Royals: Misfits

Von _aubrstories

Allison Carpio decided to lead a secret team of students in order to take down a group of rebellious teenager... Mehr

author's note
...
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
epilogue
final notes + trivias

chapter thirty two

10 1 0
Von _aubrstories

32: Sucker For Pain

ALLISON

"Oh, they're good... but they're not exactly having the time of their life."

"What do you mean?"

Marie had let me wander around her small home, but strictly told me not to go outside. Judging by the foreign trees and plants scattered around outside that I saw from the window, I'm guessing we were somewhere outside the city.

How does her house look? Plain. Just like what I saw on her guest bedroom. The house has a small living room, two bedrooms: the guest and master's bedroom, and a single bathroom that was inside the master's.

Everything looked like the guest bedroom. Even the living room that only had a CRT television, and another green single sofa in front.

But the master's bedroom? It went on another level.

There was a king-sized bed, covered in comfy, grey blankets. Instead of peach, the walls were colored black, and I took notice of the lack of windows inside. On the other side, there was her computer table. However, it was not something to be ignored. Everything was lit in neon green. Her headset, her mouse, even the power supply fans on her system unit.

On first glance, it would look like a gaming setup, not until you look up a little to see six LCD screens that hung above the table. Each screen showed live footages of what seemed to be the streets of the city.

"Royals got ambushed by the parking lot."

Even before I could react, the six LCD screens suddenly turned black, and after a few seconds, flashed another place. A very familiar place.

And it was Asplund.

Marie had pointed to the sixth screen, where the parking lot of Asplund was. Realizing it wasn't live anymore, twisted my stomach. The time indicator on the bottom left corner showed the time and date. It was three days ago.

There was no sound coming out of the footages, but it was clear to me that this was planned. There we're noticeably a few 7th grade students scattered around the area.

At that age, you can't even get a license, and a decent car.

Few minutes later, a group of students came walking inside the parking lot. It was them. They were all together, not until they were stopped by a group of ten 7th graders in front of them. Enrico said something, but looks like he was interrupted, when the group turned around.

I had to look at the 5th monitor to see it was Dexter with his friends. He was smirking, yet seconds later it was gone. He was with his friends, but I noticed someone missing among them.

Dexter had said something yet again, but this time, I forced myself to look back at the 6th monitor to see, the 7th graders that were standing, suddenly ambushed the group!

I bit my lip, watching as Daryll, Cosine and Enrico tried to fight back, while the girls were forced to sit and cover themselves on the ground. Soon, more 7th graders came to beat them up, that eventually overpowered the three.

I wanted to run back and leave this place, just to give Dexter the same beating that they're having, but it happened already.

There was nothing I can do.

I wanted to tear my eyes away from the screen, yet I wanna see how it will end.

"Will they be okay?"

I heard Marie scoff. "They will not be. Not after they successfully re-opened Thea's case."

Suddenly, a smirk rose from my lips. He may have beaten them up today, but they succeeded in getting it into the court. They really got it... just in time.

The girl laughed, looking back at the main monitor of her computer.

"Tsk, maybe your group will likely suffer, they did what they have to do. Just in time. The Arguello's are really one of a kind."

I did not answer, and instead, looked at the website she opened, showing the main article of a recent news: Newly appointed prosecutor Auguste Louis Arguello handles the re-opened Fuenmayor case against Dexter Mariano.

After some minutes, the gamechangers left the area along with his backups. I was glad that no one lost consciousness, but they were tainted with dirt and blood stains from wounds, especially the boys.

Alexid had said something, and laughed. She yelled, raising her hand, with her middle finger raised. I stifled a chuckle. Everyone had helped each other to stand up. However, Aira broke down. March had quickly consoled her, and even Alexid, who hugged her as well.

The LCD screens turned black again, returning my attention to Marie. She turned around along with her gaming chair to face me.

"Like I said, you are a one of a kind. I'm impressed."

"I need to go back. I know the consequences of putting up the case again."

"Not now... " Marie shook her head, "not until I tell you the things that I need to say before we part ways. I doubt that we will see each other again later. I might be gone from your sight tomorrow, the next week, the next year or the next decade."

"But you'll still communicate with me?"

She smiled. "Of course. You deserve a friend like me, Alli while I deserve a friend like you."

I sighed. Looking in the dictionary for the definition of a friend, she had become one when Royals started. Where did I get the lab tests and investigation papers from? Her. Who taught me how to hack Asplund's sound system? It's her.

When I received that unknown text from her, that's when she confessed that she is a hacker. Knowing all so well about them due to my interest with computers, I have asked her what kind of a hacker she is.

There are certain types or categories of hackers to be called, depending on the intention of hacking a system.

She had said that she would always switch between her grey and red hat, but she's stuck with her white one.

What's with the hats and the colors? She's already saying what she is, in technical terms.

A gray-hat hacker are those types of hackers that are in-between good and evil, that being a white-hat or a black hat hacker, respectively. It will depend on her whether she'll do it for her own personal gains or others.

But I was more intrigued in her, being a red hat hacker, which means she can have access to very sensitive data. One example? Top-secret files that are hidden by the government.

When I asked her for help, she had called me a "Neophyte", a type of hacker who is very new to hacking, or a green hat hacker. I have to admit, hacking isn't really my forte. I still have a lot to learn.

She is usually blunt to answer questions, would sometimes say narcissistic replies, and always kept our communication between our own encrypted texts. But she made it clear that she would be always there to help me, and in return, I would also help her with her chores, such as setting up hidden cameras on the street.

I smiled. "Thanks for the help you've been doing."

I saw her smirk, "No pressure. I trust you."

Suddenly, a thought popped in my head. It wasn't a possibility, but at the same time, it might be.

"Say, what if I... decide to abandon you or... try to betray you?"

She questionably raised a brow at me. "I would not hesitate to kill you then. But I know you're better than that."

But I didn't miss the hesitation in her voice though. I glanced on the monitor screens behind her, the words she said ringing in my head. "Right, you do."

I have no plans of betraying her. I have never thought of that since I knew that she was a hacker. I just hope she doesn't do the same to me.

Later on, we decided to eat lunch. She went outside to get fast food and came back quicker that expected. She was true to her words when she said that she still has things to tell me. Half of those were about the Mariano's. Most of them are not new to me. Cases of corruption, theft, extortion... Secretary Hendrix's greed had led his own family to do bad.

He wanted to be the best of the best. He wanted the power. The fame. The respect.

He had once tested the Arguello's, but he underestimated Don Lorenzo's cunning ways. Strict, he might be, but my grandfather values respect the most. A thing which Secretary Mariano asked, but never gave.

When they knew that Hendrix was the mastermind behind the bush fire on Leopoldo's (Leslie's father) farm, Don Lorenzo didn't hesitate to file a case in court. The Arguello's won, and the opposing family owe us millions for damages. He had promise to pay it...but up until now, the debt is left unpaid.

"I've seen that you still need a witness for the case..." she sipped her iced coffee.

Looking back at that I know about the party, the only person I could go to is Eldar.

"Why don't you try getting Phoenix?"

The mention of her name stopped me from moving. I stared back at her incredulously for suggesting such a ridiculous idea, but her face remained stoic.

"I... think it's not a good idea."

"You think? Or you want to think its not?"

"What are you implying?"

She leaned back on the sofa, "You're still hoping. Maybe you're right. Why don't you take-"

"She is friends with them." I cut her off.

"Oh come on, Allison! Now, you're being prejudiced!" she was smiling, yet I could see the sarcasm on it. "Don't let it get into your head! Why? Being friends with them doesn't automatically signify she sides with his own agendas and ideas. No pressure on ya, but don't be a sucker for pain!"

Sucker for pain? I did not ask for pain, it comes whenever it wants!

"You have no idea what I'm going through."

"Oh? As if I don't literally watch random people from the screens inside my bedroom." she mocked, ""Wag kang pakampante sa pakiramdam na may kasama ka ngayon dahil pag nawala sila Alli, mawawala rin yung sarili mo!"

She quickly flinched on her seat when she heard the thud from the table where I landed a punch, and rose from my seat to meet her eyes below me.

"Matagal na 'kong wala sa sarili ko simula pa noong dumating si Papa!"

My sudden outburst suddenly made the air between us cold. I was breathing heavily, trying to comprehend if she's actually suggesting help or trying to annoy me. I started to get dizzy, as certain memories invaded my head.

"Calm down, calm down... I apologize, Alli." she also rose from her seat, and held both my shaking, tightly-clenched hands. Her soft-spoken voice actually calmed me down. She suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"Do you drink meds?"

"What meds?" I questioned.

"Nevermind. Let's just continue eating. Relax, will 'ya?" she patted my back, and return to her seat.

We continued the conversation, but still, her last question lingered in my head. What medication was she talking about? Analyzing the time she asked however, made it clear for me why.

I could laugh at my own mediocrity.

I maybe a sucker for pain.

ENRICO

"Sandali!"

Matapos maibalita sa TV ang pagbubukas ng kaso, things went worse for us. Hindi ko kayang maupo ng isang oras para makinig sa lecture namin ngayon dahil nangangati ang kamay kong makasuntok sa pagmumukha ng lalaking iyon.

Puno na ng mga gasgas ang legs at braso ko. Laging madumi ang uniporme ko. Lumalaban naman kami, pero parang lagi siyang one step ahead sa'min. Nakakainis na. Gusto kong sabunutan yung buhok ko sa inis!

Takot ang lahat na gumawa ng kung ano. Kita ko naman sa iba na gusto man nilang tumulong, pero ayaw rin nilang mapahamak. Ang iba naman, ay talagang sangga sa kanya, at ang natitira pa ay walang pakealam.

Kalat sa social media ang balita. Kita ko ang karamihan na nagrereklamo ukol kay Dexter. Pero ano bang magagawa nila?

Anong magagawa nila kung nasa posisyon si Secretary Mariano?

Bash all they want, but Secretary Mariano would only laugh at them, probably holding his cup of red wine with his right hand, watching how people battle over rights.

Nagpapasalamat nga ako't buhay pa 'ko, dahil hindi biro ang pamilya nila. If they needed someone to disappear, they would not hesitate to do it. Kailangan I-torture? Paaminin? Pahiyain? They'll do it in no time.

Pagkatapos noong insidente sa parking lot, inisa-isa nila kami, starting with March and Aira.

Noong lunchtime, nagulat na lang kami noong biglang mapasigaw sina March tsaka Aira habang kumakain kami. Gulat ako nang makitang basa na ngayon ang ulo ng dalawang babae, at may kung ano-ano pang mga bagay ang sumabit sa mga buhok nila't uniporme. Noong maamoy namin ang kanyo na ibinuhos sa kanila, hindi na'ko naghintay pa't sumugod sa dalawang babaeng humahagikgik sa likuran nila.

"P*nyeta kayo! 'Wag niyong hahayaang makalapit sainyo!" awat-awat ako nina Daryll at Cosine, habang inaasikaso ni Alexid ang dalawa. Naka-ilang mura ako sa kanila, pero tinawanan lang nila ako.

Ngumisi si Lavender sa'kin. "Aww... Sa tingin mo naman non, makakabawi ka na agad? Sayang, pogi ka pa naman..."

Sandali siyang lumingon siya kay March, at ibinalik ulit sa'kin ang tingin.

"Kaso sa dinami-rami pa ng tao... Tama lang sa kanya yan. Baboy naman siya e. Sama mo na yung kasama niyang punong kahoy."

Agad rin silang umalis, bago pa maisipan ni Alexid na sumugod. Gigil siyang sumunod sa'min para tulungan na magbihis ang dalawa.

"'Pag ako naisipang batuhin sila ng mga napkin ko, 'wag silang magrereklamo!"

"Grabe naman Alexid, kadiri..." sabi pa ni Aira, kahit pa umiiyak.

Agad akong tumingin kay March na tahimik na sumusunod sa'min. Nang makarating kami sa harap ng bathroom, agad kong kinuha ang PE uniform ko at ibinigay sa kanya.

"Salamat." tipid siyang ngumiti sa'kin at pumasok ng banyo. Si Alexid naman ang nagpahiram ng PE uniform niya kay Aira. Habang naghihintay kami, agad kong tinext si Lolo.

You

Lo, kukuha ako ng PE uniform sa stock room

Lolo

Ano nanaman bang ginawa mo, Rico?

You

Pinahiram ko kay March yung damit ko

Lolo

Bakit mo naman ipapahiram kay Ms. Sylvia ang uniform mo?

Wag mong sabihing may ginawa kayong dalawa?!

Lagot ka sa akin Rico pag nalaman ko

At bakit naman may gagawin kaming dalawa?! Hindi ko mapigilang matawa sa nabasa. Pft, parang hindi siya boto sa'ming dalawa noong girlfriend ko pa siya.

You

Wala kaming ginawa

Yung anak ni Mariano ang may pakana

Gumagawa nanaman ng gulo samin

Dahil sa balita ng kaso niya, ay mas umigting ang suporta ng iilang mga tao kay Thea. Tulad nga nang nasabi ni Alli, ay may mga nagbabantay nga sa kanya just in case na may gawin laban sa kanila ang kampo nina Dexter.

Iyon nga lang, what it gave back was hardships for us.

Noong minsang pauwi naman ako galing sa isang laban, ay agad kong narinig ang iilang mga yapak mula sa likuran ko. Alam ko na agad na may mga sumusunod sa'kin.

Huminga ako ng malalim bago naisipan tumigil at tumalikod paharap sa kanila, ngunit bago ko pa man makita ang mga mukha nila ay agad na 'kong natumba sa konkreto, kasabay non ang pagdapo ng sakit sa panga ko galing sa galing sa isang suntok.

F*ck, excited ba mga 'to?!

Tama nga ang hinala ko noong simulan nila akong pagbubugbugin ng walang awa. Gamechangers nanaman ang may pakana nito. Hindi ko nagawang tumayo dahil sa dami nilang nagsisisipa sa'kin. Hindi ko na rin kaya pang makipaglaban dahil sa kakagaling ko lang rin sa isang laban.

"Hoy! Hoy! Si Ric!"

Rinig ko ang ilan sa mga kasamahan ko na sumigaw. Maya-maya pa'y nakita ko rin ang kalangitan nang tulungan ako ng mga kasamahan kong ilayo sa'kin ang mga tropa ni Dexter.

"Pre, grabe naman mga kaaway mo!" sabi pa ng isa habang itinatayo ako at inakay ako. "Tingnan mo, ang dami mo nanamang pasa! Papangit ka niyan sa ex-jowa mo!"

Agad ko siyang binatukan kahit pa hingal ako. "F*ck you, 'wag mong paalala!"

Pagkatapos ko, sinunod nila si Alexid. Tulad ko, pauwi na rin siya nang tantanan nanaman ng mga tropa ni Dexter. In her case, it was much worse than me.

Noong sumakay siya ng sasakyan niya, ay saktong lumitaw ang tatlong lalaki na nasa loob rin pala. Agad siyang lumabas at hindi nag-atubiling kalabanin ang mga iyon, hindi nga lang niya alam na may apat pa palang lalaki na nasa parking lot rin ng school. She was clearly outnumbered.

Nagawa niyang kalabanin ang iilan sa kanila, but they were too strong. Soon, they got hold of her and even tried to get her to sleep with chloroform. Pumiglas siya, at ginawa ang lahat para makaalis sa pagkakahawak nila. Na-alarma na nga siya noong makita ang mga tingin nila sa kanya.

Just in time, we were there to save her.

Cosine was the first to run to them and landed a punch to the person who was standing in front of Alexid. Sumunod kami nina Daryll at pinagbubugbog ang mga kasamahan nito.

Konting-konti na lang, magiging pata na yung kamay ko sa kakabugbog sa mga 'to!

"Alexid isn't answering her phone."

Luckily for us, Cosine was checking each and everyone of us. Ako naman ang laging nagchecheck kina March and Aira. It's not that they can't takle care of themselves. Sadyang gusto ko lang makasigurado.

Buti na lang, hindi pa nakakauwi si Cosine. May meeting kasi ito sa Sci-Math club kaya kahit dismissal, e may isang oras pa siyang kailagan mag-stay sa eskwelahan. Naudlot nga lang dahil dito.

Hindi naman mukhang takot si Alexid, pero halata ang paninginig ng katawan nito. Malalalim rin ang paghinga nito at parang nagising sa reyalidad.

"Kahit anong gawin nila, matutuloy pa rin ang kaso. Sa tingin naman nila, yang mga plano nila ang makakapagtigil sa'tin? No f*cking way! We have to bite the bullet until Alli comes back."

Until Allison comes back. When is that?

I sighed. "Alexid..."

"Rico, don't give me a reason to punch your face." she spat in gritted teeth. "Babalik siya. Hintayin lang natin."

"Pero na'san siya?! Wala man lang siyang text sa GC! Kahit nga mga teachers nagtataka na!" tanong ko.

Linapitan niya 'ko, hanggang sa ilang metro na lang ang layo ng mukha niya sa mukha ko. "Trust me. Babalik iyon. Kahit ako halos 'di makatulog sa kakaisip kung na'san siya pero naniniwala akong babalik siya."

Tumalikod siya at pumasok sa sasakyan niya. Hinayaan kong humarurot iyon paalis bago tumingin kay Daryll. Hindi siya nagsalita, at nagbigay lang ng makahulugang tingin bago puntahan ang motor niya't umuwi rin. Si Cosine ay bigla na lang nawala, siguro bumalik para doon sa meeting.

Sa sumunod na araw, si Cosine at Daryll na ang pinuntirya nila.

Rinig ko ang pag-excuse ni Cosine papuntang banyo sa sarili noong English class namin. Lumabas siya ng room. Wala namang problema doon, pero kinabahan ako nang bigla ring magpa-excuse si Dexter palabas.

"Sir, can I go to the bathroom?"

Umiling ito, "Only two people can go outside. You can wait for Mr. Rodriguez or Mr. Mariano to come back."

Sir, baka nga hindi na bumalik!

Naghintay ako ng halos sampong minuto bago tuluyang maisip na may nagyari na talaga. Tinabihan ko si Alexid na pokus na pokus sa pagsusulat ng essay.

"Si Cosine..." panimula ko, pero agad-agad naman siyang napatingin sa'kin noong marinig niya ang pangalan ng lalaki. Hmm... aasarin ko na lang 'to pagkatapos ng lahat ng 'to!

"Wait, na'san nga ba siya?"

"Sa labas. Pati si Dexter lumabas."

Kumunot ang noo niya, hindi maintindihan ang punto ko, pero ilang segundo lang noong marealize niya ang ibig kong sabihin. Nagpakawala ito ng mura.

"P*nyeta, sinong pwedeng mag-check sa kanila?"

"Daryll?" suhestiyon ko.

Hindi naman kasi kami pare-parehas ng section kaya kahit papano nakahinga ako ng maluwag nang i-chat ko sila sa GC to check up on him. Si Daryll na ang nagpauna na pumunta ng banyo.

Maya-maya pa, ay nag-chat si Daryll.

jerkface

were at the clinic

Agad ako napapikit sa nabasa. Kahit na ayoko, we needed to stick into our plan: 'wag silang lalabanan pabalik. Not now, hindi ngayong nailagay na ang kaso sa korte. He might use his powers to even pull us into it kahit wala naman kaming kinalaman.

Pagpunta namin ng clinic, ay puro nga pasa si Cosine. Pero mas kita ang manipis na mahabang sugat malapit sa pisngi nito.

"He got smashed with a bathroom mirror." sagot ni Daryll kahit hindi ko tinanong.

"Sino pang susunod niyan?" Alexid asked us sarcastically. Walang sumagot sa'min kaya napamasahe ito ng ulo.

Pero dapat hindi na lang niya iyon sinabi.

"Sandali!"

Sigaw iyon ni Alexid kay Dexter, habang tutok ang maliit na kutsilyo sa mismong tiyan ni Daryll. Hindi ko alam kung nasan kami, basta ang alam ko, malayo na sa school at malayo sa bahay namin.

Pagkatapos ni Cosine, si Daryll naman.

Matapos ang nangyari, sabay sabay kaming umuwi. Hinatid namin sa parking lot ang mga members na may sasakyan sa'min. All went well. Iyon nga lang, noong nasa kalagitnaan na 'ko ng biyahe, ay agad napatawag si Alexid.

"P*nyeta! Si Dexter, hawak si Daryll!"

P*nyeta, talaga.

Doon ko lang nalaman na inambush pala nina Dexter si Daryll habang pauwi ito. Hinabol nila ang motor niya hanggang sa banggain ito para sumemplang. Fortunately, Daryll didn't sustain any injuries.

We all came but only to be reprimanded by him. Wala kaming nagawa kung hindi panoorin nanaman mabugbog ang isa sa'min. Alexid was the last to come.

But that's what I thought.

"Bakit Alexid? Gusto mo ikaw pumalit dito?" pang-aasar pa ni Dexter, at nilaro ang hawak na kutsilyo sa kamay. Malalalim ang hinga ni Daryll, at nakadungo na sa lupa ang ulo. Nakaluhod ito, at hawak-hawa siya ng dalawang lalaki mula sa likuran. Tulad ko, puno na rin siya ng pasa at bugbog. Madumi na ang kanyang uniform.

Like me, Cosine fought but was overpowered. Gulat nga naman ako dahil talagang ginagamit na niya ang frat niya laban sa'min. Hindi rin naman nakatakas sina March at Aira sa kanila, kahit pa babae sila.

"Ano?! Sagot?!" lalong inilapit ni Dexter ang kutsilyo sa leeg ni Daryll, nang hindi inaalis ang tingin kay Alexid.

"Slit that knife on his skin, and I won't hesitate to do the same to you."

Gulat ako sa pamilyar boses na nagsalita. Maigi kong tiningnan si Dexter, at doon ko napagtanto kung sino ang bagong bisita.

Nasa likuran mismo ito ng lalaki, malalim ang tingin nito, suot suot ang pamilyar na hoodie.

"Allison!"

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

169M 5.5M 67
A place where everything is mysterious, enchanting, bloody, and shitty. Entering is the other way of suicidal. Just one wrong move and everything wil...
10.5M 567K 22
[PUBLISHED under LIB] #1. "If pleading guilty means protecting you, I will."
387K 25.7K 94
["PLAY THE KING" IS ACT TWO OF THE "PLAY" SERIES. PLEASE READ "PLAY THE QUEEN" FIRST.] It's been four months since Priam Torres, the once unpopular p...
Obey Him Von Jamille Fumah

Aktuelle Literatur

26.9M 1M 72
He's a 29-year-old mayor of the town and she's a 19-year-old orphaned student. Jackson became Frantiska's legal guardian before anything else. Their...