't think it was too bad but whenever she said anything like that with Mitsuki, the blond woman would set her straight. Mitsuki was the other ray of goodness in her life. Her one friend that never left.
And Inko must say that she was eternally grateful the day she convinced Inko to accept the mans' offer.

The man that she now called her husband; Toshinori Yagi.

He reignited the lost void that plagued the family for years. And ever since then, Inko has felt new life. She had someone to share her problems with again, someone to lean on for support. Someone who could love the woman who tried her best.
Her son has grown so much over the year, yet that gentle heart never left. He was striving for great opportunities that he kept achieving and showed no signs of ever stopping.
He found friendship, and even though Inko never told Izuku that she always knew of the withering friendship of him and Katsuki, Izuku also lost it. He found the father-figure that he was sure to never have the rest of his days.
He found love. And that was something the filled Inko with everlasting joy.

Overhaul, she was happy.

But that was before she received the phone-call that shattered her world.

She had already lost the man who she bared the child of, and now that very child out was of her reach.

Villains

They took her sweet boy away from her. Not only him, but also the son of her best friend.

Together, they wept.

Toshi was there to comfort her every step of the way. Even with his important job at UA, he stood by her side. Masaru was the same in this regard. With his calm demeanor, he was able to keep his wife from going out on a blitz in sobbing rage.

But she knew that it couldn't last forever.

Inko was both sad and relieved to hear that Toshi was called in to assist the operations in retrieving the lost boys.

And now, she was alone.

Two of the most precious people to her are out in the world. One is god knows where, and the other is finding said place. All the way, she prayed for both.
She needed to see if there were any sorts of progress of reports on the mission.

Turning on the TV, she flipped through every news channel that Izuku had marked. The first thing to come upon her interest was an interview of who she knew to be Izuku's homeroom teacher.
Eraser Head, was it?

After listening to the interview, she wasn't sure what to think. She could tell that the reporter who asked those questions was trying to antagonize and make the heroes look bad, but she couldn't help but understand where he was coming from.
She had learned how to catch onto these sorts of things from watching her son do it nearly every day. From the specific words that they used to way they said it, both Midoriyas had a keen sense for the secrets that laid within the news channels.

After all was said and done with the interview, she once again found herself surfing though the dozens of channels. With each press of the button that she constantly assaulted under her thumb, new colors and figures would flash in front of her. But not a single one was what she was looking for.

Finally, she stopped on one channel in particular.

She knew what she was looking at the moment it popped up on the screen. Right then and there, she almost burst into tears. The image that the screen provided sent her on a roller coaster of emotions.
The colors, the shapes, the sounds. They all combined into the setting of which was a large clearing of concrete. Along the edges were mounds of broken buildings, fires, flashing lights, and screaming people.

But all of that was blurred in the edge of her vision.

Her entire focus was on the boy that stood in the middle of the clearing. She could instantly recognize the wolf that was her own. She could see the anger on his face plain as day. The purple flames that curled around his body flowed in the wind.
She then watched as those same flames came from the raised hand of her son.

That was when she realized the full situation.

Every time she watched her boy exchange blows with the man that she swore she would kill herself; her heart would leap out of her chest. She no longer made any attempts to wipe away the tears that flowed down her face. So what if a few of the objects around her began to float?
She did not dare to take her eyes off the screen.

For a good bit, she stared as the two looked to be talking to each other. The camera that she knew to be coming from a helicopter was much too far to pick up the words of two individuals over the distant sirens and screams.

Then came All Might.

Her death grip on the remote was released. The objects that hovered around her dropped. And just slightly, a smile came back on her face.
She gasped with relief when the worlds' greatest hero came from nowhere and surprised attacked the villain. From her spot on the floor just in front of the TV, she shuffled around as she thanked whatever god had granted her wish.
She continued to smile when she saw Izuku embrace the hero. She knew that he looked up to All Might almost religiously and was even a teacher at UA. She would have to ask Toshi if she could thank the hero personally for saving......

"No."

The warm smile the Inko once wore was ripped away as she saw the villain stand up. The other two were still hugging and had not realized.

"No."

She watched with horror as the villain raised and arm that began to morph. What used to be a normal human arm was now a grotesque, fleshy, and burly arm that very well threatened the lives the who they were pointed at; her son.

"Please."

Just before the fist came down on the both of them, Inko was just able to catch the swift movement of All Might throwing Izuku out of the way and taking the hit.

Inko wasn't sure if there were words in the entire dictionary that could describe the amount of chaos that followed.

At this point, her emotions became too much to be held within her frail body. As she watched the explosive reaction, her figure went limp while using just enough effort to keep looking at the TV with dead eyes.
The remote slipped from her loose grasp and fell to the floor, but she did not hear the impact.

The display before her was nightmarish.

It was as if a small meteor had struck the earth. The dust that filled the air was blown away by the hurricane-like winds. The edge of the already made clearing widened as the ground beneath deepened.

Nothing else seemed to exist except for what she saw through her teary eyes. She had not blinked for several minutes, and her unmoving gaze continued as the aftermath of the villain's attack was shown.

If people thought that it was bad before, then it just got worse. Within every pixel on the screen was absolute carnage. With a single attack, this man was able to reshape the land into a cavity in the earth.

And there he stood, the villain who wore a black suit and broken mask in the very center of his own destruction. His arm was could have made the strongest of heroes recoil in fear. As it nearly touched the ground, a kind of black aura radiated around it.

And laying just before this villain was All Might. He was face down in the dirt with his arms up. Similar to how he last looked when he sacrificed himself for her son.
She began to trace the screen with her eyes to locate the wolf. A small amount of paranoia re-entering her empty shell of emotions.
It was easy enough to find the glowing lavender flames among the dark night; even with the orange fires nearby. He was also laying down, but instead on his back. The wall of debris that he was resting in was even larger than before.

And when she was able to identify the expression on his face, it was like looking in a mirror.

The only feeling present on his face was utter shock.

And even though it tore Inko apart to see her boy with such a look, a wave of relief washed over her. That relief was currently battling with the sense of daunting for the #1 hero.
Her eyes moved away from her baby and back to the hero who saved her son from the villain. Neither had moved. The wicked looking man still stood above All Might.
Said hero was still laying on the ground. After a few daring seconds of her hoping to see the blond move, she instead began to see steam rise from his motionless body.
She didn't know what it could possibly be at first. Was it an effect from the punch, was it a part of his own quirk? What was happening?

It was subtle, almost too subtle for her to realize that her eyes weren't playing tricks on her.

But she knew for a fact that he began to shrink.

Little by little, the massive muscles deflated down to his bone.

Inch by inch, his healthy locks drooped until they touched the dirt.

And just like that, all her emotions came flooding back.
.....................................................................................................................

"How selfless. How foolish. But I must admit; you surprised me today, All Might. A full sacrifice to save just one boy. Hmp, it must be agonizing to know that it was all in vain."

As AFO stood over the shrinking form All Might, he looked up to the child that his nemesis saved just to postpone his death by a meager minute. The look on his face was full of shock as those lavender eyes stared wide at the downed hero.

"No... this is impossible. The villain didn't go down after being surprise attacked by All Might. And after letting his guard down for a second, both Midoriya's and All Might's life were in danger. But just in time, our hero was able to keep the UA student out of harm's way but suffered a terrible blow. I-I don't think he's getting up." The words of the reporter sent hopelessness into the hears of however heard the tragic news.

"Well, let's get this over with, shall we? I want you to witness as the pillar of this society is broken." With the fist that was powered by multiple quirks, AFO raised his arm high. "This is just the beginning."
He brought his fist down.

There seemed to be no end to the amount of punishment that the clearing would take as another heavy attack shook the field.

But something wasn't quite right.

AFO's could feel that his knuckles did not meet ground or flesh. Past the bony scales and thick flesh that coated his limb, he instead felt a burning sensation. Through the small amount of dust that accumulated from his attack, he could see the indigo glow.
Sparing a glance above, he saw that the boy no longer laid in the debris.

"I'm getting sick" AFO gazed back downwards to where the voice came from. "And tired of your shit." Just as the last word registered in his mind, AFO flinched when he made out the two piercing lavender orbs that burned with hatred in the clearing cloud. When his view was no longer obstructed by particles, the villain could see the Izuku was standing over the deflated form of All Might while using just a singular arm to hold back his fist. "I really hope you have a healing quirk in your arsenal of stolen powers" It was only until now that AFO could see the smoke leaving the boys' lips that was hidden amongst the lingering dust. "Because this is going to hurt."

In a move that was a blur to the villains' eyes, Izuku's arm that was previously holding back the punch whipped up and stabbed each claw into AFO's wrist.
Before the man could do anything to prepare for what was about to come next, Izuku opened his mouth, and let all hell break loose.

The amount of built energy that Izuku stored behind his fangs was released in a titanic surge of uncontained power. The smoke that burst forth was dense enough to be considered a physical object according to physics. The streams of indigo fire roared into the night as the augmented element cast the land in a purple glow.
The blast of pure power shot off into the night sky at a low angle; just barely missing the buildings that the pillar of darkness flew over.

The smite of Ragnarök lasted for only six seconds.

But in just those six seconds, all of Japan; and soon the world, will know his name.

Once the beam had ended, the camera captured the moment Izuku released his claws from his wrist. Then, gravity did it's job as the villain dropped to the ground.

While the bottom half of his body was nearly untouched by the overwhelming attack, his entire top half was nearly unrecognizable. AFO was a scorch mark. The mask that used to rest around his neck was nowhere to be seen. His skin was a flaking mess as smoke and steam rose from his body. As he lay on his back with his arms spread out. Besides the small rise and fall of his chest, AFO really did look dead.

Even if no one else could see it in that moment, Izuku was ready to join him on the ground.

But he wasn't done just yet.

Turning away from the two-century-year-old evil person, he crouched low beside the other unconscious man. With a gentle touch, he lifted the blond bridal style and walked away.

All of Izuku's senses were starting to fail him. He couldn't tell what the shapes were in front of him. The sounds and smells were completely alien to him mind. Even time was something that he could not grasp.

With everything that he was able to process, there were people around him. They were worried about something. The weight that he felt in him arms vanished as his arms became numb.
He thought he could see black spots around the edges of his blurry vision, but he wasn't sure.

Izuku wasn't sure when it happened, but at some point, he fell into darkness.
.....................................................................................................................

For the next five days, the Japan and the hero society as a whole changed drastically.

In ways that were near unexplainable.

After the fight of which humankind has never seen the likes of before, heroes, officers, firefighters, everyone did what they could to save the best of what could come out of the warzone.
There were casualties, yes. But all of which were from the first blast from AFO. The heroes were able to act quick enough to save any other lives that were in harm's way of falling debris or spreading flames.

In just one night and with the help of certain heroes, they were able to tame the sight of destruction.
In the morning, the ministry looked over the full results of such a catastrophe.

Ragdoll was recovered by the means of other UA students. Their actions were dealt with accordingly with mild quirk usage even though most of which was not against other people or to do harm.

Both of the kidnapped students were also retrieved.
Once more due to the actions of two of the four student group, they were able to bring Katsuki Bakugo to the police and had him taken to be checked for any injuries. Then afterwards would be asked questions about his time in the villain's hideout for clues.
The other boy; Izuku Yagi Midoriya, who the ministry recognized to be the legal son of Toshinori Yagi/All Might was taken to the nearest hospital via helicopter due to his condition.

You didn't have to be a doctor to see that broken state of the boy. While there were no injuries from any sort of outside source, the internal damage put the wolf on death's door. From there, UA's nurse; Recovery Girl visited him shortly afterwards.

The Nomu that were originally in the unsuspecting building were all ended by the efforts of one of the four. That said student was also injured during their attempt to escape. Thankfully, it was nothing serious. Simply a minor concussion and slight bruising all along the body.
The other three came out with minimal wounds which was always a good thing.

In the end, the villains were able to escape. All except for AFO, they went through a portal that took them to a place unknown. So even though they were able to find their original base of operations, they still managed to get away.
All that was left was the aftermath of the #1 hero.

Even though the villain that bought despair upon Japan was defeated, he did not go down alone.

"I'm basically at my limit." All Might said the words in a sorrowful tone. "I may be able to pull off my hero form for a measly few minutes, but that's it. Using my own body as a shield took a lot out of me; more than I expected." As he looked up from his frail hand, he peered into heterochromatic eyes.

"I'm sorry, Toshinori. I feel like it was because of me that things came out this way." Just as the blond looked to her, Shoko looked away in shame.

"Hey, it was thanks to you and your little crusade that you got Ragdoll out of there and was able to draw out All for One. Although, I highly discourage that you attempt anything like this again. And I agree with what the Force said about your foolish decision to go out instead of notifying any kind of authority." The look of shame in Shoko's eyes deepened. "But, even if what you did was dumb, you did a good job at it; the others too. I'm just glad that everything came out better than what it could have." At that, Shoko dropped the sad look slightly and met Toshi's sapphire gaze with a small smile.

"This... while thing was just... hard." Just as many others, Shoko had a difficult time explain the events that occurred five days prier.

"Indeed, it was. And it best that it ended when it had. Otherwise... well... that's a future that we thankfully don't have to face. And we have him to thank for that."

At his statement, both looked over the still form of Izuku. He had been unconscious for five straight days. The level of quirk exhaustion let alone the actual exhaustion he had was pilled up way higher than any records till this date. At first, the doctors weren't sure if they could do anything to help him.

But as usual, Izuku continued to drop jaws; even while he's passed out. After a few hours of suppling the boy with feeding tubes that contained high nutrients, they saw that he was beginning to stabilize.
After five days of patience, he finally looked healthy enough to be considered alive.
If you were to look just on the other side of the bed, you could see a sleeping Inko with the top half of her body laying on the side of the bed with her son.

After the third day, she had finally stopped crying over the sight of her boy in such a state. And when she wasn't eyeing his heart monitor, she was bawling over Toshi.
He had not suffered anything as nearly as severe. Sure, his spine was on the brink of being snapped in two, but like Toshi already said; it could have been worse.
After waking up himself at the end of the first day after the fight, he was met with the motherly force of Inko who held him for hours on end. He loved the woman to death, but if she didn't loosen her grip then it really would have been to death.

Not too long after, Shoko showed up. After getting her fill of making sure that both were indeed alive, she explained how she was caught up in the mess.
Sure, Toshi was upset about hearing from both the girl and the council that she and three other students had knowledge of Izuku's whereabouts and didn't tell anyone, but Toshi could tell that there was no reason to get after the girl when he could tell that she had already learned from her mistakes.

When it came to the final judgment of the four, they were given an intense warning. Since no one besides themselves and the higher executives knew of their involvement, they had the option to be let off as long as they don't go around telling everyone.
A short and easy lie would replace the true story for the reasons behind the four's injuries and how they were able to find Ragdoll.

Throughout the days, other UA students had stopped by to check up on Izuku. Each time, they would recoil from seeing that Toshi was there. And each time, had to explain his position as Izuku's father.
During which, Toshi also learned that Shoko actually knew of his real identity beforehand. Since he trusted the girl, he paid no mind to it and moved on.

On the fifth day which as also the present, it was becoming late. Golden rays of setting sunlight shown through the windows onto the few residents in the room. Seeing as it was time to head home, Toshi awakened the peaceful greenette from the side of the bed and the two married couple drove the peppermint girl to the UA dorms.

After a few bits of farewell, the Yagis drove off to their own home to where they would sleep in their own bed after Inko had one of her small sessions of caring for Toshi. His back was all that was injured, but it seemed to be healing much better than his side had from side from all those years ago.
Of course, she was still getting used to the whole 'my husband is (used to be) the #1 hero' thing.
That talk was quickly taken care of the first night of Toshi's awakening.

Meanwhile, Shoko would wave them off as she watched them drive away. The girl would turn and head towards the UA dorms where she has been living for the past few months. For a short while, she would converse with whatever group was in the commons room before heading to her room.

When she would finally prepare herself for slumber, she would recall the day's events. The events that consisted of her doing her normal routine with the few adjustments to fit what had become of her life. Things were always changing here at UA. And even though she knew it was for the better of her becoming a hero she had always dreamed of; she couldn't stop the night from becoming cold.

Even on the nights where they would sleep separately, she didn't feel this kind of cold while in the comfort of her bed. Ever since she was treated at the hospital after camp, that news of Izuku being gone had left her in a state of which she had never experienced.
Even after she had taken these feeling to Inko and found it was similar to when the mother had lost her first husband, it didn't do much to ease her. Even after seeing him in the hospital. Even after knowing that he was safe and sound.

She still felt the void.
.....................................................................................................................

Izuku didn't know how long he's been here.

He doesn't know when he'll be able to leave.

Darkness has succumbed his world. But it wasn't a bad kind of darkness. This felt more... right.
So now, he lied there. He also wasn't sure what he was laying on, but he was laying on something.

And for the longest time, nothing happened.

He simply stared out into the unending abyss of nothingness.

Or at least what was nothingness anyway.

After what could have been any amount of time in the world, Izuku saw a light. Then two, then three, then four, five, six, seven, and then eight.

All of which were different bright colors.

Izuku didn't know how he knew, but he could tell that these lights held a significant important to him. Each held a great power that came together to become what is known as One for All.

Just as he said the name in his head, each light formed into a figure.

He didn't know who seven of the people were, but the eighth that smiled at him with pride looked all too familiar. When he returned the smile, he realized that all of them were grinning at him with proud and happy expressions.

Then, all together they said.

"Wake up."

Just as Izuku's eyes opened for the first time in nearly six days, those eight lights remained in his eyes until they vanished.

"It's three in the morning, what am I supposed to do for the next three hours?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

893K 54.8K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
418K 12.7K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1M 38.9K 92
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
128K 3.6K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...