Chapter Nine | Truth Be Told

My head is killing me... Why do I feel so nauseous?

I shot out of bed, rushing to the bathroom as fast as I could and leaning over the toilet as vomit hurled out of my throat. I groaned when it finally stopped, and heard someone tsk three times behind me. Without looking, I flipped off Viv.

"I don't know what you think I did, you went and got drunk all on your own," she said with a calm collective voice. The next thing I knew, she was holding some water out to me, "Swish, then do mouthwash or your breath will stink, and nobody likes that," I glared at her, but did as she told me, spitting out the water into the sink to get the rest of the puke out of my mouth before swishing some mouthwash.

Once I was all good and taken care of and could no longer taste my insides in my mouth, Viv sat me down on the couch, handing me a plate of toast with strawberry jam on it.

"Now, you want to tell me why you drank yourself into a black abyss of angels?" she asked. I looked up at her, eyes wide.

"W-What?" I asked. Did I say something to her about me being an angel? Oh, God, what if I showed her my wings? This is a disaster already. I'm never getting drunk again.

"Relax. I don't know what you're hiding, but when you were drunk all you kept talking about was God and angels and how Troy's an angel named Raguel or some bull and Lucifer Morningstar's the devil and now you're an angel--his guardian angel to be exact."

"Viv, look, I can explain-"

"Good, I hoped you could. So what do those metaphors mean?" I blinked at her. She thought they were metaphors... She thought I was covering something else in my life up with metaphors about me being an angel and Lucifer being the devil.

"What?" I couldn't help but ask as I tried to process.

"What do the metaphors mean?" she asked, only slower this time, "Did Lucifer hurt you?"

"What? No, he's been nothing but amazing to me, other than being a cocky jerk sometimes," I shook my head.

"Then why would you call him the devil?"

In this situation, I had two options--come clean about everything, show my wings, and quite possibly lose my best friend, or continue to cover up everything that's been going on in my life...

"Viv, I-" before I could finish, there was a knock on the door. Viv immediately turned to the door.

"We're busy!" She screamed at whoever might be out there, then turned back around with nothing less of an angelic smile, "Continue."

"I-" and again, a knock, "Give me one minute," I said, standing from the couch and making my way towards the door. I opened it to see Lucifer standing there, looking as nice as ever, wearing all black, "Luci-"

"Come on, we think we may have the killer, and I need to meet the Detective there. Can't be late," he grabbed onto my hand, starting to pull me along with him. I turned one glance at Viv and stopped in my tracks, causing him to look at me with furrowed brows, "Sorry, was I interrupting something?"

"Yes," Viv said, standing up from the couch and making her way to me, grabbing my empty hand and trying to pull me inside, "You had your time with her, now it's my turn," she said. I gulped, knowing how this was going to go down almost before it even happened. Lucifer let go of my hand and nodded.

"I see, well, if that's what you want, Angel, go ahead. I just thought you might want to hear about my genius deduction skills and how I figured out Ty's agent was the killer, with the help of the Detective, that is," honestly, it sounded intriguing, but I didn't care about that so much as just wanting to keep him out of trouble. I looked back at Viv, who had this indescribable look on her face, as if she could tell I wanted to go with him, but she couldn't believe it. Hesitantly, she let go of my hand, backing up to the doorframe.

The Devil's Guardian Angel [Lucifer] (Rewrite)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें