Going Red - An Auslly Fanfict...

By ausllywriter

Red; the color of love. You see red when they're talking to another person. You see red when you kiss them go... More

one - falling at your feet
two - after school
three - intense gym
four - moon's girl
five - arcade
six - strange days
seven - partying
eight - drinking
nine - next morning
ten - warming up
eleven - concerning
twelve - studying
thirteen - only lasts a while
fourteen - sibling talks
fifteen - realization in apologies
sixteen - returning enemy
seventeen - time to tell
eighteen - bad days
nineteen - help
twenty - better days
twenty-one - dinner
twenty-two - first date
twenty-three - disastrous love
twenty-four - strengths
note
twenty-five - valentine's activities
twenty-six - he's not like him
twenty-seven - bad return
twenty-eight - confessed apology
twenty-nine - fearful
thirty - thoughts
thirty-one - court
thirty-three - end

thirty-two - celebration

221 12 11
By ausllywriter

"Mom, you should've seen Ross," Austin exclaims, grabbing a breadstick from the middle. "He had the case in the bag."

"He's studying to be a doctor and lawyer? Wow, Laura, you lost a good one." Dani teases, making Laura playfully rolls her eyes.

"Your wingman skills are horrible," Laura remarks, chuckling while she slurped her spaghetti. "Nice try, though."

Ross scoffs, toying with his own food.

Ally just stays in Austin's side, not saying a word. She wasn't sad or anything. She was just kind of overwhelmed. In just the last month, she thinks she's cried more than ever in her life.

Now, it was over. It wasn't like when she and Laura moved to Denver. That was her running away from her problems. But she faced her problems head on this time and it worked. It worked out so well.

Austin nudges her, making her look up at him. He offers her his breadstick. "Eat something," he demands in a soft tone.

She wasn't really in a eating mood yet. Processing everything that has gone on has dissolved her appetite dramatically. But still, she takes it and quietly thanks him.

"Let's toast to Ally," Laura suggests, grabbing her glass of sprite, holding it towards the middle. "For finally being able to relax and be free of that dipshit."

Each of them clacks their drinks together in honor of Ally, making her grin at the people surrounding her. She hasn't had a full family in a long time. This makes up for all of the time lost.

They finish their meals and Sandra takes care of bill, saying she was so proud of everyone.

"Want me to drive you home or are you going with Laura and Ross?" Austin asks Ally as their hands clasp each other while they're exiting the restaurant.

"You can drive me home," Ally smiles, looking up at him. "I'd rather not be in the car with them, anyway. You know how they are."

"We can hear you," Laura remarks, irking her eyebrow at her sister from behind them.

"I know."

Austin laughs and pulls her along to his car. When once they reach it, Austin opens passenger door for Ally, waiting for her to get in before closing the door.

Once he's inside, Ally watches as he buckles his seatbelt and fixes his front mirror before starting his car. "I love you," she says softly while he's pulling out of his parking spot. "So very much."

Austin glances at her for a moment, then turns his attention back to getting out of the parking lot. "I love you too, Ally."

The rest of the ride is silent. Not an uncomfortable silence, but just pure silence. The radio was playing quietly while the sound of wind came from Austin's opened window.

They reach the apartment complex just as they can see Ross and Laura entering the building.

"I know this is strange, but... I want to sleep alone tonight." Ally speaks quietly, turning to look at him with a shy smile.

Austin raises his eyebrows, not expecting that. You'd think she'd want him to be with her the first night Jasper is sent to jail. But regardless, he nods. "Uh, yeah, totally fine."

"It's not because you did anything," Ally quickly says when she can see him hurting a bit "It's just... I haven't slept alone without being in fear for two months now. I would like to see if his effect has worn off of me yet."

"Ohhh," Austin nods in understandment. Giving her a light smile, he says, "That makes sense. Do you want me to walk you up?"

Ally shakes her head, leaning over her seat and plant a soft kiss on his lips. He gets to kiss her back for a few seconds before she's pulling back again, smiling at him with the same shy yet graceful smile. "I'm good. Goodnight, Austin."

"Love you. Goodnight, Ally."

With one last wave, she gets out of his car and heads to the entrance of her apartment building. Ally gives Austin one last wave before unlocking the door and heading inside.

Ally goes up the stairs cautiously. She hadn't came up the stairs by herself since the Jasper situation happened. But as she reaches the last stair and sees her apartment door with no one in front of it, her nerves calm down.

He's in jail now, Ally.

When she enters her apartment, she's met with her sister and Ross going through papers on the couch.

They both turn and Laura is surprised to not see Austin. "Where'd Austin go?"

"I told him I wanted to be by myself tonight," Ally shrugs light, moving to go to her room. "I want to reflect by myself."

Laura nods, sending her a smile. "Okay, I'm in here if you need me."

Ally sends the same smile back before descending into her room.

"She's strong, you know," Ross says to Laura, giving his ex a nod of approval. "I know where she gets it from."

Laura playfully rolls her eyes as she's placing the papers in her hand inside one pocket of the folder. "We have to be strong. We're all we've got."

Ross puts the documents in his hand in the other pocket, giving her a look. "Not true. You guys have us now. We're like your second family."

"I think that only goes for Ally."

"What does that mean?"

Laura gives him a slight shrug and avoids his stare as she closes the folder. "I mean, like, we're not together anymore. Ally and Austin are, so that would make Ally family to you guys, not me."

"Laura, we don't have to be together for you to be considered family," he tells her, grabbing one of her small hands. "My mom loves you, Dani loves you, Austin loves you, and I..."

He stops himself from going forward. Laura purses her lips and gives a curt nod. With one last squeeze of her hand, Ross releases it with a sigh. "It doesn't matter how I feel. You're apart if our family, too."

Laura gives him hesitant smile before blowing out a breath of air and rubbing her legs as she stood. "Well, it's been a long day, so I'm gonna crash. You can crash here, if you want."

Ross shakes his head as he stands as well. "Nah, you and Ally probably are gonna talk it out in the morning. I don't wanna ruin your sisterly talk."

Laura laughs softly. She walks with him to the door, saying, "Thank you for helping me. Ally probably wouldn't've gotten her justice without you."

"It's nothing," he smiles, sticking his hands in his pocket. "I'd do anything to help you guys. Plus, you gotta be a pretty shitty person to make Austin, of all people, fight."

They both laugh at his joke, knowing Austin wasn't the type to fight at all. As it dies down, Laura stares up at him with a calm gaze. "You did good out there, though. You're gonna be a great lawyer, or doctor, or... whatever. I can't tell with you, but I just know you're gonna be great at whatever you do."

"Thanks, but it was your doing too. We stayed up all night getting every piece of evidence we could," Ross grins, shaking his head. "And I'll help you pay off that ticket for the recording because I kinda knew it was illegal."

Laura gapes and pushes his shoulder, though she was laughing a bit. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"You didn't tell me you were recording until after the fact," he points out, chuckling. "Plus, if all went downhill, that would be the only piece of evidence we needed. So... you did well, Dawson."

Laura grins up him. Playfully, she reaches out her hand for a handshake. "We work well together."

Ross stares at her hand and scoffs. He grabs hold of her hand to pull her into a hug, his arms securing her waist. Laura wraps her arms around his neck as she returned the hug with a laugh.

"Yeah, we do," he says into the crook of her neck in a soft tone.

They pull back from each other while still tangled in each other's arms. As their eyes search each other's, Ross murmurs, "I'm gonna kiss you. Don't hit me."

When his lips press on to hers, she responds to him gently as they move their lips together.

He warned her beforehead because last time he tried to kiss her (when they were freshly broken up), he got a slap to his face. It seems as though they're on the same page this time around.

Laura realizes what's happening and breaks their kiss. Ross searches her eyes again, happy to find no regret or sadness. They both stay in each other's arms for a minute, staring at each other before Laura peels herself from him.

Neither of them knew what to say, and Ross was pretty sure if said something right now he would ruin whatever just happened, so he gives her a small smile and touches the doorknob. "Uh, I'm gonna head home."

Laura looks up at him, quite in shock. "Uh-Uh, yeah... yeah, um, you do, uh, yeah..."

Chuckling, he opens the door and gives his ex a short wave before leaving through the door and closing it back behind him.

"Okay... that happened," she says to herself, not moving.

She didn't realize there a figure watching them, though. "You know, Austin texted me and bet you guys were gonna kiss tonight. I'm glad I didn't accept the bet."

Laura jumps and whips around, annoyed to find her younger sister leaning on the hallway's wall. "Aren't you supposed to be... meditating or some shit?!"

Ally laughs as Laura stomps her way to the hall and brushes past her to go to her room. "I was reflecting, actually,"

With a slam of Laura's bedroom door, Ally laughs loudly before heading back to her room.

//

one more chapter left!!! vote and comment!
also i don't ship raura anymore but i like them in this story so i figured why not lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

One-Shots! By d

Fanfiction

260K 6K 85
Just a few little stories I write when there's nothing else to do. Some horribly written, others greater. (mostly auslly, some raura in the beginning...
112K 2.3K 24
A/N, Warning: this book is so old and I made it when I didn't know how to write properly, so it's kind of ridiculous and not logical. There's grammar...
1M 19.8K 73
.. c; after Ross saves Laura, they fall in love, but with people getting between them and problems going on.. Will they ever have a happy ending?
111K 2.6K 36
A/N, Warning: this book is so old and I made it when I didn't know how to write properly, so it's kind of ridiculous and not logical. There's grammar...