The Materialists | Book 1 + 2...

By Kujiis

[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. ... More

00
00.5
prologue + disclaimer
01 | Gold Digger
02 | Gucci is Slutty
03 | Social Suicide
04 | Pre-fuckup Plans
05 | Pretty boys
06 | Bathroom sex
07 | Cake Face
08 | A Party for the Privileged
09 | She's Too Perfect
10 | The Queen Bee is a Bitch
11 | The Real Devil Is Never Disguised
12 | The Beginning of the Beginning
13 | You Aren't Important Enough
The Invitation
14 | Champagne for the Sane
15 | The People in Power are Fools
16 | Bruised Apple
17 | You play Chess, I play Checkers
18 | The Game Of Life
19 | Lucifer is a Saint
20 | Tic-Tac-Toe
21 | You Should Be Scared
22 | She Is Temporary
23 | You can drown or you can die
THE DYNASTY {} Book 2
Cast & Playlist {} Book 2
01 | im only famous in AUS
02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom
03 | I make allies not friends
04 | you'd be a terrible businesswoman
05 | the queen bee is a bitch, pt 2.
06 | there's always something to be tired of
07 | but please don't hate me
08 | so no goodbye?
09 | this isn't a formal gathering
10 | dogs get the scraps
11 | every story has two sides
12 | a devils resurrection
13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet
15 | scared of the crown
16 | you are officially fucked
17 | one last gesture
18 | the lonely king that was never alone
19 | you weren't thinking
20 | the truth
21 | do I look like a cat person to you?
22 | but I missed you
23 | shes her mothers daughter
24 | so I'm not allowed to care?
25 | we can figure this out
26 | comfort and closure
27 | self control
28 | one-way ticket
29 | the good kind of selfish
30 | In a while crocodile
31 | farewell, _____ _____
Epilogue
Authors Q&A

14 | always one step behind

3.3K 134 62
By Kujiis

Been feelin' so alone in every crowded room
Can't help but feel like something's wrong, yeah

✂︎------------------------

This was it, the big switch everyone needed. Not only did this change everyone's view on Tao, but it also changed their view on me. That's right, Redwood Academy. I am you're new Queen.

But I was still missing something, the crown. Tao might've lost her spot at the table, but she hasn't lost everything she spent years building up for her. It takes more than a broken crown to destroy a whole kingdom.

Thankfully, the good impact of removing the girls was already being put into motion. Even I could see it. The A-listers actually looked like friends. We were all talking and laughing, and I can't remember the last time the table was like this since the beginning of the school year. I knew there was still some tension. Like the was Luca and Isaia would give each other death stares out of nowhere. And the fact that Reece was sitting next to me, and would be almost daily, was making me nervous. Especially since the last time we had a literal one on one conversation I was screaming at him.

I didn't know how Cajes was feeling. Especially because I knew little about him, and earlier on in the year I remember him having a thing with Brandy. But besides that, even the guys seemed to be holding up well.

I was just concerned about what Tao was planning. Because there was no way she'd walk away, just like that. There was no way she'd just give up. She wasn't an A-lister anymore. But she wasn't a B, C, or D-lister either. The girls were all on their uncategorized ranking currently, and I needed to change that. There was no way I'd walk into winter break without them at LEAST being a C-lister.

And speaking of winter break, it was creeping up closer and closer each day. I had 3 weeks until it started. I can't believe it took me so long to get to the point I'm at now. But hell, little progress is still progress. I hope.

It was, at last, the end of the day. What worried me was the fact that it was only Tuesday. Only. The hell was I supposed to do for the rest of the week? I just initiated the first contact in a war but I didn't have any moves left. Savien was at my locker already by the time I got there.

"What's up?" I asked, opening my locker.

"Some of the guys and I are going out to eat, you wanna come?" Savien asked, cheerfully. "A celebration lunch!"

I shook my head, I was planning on just going home and formulating ideas on how to destroy Tao. This little game had taken over my free time, and everything thought I had somehow correlated to what she had in store for me next.

"Oh come on! It's not like you have anything better to do," Savien groaned. "No offense."

"I have planning to do," I commented, putting my books in my backpack.

"Okay, boring," She mumbled, running a hand threw her hair. "What is there left to plan? We won, end of the story. What else can Tao do to save her reputation? You need to let yourself go. Stop thinking so much."

"No, that's everyone else's job. My job is to make sure everything goes right so the people I promised wouldn't get hurt don't."

"People, you promised?" She pushed, nudging my shoulder. "Who's 'people'?"

I shook my head again, frowning. I couldn't 'let myself go'. If I did Tao would be one step ahead of me, again. I can't let that happen. You can't take a break in the middle of a battlefield, can you? "So maybe I didn't promise anyone anything directly. But the point of all of this, the point of ruining Tao was so everyone else would be okay."

"Everyone?"

"You, Reece, Luca..."

"Isaia...Ace, Cajes, Sonny," She continued, leaning her head on the locker next to us.

"Sure, them too I guess," She was right though. I started this, so I have to finish it. And until it's finished I can't rest.

"Then maybe... maybe we can plan. After lunch, you and I and whoever you want can go back to my house and plot. But just please come today! You need the comfort, don't say you don't," Before I could say anything else, she continued. "Doesn't it get tiring also being in your own head?"

She was right. But as much begging as Savien was going to do, I still needed to be on my toes. What if Tao was to follow me? What if she already put a bug on my backpack or something? I wouldn't exactly be surprised, but still. I needed that extra security, that sense that no matter what she does I'll be expecting it. I can't do that if I'm not careful, watching her every move, knowing her every move.

"And plus... I don't want to be the only girl there," She grumbled. "You don't even have to talk to anyone! You can just sit there and sulk and plan in your head with your headphones in. Just come, pleasee?"

Closing my locker, I looked at Savien. I still was going to say no. And it was for her own sake too. But maybe... maybe I could use this. Maybe this could be my opportunity to get closer to the guys. Maybe they'd even help me, tell me some stuff about Tao's plans. Maybe I could... use them.

God, I hated thinking like that.

But I didn't save their reputation for nothing. Everything I did involving the A-listers had benefitted me in some way. How else would I have came out on top? Just as I said before, I couldn't risk having friends. Involving Reece, Savien, and Luca was already dangerous as fuck because now they're just as much as an enemy to Tao as I am.

At least... at least for now, I couldn't have friends. I could only have allies.

For now.

"Hello? Laura?" Savien snapped her fingers in front of me, breaking me out of the inner debate I just had. "Are you coming or not?"

"No."

Savien just stared at me, her eyebrows raised before her expression went completely blank. "Well then..."

"I can't, truly. Another day, maybe?"

"I guess... I guess I'll have to do this the hard way then," Savien mumbled with her head down, I barely even her heard.

"What?-" Grabbing my wrist, Savien started yanking me towards the school's entrance. 

"I thought I could just convince you but since you to trap yourself inside your own head, I guess I'll just force you!" She exclaimed.

Using my other hand to try and pry her hand off my wrist, I scoffed. "You're being ridiculous!" I stated, knowing everyone was watching which only made this more embarrassing.

Savien slapped my hand away, refusing to let go, and continued marching down the steps of the front of the building. Sitting at one of the picnic tables out front was Isaia, Sonny, Reece, and Luca. Sonny looked up, smiling at Savien. "Look, Laura! They even waited for us which means you have to go!"

Reece gave me a small smile too as we approached, coming to a stop in front of them all. "Are you coming with?" Reece asked, a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"No-."

"Indeed she is!" Savien announced. "Who's driving with who? We could all take the same car if anyone here has anything more convenient than an ugly convertible."

"Sav-."

"Laura, tell your driving you don't need to get picked up today. Does anyone else have a driver?" Savien finally let go of my hand, which I retracted quickly, rubbing my wrist. "Well come on? I can't be the only one trying here! Speak up!"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I glanced over at the road. I could 100% make a run for it. It would be hard in heels, certainly. But if I can dance in heels I should be able to run. And my driver should be here any second. Just as I was about to actually start backing up, Reece is by my side.

Leaning down to mutter in my ear, he smirks. "We should ditch."

Looking up at him, I raised an eyebrow before starting to smile a little before covering it up again. "You sound like a kid when you say that."

"So you actually want to be here?" He asked, glancing over at Savien who was still trying to arrange transportation with a silent Isaia and a shy Luca.

"No, you don't either?"

"I think it's safe to say almost everyone here was practically forced to go out to eat. Cajes and Ace were the only people with actual excuses not to," He replied, shrugging. 

And just as I was about to agree to leave with him, again I was interrupted. Savien was pointing a finger at us, raising an eyebrow. "I know what you're plotting you two!"

"What do you mean?" Reece smiled innocently.

"You're going to ditch us and go home and fuck, right?" Savien said, a little too loudly.

This girl has no filter, I thought, trying to suppress a small smile. "No, that's not-."

"Save the flirty bullshit, go sext on your own time," She interrupted, smirking. Blushing, I looked at the ground. Was she wrong?

After a few more minutes, Savien finally split us up like a parent. I was going to be riding with Reece, Luca, and Her in Reece's car. Isaia and Sonny were going to take their own cars there. Getting into the front of the car after Luca complained that I wasn't allowed because he called shotgun, I rolled down the window. I'd already lost so much precious planning time.

I could've been finalizing a plan right now if it wasn't for Savien. Glancing over to her, she was smiling, deep in some conversation with Luca in the backseat. Why did this feel normal? Like I was back in New York with my friends, driving down to the Jersey shore for the weekend?

And I didn't like it one bit. I needed quiet, peace, time to think. Time to be stuck in my own head, as Savien would say. And this certainly wasn't it. Every time I'd try to even begin to think about what Tao was planning, my thoughts would drift back to the fact I was being forced to go eat with a group of people I only assembled so there would at least still be a group of A-listers in the end.

Slightly pissed, I pulled out an earbud, shoving it in my ear and turning up the music almost all the way.

Think, Laura. Think! Trying to get myself to think just made my mind blank even more. Well shit.

It was like my whole thought process was stuck on pause. And it didn't help that even with the music I could hear their laughter. They were acting like they had no cares in the world. And honestly, they really didn't. Because I was carrying the whole plan, game, process, whatever the fuck it is now, on my back.

I did the most so they could do nothing.

This is why I needed to be alone. Because instead of planning, thinking wisely, I was letting my anger at almost fucking everything to pile up. I wasn't even sure what I was mad at anymore. Maybe because Savien couldn't respect the fact I wanted to be alone. Maybe because I was having flashbacks of the place I was trying to forget. Maybe because Tao fucking slapped me and I was still so pissed I wanted to beat her to a pulp. 

Maybe because I felt so out of control, so clueless as to what Tao could be planning. Was she planning anything at all? Or just sulking in her bedroom right now? Was she trying to get leverage over me or what she just pacing back in forth in her room?

Was the fact that for the first time, I had no idea what she was doing, the leverage she needed to do anything at all.

Was the fact that I was expecting something to happen the reason why she was probably doing nothing? Was Tao even smart to take into consideration how much this was messing with my head?

For the first time since this whole thing started, I was clueless. She was one step ahead, and what was even more worrying is that I didn't even know if she knew that or not.

Song Of The Chapter: real friends - camila cabello

HIIIII

Okay I don't have much to say except I feel like there wasn't much story progression in this part but the next part I'm so excited to post because SHIT WILL GET HEATED.

IT WILL. GET HEATED.

Anywho, question: Do you think Savien really is too pushy or is Laura right to keep her guard up?

Don't forget to comment and vote etc! 

Much love - Kujiis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 910 38
"Lord have mercy on those who disrespect the Queen; for she won't." They ruined her life, Took her love from her, its time she returned the favor ⚜ R...
4.6K 184 34
𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 was raised from the ground up knowing nothing but comparison and perfection. She compared herself to her successful parent...
121K 3.2K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
191K 5.9K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...