The Scars Between Us

By Lee02V

Wen Yue is the daughter of a royal family. Due to her past trauma, she's become afraid of others trusting on... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Facts

Chapter 51

130 5 0
By Lee02V

The day of the total solar eclipse came quick as things were already all in place.

The servants readied the areas of where those of the palace were to be seated, and the royal family's place to sit. Every one of them were to be present, or else it'd be breaking the rules of tradition.

If one were to not show, disgrace would befall them.

Quickly rushing along the halls, was Lin with her princess' white robes for the ceremony later in the day. Being a total solar eclipse, her robes were newly made as this was her first, now residing in the Jin Kingdom.

Reaching the doors of her chambers, she briefly announced herself. "Your Highness, I am coming in with your robes!" her voice loud and clear.

Entering, she shut the doors behind her. Lin's eyes searched for the princess who stood at the door of her outside patio with light clothing.

Immediately, did the servant fetch a coat to cover her from the cold winds this near mid-winter.

Snow has yet to fall.

Placing it on her shoulders, Wen Yue chuckled, "Thank you, but I'm alright." slipping off the coat and handing it back to Lin.

The servant's brow raised as she then looked towards the direction Her Highness was. "Your Highness, is there something you're searching for?" she assumed so, since the young woman's eyes were filled with longing.

Wen Yue gave a short frown, "I'm not sure......" she paused for a moment. "What I do know is that I'm waiting for something." her voice soft.

Soon, the bridge between the moon and the sun will connect. There, the pair separated by heaven shall reach their ending.

The ending, that has not yet been determined.

The first set of plays by the drums sounded, echoing throughout the palace.

"THE GREAT DRAGON WILL SOON DEVOUR THE SUN!" shouted the Minister of Rites.

The drums sounded once more to alert those to be present to arrive.

Rushing to his designated area, was the 4th prince, Fei Yang, in his white robes. He was just finishing his duties for the day at the military grounds, when he realized he was to be early at the ceremony.

His eyes looked around as they settled on the beautiful woman beside him. She as ever, held an air of eternal magnificence.

The princess noticing a certain individual's stares, turned. At her movements, he quickly averted his gaze to the scene of men with their beating sticks.

Wen Yue with her attention on him, gave a small grin as she too looked before her.

Again, the drums sounded, signifying the moment of the sun being covered.

"THE SUN IS BEING DEVOURED BY THE GREAT DRAGON!" the same man spoke loudly.

The beat of the drums echoed far and wide, filling the palace grounds.

It was only seconds, as the sun was soon covered by the moon bringing a period of darkness.

"His Majesty, along with the Crown Prince and the 4th prince, shall drink from the chalices to bring forth prosperity to the lands and receive the blessings of His Divine God, Jinhai!" announced the Minister of Rites.

Inside the chalices, was the water from the Gold Spring Falls where their Divine God, Jinhai left to slumber. Nothing was mixed with it, keeping the liquid pure to accept the Divine God's blessings.

It was only mixed during marriage ceremonies to grant prosperity to the pair.

Rising from their seat, the three men of the royal family left to the stage. As they came closer, Fei Yang could feel his chest tightening. It felt like the air was becoming less and less the shorter the distance became.

The prince had done this ceremony quite a few times, only coming about every few years. However, this one felt different. Rather than different, it were as though something was waiting for him at the end.

At their arrival there, they came to their knees as the men beat the drums in a steady motion.

The minister spoke, "Before the Great Dragon shall pass the sun, His Majesty along with both Highnesses, must bow to the earth thrice to show respect, and after drink every last drop from the chalices."

At his words, the three bowed thrice as they then drank from the cups. With every last drop gone, they came to their knees, where they were to remain until the sun shines again.

In a fast rhythm, the beat of the drums followed as those present lowered their heads. If one were to look at the sky, an occurrence shall befall them. This would be set forth by the heavens, believing the individual dared to challenge them.

"THE GREAT DRAGON IS FLEEING!!!" signifying the near-end of the total solar eclipse.

As Fei Yang was on his knees, his eyes seemed to be searching for something.

"Look to the sky."

A voice spoke to him in his head.

Hearing that phrase, the young man shook it off his mind believing it to be nothing. That is, until it came again.

"Look to the sky, Prince Fei Yang."

Without any apparent reason, his body moved before he even knew it. He kept silent as his eyes came up to the sky.

Not a single person noticed his actions. The moment he made contact above him, a strong wind blew past as eyes widen.

Coming through him, were flashes of men fighting on a palace ground as blood spilled, a woman submerged in water, and a red camellia in his hands.

This was all coming fast in a matter of seconds.

"Are these......are these my memories?"

It was then, a certain scene entered him.

A woman's tears as she handed him an embroidered folding fan.

Immediately, did he come back down to his knees making sure no one saw.

His breaths became heavy, but was sure to keep them hushed. He looked around with pressed brows and on the verge of tears.

Slowly, his gaze found her, whose head was lowered.

".....Yue......."

The prince's eyes shut, as a frown formed on his lips.

"....What happened before I left to the borders exactly?"

The eclipse was soon over. With the ceremony done, came nightfall as everyone was now in their respective chambers.

Alone in his, was the 4th prince, Fei Yang. His room was dimly lit by the few candles as he sat against the wall beside his bookshelves.

Ever since he saw those flashes of memories, he's been feeling down. Something inside him has been reawakened.

The forgotten him.

Without any words, he stood from where he sat and left his chambers. He wasn't exactly sure, but it was here that he came to be.

Again, was he behind the wall of her courtyard. She too, was playing that same song.

Carefully, he listened with a solemn expression on his face.

Plucking the strings, Princess Wen Yue held a serene look. However, this felt different.

At every note, something hit her.

Knowing he probably won't ever remember, was what was eating away at her. The many memories they made were truly becoming nothing, fading into dust like it never happened.

Coming to the piece he wrote, she stopped herself, unable to express it.

"As long as I'm here, there's nothing to be afraid of."

That was the meaning of the part he composed. Now that she's found it, she didn't know what to do.

All along, he's been leaving a trail of messages that he indeed loves her.

Tears escaped her ducts, as sobs followed. She couldn't contain her audible cries as they filled the air around her. Hands to her chest, her body hovered over in a painful state.

"Please remember."

She seemed to beg.

Just outside those walls, was the prince she longed to hold again.

Hearing her breakdown to tears, he couldn't help but to also shed some. His expression became distorted knowing the dread.

Heavily, he breathed as he looked to the darkened sky.

"Please don't cry.....it hurts..."
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Tears Of Kai Yuan By Avigayil

Historical Fiction

75.5K 3.1K 35
Location: Ancient China Date: T'ang Dynasty During the most flourishing era in Ancient China, all seemed to be well for the people. The kingdom was g...
139 16 12
"Do you remember when I tried to sneak a kiss from you when we were children?" "Your Highness, I don't think this is the most appropriate time to rem...
3.4K 269 23
"For you are a blossom ready to bloom into an incredible plum flower... it would be best if you did not become a weak and cowardly flower who can not...
2K 127 56
A war between two kingdoms cause chaos all over the world and it tears each kingdom apart piece by piece. The east, having problems with their consec...