Renegaded Spirits

HeretoWriteandFight द्वारा

When Aang was shot down and claimed to be dead... Another had fallen and was also claimed dead, accept he was... अधिक

The Crossroads of Destiny
The Blue Spirit
News
Free spirit
River village
Painted lady pt. 1
Painted lady pt. 2
Partners
Common
Training
Attached
Spices of home
On the run
River
Bonding
Pinkys
Untold secrets
Heritage
Relatively unhelpful
The puppet master
Red string
Meaning
A new view
Fun day
Black sun
The western airtemple
Forgiven
The boiling rock: part 1
The boiling rock: part 2
Second chances
Decisions made
Cant leave
Forgiven destiny
The sun warriors: pt.1
The sun warriors: pt. 2
Returned
Rough morning
Anniversary
The southern raiders
Monsters
Last place
The ember island players
Insisting
Offical
Three
Battle plan
Disappeared
Camp
Allied Destiny
Into the Inferno
Painless
Passing
Coronation
No words
Epilogue

Only ones

7.5K 192 169
HeretoWriteandFight द्वारा

Zuko and Katara walked to downtown as they were freely able to hold hands without hiding but made sure they didn't run into Sokka and Suki.

"Come on, i know a nice place we can grab some dinner," Zuko pulled her with him feeling more excited. Katara giggled as she walked faster to keep up with him but let go of his calloused hand to wrap her arms around his more muscular one but one hand still held his.

"Oh how cute!" Katara smiled looking at the restaurant he lead her too, it was open with no doors as some people sat at tables and some at booths.

Katara looked behind her hearing music as she curiously glanced but Zuko caught her looking as he saw the band that played in the towns square that was probably the center.

"Fun part about being at a tourist island is that it's way to loud," Zuko told her gently as they went to go check it out for a moment.

"they don't have this in the south pole," Katara scooted closer to the entertainment dragging him with.

"Did they have this kind of stuff when you came?" Katara asked as they watched the band with other people.

"Yea, I liked the plays and bands, I miss live music," Zuko nodded softly as he looked at her.

"I like it," Katara hummed leaning against him as Zuko wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

He looked around curiously and a woman caught his attention, he bit his lip a little looking at her then looked at Katara.

"I'll be right back," he told her and slipped away while Katara was focused on the band with the up beat music.

"Um hi," Zuko walked up to her blushing a little awkwardly, she smiled looking at him knowing the intention.

"Aren't you a handsome boy," the old woman smiled. "Who's the lucky girl?"

"She's over there, how much?" Zuko asked.

Katara clapped a little in awe as children started to dance in front of the band as she looked around for Zuko but saw him walking back to her.

"Where'd you go?" She asked.

"I'm not so great at the dating thing, but I think girls like flowers," Zuko gulped holding out a rose blushing darker.

Katara covered her mouth a little as she took it, she leaned up and kissed his lips gently with a smile.

"I love it, thank you," she smelled the rose a little.

They stayed for another song before they got hungry again, Katara happily held her flower in one hand and her boyfriends hand in the other. They asked for a booth at the restaurant and were seated with two menus.

"Is this crazy? We're here on a date while next week the world could end?" Katara asked as she drank some of her water.

"Ha... that's part of the reasons I wanted to take you on a date..." Zuko gulped a little pursing his lips.

"Well don't worry, we're going on more when the wars done," Katara smirked a little at him.

"Wow you're keeping me around after the war, I'm honored," he chuckled softly.

"Yea might as well, durk will get sad without you," she shrugged a little sipping her water again.

"Who says you get him, he's my dragon," Zuko looked at her in disbelief.

"Cause he likes me more," Katara batted her eyes at him innocently.

"Don't- don't get me started on this, you got a solid week with him cause I was in prison, my dragon," Zuko told her as she laughed a little at him.

"We bonded a lot," Katara nodded.

They ordered some food as Katara got dumplings and soup and Zuko got a bowl of noodles as they talked. Katara gasped tapping zukos hand quickly seeing Suki and Sokka walking around on the other side of the window, they ducked down below the table ignoring people who gave them looks. Zuko peaked up seeing they were past them as Katara laughed covering her mouth.

"Sokka would join us and steal my dumplings," Katara laughed but Zuko stole one instead.

"I mean I wouldn't blame him, they're good," Zuko told her simply.

Katara narrowed her eyes at him with a demonic force in her eyes as he felt no fear or guilt. He looked at her like he was threatening to take another.

"Do you two want dessert?" The waiter asked.

"Yea but he's getting his own," Katara told him sweetly as Zuko slowly reached over to steal another dumpling in protest.

Because stolen food is the best food.

——

They walked down the streets with the warm summer breeze brushing past them once in a while with the street lights giving a warm glow against the night sky. Tan and pale fingers intertwined as Katara gave a little swing as there was a band playing close by again as kids played with sparklers in the streets. Parents talked with drinks and laughter echoed the air.

"I like this, a lot," Katara pulled zukos arm over her shoulders as he smiled.

For the first time in a while they were happy, they were relaxed, despite the future they enjoyed the moment.

"I love it," Zuko agreed kissing the side of her head as she held her rose and smiled down at it.

She enjoyed the feeling of being loved, being in love.

"Where do you think we'll be a week from now?" Katara asked curiously leaning against him.

"Where do you want to be?" Zuko asked looking down at her.

"Would it be cheesy if I said with you?" She snorted.

"It'd be cheesier if I said I'll take you anywhere, but I will," Zuko smiled at it.

"When Aang wins, we're going to have to rebuild the world with him," she sighed a little.

"But I want to help you rebuild the fire nation," she whispered for only him to hear.

"It'll be a lot of work," he said.

"Do you think you'll be back in the fire nation palace?" She looked up at him with her deep blue eyes.

"I don't know.." he pursed his lips. "I want to find my uncle before I go back there,"

"But it's your home," she said as they got closer to the band.

"I grew up there for 13 years, it's not my home," he shook his head.

There were less people in the town square, some other couples of all ages, mostly older than them, but there was about seven couples still there enjoying the music as well.

Zuko took his arm off her and spun Katara with their arms extended as Katara was surprised.

"In the months I've been with you, I feel like I'm home," he pulled her back holding her waist.

Katara felt her heart flutter by the look he gave her, eyes only on her. They were the only ones dancing.

Katara smiled a little as he spun her again as she laughed feeling her skirt lifting by the spin.

"Who knew you'd be a dancer," Katara giggled as he pulled her back again as he placed her arms around his shoulders and his hands held her waist, swaying with the music.

"I hate dancing," he told her.

"But I love this song," Zuko whispered in her ear. Katara leaned up kissing the edge of his scar, once, then twice before kissing his lips gently.

Zuko pressed his lips closer to hers for a moment but they parted, dancing together with their eyes meeting until Katara leaned closer against him and rested her head on his collarbone while zukos arms pulled her closer. Almost afraid to loose her.

Katara tightened her arms around his neck closing her eyes as they danced together like it was the last night for them to be together. Zukos nose pressed to her hair with his eyes closing as well. The music playing and fading to them.

Aang walked up to the town square after being found hours ago by Toph, she gave him a talk.

He paused looking at the two in the center of the square with the music behind them. His shoulders loosened up as he watched them.

Aang gulped a little as he bit his lip looking at the rose dangled over zukos shoulder from Kataras hand. They didn't open their eyes, they swayed against each other like they didn't care everyone was watching. They didn't.

Aang took a deep breath and felt a smile crawl on his face as he let them have their night.

They looked happy, he smiled seeing her happy, seeing him happy, knowing they've both seen pain, both seen the darkest parts of the world.

Aang smiled and left them to their date. Somehow all his anger and hurt was melting away as he walked from the town square and back to the house.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

11.4K 264 22
How can one miracle affect the entire fate of the world? Zuko looks back on memories until iroh tells him of a new plan to capture the avatar. They...
88.3K 2.2K 26
The war ended 6 years ago. It's been two years since Zuko and Katara have seen each other. The Gaang tries to see each other as much as possible, but...
210K 5.6K 40
Lady (Y/N) was exiled along with her best friend, prince Zuko. She has conflicted feelings about hunting the Avatar, since she wants the war to end...
9.7K 379 36
After leaving Uncle Iroh's side Zuko dawns the mask of the blue spirit as he struggles to survive on his own he meets and joins a group of female war...