The Maid of Honour & The Jerk...

By thelovelyproject

Frankie returns home to California to find that her brother, Darren is the popular quarterback and her chubby... More

The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 1}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 2}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 3}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 4}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 5}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 6}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 7}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 8}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 9}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 10}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 11}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 12}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 13}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 14}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 15}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 16}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 17}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 18}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 19}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 20}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 21}
The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 22}
Question: Will there be a sequel?

The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Final}

38.1K 471 81
By thelovelyproject

pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

Long over due T_T

I guess, this is the last chapter but it's also what they call a epilogue. I'm not so sure about that anyways, here's the last part. 

-

Chapter 23 - Final: 

Seven years later: 

I woke up the piercing sound of the alarm clock, it was now 5am to be exact. Next to me was Shane who was still deep in his sleep, softly snoring. 

"Shane, honey. Wake up" I nudged his shoulder lightly, attempting to wake him up. Shane grumbled, shifting underneath the covers slowly awaking up. 

"What time is it?" he asked, with his eyes still shut. 

"It's 5 in the morning.." I said, tying my hair up into a ponytail. I heard Shane mumble something about going back to sleep. Immediately, I got up from the bed and pulled the blankets away from Shane's body and shoved it into the closet. 

"Get up!" I said, whacking his bare chest with his pillow. I found Jack awake and had my, well his Winnie the Pooh plush toy the one Shane got for me seven years ago. Jack was whacking Shane with the plush toy. Jack was pretty strong for a two year old, guess he got my genes. Ha! 

"Daddy! Wake. Up!" he said as he hit Shane on the head with the toy. I was about strike at him with the pillow once more when he snaked his arms around my waist pulling me onto the bed, locking his grip on me in the process. I felt Shane's lips press against my neck murmuring, "Five more minutes.." 

"No! No! No! NOW!" Jack boomed even louder. 

"No way.. I want to get to the airport earlier so we can get everything checked in and have breakfast there. So, get up and get ready while I take a shower. " I stated, removing Shane's grip from my waist and I picked Jack up. 

"Can I join you?" he asked with a big smirk on his face. 

"Nuh-uh. So get moving.." I mumbled as I walked into the bathroom and took a shower and got Jack ready. After twenty minutes, Jack and I walked out of the bathroom dressed and ready. I found Shane sleeping again. Argh! I can't take this anymore. 

"WILLIAM SHANNON REID! GET OFF YOU LAZY BUTT AND GET READY!" I fumed. I watched as Shane woke up from my yelling and fell on the bedroom floor landing on his backside. He quickly ran into the bathroom and slammed the door. I smiled at my achievement of waking Shane up and got our suitcases ready. I managed to get Jack to watch TV so I could prepare other things. 

After Shane and I got married three years ago, we moved to New York so I could finished up degree at Juilliard but the school offered me a job as a teacher so ended up staying in New York instead of going back to California after I finished.

Suddenly, the telephone started ringing and I hurried to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Francesca, darling! What time is your flight again?" she asked, obviously she knew the answer to that already. She asked me more than 7 times before today. My mother was a little too excited for her own good. 

"Grandma!" Jack called out as he heard her voice on the phone.

"Hi, sweetie." 

"12 o'clock. Since the flight's five hours we'll be landing around 6 . Okay?" I said sarcastically.

"Don't use that tone with me" she said firmly. I rolled my eyes as I held the phone against my ear. 

"Has Darren and Maggie arrived yet?" I asked curiously. 

"Oh yes, they arrived last night. Anyways, I'll see you tonight. Bye-bye." she said quickly, I could heard the crying of a baby as she cut the call.

"Bye." I placed the phone back on to the table. I knocked on the bathroom door before yelling, "Hurry up, Shane!" 

"Yeah! Yeah!" he yelled back. I went back and started bring the cases in the living room. I saw Shane walk out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. 

"Finally, you're finished" I said sarcastically. He just winked at me and pecked my cheek leaving a wet kiss.

"Ew!" Jack scrunched his eyebrows together. "Tell me about." I puffed as I was putting Jack's shoes on. 

"Oi! Hurry up..." I smiled, shaking my head. 

                                                                                    *~*~*~*

"How was your flight?" Aunt Rosie asked, as we all sat in the living room. 

"Kinda tiring." Shane said, stretching his arms out and placing them around my waist. Delilah, Maggie and Darren's two year old daughter was playfully messing with my hair. Darren and Maggie got married three years ago and Maggie had Delilah a year after. Everyone was so shocked that their relationship lasted because they always used to fight and breakup over the pettiest things. I even remember once Maggie called me, she was drunk and she was telling me how Darren was a two-faced lying ass.  When popped the question, everyone was so surprised; well everyone except Nana Daisy. 

"Darren, has Delilah eaten already?" I heard Maggie yell from kitchen. 

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked, looking down at Delilah. She cheekily shook her head as I carried and gave her over to a worried Darren. "Thanks." he mumbled.

"Do you two wanna bring your stuff upstairs?" Dad asked looking at our suitcases. 

"Yeah, maybe we should." Shane got up and grabbed our suitcases and brought them to our rooms. I left Jack with Mom and Dad since he was telling they about what he wanted for his birthday. They had our bedrooms extended after we all moved out so now our rooms where about two times bigger than what they used to be. Man, they should of made our room bigger years ago. 

The bed was neatly made and some blankets were stacked on top. I ran over the bed and jumped on it sinking into the soft mattress. I spread my arms and my legs wide as I hugged the pillows. Suddenly, Shane climbed on top of me, straddling me with a smirk. 

"Oh, no you don't.." I felt his fingers poke at my sides and tickling me mercilessly. I let out a loud burst of laughter as I squirmed underneath him. He finally stopped, collapsing on the bed; laying next to me. His arms once again caught my waist and he pressed me against his warm chest.

"I miss this.." he breathed into my hair.

"We hugged this morning." I giggled. 

"But.." I waited for Shane to finish his sentence. 

"But wha-" Shane brushed his soft lips against mine cutting my sentence off. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. I felt Shane's fingers touch the hem of my shirt as he tried to pull my shirt off. The door suddenly swung open and two light brown haired kids along with a blonde one came running in and pounced on the bed. 

Shane and I quickly broke apart and I started to straighten up my shirt. "Hey, buddy!" I patted Johnny on the head as Shane carried Sally and Jack in his arms. 

"Were we interrupting something?" Mike laughed at us. Jenna came out from hiding, well Jenna and her pregnant belly, that is. 

"No, we were just-" 

"Yes, you just did" Shane spoke up. I nudged him on the arm and gave him a warning look. "Mom wanted us to let you know that dinner's ready." Jenna winked. 

"Come on kids, let's leave them alone" Mike called Sally and Johnny out of the room. The two kids stomped out of the room leaving us alone again. I sat next to Jenna and Maggie while the guy opposite to us. 

I got off the bed and fixed the blankets and swapped my heels for some flip flops. "Grandma made mushed potatoes!" Jack grinned. 

"Dad! Did you heard that? Let's go!" I yelled as Jack dragged me into the dining room by my wrist. 

Everyone sat down as Shane and Darren brought in the food. Sally and Delilah sat side by side and so did Jack and Johnny. We all ate and talked among ourselves. 

"Jenna, when's the baby due?" Mom asked. 

"In about 3 weeks." she grinned down at her protruding belly.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" I asked. 

"We wanted it to be a surprise." Mike said. Everyone just said nodded in agreement  and continued eating.  I suddenly had a wet feeling at my toes. I lowered my head underneath the table. There was small pool of liquid flowing at my feet. I suddenly realised.. Jenna!

"J-Jenna." 

"Yeah? What's up?"

"I-I think your water..." 

"Oh my god, Jenna, your water broke!" Maggie yelled out. Jenna followed with a wince of pain. Mike automatically grabbed Jenna's hand and put her arm around his shoulder and helped her up. 

"Shane, get my car from the garage!" Mike tossed Shane his car keys. Shane got up and went to get the car. 

"Maggie, Frankie! Stay here and take care of the kids." Darren said. 

"No! I want Frankie to come!" Jenna yelled out in disagreement.

"Darren, you stay here with your wife and watch over the kids." Jenna continued.

"AHHHHHHH!" she yelled out in pain. Jenna's parents hurried into the van followed Mike and Jenna. Mom and Dad stayed behind with Darren and Maggie.

"Ok! Quick, hurry. Pregnant woman about to give birth here!" Jenna yelled out sarcastically. I helped Mike haul Jenna into their van as Shane took the driver's seat. The ride to the hospital mainly composed of grunt and moans of pain all coming from Jenna. We finally got Jenna into the hospital and into the delivery room. 

A few hours had past before we heard any news. I really hope Jenna and the baby's okay. Shane was resting on my shoulder while we were waiting for some news. My phone suddenly started vibrating, I got a call from Maggie.

"Maggie?" I said quietly. 

"Any news?" she asked eagerly. Aunt Rose and Uncle Tim went to buy some coffee. 

"Nope. We haven't got an-" My voice suddenly dropped when I saw Mike appear out of the room. "Hold on, Maggie. I'll call you back. Mike came out." I said before cutting the call. 

Shane got up and walked up to Mike as I did the same. "Is she okay?" Shane asked. 

"Yes! She's okay. I got another baby girl!" he smiled, I saw some tears build up in his eyes from the happiness. "Congratulations!" I said, excited. I called Maggie back and told everyone else the news. Mom, Dad, Maggie, Darren and the kids arrived at the hospital in the morning. Darren must of fed the kids chocolate and ice cream when we left. He's gonna get it later. 

"Mommy!" I saw Jack running towards with open arms and jump into my arms. 

"Did Uncle Darren give you ice cream for breakfast?" I glared at Darren who looked away after realizing I was glaring at him. Jack quickly glanced at Darren then slowly turned his head to me before answering, "Nope!" with a big smile. I kissed Jack on the cheek and ruffled his hair. 

"Where's Daddy?" Jack said, as he grabbed my face and squashed my cheeks in between his small hands. I pursed my lips turning my head in Shane's direction who was walking with two coffees in his hand. I passed Jack into Shane's arm as he gave me my drink. I quietly sipped on the coffee as everyone else were chatting amongst each other. Maggie and Darren took all the kids to the hospital playground. 

A doctor came out of the room with a clipboard in his hand. "You may now see Mrs. Knight." and with that he let us through into Jenna's room. The first thing I saw as I walked in was Jenna sitting upright, flicking through the T.V channels. Automatically, the mothers showed their concern for Jenna and the newborn baby and wanted to hold the baby. I called Maggie and Darren to come to Jenna's room since we were already here. The kids also showed much interest in the baby as I held the baby in my arms. After awhile, Jack got jealous so I had to pass the baby back to Jenna and carry Jack. 

"Picture time!" Auntie Rose yelled out and pulled out her camera. 

"Everyone, huddle up!" Dad called out, telling her to get closer around the bed. The kids sat at the foot the bed while Jenna held close to the baby as everyone else came closer to fit into the photo. Shane caught my waist and wrapped his arms around me, leaning his head on mine. 

"1.. 2.. 3.. Smile!" Mom yelled out as she took the photo. Moments later, her face scrunched up in disappointment. 

"It was on video mode.." she said shyly. The kids groaned and slapped their foreheads with their hands.

"GRANDMA!" they yelled. 

"Again!" Aunt Rose called out again. Once again, everyone came closer for the photograph. 

"1.. 2.. 3.. Say 'Happy Family!' she beamed behind the camera. 

"Happy family!" 

I guess you could say and we lived happily ever after as a happy family, right? Well, maybe and plus the constant bickering and arguing... 

===============================================================================

THE END. Hopefully the ending was okay! That's the end of The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man! 

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who supported this story by reading, voting, commenting, fanning, liking, retwittering & any other ways you have supported me. I wouldn't of made it so far without all of my readers and hopefully you will continue to support my future works. I love you all so much! <3  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 2K 30
Rachel Berry and her two best friends, Santana Lopez and Kurt Hummel, go back to Lima to see one of their old best friends, Quinn Fabray. She's getti...
96.9K 1.9K 33
What happens when karters best friend kay is caught messing around with another guy and then her boyfriend ends up doing something with her best frie...
14.6M 446K 36
"Being reunited with your childhood best friend after eight years apart? Sounds like a heart-warming story. Finding out that said best friend is now...
14.1K 282 10
When Steve has to return home to Brooklyn after him and his friends all went out LA for college and when his little sister Olivia whose 18 calls with...