The Devil's Guardian Angel [L...

Por XMythicalityX

Angelica Grace usually goes by her nickname, Angel. Pretty strange considering her newest experiences of actu... Más

Prologue
Chapter One | In The Beginning
Chapter Three | Date?
Chapter Four | Party Pooper
Chapter Five | Detective Lucifer
Chapter Six | Down to the Station
Chapter Seven | Kidnapped
Chapter Eight | Additions and Addictions
Chapter Nine | Truth Be Told
Chapter Ten | Metaphors

Chapter Two | Destiny

507 19 25
Por XMythicalityX

"Hello love," I jumped as I heard the smooth British accent and sat up, looking around to see that a man was standing at the edge of the couch staring at me with an amused grin plastered on his face. He was tall, around six feet I would guess, maybe taller, had dark brown, almost black hair, stubble that perfectly captivated his face, and deep brown eyes that seemed like they were staring their way into my soul, "If you were so hungry for sex, dear, you really could've just asked. No need to force your way into my home," he said and I suddenly understood why there were no people up here.

Oh, my God. This is someones house and I definitely just crashed it and now he thinks I want to have sex with him?! What have you gotten yourself into Angel!? How the Hell are you going to get out of it?

As my thoughts were racing, the man, who already had his black button up buttoned down enough for me to see his chest, had started crawling towards me on the couch, and I felt my heart rate raise. He was attractive, but I certainly was not a person to have sex with random attractive strangers!

"Wait!" I blurted, causing him to stop as his grin was replaced with confusion. I looked around and gulped before hopping off the couch, "I am so, so very sorry sir, I did not realize someone lived here. I-I thought it was a part of the club. I'll be on my way," as he listened to my explanation he sat back, watching me in complete concentration as I slid on my heels before brushing my dress down and making a b-line for the door.

Before I could even make it three steps, he grabbed onto my upper arm gently.

Oh no, Angel. He's a rapist.

"Please, accept my apologies, lovely," I turned to him, shocked.

"S-sorry?" I stuttered as he stood from the sofa, running a fist through his hair.

"I assumed you were one of my crazed fans who were always wanting to be seduced, and quite frankly you have a perfectly shaped body. I must have went a bit wild thinking about ravishing it. Please, allow me make it up to you," he explained. On a scale of one to ten on the "sorry I made a mistake" claims, I couldn't tell if that was the best or the worst.

"Um, you really don't have to do that," I said and let out a soft and slightly awkward laugh.

"Let me at least get you a drink," he said and I shook my head.

"I don't do alcohol very well," I said, to which he hummed.

"That may be a problem. Your name then?" He asked. I sighed and finally gave in. It couldn't hurt that much to give him that, right?

"Angel," I said, finally catching on to the irony that was my name. He seemed to perk up as a light crossed his eyes and he let out a chuckle.

"How ironic," he laughed. I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Why's that?" I questioned.

"My name is Lucifer. Lucifer Morningstar," he said. Then, it clicked.

"You can't miss him."

"There's a new club opened nearby."

This was the Devil I was supposed to be looking after. My breath hitched in my throat as he halted his laughing, now looking more and more concerned.

"Are you all right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Mhm," I mumbled and nodded, forcing a smile on my face as I continued to inch my way to the elevator doors.

"Are you sure? You've paled considerably-"

"Yeah, yeah. No, I'm fine. Just, uh," I felt the doors behind me as I felt around on the wall for the buttons, continuing to lie to his face, "You know I'm just feeling a bit sick. Think it's just the cocktails I had earlier. Guess I should really be getting home," I felt the button and pushed it, hearing the ding of the bell as the doors opened behind me.

"I thought you said you don't drink?" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Oh! I don't. No, no. Drinking: Bad. No, that's why it's making me feel sick, you know," I rambled as I stumbled into the elevator and pushed the button for the first floor, "Anyway, it was nice meeting you Dev-I mean Lucifer! Later! Bye!" I said, waving as the doors shut and finally I was in the elevator alone.

I can't do it. I just can't. How the Hell am I supposed to watch over the devil? I can't even boil water for instant noodles properly! Nope. It's not happening. I'll just have to find Troy and tell him to find someone else.

When the elevator doors opened, I was instantly submerged in the music again, except it was different. Everything felt drowned out like the world was there but none of it seemed real. Shit. Was I having a panic attack? My breathing was shallow. I looked around for Troy and Viv but had no luck, that was until I saw a couple up against the staircase. I ran to them, virtually patting myself on the back when I was close enough to see that it was, indeed, Viv and Troy. I ran up to them and grabbed them both, pulling them off each other.

"Angel, what the hell?" Viv asked as they both looked at me, but Troy seemed more calm and collected.

"Viv, I'm sorry and I'm gonna try to make this quick but I really need to talk to your guy here. Cool? Cool," I flew through my words, not waiting for her to answer before pulling Troy to the door and outside. When we got outside, he raised his brows at me.

"What's the problem, Angel Grace," he sighed. I pointed at him.

"You! You are the problem. Look, I know the Devil is, like, evil and stuff, and needs a babysitter or whatever! But I am not that person! I can't do that, Troy--angel boy--or whoever you are! I am not cut out to look after the devil, or be an angel, or anything! I can hardly ride a bike, I can't drive, I don't like public transport, Viv and I can hardly pay rent, and now on top of this all, you want to add the freaking devil into my pile of life problems? I. Can't. Do. It. So find someone else, because it's not me," as I vented, Troy stood there, staring at me with a scary calm on his face. Once I finished, he straightened up and after a second, I felt a sting on my cheek. Did he really just slap me?

"You listen to me now, Angel," he started as I grabbed my, now pained, cheek.

"Ow."

"Do you think I like the idea of some mortal taking heaven's powers and risking the responsibility on someone like you? No. We don't get to choose who becomes guardian angels, it just happens, and like it or not, you were chosen and you nor I can change that. So strap on your big girl pants and find the devil and watch him! Or so be it I will rip you out of this world and straight down to his!" As he screamed at me, I saw a side of him I didn't even imagine there was five minutes ago. His veins popped out of his neck and his face turned a shade of red I'd never seen on any man ever. I gulped when he was finished as he took a deep breath, wiped the hand he'd used to slap me off on his shirt, and turned on his heel, "This is your destiny, Angelica. Nobody can change it until the Devil returns to Hell. If you really don't like it that much, find a way to convince him to go back," and with that, he was gone. I stared, awestruck for a moment, before glaring at the space he had been standing just moments before.

I turned and stomped over to his car, kicking the tires and banging my hands down on his hood as I let out pained shouts. Once I felt like I'd gotten my anger out of my system, I noticed some random man on the street staring at me in horror and I looked up and smiled at him.

"Don't worry, it's my car," I lied. I'd been doing that a lot tonight and I absolutely hated it. I sighed and gripped my hair, leaning my head down on the banged-up hood.

"Seems like you have a problem," I heard behind me and suddenly wanted to melt into a hole and never be heard from again. I sighed and lifted my head, not even bothering to turn and look as I recognized the British accent I'd heard just twenty minutes earlier.

"Are you here to offer me another drink or just to watch me suffer?" I asked with a mopey tone as all I wanted was to sink to the floor and cry.

"Neither, love. I was simply going to offer you a ride home. I'm guessing the angel you just had it out with was your ride," he said and I snapped my head in his direction.

"You know he's an angel?"

"He's my brother, love. Of course, I do. But you... you aren't my sister, but still an angel. It's strange," he said and my eyes widened even more.

"Have you known I was an angel the entire time and you still tried to seduce me?" I asked, wanting to shout but also not wanting to concern passersby.

"Relax. I only know you're an angel because Raguel doesn't speak to mortals unless he absolutely has to. I figured it was either you or your red friend inside, but seeing the show you put on, it couldn't have been her." So that's Troy's real name. Weird. I calmed down a bit and exhaled, slumping down a bit.

"I can walk," I mumbled and turned in the direction of the house Viv and I shared.

"Oh, please. I'm sure it's a long walk."

"I'll make it."

I made it about a block down when a black topless car drove up next to me, slowing down to my walking speed. I looked over to see none other than the Devil himself.

"You know I'm supposed to be the one watching you, not the other way around," I said.

"Ah, so you're a guardian angel. Makes sense," he nodded, "Also explains why Raguel's on Earth and not up in Heaven," suddenly, there was a honk from a car behind him and he turned around in his seat, "Go around you bloody prat!" He shouted to the driver behind him, who, surely enough, drove around. Lucifer then turned back to me, "Would you get in the car so I can stop going one mile per hour?" He asked and I sighed, finally hopping in the car.

As soon as I was in, he went from 1 mile per hour to 70 so fast that the back of my head hit the seat. I grabbed onto whatever I could for safety and squeezed my eyes shut. I never even liked roller coasters so this was way out of my league.

"Please slow down before I die of a heart attack or a car crash," I begged and heard Lucifer sigh but ultimately slow down at least 20mph. I breathed out as I relaxed a bit.

"So, care to point me in the direction you live?" I did easily and when we arrived at my house I quickly jumped out of the car. I walked around to the other side before noticing that Lucifer had gotten out too and was waiting to walk me to the door.

"Oh, you really don't have to-"

"Stop telling me I don't have to do things. I know that already. I want to do them," he cut me off and I pressed my lips into a thin line before nodding.

"Okay," I nodded and we walked to the door together. I looked at the bird feeder that hung right outside the front door and reached under it, pulling off the taped extra key to get in, as Viv had the original one. Then, after unlocking the door, I turned back to Lucifer, "Thanks for... Driving me home," I said, trying to keep things with as little awkwardness as possible. He smiled and nodded.

"It's only gentlemanly to assure that a lady never walks a dark road alone," he said and I tried not to roll my eyes.

"Well..." I said and looked around before saluting him, "Goodnight," and with that, I turned on my heel and shut the door on him as I walked inside. As soon as it was shut I let out the breath it seemed like I had been holding in the entire night and sighed.

This night could not have been any weirder.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

5.1K 136 10
Y/N is a beautiful angel, the most beautiful according to the four sons of God; Michael, Gabriel, Azrael and Lucifer. Lucifer, was the only one y/n h...
1.6K 41 31
Angels and demons exist. Lucifer is still a good guy. And the lines between good and evil are not meant to cross. She's different. The color of her w...
7.5M 77.4K 6
*Book one in the Hell's Company series* Lucifer was the brightest angel in Heaven, But in service of God, he was condemned to darkness. After thousan...
3K 144 14
In the beginning, the angel Lucifer was cast out of Heaven and condemned to rule Hell for all eternity. And now he is God. What does that even mean...