Project Coffee

بواسطة olyanj

Katie and Alex, a world of difference between the two of them. Katie holding down the fort at home with her... المزيد

nulla
i
ii
iii
iv
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi

v

172 7 5
بواسطة olyanj

I blinked.

He blinked.

I blinked.

"Say something."He finally speaks up.I feel like I swallowed a jar full of nails.

"Juice."I spurt out.It was the first thing in my mind.He raises an eyebrow clearly humored by my bluntness.I shake my head."Do you want juice?"

"No."He keeps his gaze locked on me a serious expression glazing over his face.

"Pancakes?"He raises an eyebrow a smirk on his face.

"I have apples?"I offer when he doesn't reply.

"Coffee?"I offer I had a pot brewing for my mother who practically ran on the bitter caffeinated drink.

"I hate coffee."His tone serious like he was prepared to take over the world.

"Good,me too."

"Where is everyone?"He asks implying on where my family went.

"My mom and Freddie are both asleep."I walk over to my kitchen sitting back in front of my unfinished pancakes.

"What do you want?"I look up at him feeling an awkward chill cover the room.

"You."

My gaze locks on his.What did he just say?Does he want me?Like what?That doesn't make any sense.

"What?"

"Your help."He fixes his sentence."I need your help."

"What you need is to form coherent sentences."I retort he rolls his eyes at me before slumping on the chair across from me.

"Shut up."He groans.He begins to speak again but instead the sound of Emily walking down the hallway came.Alex cocked his head the direction of the sound of her walking.

"Why are you guys staring at me like I just walked in on you guys fucking?"She cocks and eyebrow an amused smile playing on her face.

"As I was saying."Alex clears his throat turning back to me."I need yo--"he doesn't get to finish.

"I was in that bathroom for a good ten minutes."Emily rants."And you still haven't mustered up enough guts to say why you showed up at her doorstep?"She lets out a frustrated growl sounding like a stressed out squirrel.

"Anyways."Alex goes back to me turning his head back to me completely ignoring Emily."I need you to help me get something."

"Are you going to explain what that something is?"I raise an eyebrow while he throws a smirk at me.

"It's your virginity."Emily laughs."He needs your help getting in your pants."She grabs her stomach almost doubling over in laughter.

"Gross."My nose scrunched up at the thought of having Alex even near me.

"Does she have to be here?"His tone serious but the humor in his eyes told me otherwise.

"Yes."Me and Emily both say in union.

"What do you want me to help you with?"I ask getting tired of all the stalling.

"I need you to help me tap into the school surveillance system."He says calmly without of hint of anything but seriousness in his voice.

"What?"My eyes go wide,there is no way on Earth this boy was serious."no."

"I need you to do this for me."He places his palms on my kitchen table his body coming closer to the edge of his seat.

"Why do you need to get into the he school system?"my voice is shaky with my heartbeat in my ears.What the hell was he trying to get me in?

"You don't need to know."He grudges crossing his arms over his chest.

"Fine."I huff out.

"Fine?"he raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'll help you."

"What?"this time it was Alex and Emily turn to say it in union both their voices covered in disbelief.

"What,do you want me to reject?"I ask raising an eyebrow which seemed to have caught Alex off guard cause he ended up stuttering and spurting out an answer.

"No-No,"He goes answering quickly."no"He shakes his head before shaking his head."Thanks."

"Why?"Emily finally speaks up.I just let out a shrug not really sure why I said yes.

"I'll see you tomorrow."Alex waved before leaving.

"I don't think this is going to end well."Emily's voice Inge through the room after the front door closes.

"Only one way to find out"

~ • ~

I'd wrapped my apron around my waist a little to tight tonight and I was practically jumping to get back behind the counter to fix it.

Marie had be wait the tables near the back half of the diner since my shift started at one and tonight I was staying till closing.How fun.

I'd been running back and forth from the counter to the booths nonstop and it was a good thirty minutes till my break.

"Can I take your order?"I ask to a group of teenage boys.

"Yeah I'd like your number."One of them days all in a breath I look up from my notepad where I was seriously about to write what he just said and raise an eyebrow at him.Honestly this boy couldn't have been any older then fifteen.I roll my eyes before asking again.

"Are you guys ready to order?"I ask and the table bursts into laughter with the boys howling 'rejected' and 'oh shit'.

"Five medium coffees please."One of them finally orders."and a milkshake."He smiles before grazing his eyes over the menu again.

"Which flavor?"I ask ignoring the rest of the group and focussing on the one making my job just a bit easier.

"Strawberry."He orders but keeps his smile in place."Thank you."I nod my head at him and make my way back to the counter working on the lever to fill up the paper coffee cups.

It didn't take long before I was working on making the strawberry shake trying my best not to add to much syrup or else the whole thing would taste like garbage.I finally finished with whipped creme and I have never been more proud of a milkshake,ever.

Half an hour later I was sitting in a booth with a croissant and hot chocolate resting on the table. Michelle was on break with me and was busy chattering about her adventures in Virginia.

"The beaches were so beautiful it's was astounding how they were even real."She goes off taking a sip of her coffee while I pull apart a price of my croissant.

"And the boys,oh god."She lets out a groan as if it would help exam how she felt about them."they had the most perfect hair."She goes off."like those boy band hairs."She provides.

"Did you meet any of them?"I ask.

"Yeah this one,his name was Daren."She starts before the door bell chimes and both me and Michelle turn our heads to stare at the heavy footsteps coming in.Two pairs of them taking seat in the booth in the far back.I state at Michelle a feeling in my gut telling me this already wasn't going to end well.And from the look on her face I could see she thought the same thing I was thinking.

The hour hand ticked on twelve signaling our break was over.Michelle makes her way out of the booth picking up the scraps of garbage while I ball my trash up and keep it in my hand.

After I finished throwing my trash away I was making my way through the booths,notepad in hand;pen in the other.I hadn't been thinking much while scribbling orders down and passing them to Michelle back at the counter who was busy making the orders.

I wasn't sure if I it was safe to go to the boot at the very back were the two stout men who had walked in were seated both of them sitting on the same side facing away from the door like they were waiting for someone.

"He's late."I hear the one closer to the window mutter to the other while I wrote down the order of the family who were seated next to them.They'd ordered waffles and three mochas.

"He's always late."The one by the aisle grumbled back to the one by the window.And as if on cue the doorbell chimed again and in walked the boy who's been at my doorstep this morning.

His eyes locked on mine while he passed me by.But the seriousness he displayed had me biting my tongue.

I watched him pass by me and go straight to the booth in the back.I walk back to the counter slipping underneath the entrance and into the employees only part of the shop and start working on the mochas the family had ordered after handing Benny--the cook the notepad paper with the waffles order on it.

It didn't take long before I was making my way back over to the family near the back and handing out their mochas and coffee.

"The waffles will be a moment."I let them now before the mother can ask.Its was obvious she was preparing to with her finger raised at me and her mouth in an O formation.She smiles nodding in understanding before I go back to the counter to take the waffles Benny was finished making.

I deliver the stack of waffles to the table before dreading going to the table over.My heart begins to race and my gut tells me to run away.I hold the pen tightly in my clammy hand and the notepad.

"Can I take your order?"I ask my eyes glued to the notepad and nowhere else.

I feel Alex stare burning into my skin but keep my gaze on the paper in my hands.

"Three black coffees."The one bulky man sitting on the aisle side of the booth speaks before any of the other two can order.

"Anything else?"I ask looking up now,my eyes landing right on Alex's hard faze before the other two sitting across from him.

"No."The same man says.

I nod my head and start making my way back to the counter.

~

Who's good at writing pointless chapters?!

Anjoly is!

Next update will be...

Soon (I hope)

Leave a vote to provide motivation!

Thanks for reading!Let me know how you felt!

Ttyl

-Anjoly

~

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

3.5M 135K 50
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Alex has been living the same life, with the same routine, repeating i...
2.6M 70.7K 49
COMPLETED BUT EDITING ~~~~🌸~~~~ "Look who joined us boys. If it isn't the GG herself." I rolled my eyes and taped my hands as one of the annoying j...
68.7K 3.4K 59
Highest Ranking: #63 in Teen Fiction •Completed• "You look pretty fine in those jeans, but you'd look even finer without them." He inched closer to...
35.4K 1.5K 13
We were a team. A confidence team, gaining your trust and ripping you off for every penny we could squeeze out of you. Stealing millions between pick...